April 27, 2024, 11:56:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221318 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #760 on: January 08, 2008, 07:59:58 AM »

Um ? ( thinking )  oops   Sorry then  Shell  Ol Jerry is not always PC but you do always know right where he is coming from and it is never mean spirited . Just my opinion, Please feel free to skip the comment . <g>  My Bad         Wink 

Um, Jer, I hate to sound rude...but that was way too much information.

LMAO @ Jerry!  Talk about TMI!!!   

I DID go to a barber when my hair started to fall out a couple years ago from Taxol chemo.  He did a great job shaving my head.  Frankly, now that it has grown out some, it's a pain in the butt and I may just shave it again for grins when the weather warms up.

I'm always happy to see ya smile.....

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #761 on: January 08, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »

CBB, I remember waiting tables and it seemed everywhere I worked, they had a BUNN coffee machine.  You're right.  It's a great coffee maker whether commercial or personal. 

I see I am musing alone here again.......

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #762 on: January 08, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »

Good morning.  It's Tuesday.  I spent extra time getting all dolled up for work today because I was supposed to have lunch with one of my bosses.  Excellent.  So I'm motoring to work in daughter's car because DH is driving mine because our mechanic came and got his car last nite.  I'm about three miles from home when I hear what sounds like a bunch of tin cans.  I'm thinking to myself "I am not a new bride".  So I pulled over into a church parking lot, stopped the car and got out.  Mind you this is a Honda Del Sol.  It's LOW to the ground.  I'm wearing a sweater set, a skirt and boots.  I need this kinda drama at 0630 like a freaking hole in the head.  I knew before I got back there it was the muffler I heard earlier.  Nice.  It is now DANGLING from the bumper.  I can't go forward because I will tear the bumper clean off. I can't back up because how far can I go in reverse?  Nothing to gain there.  So here I am on a foggy morning, all dolled up and can't go anywhere. 

So I phone home like ET hoping for the best.  Mind you, my daughter is UP.  I saw her before I left.  Does anyone pick up the house phone?  Oh no.  That would mean finding any one of three handsets and hoping the one you found was charged up.  So I left a message something about hello, I'm stranded, pick up the phone.  On the second try, daughter must have been walking by the machine and picked up.  So she got her father out of bed.  He stays up much later than I do so he's not pleased.  It's still dark out.  DH gets dressed and outta the house into the car to rescue me.  Brings daughter along.  Why, you ask?  Because she is nosy.  Rolling Eyes She needed to stay home and catch the bus, instead she's off on the adventure to rescue ME because I'm driving her car.  Meanwhile, I'm outta coffee and so I called my mechanic.  Woke him up.  He was paying less attention than my husband so I told him I'd talk to him when the sun was up.  His wife who had been sleeping prior to my phone call called me back to find out what was going on.  She knew I would never call her house phone at the crack of dawn unless I had an emergency.  So she gets dressed, into the car, grabbed a flashlight and tools and came to where I was stranded.  By now, my DH is under the car....with no tools.  He brought a couple bungee cords.   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  If the duct tape had been sitting in plain sight, he'd have brought that I'm sure.  So the flashlight is a big hit with DH who is laying on the pavement in the dark.  And the clock ticks toward the school bus.  Her school is 10 miles in a direction none of us is going.  Assuming we get something done with this muffler situation pronto.  So I had my friend take my daughter back to the subdivision to catch the bus. 

Finally, the muffler is off the car and in the trunk.  Driving twenty miles to work in a tiny car that sounds like a garbage truck is out.  The idea of driving that car smells like a ticket for no muffler to me.  No thanks.  So I hightail it home.  Daughter caught the bus so that's a blessing.  DH completed the assigned task of removing the muffler without injury so another blessing there.  I called my boss and told him the simple version of the above and he said "do you need me to come get you?"  Tell me I don't work for the best men alive.  I got a raincheck on lunch and came home.  So I am playing hooky today.

TADA!

Expect a miracle.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #763 on: January 08, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »

Nope  not all alone Peaches  I am here taking notes on the Bunn coffee maker  and now that you say about it I do remember seeing them in restaurant's  and am going to go do a Google on them in a few min .
  And yes sweet woman I do and have always believed that when "someones world all seems dark  all one must do is to remember to turn on the light"   a statement from Albus Dumbeldore  from A Harry Potter
  movie,  I love those  they are done so very well and there are a lot of good lessions  in them if you just listen and look real hard .
  Good clean fun which is sometimes lacking in kids movies today .
  When the last one came out I was sitting at the truck stop and a smaller girl about 10 and her girlfriend were waiting for their mother to get off work  in about 4 hours  ( Now How boring is that for a kid ? )  So I asked their Mom a waitress, if I may take the girls with me to the movie  and she knowing me  said that would be great  since she is a divorced mom and probably couldn't afford it any way .
  Long story short the Girls were thrilled and it was fun for me also to See them enjoy the movie  and for them to explain some of the parts to me that I didn't get Shocked  ROFL  Darn kids are so smart today  :+) but that's OK it makes me proud to be able to bring a small bit of light to the world .

