April 28, 2024, 12:27:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221344 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #840 on: January 12, 2008, 08:17:46 AM »

Morning Peaches...how are you feeling?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: January 12, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »

Klaas, thanks for fixing my Chuckie Rat guy...scaaaaarey!!! lol
Chuckie rat and MIP6 can now enjoy each other's company down  below!! 2 peas in a pod!!!

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: January 12, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »

Carolyn has posted in Clinton's thread that volunteers are needed to help in the search. It is on Jan. 18th.,19th., and 20th. in Princeton LA. This is about 20 miles east of Shreveport. There is a form and details in Clinton's thread at the link below if any Monkeys are in the area and can help.

You can also light a candle at this link. Thanks!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.460

Bringing this forward for The TES search next weekend.

The link above is to Clinton's thread which is where the form can be downloaded.

This link is to Clinton's candle site.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

Thanks everyone...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #843 on: January 12, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »

It's me again! Lots of new Valentine Avis in the lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2495.0

I'll post a few more hoping they will be found by anyone who wants one!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: January 13, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

Where to Live After Retirement
   You can live in Phoenix, Arizona where..

1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away because you found shade.
   2. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the
  hot water in the toilet bowl.
   3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town.
   4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food.
   5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what hits you in the face
  when you open your oven door.
   6. The 4 seasons are: Tolerable, Hot, Really Hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

You can Live in California where...

1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
   2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
   3. You know how to eat an artichoke.
   4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
   5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how
   long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
   6. The 4 seasons are: Fire, Flood, M ud, and Drought

You can Live in New York City where...

1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan.
   2. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from
   Columbus Circle to Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map.
   3. You think Central Park is "nature,"
   4. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language
   makes you multi-lingual.
   5. You've worn out a car horn.
   6. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

You can Live in Maine where...

1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.
   2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas.
   3. You have more than one recipe for moose.
   4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.
   5. The four seasons are: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and
   Construction.

You can Live in the Deep South where...

1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
   2. "y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
   3. "He needed killin'" is a valid defense.
   4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Mary Sue, Betty Jean,
  MARY BETH, etc.

You can live in Colorado where...

1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.
   2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home
   and he stops at the day care center.
   3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.
   4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You can live in the Midwest where...

1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
   2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
   3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day.
   4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at?"
   5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "It was
   different!"

AND You can live in Florida where..

1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon.
 2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.
 3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist.
 4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.
 5. Cars in f ront of you are often driven by headless people.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #845 on: January 13, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »

Good morning!  I'm good!  I'm up early, drinking coffee, running the dishwasher, folding clothes, watching Joel Osteen.  Been up for an hour and a half and I'm already having a big day.  I'm trying to do what I can around the house before I have surgery again.  (See my thread for the gory details...or not). 

I love being up early in my house.  Everyone is sleeping.  Four dogs crated in the kitchen and snoring away.  Five kitties snoozing in various locations.  Even the bird is giving me a break here!  I don't have to share the computer at this hour.  It's my best time of day.  I can get stuff done without dodging my DH who always seems to be underfoot when I'm trying to zip around the house.  But I digress.

How are you?  How's business?  Real estate is tough.  But it's like anything else, if you hang in there and make good connections, you'll be able to coast until better times.  Your best years are ahead! 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: January 13, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »

Good morning!  I'm good!  I'm up early, drinking coffee, running the dishwasher, folding clothes, watching Joel Osteen.  Been up for an hour and a half and I'm already having a big day.  I'm trying to do what I can around the house before I have surgery again.  (See my thread for the gory details...or not). 

I love being up early in my house.  Everyone is sleeping.  Four dogs crated in the kitchen and snoring away.  Five kitties snoozing in various locations.  Even the bird is giving me a break here!  I don't have to share the computer at this hour.  It's my best time of day.  I can get stuff done without dodging my DH who always seems to be underfoot when I'm trying to zip around the house.  But I digress.

