April 27, 2024, 10:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221289 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: January 20, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

I am looking at an orange and red sunrise today through my office window.  As I look out over the white snow the Cardinals are beginning to fly in to get breakfast from the feeder I have outside my window.  We have a small woods to the back of the house with the images of tall black tree limbs and branches beginning to allow the light through.  I love watching the sunrises while working at my computer.

Today is not a typical day here in the upper midwest.  You see, despite that brilliant clear sun filled sky, we are a bit colder than normal.  Right now we are bouncing around a true - 20 degrees below zero with the wind chills ranging in the -40 to -50 territory. 

In a couple of hours I will head off to church where we need to usher today.  Our church just happens to be right next door to where The New York Giants Team and fans are staying.  All professional teams stay here when in the area and while we never see any team members it is very common for their fans or even supporting entourage to attend church.  Today we will not only treat them with our usual kindness, but will try to encourage them to stay safe when traveling and sitting at the game.

This is no longer a matter of just playful kidding.  It takes courage and observation to survive at day like this at Lambeau Field.  By the time the game begins the sun will probably have warmed the true temps around here to near zero, but even that I have doubts about today.  The sun will be setting at about the same time the game begins.  Yet, there will be a packed stadium to watch the game.  Packer fans will be there, but I am not sure all the New York fans will be ready for this experience.  I do hope that they keep their tour buses running and warm because I am sure that they will need to come back once or twice to warm up during the game.

There is no way in ............ that I would sit out there today.  However, I know thousands of people who will pay any price for the honor.  Such is life.  Let's hope those in attendance heed common sense and do not let false pride cause permanent damage to their bodies. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: January 20, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »

The time of these games is a disagrace to the NFL in the dead of winter.... at 3 here in New England the sun is almost down, it's dark by 3:30 or 4:00 and very cold here as well..... I think Green Bay may be worse.....

no way would I even enjoy going to either game today.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #942 on: January 20, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »

Regaring the Green Bay/Giants game today....I watched two reporters on a news show earlier and they were bundled up, but obviously uncomfortable just standing in the stadium for their report.  Their breath with each statement a frosty mist....I cannot fathom playing, let alone sitting in a stadium tonight in those temps.  And I'm sure New England is not much better, for the temp here right now in my area is around 16 midday.  Brrrrrr

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #943 on: January 20, 2008, 01:33:12 PM »

Regarding the Green Bay/Giants game today....I watched two reporters on a news show earlier and they were bundled up, but obviously uncomfortable just standing in the stadium for their report.  Their breath with each statement a frosty mist....I cannot fathom playing, let alone sitting in a stadium tonight in those temps.  And I'm sure New England is not much better, for the temp here right now in my area is around 16 midday.  Brrrrrr

Edited 'Regaring' to 'Regarding'....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: January 20, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »

Well, I am just a few miles south of Green Bay.  I have been at church and then have been out shopping.  I just got home but my computer gauge shows -2/-20 right now.  I have to agree that this game should have been scheduled for much earlier in the afternoon, however, in these temperatures it would not have made any difference.  The wind is bitterly cold out there right now and this is about as warm as it gets.  Believe it or not it might actually be warmer playing in an hour or two as the wind will begin to die down thus lowering the wind chill.  The wind is what can freeze your eyeballs out.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: January 20, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

I just want to thank DUGGA for adding all of the Monkey Emoticons I sent him. 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: January 20, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

Thanks Klaas and Dugga. These are great!

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #947 on: January 20, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »

HI Shell ! Hope all is well with you sweety !!

I love the monkey emoticons too..  LOL TY to Klaas and Dugga !
Trying to keep warm here.. its a burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 12 degrees,....  YUCK !
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: January 20, 2008, 07:36:09 PM »

I hate the cold... too .. I was looking for a place to warm up...

the only place that I can afford, I would never step foot on... that should tell you something!  LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: January 20, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

HI Shell ! Hope all is well with you sweety !!

