April 25, 2024, 02:38:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This week in the NFL......  (Read 2072 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 19, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »

The Browns and Ravens.......

12 for 104 yards Browns
 2  for 15 yards  Ravens

These are the penalties for yesterdays game.The Raven's 15 yards was for a personal foul when one of their players punched an offensive lineman when he was on the ground, after the whistle. The other penalty was offsetting for unsportsmanlike conduct.

No penalties for the Raven's for hitting the Brown's QB after the whistle, throwing a receiver after he was well and truly out of bounds or for the two illegal tackles that the Brown's were penalized for last week. And these are only the obvious ones.

Then, when it came to reviewing a call which the Raven's were obviously going to lose a timeout on, and which took forever, the officials said that the replay wasn't working properly. So the call was right, but the Ravens weren't charged a timeout. BS on that one..I for one am not buying it!

Then to top that off, one of the officials quickly called Dawson's kick to tie the game no good. Thankfully that was corrected and the game went into overtime. And I for one was totally surprised on that one. Had expected that it was going to be no good, end of game and an apology later in the week to the Browns.

I know I'm a one-eyed Brown's fan, but have never been so mad watching a game. The Ravens should have been so far out of this game it wasn't funny! The officials kept blowing their darn whistles on our offense, but let the Ravens do whatever.

And Bellick's presser was a joke,sour grapes...they got the call on the field goal right. His Ravens aren't any good this year and he could be looking for a new job, oh well. There is some really big egos getting bruised on that team this season.

Normally on a Monday after a good game by the Browns, and it doesn't have to be a win either, I'm a happy camper. Today I'm disgusted with the officiating or lack of it in yesterday's game. No thanks to the refs that there wasn't a major brawl in the first half. Still can't believe that didn't happen.

We need some consistency by the officials....no matter if it's the Browns, Miami, Rams or one of the other 'lowly' teams. Come on, a penalty is a penalty no matter whose uniform you're wearing!!!!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.