April 24, 2024, 04:27:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221230 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: January 21, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »

What a game!

Yes it was.  I was going for Green Bay and I'm from NY .
  I feel bad for Favre..I was hoping he would go to the super bowl Sad

I wanted Favre to go to the super bowl also.  For some reason I don't like Eli Manning very much.  Could be that I compare him to his brother.  Payton is very intense and Eli seems so nonchalant about things.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #961 on: January 21, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

Just for CBB  :::::::  Big Old Smooch :::::::   Babe your just a wonderful woman !!!
   your friend in Ohio  Jerry

Ah, Jerry, I'd never leave you without help! You look so cute! I thought of you with this one because you seem to spread cheer and joy just like that little bear throws out hearts!

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
crazybabyborg
« Reply #962 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:14 AM »

Smooch back at you, Jerry!

Something to think about.............................

URINE TEST

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job.  I work, they
 pay me.  I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it
 Sees fit.  In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine
 test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes
  to people who don't have to pass a urine test.  Shouldn't one have to pass a
  Urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it
  For them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get
  back on their feet.  I do on the other hand have a problem with helping
  someone sitting on their but doing drugs, while I work... Can you
  imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to
  get a public assistance check ?????

crazybabyborg
« Reply #963 on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

GOOD MORNING, MONKEYS! Treat yourself to a big breakfast today for no other reason than because it's an ordinary Tuesday!   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #964 on: January 22, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »

Please be mindful of Peaches today! She's undergoing a procedure today on her liver in her fight against cancer. I'm hoping her husband will post an update.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

Please be mindful of Peaches today! She's undergoing a procedure today on her liver in her fight against cancer. I'm hoping her husband will post an update.

Thanks for the reminder CBB - I wasn't sure when it was gonna be.  Adding extra prayers for our dear Peaches today!

BTW - thanks for the big breakfast....how did you know I was soooo hungry?

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #966 on: January 22, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #967 on: January 22, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »

Heath Ledger found dead in NYC at age 28 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan apartment, and police said drugs may have been a factor. The Australian-born actor was 28. Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the residence in the tony SoHo neighborhood, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. A housekeeper who went to let him know the massage therapist had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers began gathering Tuesday evening outside the building on an upscale block, where several police officers guarded the door.

Ledger was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain," where he met Michelle Williams in 2005. The two lived together in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

Ledger most recently appeared in "I'm Not There," in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan  as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination Tuesday for best supporting actress.

Ledger was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Knight," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins." He's had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale" and "The Patriot," and played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball."

Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series "Roar," Ledger moved to Los Angeles and costarred in "10 Things I Hate About You," a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew."

Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn't like.

"It wasn't a hard decision for me," Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. "It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, `You're crazy,' my parents were like, `Come on, you have to eat.'"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »

Very sad.  A young talented actor with everything to live for.  Evidentally they also found a bunch of pills strewn about.  Reported to be perscription medicine.  They can't say if it was suicidal or accidental right now.  Autopsy will be tomorrow.

RIP
crazybabyborg
« Reply #969 on: January 22, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »

H-E-L-P!!! I can't get into my photobucket account because it says that "cookies must be enabled". What's that mean and how do I do it????   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »

H-E-L-P!!! I can't get into my photobucket account because it says that "cookies must be enabled". What's that mean and how do I do it????   

Check your messages CBB - I think it's a photobucket problem. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #971 on: January 23, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »

What a game!

Yes it was.  I was going for Green Bay and I'm from NY .

My hubby, too, San....closet GB fan....(sorry, just seeing this)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #972 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »

Missing cat found in owner's suitcase 13 minutes ago

The last time cat-owner Kelly Levy saw her tiger-striped feline was before she took her husband to the airport. The 24-year-old came back to her house late Friday to find the bottom step, where Gracie Mae would usually be waiting, empty.

Levy tore the house apart looking for the 10-month-old tabby who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Then she got a phone call.

"Hi, you're not going to believe this, but I am calling from Fort Worth, Texas, and I accidentally picked up your husband's luggage. And when I opened the luggage, a cat jumped out," Levy recalled the caller saying, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Rob Carter, of Fort Worth, told The Dallas Morning News for its online edition Tuesday that he made it home with the suitcase.