CBB, I remember waiting tables and it seemed everywhere I worked, they had a BUNN coffee machine.  You're right.  It's a great coffee maker whether commercial or personal. 

I see I am musing alone here again.......

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #764 on: January 08, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »

You Know what Peaches ??  if I didn't  know you  I'd swear that you were making these stories up   and the way that you tell them is so good  <g>  sorta like Irma Bombeck  do any of you remember her ??  She could take the most simple situations  like the Muffler dragging and make it into a whole book chapter that would make us all laugh as the situations always came out OK in the end .
   Lovin ya Peaches    your pal from Ohio Jerry .

Good morning.  It's Tuesday.  I spent extra time getting all dolled up for work today because I was supposed to have lunch with one of my bosses.  Excellent.  So I'm motoring to work in daughter's car because DH is driving mine because our mechanic came and got his car last nite.  I'm about three miles from home when I hear what sounds like a bunch of tin cans.  I'm thinking to myself "I am not a new bride".  So I pulled over into a church parking lot, stopped the car and got out.  Mind you this is a Honda Del Sol.  It's LOW to the ground.  I'm wearing a sweater set, a skirt and boots.  I need this kinda drama at 0630 like a freaking hole in the head.  I knew before I got back there it was the muffler I heard earlier.  Nice.  It is now DANGLING from the bumper.  I can't go forward because I will tear the bumper clean off. I can't back up because how far can I go in reverse?  Nothing to gain there.  So here I am on a foggy morning, all dolled up and can't go anywhere. 

So I phone home like ET hoping for the best.  Mind you, my daughter is UP.  I saw her before I left.  Does anyone pick up the house phone?  Oh no.  That would mean finding any one of three handsets and hoping the one you found was charged up.  So I left a message something about hello, I'm stranded, pick up the phone.  On the second try, daughter must have been walking by the machine and picked up.  So she got her father out of bed.  He stays up much later than I do so he's not pleased.  It's still dark out.  DH gets dressed and outta the house into the car to rescue me.  Brings daughter along.  Why, you ask?  Because she is nosy.  Rolling Eyes She needed to stay home and catch the bus, instead she's off on the adventure to rescue ME because I'm driving her car.  Meanwhile, I'm outta coffee and so I called my mechanic.  Woke him up.  He was paying less attention than my husband so I told him I'd talk to him when the sun was up.  His wife who had been sleeping prior to my phone call called me back to find out what was going on.  She knew I would never call her house phone at the crack of dawn unless I had an emergency.  So she gets dressed, into the car, grabbed a flashlight and tools and came to where I was stranded.  By now, my DH is under the car....with no tools.  He brought a couple bungee cords.   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  If the duct tape had been sitting in plain sight, he'd have brought that I'm sure.  So the flashlight is a big hit with DH who is laying on the pavement in the dark.  And the clock ticks toward the school bus.  Her school is 10 miles in a direction none of us is going.  Assuming we get something done with this muffler situation pronto.  So I had my friend take my daughter back to the subdivision to catch the bus. 

Finally, the muffler is off the car and in the trunk.  Driving twenty miles to work in a tiny car that sounds like a garbage truck is out.  The idea of driving that car smells like a ticket for no muffler to me.  No thanks.  So I hightail it home.  Daughter caught the bus so that's a blessing.  DH completed the assigned task of removing the muffler without injury so another blessing there.  I called my boss and told him the simple version of the above and he said "do you need me to come get you?"  Tell me I don't work for the best men alive.  I got a raincheck on lunch and came home.  So I am playing hooky today.

TADA!

Old Jer from Ohio

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #765 on: January 08, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »

That was a nice thing you did, Jerry.  Do you think that was a coincidence? 

Not me.

Gotta let your little lite shine. 

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #766 on: January 08, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

Jerry, thank you.  Most people think I write like I talk.  Perhaps.

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/watercooler/article_weird.aspx?storyid=109159

Calf Born With Virginia Tech Logo

"Moove" over Hokie Bird, a Virginia calf has the mark of a true Virginia Tech fan born on her.

Wythe County farmer James Hayden has been taking care of Babe for 16 months.

Hayden says Babe was born with a unique, white "VT" shaped logo on her head, but he did not notice it until two months ago.

"Wow! It was neat," Hayden says.

The way his family and friends noticed the "VT" on Babe, was a complete coincidence.

