April 27, 2024, 08:27:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221283 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #640 on: January 02, 2008, 10:10:38 AM »

Good Morning everyone!

I need some computer help, please! I have one of these that appears to be following me around the internet. And it also seems to be extremely interested on where I visit at SM and loves it when I bookmark anything that says Aruba. Can I download a program that will over-ride it or should I call a comp. expert.
                 ---------------------------------------------

INDEX.DAT Files
What is INDEX.DAT? INDEX.DAT is a hidden index of the Web sites you visit and the E-mail you send. It is not deleted when you use Windows to clean out temporary Internet files and so is generally available for investigative work even if you think you have cleaned out your browsing history.

-----------------------------------
I now need to fix this as I can't do any personal things online or even save my Word docs, as that's where I was when I believe this happened on the AM of December 5th.

Thanks in Advance.

Sorry, I can't help you, but I certain there are those here that can.  My computer skills are minimal at best. I hope you get this problem fixed soon. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #641 on: January 02, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »

Mum,

Dugga may be the one who might advise you better about index.dat files, but I just did some searching to look them up and it doesn't look like you can just delete them easily because they are imbedded in your hard drive.  There are tools you can upload to do it, but I do not know anything about them...and another way is to access them through MS DOS, which isn't advisable if you don't know the commands, etc.

Lala's

I've only had a few instances where I have had a premonition, but it's usually something minor like thinking of someone and then running into him/her or getting a call from him/her.   When I think the worst is going to happen, I'm usually way off base.   On the other hand, optimism, say winning the lottery, hasn't happened, either.  Laughing  (Klaas offered me this avatar months ago...I'm out of the WC for a bit  Wink )

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!  

I listened to the podcast and thought it was great...glad we all weren't asked to say something, though.  Yes, I sound like I'm from NJ.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: January 02, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »

Thanks 2NJs....That is what I've been reading too and it seems you have to know what you were into when it happened. Would buy a new cpu except for vista! Having a hard enough time with these tabs. Laughing Laughing
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: January 02, 2008, 11:28:57 AM »

Monkey question of the day...have any of you ever experienced some type of premonition? The kind where you have a feeling or an intuition or one where you just know something and can't explain it?  I will tell you why I asked this question later tonight. Thanks.

Unfortunately, yes, Lala's, and they are always disasters and come true.  I remember something my grandmother used to tell me when I was little and had dreams that would come true.  She had noticed a trend.  Friday's night dream, Saturday morning told has come to pass before it's a week old.

Every time I have had Friday night dreams that I tell on Saturday they come true, so I do NOT tell my Friday night dreams on Saturday morning anymore.  They have always been of impending tragedy or death to friends and loved ones.  I think I have only ever told that to 1 other person at SM, but it has been very troubling for me and I have noticed if I do not tell that dream, it will not come true.  My own self-defense mode is not to tell my dreams.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »

Monkey question of the day...have any of you ever experienced some type of premonition? The kind where you have a feeling or an intuition or one where you just know something and can't explain it?  I will tell you why I asked this question later tonight. Thanks.

Lalas,

YES! It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I simply know things, as if my brain absorbed them from the air. Sometimes I know I need to do something, although I don't know at the time why I need to do it. Sometimes it's only a feeling of dread - I know something terrible is about to happen, although I can't put my finger on what it is.

One afternoon at work I suddenly became extremely depressed and had to spend the whole afternoon trying not to break down in tears. I was completely flummoxed as to why I would feel that way, then got home and discovered that my favorite aunt had just been found dead in her home. Sad

Way back when I was in college, I had an appointment with my advisor that it was crucial for me to keep because he had to sign something for me right away. I was standing around campus talking to a friend, when I suddenly felt this overwhelming need to go to my advisor's office. I tore across campus and saw him coming down the steps. He had had an emergency come up and didn't know how to get hold of me to tell me he had to leave early.

Once I was stopped at an intersection, and I could NOT make myself press on the gas when the light turned green. A car came flying through the intersection and would have smooshed me if I had gone at the green light.

And then there was the plane trip from heck. I was returning home from Florida and had a terrible feeling of dread when it was time to board the plane. I went ahead and got on, but the trip was awful. The plane couldn't land in Atlanta because of tornadoes, so we flew to S. Carolina. S. Carolina was having tornadoes too, and the plane was about to run out of fuel. It had to land in Knoxville at an airport where the runway was too short, and when we thumped down onto the ground the overhead bins came open and all the stuff fell out on people's heads. I got off the plane, rented a car at the airport, and drove the rest of the way home. I swore to myself then that I would never again board a plane if I had that feeling of dread about it.