"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," Carter said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

Carter said that he eventually was able to get the cat to come out from under the bed.

"In the morning, I got close enough to see its collar and the phone number on it," he said. "So I called the number and got a hold of the crying wife of the traveler."

Gracie Mae had crawled into Seth Levy's black suitcase undetected, been put through an X-ray machine, loaded onto an airplane, thrown onto a baggage claim conveyor belt and picked up by a stranger.

Carter delivered Gracie Mae to Seth Levy and the tabby made the 1,300-mile trip home on an $80 plane ticket Sunday night.

Carter said that he considered keeping the cat before he knew she had a home.

"If I couldn't have found a good home, I would have kept it," he said. "We were going to name it Suitcase."

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: January 23, 2008, 07:55:34 AM »

LOL...CBB...you just reminded me....my DD called me in a panic the other night as she didn't know how to enable cookies on Vista with her new computer. (Of course had an assignment due in the next few hours.) I was trying to find out for her and she called back and said she had 'googled' it!!!!

I decided if a 21 year old 'computer smart' person can't work out simple things on 'Vista', that I would have no hope!!!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #974 on: January 23, 2008, 08:20:17 AM »

CBB HELP PLEASE...Can you please tell me how to put something in my sig. line and how I would download something to put there!  TIA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #975 on: January 23, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

Mum? If you have found something on the internet you want to download for your signature line, pull up the photo, right click, and choose "save picture as". It will download to your computer's hard drive in a folder of your choosing. "My pictures" is a good choice.

Then, you will need a "Photobucket" account. It's free and easy to get. Go to Photobucket on the internet and it will walk you through setting up an account.

Once that's done, you will have an "album" on photobucket. When you open the album page in photobucket, there will be three "boxes" that are tagged "browse". Clicking a "browse" button will open your hard drive and allow you to click the picture you have downloaded and "open" it. Doing that will place the info in the "browse"box in Photobucket. Then, just click the "upload" button at the bottom of the browse boxes, and the picture will upload to your album. You'll be able to see it there.

You'll notice three boxes under the picture. Left click in the last box. That "copies" the picture and you're ready to come to Scared Monkeys and put it in your signature line. I'll make a seperate post for that, ok?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #976 on: January 23, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »

OK, you've got your picture in Photobucket, and have copied it by left clicking in the last box under the picture.....................

Click on the "Profile" tab at the top of any page you're on at Scared Monkeys.

Left side of page has the option "Modify Profile". Click "Forum Profile Information" under that.

Scroll down to "Custom Title" and find "signature". There is a latge box next to it. Right click in the box and select "paste". That will put your picture in your signature line.

At the bottom of that page on the right side is a button that says "Change Profile". Click that and you're done!

Mum? I'll ask Klaas if she has some pictures to help, if you should have trouble. It sounds complicated, I know, but honestly, you'll use the photobucket account all the time and it's worth having!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #977 on: January 23, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »

Thanks CBB I bookmarked it!!!Man...if I can do this I will be so happy!!!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #978 on: January 23, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »

Mum? If you can just copy the link (at the top of the page, usually starting with http://, in the box at the very top of the page where the photo is), and post it here, I'll upload it to my photobucket account, post it for you, and you can skip everything except the profile part.

Klaas can probably do it for you including the profile part, but I don't have that "power". I've messaged her to help if she can.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: January 23, 2008, 09:21:03 AM »

Can anybody tell me how to entertain a 75 lb puppy with cabin fever?
He usually plays outside all day....throws his ball against the house
and catches it...goes to the woods and digs holes....collects sticks, etc.
With the rainy, icy snowy weather we have had he has been stuck in
the house with me and thinks that I should entertain him.
He sits in my lap when I am at the computer.  Toys are strewn all
over the place.  He makes me laugh so much, but I am exhausted from
all the play.  He is 10 months old.....  half Blue Heeler and half Yellow Lab.
His name is Hudson.  I have always had smaller dogs before and I am at wits end.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.