The wife of one of the calf's owners was watching a Virginia Tech football game one day, when she glanced over at the calf, and saw the VT logo.

She couldn't believe her eyes, according to Hayden.

It's a feeling that other people who look at the calf for the first time, can relate to.

"They think it was painted on. It's hard to believe it was there, actually grew there," Hayden says.

Hayden and friend John Huffard are starting to capitalize on Babe's Hokie birthmark.

The calf made her first appearance Thursday, at a local restaurant.

At the time of Babe's appearance, the restaurant was preparing to serve people for the Orange Bowl.

Hayden and Huffard have a feeling that won't be Babe's last public appearance. "If people want me to bring her, get in contact and I'll show her," Huffard said.

And to top everything off, Babe's owners are a family full of Virginia Tech Alumni. "I'm glad she didn't have a big "U" or an "M" maybe. So "VT" works here," Hayden beams.

Babe is a dairy cow, so no future Hokie burgers from the calf.

She's expected to start producing milk in about seven months

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: January 08, 2008, 04:10:30 PM »

You all need to understand, I read the post of jerrys wrong. Not gonna say what I initally thought. I reread it and regretted. Haven't you ever read a post too fast and responded too quickly? Where is that embarrassed emoticon 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #769 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »

You all need to understand, I read the post of jerrys wrong. Not gonna say what I initally thought. I reread it and regretted. Haven't you ever read a post too fast and responded too quickly? Where is that embarrassed emoticon 

LOL Shell  Smile  Hope all is going well for you !!

PEACHES.. God luv yah girl.. what an eventful morning !  Shocked

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: January 08, 2008, 04:33:16 PM »

All is going pretty good for me, thanks, hope all is well with you too. A lot of people who were victims of the fires found themselves under insured. I urge you all to take the time to see if your insurance policy is up to date and is in line with the current cost of rebuilding your home. We had done that a few months prior and that was a blessing.

Peaches, you had me cracking up! So cute the way you tell your stories.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #771 on: January 08, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »

Hello Shell ,  Please do not feel bad about your comment Shell because I don't OK ?  you have been around long enough that I am pretty sure that I know somewhat how your heart works and it is not in a bad nor a judgemental place .
 So let us all allow it to go to the dead end post box  and nothing will be said about it again OK ?  and please do not be upset by this one small thing Shell heck I have and probably again read another's post and send off what in my mind is a Zippy response  just to reread it again and wish for a delete button also .
 Hugs  to you Mam <g> 
  also I am so glad that you had your ins  brought up to date   someone was looking out for you and yours   got me  ? bye for now sweet woman of the West .
     Jerry from Ohio and his lady Jessica  <g> 

Old Jer from Ohio

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: January 08, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »

TADA!

too cute Peaches...days like that were meant to be spent playing hookie!! Cause you know as soon as you say this day can't get any worse..it does!! Hope you enjoyed your day off and are feeling good!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: January 08, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

All is going pretty good for me, thanks, hope all is well with you too. A lot of people who were victims of the fires found themselves under insured. I urge you all to take the time to see if your insurance policy is up to date and is in line with the current cost of rebuilding your home. We had done that a few months prior and that was a blessing.

Peaches, you had me cracking up! So cute the way you tell your stories.

too funny!!! I read it the wrong way at first too Shell!!! I will just leave it at that...lol.... I was just lucky enough not to comment until I RE-read it!!! roflmao!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: January 08, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »

You Know what Peaches ??  if I didn't  know you  I'd swear that you were making these stories up   and the way that you tell them is so good  <g>  sorta like Irma Bombeck  do any of you remember her ??  She could take the most simple situations  like the Muffler dragging and make it into a whole book chapter that would make us all laugh as the situations always came out OK in the end .
   Lovin ya Peaches    your pal from Ohio Jerry .

Very true!!! I loved Irma!! Miss her so!! She was hilarious!!

TADA!

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #775 on: January 08, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »

Can anyone direct me on how to set up a group name for a candle lighting?  Sad
I asked on Clintion thread. TIA
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #776 on: January 08, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

Jerry ~! FWIW  I got a chuckle out of the post Smile   lol
Lordy knows I needed a laugh.. 
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #777 on: January 08, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »

Can anyone direct me on how to set up a group name for a candle lighting?  Sad
I asked on Clintion thread. TIA

Wanted to thank Marlee for helping me out.   TY MARLEE   
Glad to see you don't think I have cooties   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: January 08, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »

ldstlou- (  Laughing )

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #779 on: January 08, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »

Peaches. Peaches. Peaches....that is why you are my hero.  That was the funniest thing I have read lately. You made me laugh so hard that my dog thinks I am crazy.  That story must go in the monkey anecdote album...it is way too cute.  Love ya!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.