Does stuff like that happen to you too? 

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 02, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319473,00.html

Japanese Robot Eats Snow, Poops Out Bricks of Ice
Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What's cute, yellow, eats snow and poops out bricks of ice?

Meet Yuki-taro, a Japanese robot built to quickly clear roads after heavy snows.

The cute little guy, about 5 feet long and 2 and a half feet high, simply plows into snowbanks, taking in the white stuff, compressing it and neatly stacking it in two-foot-long bricks on his rear bed
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: January 02, 2008, 01:10:45 PM »

Laughing POOPS OUT BRICKS OF ICE/SNOW Laughing All along, he was telling us he was at the airport. Laughing

P.S.  I love my Roomba!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: January 02, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »

Laughing POOPS OUT BRICKS OF ICE/SNOW Laughing All along, he was telling us he was at the airport. Laughing

I always wondered if those Roomba's really worked!  So it works good?  Maybe I should get one  Wink
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #648 on: January 02, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »

I always wondered if those Roomba's really worked!  So it works good?  Maybe I should get one  Wink

I've thought about it since my vision isn't what it used to be...but then, wonder if the dog would attack it like she does her toys... Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: January 02, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »

How does it work with your Doggies and kitty hair?  2nj, my 3 dogs just ignore it, and get out of the way.  I have one toy "destroyer" dog too, but after the initial curiosity, it is just ignored. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: January 02, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

Yes - Lala's - it happens to me often, most of the time, it is just small things.  There have been other times that things have happened that I just "knew" and there was no way to explain it.  Been that way all my life.  You can bet I listen to my intuition.

Intriguing question, I can't wait to hear why you asked.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #651 on: January 02, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

Klaas, I was worried about the bar stools and dining chairs.  .  .  it just goes around and around them to get dust and dirt.  You can pick them up and move them if you want to, but at Christmas, we had just cleaned and all the grandchildren and the tracking in and out, we had little food particles, leaves, etc., and we just turned it loose and within about 3 hours, it was choking on "something" and talking to us.  DH picked it up and found that it had picked up so much cat and dog hair, children trash and food crumbs that it needed to have the brushes cleaned.  It takes about 2 minutes to do that and set it going again.  The first time you use it, it does take a couple clean-ups of the brushes because it is going places your vacuum has never done, like in the nooks and crannies alongside the baseboards, etc.  After the first or second time, then it does not get clogged up, providing you do it about once a week.  It is great.  You will still probably need a regular vacuum cleaner for monthly or quarterly, but then this one does such a good job done regularly that I am not sure i will even need that.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: January 02, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »

Klaas, I was worried about the bar stools and dining chairs.  .  .  it just goes around and around them to get dust and dirt.  You can pick them up and move them if you want to, but at Christmas, we had just cleaned and all the grandchildren and the tracking in and out, we had little food particles, leaves, etc., and we just turned it loose and within about 3 hours, it was choking on "something" and talking to us.  DH picked it up and found that it had picked up so much cat and dog hair, children trash and food crumbs that it needed to have the brushes cleaned.  It takes about 2 minutes to do that and set it going again.  The first time you use it, it does take a couple clean-ups of the brushes because it is going places your vacuum has never done, like in the nooks and crannies alongside the baseboards, etc.  After the first or second time, then it does not get clogged up, providing you do it about once a week.  It is great.  You will still probably need a regular vacuum cleaner for monthly or quarterly, but then this one does such a good job done regularly that I am not sure i will even need that.

It would be nice to have the Jack Russell Terrier hairs picked up inbetween vacuumings.  I may have to look into getting one!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: January 02, 2008, 05:21:40 PM »

I've thought about it since my vision isn't what it used to be...but then, wonder if the dog would attack it like she does her toys... Laughing

At first, dog is sort of scared of it and then wants to run after it but does not attack it, because it will turn and that sort of scares them.  They sort of think it is something that can think on its own!  Laughing  After a few days ,dog just ignores it and goes to the laundry room so she does not have to hear it.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »

How does it work with your Doggies and kitty hair?  2nj, my 3 dogs just ignore it, and get out of the way.  I have one toy "destroyer" dog too, but after the initial curiosity, it is just ignored. 

