April 28, 2024, 04:53:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221333 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »

CBB,

I had one scooting his butt around the yard and thought OH No worms. Until I noticed something dragging behind him. Here i was refinishing a table top and he ate one of the steel wool pads I was using and it stretched out to over a foot as he was trying to pass it. LOL

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2007, 01:52:55 AM »

Aw, but they'd be cute trotting along a miniature sled, AnnaLaughing

OMG! Sledogs! WHY does everything go into their mouths and swallowed!?

I've had other breeds, and some chew, some dig, but none of them were ever canine vacuum cleaners like the Huskies!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2007, 01:58:27 AM »

I've thought about Huskies a lot lately. I installed an invisable fence years ago, but AFTER I no longer had huskies. Wonder how the breed would do with it? It's been a God Send for a Sheltie, Bull Mastiff, Corgy, and Shar Pei ( all aquired after I quit choosing breeds and my son began doing so! ).

Think it would be effective for them, Sledogs?
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »

Last story as it is way past my bedtime!

My first female Candy loved to pick at her dogfood and the birds started eating it.  So Candy would pick up the bowl and move it within 2 feet of her igloo. When the birds landed and started to eat she would nail them. Strange thing was she never ate  them but would bury them under the straw in her igloo. And I would have to dispose of them before they got ripe.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2007, 02:03:29 AM »

Last story as it is way past my bedtime!

My first female Candy loved to pick at her dogfood and the birds started eating it.  So Candy would pick up the bowl and move it within 2 feet of her igloo. When the birds landed and started to eat she would nail them. Strange thing was she never ate  them but would bury them under the straw in her igloo. And I would have to dispose of them before they got ripe.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. It's the game!  Wink

I'm past bedtime too, sledogs! I've enjoyed the chat!  Wink
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #545 on: December 29, 2007, 02:04:57 AM »

I use the hand held trainer & collar (Tritronics). I have never used the invisible fence. The 6 ft chain link fence cost me close to 15k though.

And I still had to electrify one kennel as my stud could climb up it and then walk the top like a tightrope walker. He never ran away and would greet me at the front door. I finally caught him doing it on video. My wife thinks I should send I in to Americas Funniest Videos. 

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #546 on: December 29, 2007, 02:06:09 AM »

Me too

Good Night

WOO WOO

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2007, 02:23:04 AM »

I don't think the Westies would ever pull a sled.  They might dig a hole and bury one, however, earth dogs for digging, front feet larger than back feet for speed in doing so.

But mostly they think their job is to look cute and do nothing.

They are large boned and very muscular for the poundage and like Scotties can pack quite a bite.  Legs are prolly too short to pull much of anything at least very fast or over long distance. 

They don't eat everything like huskies but they do dig little holes all over your yard to trip you.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #548 on: December 29, 2007, 06:25:38 AM »

My Bear is a rescue...part Husky.  Big and red.  Was told he was also part Chow but I don't see it. 

All others are basset rescues...

I found this fun video from the House of Puddles, a basset retirement home..... looks like Heaven to me.....lots of bassets wandering around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diwxkw8TuQM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8JSoGUGqgs&NR=1

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #549 on: December 29, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »

Oops, forgot one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGqc38psdWM&feature=related

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #550 on: December 29, 2007, 06:35:03 AM »

This is a great job...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfW9chULVcc&NR=1

Nice pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UPG-5Srx0&feature=related

Mine aren't even crazy about a bath.  I can't see 'em swimming.

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2007, 06:59:13 AM »

Good morning.  I always get up early.  It's the only time I can get on the computer without standing in line. After dog pics, I was perusing videos of bassets (go figure) and found this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wGuRH3o68

Somebody went to Big Sur on vacation and took some outstanding pictures!  These are some of the loveliest photos I've seen in ages! Okay, they have basset hounds... who are also very photogenic.  Anyway, there's no music.  Just beautiful pictures and some sleeping hounds.  It's a long one but the photos are so gorgeous. The flowers are amazing. Makes me think of Tyler's roses.....

