April 28, 2024, 03:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221329 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #680 on: January 03, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »

Someone mentioned windmill cookies...my Italian grandmother served me my first when I was young...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #681 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »

Hey 2NJ~!

Did you see this? I was so excited about your new avi that I just had to decorate it for Valentine's Day!  Laughing

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »

Hey 2NJ~!

Did you see this? I was so excited about your new avi that I just had to decorate it for Valentine's Day!  Laughing

Yes, CBB, I saw it earlier on Natalee's thread and saved it!!  Thank you.   I had used the Picasso painting of 'woman ironing' a while back, which may not have appealed to some....Klaasend gave me this one months ago, which is really cute.  (a nicer variation on my original theme  Laughing )

I'll get dressed for Valentines a little later. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: January 03, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »

Someone mentioned windmill cookies...my Italian grandmother served me my first when I was young...

I would love to have some of these cookies right now.  I love your China cup but it makes me both sad and glad to see it. 

I have some, but not a whole set, enough to set a table for 4 and few more, from my grandmother.  I placed it in a kitchen cabinet with glass doors and when I see it, it reminds me of her.  Along with it, I put her white chamberpot, a crystal pitcher, her blue pottery or ironstone (not sure which), silver bon bon.  It reminds me of a sweet and genuine person without whose helping hand, I probably would not have made it it past infancy.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #684 on: January 03, 2008, 03:05:26 PM »

I would love to have some of these cookies right now.  I love your China cup but it makes me both sad and glad to see it. 

I have some, but not a whole set, enough to set a table for 4 and few more, from my grandmother.  I placed it in a kitchen cabinet with glass doors and when I see it, it reminds me of her.  Along with it, I put her white chamberpot, a crystal pitcher, her blue pottery or ironstone (not sure which), silver bon bon.  It reminds me of a sweet and genuine person without whose helping hand, I probably would not have made it it past infancy.

I found the picture on a cookie site and borrowed it...the cup is someone else's, but the memory of my first windmill cookie is mine, as your tea set, etc. remind you of your grandmother.  My maternal grandmother was stern and grumpy most of the time, was widowed young with six kids to raise and was bitter....always wore a dress with a brooch.  There was one, I particularly admired with stones set in starburst appearance with Aurora Borealis tones...I complimented her on it.  When she was getting on in years, she sent me a package.  In it was that brooch & another gold rose pin along with some things she thought I would like to have and she feared would be lost when she died.  She wasn't so grumpy after all and I have her wonderful brooch & those memories.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: January 03, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »

Sharon:

I see it's a clearing house in Miami!! Parcell's comes in and your GM and Head Coach are out  Shocked At least they kept Ricky and gave him a new contract   Surprised

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »

I found the picture on a cookie site and borrowed it...the cup is someone else's, but the memory of my first windmill cookie is mine, as your tea set, etc. remind you of your grandmother.  My maternal grandmother was stern and grumpy most of the time, was widowed young with six kids to raise and was bitter....always wore a dress with a brooch.  There was one, I particularly admired with stones set in starburst appearance with Aurora Borealis tones...I complimented her on it.  When she was getting on in years, she sent me a package.  In it was that brooch & another gold rose pin along with some things she thought I would like to have and she feared would be lost when she died.  She wasn't so grumpy after all and I have her wonderful brooch & those memories.

It might be she was just tired and rigid from having to be the head of household so many years, and I am sure many disappointments with being widowed, so young, she probably had to be a lot more stoic than many women of that same era, but her gift to you proved she was listening and caring.  Glad you have that as part of the last memories.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #687 on: January 03, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »

Whew!  I have had one heck of a day. To preface from my weird question yesterday about the premonition.  Sorry I didn't get back last night, but that is a different story all together...I think.