How are you?  How's business?  Real estate is tough.  But it's like anything else, if you hang in there and make good connections, you'll be able to coast until better times.  Your best years are ahead! 

ok..you made me cry!!! What a wonderful attitude you have!! You inspire me!!
Was a tough year in real estate, my first "bad" year, but real estate is my calling and I love it so much, just going to go full out this year and things will be back to where they should be.
I have to read your thread and see what your next hurdle is, my prayers are always coming your way. I hope you take this the right way, as my way of honoring your struggle and your wonderful Spirit, courage and strength, I am so focused right now on the Blessings in my life and not taking them for granted for one more second. Last year was so tough for me, and I thought about changing careers, and then I thought about how much I love what I do and how it gives me so much freedom to raise Nicholas and do the things that so many other Moms can't but want to, like recess duty and field trips and such. I am just so blessed that I get to spend so much time with him and he is able to come along with me to work, we work as a team...and he is a great member..just ask SunnyinSt Lou!! (you're not in Texas any more Dorothy)..lol
So anyhoo...stopped my pissing and moaning and worrying and started focusing on living and enjoying my life!!! Who am I to take one moment for granted right? I know I don't post to you directly, I get really emotional about the battle you are facing...and so bravely and eloquently...but you are always in my thoughts and prayers and your Spirit just inspires me to the core. I guess what I am trying to say is, the best way I know to honor you and your battle and your strength and courage, is to learn from you, and my how you are teaching me to enjoy life and embrace it's ups and downs. Thank you so much!!
OK..gotta go get a tissue!!!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #847 on: January 13, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »

I left the prayer thread crying and come over her and now I am crying again.  I too think Peaches is the most courageous person I know.  It takes so much to fight something you can't see face to face.  I don't know what my favorite time of the day is...probably late at night when everyone is about to go to bed and things are calming down.  Sometimes, even when it's cold, I go outside and take a peek at the stars or the moon. I need to learn to be in a state of calm more in my life.  I have let too many things complicate it and even though that little voice was telling me to let it go and get on with something else...I refused to listen.  Life is too short...it seems as if the world is there for the taking when you are young in your 20's and then life happens and years go by and suddenly you are too old to do those things you once did.  Your body begins to tell you it's time to slow down and enjoy life, but the world is too much for us and we don't listen. 

Peaches has learned that lesson..she enjoys everyday..she knows that we are all given a certain number of days and to waste them is a shame.  If I could make any change in my life it would be to stop wasting my life on the trivial stuff.  I am not that strong...I still waste my time.  I saw this television show last night where this woman was having so much trouble getting through her day she had to hire a life coach to help her calm down.  To me that was such a waste of time...she just needed to learn to live with herself, but then here I am thinking I can't do it either. So I guess I am as bad as she was.

I wonder does life happen and we let it go by so fast that we miss it? Or do we exist not realizing that life is there waiting for us to enjoy? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: January 13, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080113/D8U54GVG0.html

Suspect in Slain Marine Case Seen in La.

Jan 13, 12:18 PM (ET)

By MIKE BAKER

(AP) This photo provided by the U.S. Marine Corps, shows Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean. Marine Cpl. Cesar...

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) - The key suspect in the brutal slaying of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine was spotted in Louisiana and could be headed into Texas, authorities said Sunday.

Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean was seen getting on or off a Greyhound bus in Shreveport, La., Saturday night, said Shreveport police Chief Henry Whitehorn Sr.

"We're working with the U.S. Marshal's Service and other law enforcement agencies trying to locate him," Whitehorn told The Associated Press. "We don't know if he is still in the area. We believe it may have just been a pass through. We received information he may be headed into Texas."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

(snipped)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: January 13, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »

Texas ? Shocked Shocked  I hope the law catches up with this guy soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »

I left the prayer thread crying and come over her and now I am crying again.  I too think Peaches is the most courageous person I know.  It takes so much to fight something you can't see face to face.  I don't know what my favorite time of the day is...probably late at night when everyone is about to go to bed and things are calming down.  Sometimes, even when it's cold, I go outside and take a peek at the stars or the moon. I need to learn to be in a state of calm more in my life.  I have let too many things complicate it and even though that little voice was telling me to let it go and get on with something else...I refused to listen.  Life is too short...it seems as if the world is there for the taking when you are young in your 20's and then life happens and years go by and suddenly you are too old to do those things you once did.  Your body begins to tell you it's time to slow down and enjoy life, but the world is too much for us and we don't listen. 