I love the monkey emoticons too..  LOL TY to Klaas and Dugga !
Trying to keep warm here.. its a burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 12 degrees,....  YUCK !

Hey there Angie  I am doing pretty good, thanks. Hope you are too. Has been a long time since I have been in that cold of weather.

Inside weekend addition just did a short story on Joran and his wine tossing.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #950 on: January 20, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

Geeeeez..............I was going to complain about the cold, but you guys have me beat! It's a balmy 5* here in Kingsport, Tn, and I'm freezing me arse off! 

I've been watching the game on and off and couldn't believe it when the reporters said that the packer's bench warming device was working but somehow the opposing team's warmer was malfunctioning!  There are times when things like that are almost funny, but this isn't one of them! No Mother who has ever watched her son play football would wish that for either team!

Did I hear correctly that there is a ground warming system where they are playing??
Why don't they just put a roof on the stadium and enclose it?
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #951 on: January 20, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »

any Thanks CBB  when I get a moment I will exchange it for my wonderful Lil Christmas Puppy that you made me :+)    Now unless a sweet Valentine ELF  comes along and switches it for me  cause to be very honest I do forget how to do it but I did write it down from Klaas the last time she helped me  I think the Bear is such a cutie also  As you already know  I am a sucker for almost all animals  <  Once again TY CBB  you a sweetheart .
  Jerry from Ohio

(WHISKYGIRL)  [IMG//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vjt.gif[/img] (JERRY OHIO)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #952 on: January 20, 2008, 10:19:42 PM »

AWE CRAP   I SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY cute lIL bEAR WITH THE BASKET OF HEARTS 

any Thanks CBB  when I get a moment I will exchange it for my wonderful Lil Christmas Puppy that you made me :+)    Now unless a sweet Valentine ELF  comes along and switches it for me  cause to be very honest I do forget how to do it but I did write it down from Klaas the last time she helped me  I think the Bear is such a cutie also  As you already know  I am a sucker for almost all animals  <  Once again TY CBB  you a sweetheart .
  Jerry from Ohio

(WHISKYGIRL)  [IMG//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vjt.gif[/img] (JERRY OHIO)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »

What a game!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: January 20, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

What a game!

Yes it was.  I was going for Green Bay and I'm from NY .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:34:50 PM by San » Logged
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: January 20, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »

What a game!

I feel bad for Favre..I was hoping he would go to the super bowl Sad

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: January 21, 2008, 07:03:16 AM »

What a game!

I feel bad for Favre..I was hoping he would go to the super bowl Sad

I am sure his family wanted him to also.  He has always had a very positive outlook on life.  The accomplishments of the team this year were more important to him than his own personal goals.  Unfortunately, we had the youngest team in football this year and not very many big name players.  We only have 4 players in the Pro Bowl as compared to 11 for Dallas and 7 for the Vikings.

When you have a small market team it is difficult to compete for the big name players on the free agent market.  We do pretty well in this area considering all factors.  The Giants have been playing some good football in the past few games, we wish them well.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: January 21, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »

We are coming out of the deep freeze now.  The wind has died down and it is -4/-4.  This means only one thing.  SNOW  !!!    We are expecting about 7 more inches today.  It will be a very dry snow and the skiers will love it.  We will not see the sun again now until at least Thursday or Friday. 

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #958 on: January 21, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »

Well it seems that my Avatar Angel has seen fit to help this poor ol Cowboy that is most grateful to any of my Angel friends  I am so blessed .

AWE CRAP   I SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY cute lIL bEAR WITH THE BASKET OF HEARTS 

Jerry from Ohio

[/quote]
[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio

crazybabyborg
« Reply #959 on: January 21, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

Ah, Jerry, I'd never leave you without help! You look so cute! I thought of you with this one because you seem to spread cheer and joy just like that little bear throws out hearts!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.