I run it everyday in the "cat's room" which is actually my walk-in closet where the persian sleeps, only takes about 5-10 minutes and it gets all the hair.  I remember having to get down on my hands and knees with a crevice device to get that hair, and now my closet is clean, clean, clean.  I do run it there at least every other day because right now he is shedding and it is really bad.  The hair on the collie and tuxedo cat are not that bad and it just engulfs it and goes on.  It had a field day under my bed the first time, worked there about an hour.  When we have guests, the cats get under my bed on my luggage like they are hidden away from guests.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: January 02, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

Klaas, I think it is the best $300 I have ever spent on a household device.  I really like it and if it gets collie and cat hair, well you know it will get JR hair.  Our gray persian is really, really, really hairy.  We have had persians before but never one this hairy.  I think that is why most people don't like the blue persians, because of that thick, long hair.  We get him groomed at least once a month professionally and I comb him every night when I "doctor" his eyes but he still sheds sooooo bad.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: January 02, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

I run it everyday in the "cat's room" which is actually my walk-in closet where the persian sleeps, only takes about 5-10 minutes and it gets all the hair.  I remember having to get down on my hands and knees with a crevice device to get that hair, and now my closet is clean, clean, clean.  I do run it there at least every other day because right now he is shedding and it is really bad.  The hair on the collie and tuxedo cat are not that bad and it just engulfs it and goes on.  It had a field day under my bed the first time, worked there about an hour.  When we have guests, the cats get under my bed on my luggage like they are hidden away from guests.

Tyler, my almost 3 year old Grandson was visiting for the holidays.  He didn't know what the Roomba was, but as is typical he pushed the button anyway.  You should have seen his face when it came out and started toward him!  He yelled, help me Mae Mae---what is that??  I told him it was Robbie the Robot coming out to clean.  it was really funny. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: January 02, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »

Tyler, my almost 3 year old Grandson was visiting for the holidays.  He didn't know what the Roomba was, but as is typical he pushed the button anyway.  You should have seen his face when it came out and started toward him!  He yelled, help me Mae Mae---what is that??  I told him it was Robbie the Robot coming out to clean.  it was really funny. 

I bet that was cute.  Our 2-1/2-year-old g'son was here during Christmas and we turned it on but he was too enamored with the trains going around the tree.  Smile

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: January 02, 2008, 07:45:51 PM »

Good Morning everyone!

I need some computer help, please! I have one of these that appears to be following me around the internet. And it also seems to be extremely interested on where I visit at SM and loves it when I bookmark anything that says Aruba. Can I download a program that will over-ride it or should I call a comp. expert.
                 ---------------------------------------------

INDEX.DAT Files
What is INDEX.DAT? INDEX.DAT is a hidden index of the Web sites you visit and the E-mail you send. It is not deleted when you use Windows to clean out temporary Internet files and so is generally available for investigative work even if you think you have cleaned out your browsing history.

-----------------------------------
I now need to fix this as I can't do any personal things online or even save my Word docs, as that's where I was when I believe this happened on the AM of December 5th.

Thanks in Advance.
MUM scratch
"I have one of these"  scratch
A preron or a tracker type bug/virus on your machine AND  how do you know ? 
  sorry  No help here

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #659 on: January 02, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »

Yes, Lala's. I have experienced premonitions many, many times. I'm not talking blinding visions with voices or anything, but little snippets, often vague, in my mind's eye where simple knowledge exists. Sometimes it's similar to a fleeting memory that probably would never be thought of again except that when it happens, I immediately recognize that I "knew" this, and recall where and when I was when it came to me.

Some have been life altering; real crossroads in my life. Others have been just like a milemarker along life's way with no particular significance known to me, but always leave me with a feeling that it's a "roadsign" I was destined to pass as I move on with my life.

Most often, they involve in some way, someone I love; even if it's just a "scene" that I know I will always remember and be able to retrieve for viewing in exact detail. Maybe the "premonition" of it was meant for me to mark it when it occurred, and it always causes me to do just that. I have lots of those that keep the essence of my family with me. I vividly recall the moving picture of my Grandmother with my newborn son; she was leaning over the bassinet drenched in sunlight from the afternoon sun. She was wearing her flowered purple dress, white sweater with the gold and blue clasp that matched her "ear bobs". I can smell her pale face powder and rouge and "see" her soft lips spread in that sweet smile as she gently placed her finger on my son's chubby cheeks. At the time, I was suddenly aware that I had seen this before, and it will be with me always. Even though this was not her first introduction to him, or a momentous event, it so captures her nature and what I love and miss about her. Personally, I think God gave me a nudge to catalogue the moment so I could keep it within reach whenever I needed her, and He did that by giving me a glimpse beforehand.

Others have meaning that, in retrospect, served as "notice" for me to pay attention. I will say that I haven't always done so, and that I have missed blessings or left good guidance because of it. I would advise that you pay attention, because I believe the source of such things, if we are open to it, is lovingly gifting us through foreknowledge of what's ahead in our path.

That's my experience anyway, for whatever it's worth.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:50:43 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.