April 28, 2024, 07:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221335 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: January 01, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »

Ms. Klassend sounds so sweet, you can tell this is a lovely woman inside and out.

Don't believe it for a minute  Laughing

Yes, sweet, that's it. I KNOW Klaas is sweet, but somehow the voice surprised me. I loved it! Mrs. Red surprised me too, and made me giggle a little...............something in that, "Oh......I'm Mrs. Red." Cute!  Very Happy

Ditto.  It was a real treat!  Thanks!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #621 on: January 01, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

SOOO monkeys...

I am curious.... who sounded the most like you pictured?  Sled said that San's voice made him think of Bernadette Peters... anyone else have some thoughts about that?

Whose voice surprised you?

Just curious... no wrong or right answers! Smile

I think you all sounded great and what a nice suprise Smile

I have heard San before.. Smile I love her accent as well.. always have told her that too.
Mrs Red.. before you said who you were..  I thought maybe you were CBB.. I loved how before you hung up,... you said who you were.. too cute.
As far as Red and Dana.. used to them.. lol
Klaasend sounded sweet as can be.. <even tho she wears pointy shoes and will kick yah..  Laughing Laughing>
CBB.. for some reason something she said REALLY touched on me bigtime.. It was near the end of her call.. and the things I am dealing with.. her words hit me.. Actually gave me some hope.  TY CBB.. Smile
 Dugga has a nice voice and Richard ~!  Whomever said ******* sounds like a DJ. I agree. He has a great voice. Sexy even.. Cool
  Did ******* see he was proposed to by Nut4x4?  LOL LOL   

You all did a fantastic job. !!!  I enjoyed listening to you all !! 
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: January 01, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »

Happy New year's Monkeys....

I loved the pod cast!!! It was so cool to hear everyone.... and of course sound like a dork myself... I just figured you all knew my voice...  Laughing

LOL.....it was fun to listen to  Laughing Thanks to all of you, lol. *******...I love your voice, will you marry me...LMAO!!  Razz

Shocked Well you seem like a good person...Not a Man are ya?  Laughing Thanks for the kind words also Kermit and Angie  Shocked  Very Happy

I guess CBB and Mrs.Red's voice suprised me the most,I had no idea what either would sound like. CBB is a real southern Belle Smile and Mrs.Red has a younger sounding voice than I thought she may have and I expected more of a southern drawl  
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:59:27 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #623 on: January 01, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »

Happy New year's Monkeys....

I loved the pod cast!!! It was so cool to hear everyone.... and of course sound like a dork myself... I just figured you all knew my voice...  Laughing

LOL.....it was fun to listen to  Laughing Thanks to all of you, lol. *******...I love your voice, will you marry me...LMAO!!  Razz

Shocked Well you seem like a good person...Not a Man are ya?  Laughing Thanks for the kind words also Kermit and Angie Smile  Shocked  Very Happy

I guess CBB and Mrs.Red's voice suprised me the most,I had no idea what either would sound like. CBB is a real southern Belle Smile and Mrs.Red has a younger sounding voice than I thought she may have and I expected more of a southern drawl  

YW  Smile

Yep.. Mrs Red sounds very young !! Loved hearing all of you.. Nice suprise Smile 
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: January 01, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »

Angie, hearing voices and forming opinions of the speaker reminds me of when I was quite young and spoke with a certain person at that 5-sided building daily and just had gotten the biggest crush on him, based on his voice.  Unfortunately, when I met him, he had big buck teeth, almost bald and leathery ugly skin, a tiny little scrawny thing and not the least bit attractive.  Boy!  How one can be fooled from voices and then there is the other reminder of me calling my boys in college and leaving messages on the phone, just saying, "Call when you get time, you are missed, love ya."

Their roommates until they knew who I was would say, "What a sexy voice that girl has that calls you, why don't you call her back?  Give me her number and I will call her."  Of course, it was always a bit surprising to them that they were talking about their mother and then they knew the reason they were not anxious to call (of course when they wanted money, there frequently called Smile).

