April 27, 2024, 02:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221294 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:51 AM »

FYI - I'd rather go to a TASER PARTY than a Tupperware Party any day, lol  Laughing

You gave me my giggle for the day!!!
How about Pampered Chef? I LOVE Pampered Chef parties, great products and they feed you!!! Some of my best recipes have come from Pampered Chef parties believe it or not!!!

I love Pampered Chef.  I haven't been to a party in years but I have a spatula from a party about 16 years ago and it's still doing it's thing.  Looks like new.  You get what you pay for.  All their stuff is great.  I love my square baking stone.  Great for cookies.  Are you a distributor?

I'm a 56 yo male and love to cook. About 3 years ago we went to a Pampered Chef party. I went along hoping to visit with my buddy, but he wasn't there. Most of the ladies I knew and they invited me to join in. Long story short, I won the first 6 prizes for correctly answering the hosts cooking questions. And da bitches threw me out. We still laugh about it at other get togethers.

That's funny sleddogs!! 

I love Pampered chef!!  I got some things for our daughter for a bridal shower gift.  (Don't tell her this) but I got this black thingy that's for breaking up hamburger when you're making tacos. (well I guess that's what it's for.)  Anywhooo......I used it and it is amazing!!  my bad.  She'll never know. lol

I'm telling!!!!
Just teasin' ya!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: January 19, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »

LOL...*******...the one I feel most stupid doing, but do all the time.....call my DH on his cell when I can't find him in a store......which happens all the time!

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Clinton, Carolyn and her family,TES and all the volunteers this weekend.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

Lit our candle and sending out prayers too.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: January 19, 2008, 06:32:49 AM »

Police: Victim drunk during tiger attack
41 minutes ago

One of the three victims of San Francisco Zoo tiger attack was intoxicated and admitted to yelling and waving at the animal while standing atop the railing of the big cat enclosure, police said in court documents filed Thursday.

Paul Dhaliwal, 19, told the father of Carlos Sousa Jr., 17, who was killed, that the three yelled and waved at the tiger but insisted they never threw anything into its pen to provoke the cat, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle.

"As a result of this investigation, (police believe) that the tiger may have been taunted/agitated by its eventual victims," according to Inspector Valerie Matthews, who prepared the affidavit. Police believe that "this factor contributed to the tiger escaping from its enclosure and attacking its victims," she said.

Sousa's father, Carlos Sousa Sr., said Dhaliwal told him the three stood on a 3-foot-tall metal railing a few feet from the edge of the tiger moat. "When they got down they heard a noise in the bushes, and the tiger was jumping out of the bushes on him (Paul Dhaliwal)," the documents said.

Police found a partial shoe print that matched Paul Dhaliwal's on top of the railing, Matthews said in the documents.

The papers said Paul Dhaliwal told Sousa that no one was dangling his legs over the enclosure. Authorities believe the tiger leaped or climbed out of the enclosure, which had a wall 4 feet shorter than the recommended minimum.

The affidavit also cites multiple reports of a group of young men taunting animals at the zoo, the Chronicle reported.

Mark Geragos, an attorney for the Dhaliwal brothers, did not immediately return a call late Thursday by The Associated Press for comment. He has repeatedly said they did not taunt the tiger.

Calls to Sousa and Michael Cardoza, an attorney for the Sousa family, also weren't returned.

Toxicology results for Dhaliwal showed that his blood alcohol level was 0.16 — twice the legal limit for driving, according to the affidavit. His 24-year-old brother, Kulbir, and Sousa also had alcohol in their blood but within the legal limit, Matthews wrote.

All three also had marijuana in their systems, Matthews said. Kulbir Dhaliwal told police that the three had smoked pot and each had "a couple shots of vodka" before leaving San Jose for the zoo on Christmas Day, the affidavit said.

Police found a small amount of marijuana in Kulbir Dhaliwal's 2002 BMW, which the victims rode to the zoo, as well as a partially filled bottle of vodka, according to court documents.

Investigators also recovered messages and images from the cell phones, but apparently nothing incriminating in connection with the tiger attack, the Chronicle reported.

Zoo spokesman Sam Singer said he had not seen the documents but believed the victims did taunt the animal, even though they claim they hadn't.

