April 27, 2024, 04:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221300 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »

There are 2 types of mange, Demodex Mange & Sarcoptic (Red) Mange. Red mange is cureable but it is also highly contagious.

Demodex is not really contagious as the mites live inside the hair follicles and die quickly outside of the hair. 

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2007, 01:11:36 AM »

I have only had one Siberian Huskey... he was a great dog.. but very wild.  We had to give him to someone that runs the Iditrod (sp)... made him very happy....

Your dogs are beauties Sled...

CBB did you show yours?? 

I am impressed....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2007, 01:13:40 AM »

You know how Siberians like to "talk", right? When you mentioned "stealing", I was thinking, "Well, Of Course. She's a Siberian!" My surrogate child bitch used to have loooong drawn out conversations with me a dinner. I PROTECTED the table until I sat down, and she'd sit beside me and "communicated" with me until dinner was done and I put the plate in the floor for her to do the "rinse cycle" before the final dishwasher.

I swear, she could almost talk, and constantly tried.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2007, 01:15:47 AM »

I always run with 2 lead dogs. I usually only run 5-6 dogs at a time. For 5 I run an X 2wheel dogs, 2 lead dog, and usually a yearling in the center.

The lead dogs are usually 1 dominate alpha & 1 submissive beta. The best lead alpha are female.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2007, 01:16:42 AM »

I have only had one Siberian Huskey... he was a great dog.. but very wild.  We had to give him to someone that runs the Iditrod (sp)... made him very happy....

CBB did you show yours?? 

I am impressed....

Yes, I did, Mrs. Red. I finished 3 with American and Canadian Championships. One, in particular, was a pretty well known dog in his day. He was actually on the cover of "Dog World" magazine. Photo was taken in the back yard.

They can be wild! But they're perpetual puppies, and I loved them dearly!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2007, 01:18:39 AM »

thanks for sharing the pictures Sled...

CBB... thank you for the clothes

thank you both for hanging out and talking

Have a good nite... I will talk to you later,
Nite !!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2007, 01:19:28 AM »

I always run with 2 lead dogs. I usually only run 5-6 dogs at a time. For 5 I run an X 2wheel dogs, 2 lead dog, and usually a yearling in the center.

The lead dogs are usually 1 dominate alpha & 1 submissive beta. The best lead alpha are female.

I accept your expertise and your good judgement, sledogs! I was ONCE on a training sled (wheels, not runners) and it scared me to DEATH!  Laughing
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »

CBB,

LOL, Lulu is a talker and a WOO, WOO'er. All the rest talk some. We have a state prison & a school nearby and they both have sirens that they test every day at 4:00pm. Every dog inside and out howls like a pack of wolves. LOL

And then there is the police & amulance sirens

I think that sirens bother their ears.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2007, 01:20:25 AM »

Nite Mrs. Red! It's good to see you! Sleep tight!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: December 29, 2007, 01:23:50 AM »

CBB did you show yours?? 

I am impressed....

Yes, I did, Mrs. Red. I finished 3 with American and Canadian Championships. One, in particular, was a pretty well known dog in his day. He was actually on the cover of "Dog World" magazine. Photo was taken in the back yard.

CBB that's pretty cool!  I want a puppy... too bad that Red keeps telling me NO... that and the fact that our oldest child is 20 and quite cranky... I don't want to distrub his old age... but I want one sooooooooooo bad!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #530 on: December 29, 2007, 01:26:13 AM »

CBB,

LOL, Lulu is a talker and a WOO, WOO'er. All the rest talk some. We have a state prison & a school nearby and they both have sirens that they test every day at 4:00pm. Every dog inside and out howls like a pack of wolves. LOL

And then there is the police & amulance sirens

I think that sirens bother their ears.

Oh yeah, the WOO, WOOer is something I can hear in my mind's ear right now, and I miss it! This particular bitch took it to the 9th degree and had looooong round, low, syllables drawn out to infinity! There was purpose to it.........she fussed about not getting her way! And would EAT anything! I followed her around for 3 days once when she swallowed a pair of rolled up pantyhose and a Hundred Dollar Bill picked up from a coffee table at Christmas!
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2007, 01:26:36 AM »

I train with a wheeled rig and the first time I wrecked it and lost the dogs. They dragged the rig upside down for over a mile before I caught up with them. The handles were bent and the brakes were ripped off.

I now use a 4 wheeler and let them pull it. It's more stable with better control.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2007, 01:27:12 AM »

CBB did you show yours?? 

I am impressed....

CBB that's pretty cool!  I want a puppy... too bad that Red keeps telling me NO... that and the fact that our oldest child is 20 and quite cranky... I don't want to distrub his old age... but I want one sooooooooooo bad!

Shocked Very Happy

YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2007, 01:31:07 AM »

I train with a wheeled rig and the first time I wrecked it and lost the dogs. They dragged the rig upside down for over a mile before I caught up with them. The handles were bent and the brakes were ripped off.

I now use a 4 wheeler and let them pull it. It's more stable with better control.

YEAH! Folks hooked up my dog with the team and set me out in a NEIGHBORHOOD on a concrete road! With WHEELS mind you! They got a real kick out of it, but they had to catch us, 'cause I could NOT get them to stop!

Mrs. Red, what breed would you like?
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2007, 01:33:20 AM »

I let my nephews feed the kennel about 2 months ago and 2 days later my big male Taz was sick and in pain and throwing up. I figured he had ate something, so I put him on liquids and gave him an enema. Sure enough he started passing material. Here one nephew lost the velcro'ed hood off of his jacket and Taz ate it.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »

Baby Westie saying "AaaaRoooooooo!"  They can be big talkers, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2007, 01:38:50 AM »

I let my nephews feed the kennel about 2 months ago and 2 days later my big male Taz was sick and in pain and throwing up. I figured he had ate something, so I put him on liquids and gave him an enema. Sure enough he started passing material. Here one nephew lost the velcro'ed hood off of his jacket and Taz ate it.

YEP! That's the breed I know!  Laughing Oh, you're bringing back memories! I'll never forget coming home from work to find a lawn chair cushion demolished and about 4 inches of cord hanging from Han's, well, his rear. It was the cord that went around the cushion; He had eaten it! I debated a couple of hours on what to do, and finally grabbed hold and pulled. One yelp, and tail tuck, and it was out! All 16 inches of it!  Laughing

I called him "Lawn Mower" for a long time after!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »

No Kidding! Did you see the link Lala's posted last night? There are 2 Huskies and a Westie, I think, on that video and they are all talking! Wait, I'll bring it forward!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2007, 01:42:56 AM »

We can all use a good laugh. I bet you will watch this one at least twice. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCYaw5tGYAs

That's a riot, Lala's! I love it! I watched it THREE times!

CHECK OUT THE LINK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCYaw5tGYAs
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2007, 01:43:42 AM »

It takes just way too many of them to pulla sled!  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.