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #625 on: January 01, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »

Angie, hearing voices and forming opinions of the speaker reminds me of when I was quite young and spoke with a certain person at that 5-sided building daily and just had gotten the biggest crush on him, based on his voice.  Unfortunately, when I met him, he had big buck teeth, almost bald and leathery ugly skin, a tiny little scrawny thing and not the least bit attractive.  Boy!  How one can be fooled from voices and then there is the other reminder of me calling my boys in college and leaving messages on the phone, just saying, "Call when you get time, you are missed, love ya."

Their roommates until they knew who I was would say, "What a sexy voice that girl has that calls you, why don't you call her back?  Give me her number and I will call her."  Of course, it was always a bit surprising to them that they were talking about their mother and then they knew the reason they were not anxious to call (of course when they wanted money, there frequently called Smile).

ROFL Tyler ~!  Happy New Year to yah !!  My voice is horrid. I read your post about stuttering at times.. we'd make a great pair. lol I dont stutter.. my voice just cuts out when I speak.  Work can be tough at times.. lol  I end up holding up fingers or pointing to the damn register..  lol
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: January 01, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »

Laughing Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: January 01, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

True,Can't judge looks by someone's voice but you can guess what kind of a person they are by how they talk and what they say. I had this phone sales Job when I was a teen and my friend asked this secretary out for lunch based on her sexy voice. All week long he was soo excited and bragged how sexy she was. When I drove by at lunch he was just meeting her in the parking lot and she was 4 times his size and very hideous Laughing
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 05:13:25 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #628 on: January 01, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

True,Can't just looks by someone's voice but you can guess what kind of a person they are by how they talk and what they say. I had this sales Job when I was a teen and my friend asked this secretary out for lunch based on her sexy voice. All week long he was soo excited and bragged how sexy she was. When I drove by at lunch he was just meeting her in the parking lot and she was 4 times his size and very hidous Laughing

ROFLMAO !!  Poor guy!! I lost my voice kind of 3 years ago.. a few here at SM have heard me via phone. They say I make it out worse then it is., LOL  All the work I have done i the past.. sales rep for a store.. 911.. its just worn out. Smile  Not to mention yelling at kids and an ass hubby.  lol
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: January 01, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »

Monkeys I want to Thank you all from my heart for your concern and info .  You guys are the best. Also you impressed the heck out of my family and me always! I will call the Nat'l Cancer Inst. Now trying to convince other family members that north Jersey is best.
2NJ, Our loved one is at Community Hospital in Toms River, better for geriatics, than anything else.

Huge hugs and kisses to you all.
And a wonderful and Happy New Year.

(sorry for the delay. Having problems with internet)

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: January 01, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »

The personal well wishes for 2008 were a great idea! Thanks to all who make this site available to us and for keeping it running so smoothely.

Also, I sincerely appreciated everyones concern when I went thru the ordeal of the fire. Things are far from normal, but getting better gradually.

Klaas, as you can see, I figured out my photobucket account and made the switch to my regular avi. (Thanks again for taking care of my Christmas attire)

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: January 01, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »

Thank you to everyone involved for taking the time to make a recording of your New Year wishes.  Such a lovely personal touch.

You all have American accents  Shocked Shocked Shocked   Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wishing all the monkeys a very Happy New Year.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: January 01, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

I love hearing y'alls thoughts on how we sound and how you picture us...

that's fun to hear!! 

Remember when we all thought Klaas was a guy?  OH!  and to y'all that think I don't have a southern accent... Red and I pronouce Klaas's name ALL wrong...

She pronounced it the same way that Greta did, and I have always thought it was

Klaaa Send....  Long a with the end being pronounced send...  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed geek

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: January 01, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »

Yes, voices can be deceiving but sometimes in a nice way. About three years ago, I had an Ag client that I had to call and he had the most wonderful French accent. He sounded sexy, vibrant and I imagined him to be like Kevin Kline in French Kiss. I even started looking forward to my calls and his calls. O take me away to wherever this man is from, please..
One of our last calls, it was his birthday, I had called him in the middle of the party. wife, grown up grandchildren, etc. were all there ..
Oh well, it was a nice fantasy that my GF at work got to particpate in too. We had fun with that one, in a nice way. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #634 on: January 01, 2008, 11:11:41 PM »

SOOO monkeys...