"Those brothers painted a completely different picture to the public and the press," Singer said. "Now it's starting to come out that what they said is not true."

why are the victims being investigated here? I don't care how drunk they were or whether they flapped their arms or not, the tiger should not have been able to get out!!!
Sounds to me like these boys had been acting like children...heeellloooo!!! what if it had been 3 twelve year olds on the wall flapping their arms, would they deserve to be attacked? A zoo attracts all kinds of people and not all of them are going to act appropriately. For the safety of those visiting, the employees AND THE ANIMALS!!! the enclosures should be designed to keep them apart!!!
This burns my butt!!!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:03 AM »

FLAP ALERT !!! :  This is a warning to all creatures who have something that might flap.  Wings, lips, ears etc.  The sun is shining brightly today.  Not a cloud in the sky right now.  However, it is a real temperature of minus 15 degrees with the wind chill approaching minus forty degrees. 

In this weather you do not want to expose human skin to the cold more than 10 minutes at a time.  Frostbite will be the main ailment in the emergency rooms these next couple of days.

This bird is grounded. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: January 19, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »

FLAP ALERT !!! :  This is a warning to all creatures who have something that might flap.  Wings, lips, ears etc.  The sun is shining brightly today.  Not a cloud in the sky right now.  However, it is a real temperature of minus 15 degrees with the wind chill approaching minus forty degrees. 

In this weather you do not want to expose human skin to the cold more than 10 minutes at a time.  Frostbite will be the main ailment in the emergency rooms these next couple of days.

This bird is grounded. 

Always think of frostbite when I see those diehard football fans in places like Greenbay, Cleveland and Buffalo.......
Go Packers..................

Please light a candle for Carolyn and Clinton......

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: January 19, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »

Well, it is something to see 75,000 people sitting on metal bleachers in this weather.  The average time they need to spend outside from car back to car is 4-5 hours minimum.  I know from long ago you feel the effects for weeks.

Unfortunately, there are other things in life that go on besides football and I am going to have to leave my warm nest for a while today.  I just hope nothing breaks off.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #926 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »

This bird is grounded. 

Boy Owl   now I feel warm !!!    8 and -8 here   Laughing   Stay Warmmm

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: January 19, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »

Good Morning oldfart...thanks for all the updates on the search for Clinton. It appears the cold weather has reached that far south as well.

Please light a candle for Clinton and say a prayer for Carolyn and Clinton, Tes and all the volunteers this weekend.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #928 on: January 19, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »

Guess this means no one is going to be very impressed with our 1-3 inches of snow falling in Alabama with temps as low as 15 degrees in the morning but we are all rather hysterical as usual when it snows.

Great Owl, I can't even imagine that kind of cold.  I did live in Illinois for five years and we had a blizzard but nothing like those temps.

I hope everyone in these extreme weather conditions will be safe!  I don't know how folks cope when it is that extreme but am sure it is very difficult to do so.  Staying home would be for sure the best option until it warms.  At least when it is this cold in Alabama, it doesn't last for very long and will warm up and melt any snow we get quickly. 

I would never go out in extreme cold for football much as we love it here!  Guess I am a fair weather fan, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: January 19, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »

Well, Anna you just blow all that snow north.  As I said, in a couple of weeks I am heading for Orlando and I do want very warm weather.  The winter this year has been a long one and we do not usually come out of the possibility of snow until May in most years.  So this year we have also scheduled a trip to Puerto Vallarta in April so we get a head start on being toasty warm for the summer.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #930 on: January 19, 2008, 02:08:28 PM »

Snow?  No snow for me....I live in the snowless vortex.  I am cursed when it comes to snow...haven't seen it in over 15 years.  WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #931 on: January 19, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »

Please light a candle in Hopes that the searchers find Clinton Nelson this weekend.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: January 19, 2008, 08:40:45 PM »

Candle lit from me. Prayers to the family, friends, and all those helping in the search.

It's presently 15 degrees here in my neck of the woods with the wind chill at 7.  I am tucked in for the weekend, got the fireplace blazing and refrigerator's full.  This old chick isn't going anywhere! 

Thank you cbb for the pretty new clothes!   

Special delivery!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: January 19, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »

Dear CBB, Thank you for giving me a new valentine outfit in fushia. I love it. (Haven't switched over yet.)

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #934 on: January 19, 2008, 10:57:52 PM »

You're welcome, Louise and Oldencrabby!  Wink

I just had to help OldFart play peek-a-boo with his Grandson!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vof.gif
crazybabyborg
« Reply #935 on: January 19, 2008, 11:06:02 PM »

Well, Anna you just blow all that snow north.  As I said, in a couple of weeks I am heading for Orlando and I do want very warm weather.  The winter this year has been a long one and we do not usually come out of the possibility of snow until May in most years.  So this year we have also scheduled a trip to Puerto Vallarta in April so we get a head start on being toasty warm for the summer.