Peaches has learned that lesson..she enjoys everyday..she knows that we are all given a certain number of days and to waste them is a shame.  If I could make any change in my life it would be to stop wasting my life on the trivial stuff.  I am not that strong...I still waste my time.  I saw this television show last night where this woman was having so much trouble getting through her day she had to hire a life coach to help her calm down.  To me that was such a waste of time...she just needed to learn to live with herself, but then here I am thinking I can't do it either. So I guess I am as bad as she was.

I wonder does life happen and we let it go by so fast that we miss it? Or do we exist not realizing that life is there waiting for us to enjoy? 

ok...you have me all teared up again now too!! Do we need a teared up thread? lol

I just remember over the Holidays, I was at our local super market. There is just the NICEST cashier in the world...I mean you will wait in line a little longer just to have her smiling face check you out...that kind of person. I didn't see her this day so I just get in a line and there is this new young boy who is the cashier. When I got up to the cashier, there was my favorite cashier bagging groceries. She had stepped away from her register for a moment to collect herself because a customer had been so mean, it made her cry. She kept apologizing for the tears and I said don't be silly!! We all have those days, I just can't believe someone would be so mean to make you cry. Then the young man who was ringing me up said, " I don't let anyone take away my joy". Both myself and my favorite cashier looked at each other and dropped our jaws. The point was made to both of us. It is my new mantra and I say that to myself daily now...it was just so profound to me!!! No matter what the circumstance, you don't have to let it take away your joy. Just one of those moments that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Luv ya Monkeys!!!
Thank you for the inspiration Peaches!!! Keep your Joy!!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: January 14, 2008, 03:09:36 AM »

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, 'What is Politics?'

Dad says, 'Well son, let me try to explain it this way:

I am the head of the family, so call me The President.

Your mother is the administrator of the money, so we call her the Government.

We are here to take care of your needs, so we will call you the People.

The nanny, we will consider her the Working Class..

And your baby brother, we will call him the Future.

Now think about that and see if it makes sense.'

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him.

He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper.

So the little boy goes to his parent's room and finds his mother asleep.
Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny.
He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy say's to his father, 'Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now.'

The father says, 'Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about.'

The little boy replies, 'The President is screwing the Working Class while the Government is sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the Future is in deep shit.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

Carolyn has posted in Clinton's thread that volunteers are needed to help in the search. It is on Jan. 18th.,19th., and 20th. in Princeton LA. This is about 20 miles east of Shreveport. There is a form and details in Clinton's thread at the link below if any Monkeys are in the area and can help.

Thanks!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.460

Bringing this forward for the TES search this weekend.

The link above is to Clinton's thread which is where the form can be downloaded.

This link is to Clinton's candle site.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

Thanks everyone...

Bringing forward again as the search is this weekend.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: January 14, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »

Jan 10, 6:16 PM EST

LA Man Gets 8 Years for Stealing Yorkies
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A man who stole purebred Yorkshire terrier puppies at gunpoint was sentenced Thursday to eight years in prison.

Troy Cabral sobbed as he was sentenced in Superior Court. He pleaded guilty in November to robbery with use of a gun and assault with a firearm in the Feb. 23 holdup.

Cabral's attorney, James P. Cooper III, said the sentence "was appropriate considering the allegation of gun use."

Prosecutors said Cabral, 24, and Ryan Betton, 19, went to the Wilshire-area home of a family that had advertised the puppies for sale at $2,500 each. They said they wanted to see the puppies, then returned later and rushed inside when the door was opened.

They ordered the residents to the floor at gunpoint and stuffed three puppies and an adult dog into garbage bags before fleeing.

Cabral and Betton turned themselves in after surveillance camera footage of the theft aired on television. The dogs were later recovered.