I am curious.... who sounded the most like you pictured?  Sled said that San's voice made him think of Bernadette Peters... anyone else have some thoughts about that?

I loved hearing all of you!  I must say that I did think that your message was you even before you told us at the end, I don't know why exactly.  Klaas sounded as sweet and kind as I'd imagined and San did sound a bit like Bernadette Peters now that I've thought about it.  I'd heard Red before so I recognized his voice, and have listened to Dana many times; but it was nice to put a voice with ******* and Dugga.  I'm sure if you all heard me speak you could imagine that I'd lived many of my childhood years in Mississippi although East Texas has tamed my southern drawl some.....thank goodness.   Laughing

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: January 01, 2008, 11:19:33 PM »

SOOO monkeys...

I loved hearing all of you!  I must say that I did think that your message was you even before you told us at the end, I don't know why exactly.  Klaas sounded as sweet and kind as I'd imagined and San did sound a bit like Bernadette Peters now that I've thought about it.  I'd heard Red before so I recognized his voice, and have listened to Dana many times; but it was nice to put a voice with ******* and Dugga.  I'm sure if you all heard me speak you could imagine that I'd lived many of my childhood years in Mississippi although East Texas has tamed my southern drawl some.....thank goodness.   Laughing

I love to hear ppl from Mississippi talk....!!!  I love southern drawls...

I gotta tell y'all that anytime I have ever known someone and even if they don't see me for years when they hear my voice they know immediately it's me... and they always tell me they knew it was me from my voice... so I always feel funny about talking...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: January 02, 2008, 09:16:38 AM »

Good morning  sunny  A quick call out to those heading off to work or getting the kids to school this morning:  Stay warm 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #637 on: January 02, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »

SOOO monkeys...

I think you all sounded great and what a nice suprise Smile

I have heard San before.. Smile I love her accent as well.. always have told her that too.
Mrs Red.. before you said who you were..  I thought maybe you were CBB.. I loved how before you hung up,... you said who you were.. too cute.
As far as Red and Dana.. used to them.. lol
Klaasend sounded sweet as can be.. <even tho she wears pointy shoes and will kick yah..  Laughing Laughing>
CBB.. for some reason something she said REALLY touched on me bigtime.. It was near the end of her call.. and the things I am dealing with.. her words hit me.. Actually gave me some hope.  TY CBB.. Smile
 Dugga has a nice voice and Richard ~!  Whomever said ******* sounds like a DJ. I agree. He has a great voice. Sexy even.. Cool
  Did ******* see he was proposed to by Nut4x4?  LOL LOL   

You all did a fantastic job. !!!  I enjoyed listening to you all !! 

Angie, if something I said encouraged you, then I'll uncurl my toes over hearing myself! I'm glad sweetie! You hang in there, and know that you are a most important figure around here. We miss you when we don't see you!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »

Good Morning everyone!

I need some computer help, please! I have one of these that appears to be following me around the internet. And it also seems to be extremely interested on where I visit at SM and loves it when I bookmark anything that says Aruba. Can I download a program that will over-ride it or should I call a comp. expert.
                 ---------------------------------------------

INDEX.DAT Files
What is INDEX.DAT? INDEX.DAT is a hidden index of the Web sites you visit and the E-mail you send. It is not deleted when you use Windows to clean out temporary Internet files and so is generally available for investigative work even if you think you have cleaned out your browsing history.

-----------------------------------
I now need to fix this as I can't do any personal things online or even save my Word docs, as that's where I was when I believe this happened on the AM of December 5th.

Thanks in Advance.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #639 on: January 02, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »

Monkey question of the day...have any of you ever experienced some type of premonition? The kind where you have a feeling or an intuition or one where you just know something and can't explain it?  I will tell you why I asked this question later tonight. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.