Yesterday morning at 5:20 AM I woke up from a sound sleep.  I was actually dreaming a very pleasant dream, but as Tylergal said...maybe I shouldn't tell it so I will continue. My daughter's new cat was scheduled to be neutered yesterday at the vet.  She had been gone most of the week and I was cat sitting for her.  I was to take Miley to the vet and she would swing by that afternoon and pick him up and they would head home and be happy for the night. But something woke me up at 5:20 in the morning and this voice...not a real one that you could hear, but something said to me, "You can't take that  cat to the vet.  If something happened to that cat daughter would never forgive you."  Now, I have had many cats and dogs and always used this vet.  That is why she insisted he go there.  After this rude awakening, I thought to my self, you are nuts!  Go back to bed and get some sleep before you have to take the cat.  Not to happen...I lay back down, still planning to take the cat, when suddenly I became sick to my stomach.  I had to get up and thought I really was sick.  As sick as I felt I had this unexplainable feeling wash over me that said again..."Do not get in the car with that cat. If you do and something happens to him daughter will never forgive you."  I felt awful, I thought this is crazy, but I was beginning to wonder.  This feeling was so intense that I could not shake it.  I was awake for over an hour...sick at my stomach and worrying about the cat. I even looked in on him and he was sleeping soundly. Well, needless to say I got the message...I decided around 7 AM to just reschedule and as soon as I made up my mind the nausea left me.  Yes, I know, now go ahead and laugh but I swear that was the most intense feeling I have ever had like that.  I called the vet and canceled the appointment.  I just felt that I could not take the chance.  That cat is my daughter's baby and she would be devastated if something had happened.  I even went back to sleep after that and felt no effects when I woke up a few hours later.  So there is my story and it's true...believe it or not...it is fact.

One thing left to tell...my daughter called about 9:30 and I told her I didn't take the cat and she said, "Oh thank goodness, I woke up this morning about 5 and was so sick I couldn't stand it.  All I could think about was something was going to happen to my cat.  I should be the one to take him.  I was calling as soon as I could because I felt so strongly about this."

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Weird!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

Sharon:

I see it's a clearing house in Miami!! Parcell's comes in and your GM and Head Coach are out  Shocked At least they kept Ricky and gave him a new contract   Surprised

Hi ******* Very Happy

It's a laff a minute around here lately. Head Coach and ALL other coaches except for 2 Shocked

DH predicted Cameron from the start. That Cam wasn't one of 'Bill's boys' and that would be his undoing.

But all of the rest? I hear they're talking to someone from the Vikings Wink And several from Dallas.

We think that Ricky was given a new contract so they can trade him. Although we both like him. We had season tickets 'back in the day' and we saw Ricky's first run. Run Ricky run. Spectacular sight.

Maybe Parcell can take on the Heat next Sad It is not a fun year to be a S Florida sports fan  Sad

I'm sure it's an exciting time to be a Mass sports fan  Cool

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #689 on: January 03, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »

Sharon:

Hi ******* Very Happy

It's a laff a minute around here lately. Head Coach and ALL other coaches except for 2 Shocked

DH predicted Cameron from the start. That Cam wasn't one of 'Bill's boys' and that would be his undoing.

But all of the rest? I hear they're talking to someone from the Vikings Wink And several from Dallas.

We think that Ricky was given a new contract so they can trade him. Although we both like him. We had season tickets 'back in the day' and we saw Ricky's first run. Run Ricky run. Spectacular sight.

Maybe Parcell can take on the Heat next Sad It is not a fun year to be a S Florida sports fan  Sad

I'm sure it's an exciting time to be a Mass sports fan  Cool

Hi!

We will pay you to take our head coach off our hands!!  Laughing I hate him Sad But I am sure you guys are just looking at our defensive coordicter,the only good coach on our team Sad It was a waisted season for the vikes...We had the worst HC and QB in the league Sad  Well maybee 2nd worst HC in the nfl  Very Happy Well I am already thinking about the draft in 4 months.. Wink Speaking of Dallas,You guys have to grab Garret!! I'M thinkin the Cowboys may even fire Phillips so they dont lose Garret..

Yes,The Mass Fans are spoiled lately..So much so Ill be rooting for everyone else next year  Cool
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 12:55:00 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: January 03, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »

Lala's that is wild... in a good way though...and it's for the best that you didn't take the cat to the vet.