Expect a miracle.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2007, 08:16:20 AM »

Good morning.  I always get up early.  It's the only time I can get on the computer without standing in line. After dog pics, I was perusing videos of bassets (go figure) and found this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wGuRH3o68

Somebody went to Big Sur on vacation and took some outstanding pictures!  These are some of the loveliest photos I've seen in ages! Okay, they have basset hounds... who are also very photogenic.  Anyway, there's no music.  Just beautiful pictures and some sleeping hounds.  It's a long one but the photos are so gorgeous. The flowers are amazing. Makes me think of Tyler's roses.....

Peaches,

Those are beautiful photos but I think they may live there, looks like a lived in nice home.  Maybe it's just me but those bassetts look kind of pudgy.  Especially one.  Bet he's really old.  Fine looking dogs, however.

Thanks for sharing.  Isn't it amazing what you can find on YouTube!  Lucky them if they do live there with that breath-taking view!  Nice plants, too.  I wonder if photography is their hobby for they are very good at it, artsy even.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2007, 08:59:41 AM »

CBB,

I left an avatar request for you in the thread for the Christmas ones.  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: December 29, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »

<snip>
OldFart? I don't know how to clean that up, but I started over for you. This hat was the best I could find at the angle it needed to be. Would this be OK?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/New%20Year/ofny.gif

Thanks so much  CBB    Hugs an a   for you

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »

I don't think the Westies would ever pull a sled.  They might dig a hole and bury one, however, earth dogs for digging, front feet larger than back feet for speed in doing so.

But mostly they think their job is to look cute and do nothing.

They are large boned and very muscular for the poundage and like Scotties can pack quite a bite.  Legs are prolly too short to pull much of anything at least very fast or over long distance. 

They don't eat everything like huskies but they do dig little holes all over your yard to trip you.

Too cute Anna!!!
Don't mention Scotties though!! Years ago my neighbor's Scottie jumped up and bit me in the face!!! Had to have plastic surgery to fix it!!! Nothing major...but he did bite my nose open. Can barely see the scar, Dr. did a great job. But Scotties are now one of the few breeds of dogs I don't like....in the same group as rotweilers and pitbulls!!!!! lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: December 29, 2007, 10:15:05 AM »

<snip>
OldFart? I don't know how to clean that up, but I started over for you. This hat was the best I could find at the angle it needed to be. Would this be OK?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/New%20Year/ofny.gif

Thanks so much  CBB    Hugs an a   for you

Love the hat Oldfart!!! Makes you look so debonair!!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: December 29, 2007, 10:15:59 AM »

Hey CBB...the big game is coming up, can you switch me back to my Ohio State Buckeye gear? Thank you!!!!

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #558 on: December 29, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

NYC Lover,

My family comes form the Egmund en Zee region of The Netherlands.  I have only seen it on the internet as my evil ex-husband scheduled two trips to Europe but mostly in Spain and Italy because he could speak the language . I was only in Amsterdam and never got to go there.

Do you know this area?  I understand it is very cold most of the time.

Anna - wow this is an amazing! Your family is come from Egmond aan Zee. That is a beach place in Noord-Holland, (North Holland) and yes, I know this place very good. Yes, it is cold most in this time. In the summer really not. Egmond aan Zee is a beach place and many go there in the summer, of course when it is good beach weather.

I never been to Spain or Italy. I ever want skiing in the Dolomieten in Italy.

Cool, u ever was in Amsterdam. How long u where stay there? I understand u want a time go to Egmond. When u go, let me know. Because I can tell there is a good hotel in Egmond aan Zee boulevard. That is 1 a 2 minutes walk to the beach. There also is a lighthouse. Do u ever see that? And when u want to know more, Klaasend has my email.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: December 29, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »

Hannah Montana 6 Year Old & Mother Concert Essay Winner A Fake … “My daddy died this year in Iraq.”

This is just a truly unbelievably pathetic story and shows just how far we have sunk as a society in the efforts to idolize celebrities.

Using real hero's in order to see a stupid celebrity.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/12/29/hannah-montana-6-year-old-mother-concert-essay-winner-a-fake-my-daddy-died-this-year-in-iraq/

Is nothing sacred? Is this how we honor our fallen brave military? With a fake essay on how a little 6 year old girls daddy died in Iraq. So this is what our society has become and parents deem okay to teach their children to lie to get what ever they want at all cost. Brave men and women in our Armed Forces die every day in Iraq to provide security for the United States and quell terrorism over there so we do not have to experience it here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.