Oh, I do not blame you one bit for looking for a place to thaw! Great Owl, my climate isn't as cold as yours; we hit cold "spells" where it gets down in the single digits, but ususally that doesn't last longer than a week at a time, at most. Several years ago, a bunch of us went to Cancun, Mexico for Spring Break with our kids. It was balmy hot and it felt so good after a cold winter. BUT, I thought I would die when I got back! A late cold snap had settled in and the goose pimples obscured all that tan!  Laughing

Do you have a hard time adjusting when you get back home?
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #936 on: January 19, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »

Had to post this. They must grow them strong in England.

Woman jailed for testicle attack
A woman who ripped off her ex-boyfriend's testicle with her bare hands has been sent to prison.
Amanda Monti, 24, flew into a rage when Geoffrey Jones, 37, rejected her advances at the end of a house party, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying: "That's yours."

Monti admitted wounding and was jailed for two-and-a-half years.

'Pulled hard'

Sentencing Monti, Judge Charles James said it was "a very serious injury" and that Monti was not acting in self-defence.

The court heard that Mr Jones had ended his long-term but "open relationship" with Monti towards the end of May last year.

The pair remained on good terms and on 30 May she picked him up from a party in Crosby and went back for drinks with friends at Mr Jones's house.

An argument ensued and Mr Jones said there was a struggle between them.

In his statement, Mr Jones said she grabbed his genitals and "pulled hard".

I am in no way a violent person
Amanda Monti 

He added: "That caused my underpants to come off and I found I was completely naked and in excruciating pain."

The court heard that a friend saw Monti put Mr Jones's testicle into her mouth and try to swallow it.

She choked and spat it back into her hand before the friend grabbed it and gave it back to Mr Jones. Doctors were unable to re-attach the organ.

In a letter to the court, Monti said she was sorry for what she had done.

She said: "It was never my intention to cause harm to Geoff and the fact that I have caused him injury will live with me forever. I am in no way a violent person."

The letter added: "I have challenged myself to explain what has happened but still I just cannot remember. This has caused much anguish to me and will do for the rest of my life."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4253849.stm

Published: 2005/02/10 15:13:36 GMT

2 4 1
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: January 19, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »

I really don't have much difficulty coming home.  I always expect that it is going to be cold when we get off the plane.  It is just nice to get away once in a while.

I just saw Klaas on Bubble Shooter!!!!!!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #938 on: January 20, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »

Had to post this. They must grow them strong in England.

Woman jailed for testicle attack
A woman who ripped off her ex-boyfriend's testicle with her bare hands has been sent to prison.
Amanda Monti, 24, flew into a rage when Geoffrey Jones, 37, rejected her advances at the end of a house party, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying: "That's yours."

Monti admitted wounding and was jailed for two-and-a-half years.

'Pulled hard'

Sentencing Monti, Judge Charles James said it was "a very serious injury" and that Monti was not acting in self-defence.

The court heard that Mr Jones had ended his long-term but "open relationship" with Monti towards the end of May last year.

The pair remained on good terms and on 30 May she picked him up from a party in Crosby and went back for drinks with friends at Mr Jones's house.

An argument ensued and Mr Jones said there was a struggle between them.

In his statement, Mr Jones said she grabbed his genitals and "pulled hard".

I am in no way a violent person
Amanda Monti 

He added: "That caused my underpants to come off and I found I was completely naked and in excruciating pain."

The court heard that a friend saw Monti put Mr Jones's testicle into her mouth and try to swallow it.

She choked and spat it back into her hand before the friend grabbed it and gave it back to Mr Jones. Doctors were unable to re-attach the organ.

In a letter to the court, Monti said she was sorry for what she had done.

She said: "It was never my intention to cause harm to Geoff and the fact that I have caused him injury will live with me forever. I am in no way a violent person."

The letter added: "I have challenged myself to explain what has happened but still I just cannot remember. This has caused much anguish to me and will do for the rest of my life."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4253849.stm

Published: 2005/02/10 15:13:36 GMT

"That's Yours" ?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #939 on: January 20, 2008, 01:40:47 AM »

OK, I'm going to post some more avatars in hopes they find their owners!

(WHISKYGIRL (JERRY OHIO)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.