On a strange cat note.... a year or so ago Red and I were visiting my family down south and it was really cold at home.  Our house is very old and occassionally the furnance will need to be rebooted (the pilot will go out Rolling Eyes)  and it was COLD up there that weekend... and we had a sitter at the house... but I had forgotten to tell her how to reset the furnance...
anyway I kept dreaming just a regular dream and all of the sudden Dobee's little face kept appearing .... I swear he was trying to communicate... because I couldn't leave for where REd and I were heading until I talked to the sitter... sure enough I got her and she told me that the house was so cold because the heat had gone off... long story short, Dobee knew he could make his mommy call home to check in if he tried hard enough!

I know it sounds silly or whatever but it's the truth... I promise!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: January 03, 2008, 10:52:13 PM »

After what I just went through I now know how people feel that tell these stories...they don't care if you believe them or not...they know it's the truth and that is all that matters.  DH just rolled his eyes and looked at me.  He's used to me saying crazy things, since I have those headaches many times right before things like earthquakes and hurricanes, but this is the first time I could almost hear a voice speaking to me. I have awaken in the night and thought about this or that, but I have never had that happen to me.   
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: January 03, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »

After what I just went through I now know how people feel that tell these stories...they don't care if you believe them or not...they know it's the truth and that is all that matters.  DH just rolled his eyes and looked at me.  He's used to me saying crazy things, since I have those headaches many times right before things like earthquakes and hurricanes, but this is the first time I could almost hear a voice speaking to me. I have awaken in the night and thought about this or that, but I have never had that happen to me.   
yes, it's true and RED just rolls his eyes  at me when I mention that story  - but I can tell you that every time I don't listen to that voice, I regret it.... I truly believe that "intutive voice" IS God talking and I don't mean in a "the voices" kind of way --- maybe it's like CBB says it's a nudge from him.... anyway...there was a very good reason why the kitty couldn't go that day... whatever it was...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #693 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

I believe you, Lala's, and totally understand your "knowing" whether anyone else believes it or not! Good for you for paying attention!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #694 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

WOW, just flipped on the news. Who would have figured that Clinton would come in third!  Shocked
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: January 03, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »

WOW, just flipped on the news. Who would have figured that Clinton would come in third!  Shocked

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: January 03, 2008, 11:26:58 PM »

let me predict that hilliary will not carry NH either.... nor will huckabee... it will be obama and mcCain... and I am personally thankful that neither state ever picks a winner.... Laughing

CJ1
« Reply #697 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:36 AM »

Whew!  I have had one heck of a day. To preface from my weird question yesterday about the premonition.  Sorry I didn't get back last night, but that is a different story all together...I think.

Yesterday morning at 5:20 AM I woke up from a sound sleep.  I was actually dreaming a very pleasant dream, but as Tylergal said...maybe I shouldn't tell it so I will continue. My daughter's new cat was scheduled to be neutered yesterday at the vet.  She had been gone most of the week and I was cat sitting for her.  I was to take Miley to the vet and she would swing by that afternoon and pick him up and they would head home and be happy for the night. But something woke me up at 5:20 in the morning and this voice...not a real one that you could hear, but something said to me, "You can't take that  cat to the vet.  If something happened to that cat daughter would never forgive you."  Now, I have had many cats and dogs and always used this vet.  That is why she insisted he go there.  After this rude awakening, I thought to my self, you are nuts!  Go back to bed and get some sleep before you have to take the cat.  Not to happen...I lay back down, still planning to take the cat, when suddenly I became sick to my stomach.  I had to get up and thought I really was sick.  As sick as I felt I had this unexplainable feeling wash over me that said again..."Do not get in the car with that cat. If you do and something happens to him daughter will never forgive you."  I felt awful, I thought this is crazy, but I was beginning to wonder.  This feeling was so intense that I could not shake it.  I was awake for over an hour...sick at my stomach and worrying about the cat. I even looked in on him and he was sleeping soundly. Well, needless to say I got the message...I decided around 7 AM to just reschedule and as soon as I made up my mind the nausea left me.  Yes, I know, now go ahead and laugh but I swear that was the most intense feeling I have ever had like that.  I called the vet and canceled the appointment.  I just felt that I could not take the chance.  That cat is my daughter's baby and she would be devastated if something had happened.  I even went back to sleep after that and felt no effects when I woke up a few hours later.  So there is my story and it's true...believe it or not...it is fact.