Betton was sentenced to two years in prison in December after pleading guilty to robbery.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PURLOINED_PUPPIES?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is scarey!  Granted, the puppies were advertised at $2,500.00 each, but some people will certainly hold a gun on you for a lot less.  .. I worry sometimes when DH wants to sell something on Craig's List.  He was going to have people come out to our house to see the items.  I was afraid people might come and see what we have in the house (casing the joint,if you will), and come back and rob us. Instead, I asked him to have them meet us near the entrance of a big store.   Some homes near mine were robbed a few months back, and it was traced to people going around selling magazines.  The people worked for a legitimate company, but when selling the magazines, would check the houses for goodies, when people were home/not home, etc.  I don't let anyone like that in my home. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »

MY LIVING WILL

Last night, my friend and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

She got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.

She's such a bitch..... Laughing

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: January 14, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »

OBS

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #856 on: January 14, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »

ok...you have me all teared up again now too!! Do we need a teared up thread? lol

I just remember over the Holidays, I was at our local super market. There is just the NICEST cashier in the world...I mean you will wait in line a little longer just to have her smiling face check you out...that kind of person. I didn't see her this day so I just get in a line and there is this new young boy who is the cashier. When I got up to the cashier, there was my favorite cashier bagging groceries. She had stepped away from her register for a moment to collect herself because a customer had been so mean, it made her cry. She kept apologizing for the tears and I said don't be silly!! We all have those days, I just can't believe someone would be so mean to make you cry. Then the young man who was ringing me up said, " I don't let anyone take away my joy". Both myself and my favorite cashier looked at each other and dropped our jaws. The point was made to both of us. It is my new mantra and I say that to myself daily now...it was just so profound to me!!! No matter what the circumstance, you don't have to let it take away your joy. Just one of those moments that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Luv ya Monkeys!!!

Lou!  I was composing in my head while I was reading what you said but then I see that nice young man beat me to it.  You can't let other people steal your joy!  Don't let the fact they are having a bad day or have a bad attitude steal YOUR joy!  You have to learn to blow off stuff that is not important.  Once you try it, you'll be surprised how many things aren't really that important. 

Real estate.  Commercial is where the money is but is probably trickier to get into for women.  Unless you like driving around looking at warehouses and farms.   Rolling Eyes  Seems like my dad deals mostly with men although I'm sure he knows every woman realtor where he lives.  I remember when my dad started out selling houses.  You gotta hang in there and build a nice clientele of people whom you have treated well because they will tell other people.  That's the best way to build your business anyway...on your reputation for being fair, honest and a pleasure to deal with.  Best of luck in your endeavors.  Sounds like you know where you belong.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #857 on: January 14, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »

Luv ya Monkeys!!!

Lou!  I was composing in my head while I was reading what you said but then I see that nice young man beat me to it.  You can't let other people steal your joy!  Don't let the fact they are having a bad day or have a bad attitude steal YOUR joy!  You have to learn to blow off stuff that is not important.  Once you try it, you'll be surprised how many things aren't really that important. 

Real estate.  Commercial is where the money is but is probably trickier to get into for women.  Unless you like driving around looking at warehouses and farms.   Rolling Eyes  Seems like my dad deals mostly with men although I'm sure he knows every woman realtor where he lives.  I remember when my dad started out selling houses.  You gotta hang in there and build a nice clientele of people whom you have treated well because they will tell other people.  That's the best way to build your business anyway...on your reputation for being fair, honest and a pleasure to deal with.  Best of luck in your endeavors.  Sounds like you know where you belong.

Thanks Peaches!!!
I do work with alot of rehabbers..its fun but we have to romp through some ugly houses when we are looking at properties!! I could tell you some stories!!! lol It's a wonder how some people live!!!
Thank you for the kind encouraging words!!! See what I mean about being an inspiration!!! Aren't we supposed to be sending YOU the kind and encouraging words!!?? lol You are truely a blessing!! Thanks again!!

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:05 PM »

A Little Help!!   please
The links I posted for some documents in Clinton Nelsons thread were bad...
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.new#new

I added the correct ones... if some Kinda hearted monkeys could correct them   please

Thanks

Oldfart

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »

A Little Help!!   please
The links I posted for some documents in Clinton Nelsons thread were bad...
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.new#new

I added the correct ones... if some Kinda hearted monkeys could correct them   please

Thanks

Oldfart

I was looking and looking at it trying to figure out what was wrong until I noticed ******* fixed it for you  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.