One thing left to tell...my daughter called about 9:30 and I told her I didn't take the cat and she said, "Oh thank goodness, I woke up this morning about 5 and was so sick I couldn't stand it.  All I could think about was something was going to happen to my cat.  I should be the one to take him.  I was calling as soon as I could because I felt so strongly about this."

That was your spirit guide talking to you Lala'sMom.  Glad you listened.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: January 04, 2008, 01:10:42 AM »

Lala's, a premonition I had once was about a friend whose mother was somewhat mentally ill but we did not think she was that bad. Her husband had been killed in a helicopter crash (a pilot)  and she had the 5 children to raise alone. One was my friend, a tennager but the others were younger because they had been physically separated since he was military, but the other 4 were like doorsteps.   

I was sitting in the car with my friend in the backseat.  My mother stopped suddenly for a car that pulled out in front of her.  At that moment, I saw the other children's faces (4) in the windshield like shrunken heads and their mother (my friend was the oldest, we were about 15-16).  It was rainy and foggy and I thought it was just the illusion of rain and water, fog, etc and I did not mention it. 

Then a minute or so later, I turned to my right and there were their heads again in that window, little faces crying like little shrunken heads (all 4 of the ones at home) and their mother's face blank and staring with eyes straight ahead.  I tried to ignore it and I turned back and started talking to my friend. 

Then my mother stopped the car at an intersection and said, "Look there's "so and so," (I cant remember but some friend of ours).  I could not see so and so but I saw the heads of my friend's siblings in the window with her mother looking lifeless and they would not go away. I turned my face from the window and closed my eyes and could still see them and could hear small children crying.

I was shaken by that all afternoon but chose not to tell it for fear of being thought weird.  Around nightfall, police officers came to our house to get my friend who was spending the weekend with me.  They told my mother that she had killed all the children by drowning them and had hung herself.  They had found her in the bathroom hanging by the tub where she drowned the children.  They thought she hung them about 11:00 and it was 10:30 when we had left home and probably between 11:00 and 11:30 when I saw those faces in the windows. 

I have had some other situations like that but this was the worst because children were involved. 

I have also had situations like yours when I asked my children not to do something because I had a bad feeling.  One was about 2 years ago when my #3 son was going to see his childhood friend in Florida (friend is an attorney there).  I did not know he was going to see him, had no reason to know.  After all, he is a grown married man.  I had a dream that he went to see him and they were in an alley going to their car after going out that night and were shot in that alley, the 2 of them.

I just felt so bad all day that I wanted to call and talk to him.  About 2 minutes into our conversation he said, "I am going to Florida tonight to see XXXX."  My heart sank, as I had no idea.  So then I told him I needed to tell him something.

He did not want me to worry about it, and thought it was just coincidence that I had dreamed that he was going to Florida.

A few minutes later, his wife called me and asked me to please beg him not to go because she had had a bad dream about him going that something would happen to him if he went (but her fear since she had no other inkling was a wreck).  While we were on the phone, a mutual friend of hers and my son dropped by to visit them and she hung up.

Then she called me later to tell me that this friend (a male friend) had come by to see my son to warn him not to go on any trips in the near future because he had dreamed the night before that my son would go on a trip and be killed by someone who was robbing him and some friends, who he did not know but he had dreamed it.

Needless to say, he canceled the trip.  I just think that was too coincidental that three people in three different places of different relationships to him dreamed similar or same dreams. 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: January 04, 2008, 06:43:24 AM »

Thanks....Mrs Red....will do!

Oldfart....saw your post and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.