April 27, 2024, 11:03:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #690 11/21 - 11/23/2007  (Read 201369 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »

Fox News Video -

http://zoltanzion.blogspot.com/

Julie Banderas and Phil Keating - live from Aruba

***All Videos courtesy of Carpe Noctem***

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
lnichols
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »

I recall a Party boat captian.... I can't remember his name, but I do remember something about a sunset cruise party boat thing????? 

O.K. been thinking all day about what JQK said last night about it being physical evidence  and your could touch it. Something they had discussed before wanting but not getting.  The only thing I can remember was wanting to question Koen and not being able to.  Could they have questioned Koen and got ahold of his boat to do forensics?  I know the boat was sold (maybe to ArubaGirl) but this was mentioned time and again about wanting to question Koen again and very disappointed they didn't get to.  What do you think?

Wasn't Hotshot referring to Koen last night? Don't know if it was about the boat though.

Yes, don't know about boat, either.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »

FOX News, Phil Keating just reported from Aruba about the evidence to be presented in court tomorrow and said it he's being told that the evidence is going to be "explosive".  He also said that we can only hope that one of the attorneys will come out afterwards and tell us what the evidence is.

Not to be tacky here and hope no one takes it that way, but the Anita questioning for a long period of time makes me go "hmmmmm."  I still go back to that movie that was based on Natalee's disappearance, I believe it was a special edition of "Law & Order," where the mother was the major player in the girl's demise.

I agree....what was all that business about Paulus using Anita's phone....sure.... Rolling Eyes
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »

i said from the GET GO

there is a woman involved in this nightmare

1 WOMAN

now, which one
is the question  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #584 on: November 22, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »

O.K. been thinking all day about what JQK said last night about it being physical evidence  and your could touch it. Something they had discussed before wanting but not getting.  The only thing I can remember was wanting to question Koen and not being able to.  Could they have questioned Koen and got ahold of his boat to do forensics?  I know the boat was sold (maybe to ArubaGirl) but this was mentioned time and again about wanting to question Koen again and very disappointed they didn't get to.  What do you think?

Since I think Koen is squealing, I would say this is possible...but probably doubtful, but maybe...I just don't know. FOX news just reported that they will know what the evidence is by tomorrow and it promises to be explosive...I think they (FOX) are full of crap if they think it will all come out tomorrow.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: November 22, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »

Klaas: Also posted at RU by HannieC:

HannieC Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:04 pm   

Just heard on the news that the judge had said that this time it has to be really something worthwile or otherwise they have to stop harrassing Joran and leave him alone......

Translated to mean:  They've got his sorry arse now but we have to put on a good front.

Tyler:  Does Anita still have the panties she was able to describe in such great detail?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »

Phil Keating also said that Joran's mother "and Paulus" had already been questioned again.  2K will have their hearing Friday and that Joran will have a similar hearing once he is back in Aruba.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2007, 07:28:02 PM »

The Big Story Nov 22/07 TRANSCRIPT  FROM HELI@RU

The Big Story
Fox News Channel

November 22, 2007

Ms :

Natalee's father says he is re-launching the search for his daughter's body off the coast of Ariuba. He says he thinks the body was thrown into deep water in the ocean, areas that were not originally searched

This comes after yesterday's shocker: the re-arrest of Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter in the death of Natalee Holloway and this big break gives Natalee's family hope.

Greg Jarrett:

Also brand new tonight, a Dutch Judge has approved the transfer of suspect Joran van der Sloot from The Netherlands to Aruba. In the meantime, the Kalpoe brothers will make an appearance in an aruban court tomorrow where prosecutors intend to present new evidence in the case to the Judge.

Natalee Holloway was last seen in Aruba in May of 2005 with Joran van der Sloot, Satish Kalpoe and Deepak Kalpoe.

With us now live on the telephone is the Editor in Chief of Aruba Today, Julia Renfro.

Julia, prosecutors say they have new evidence. What is the new evidence?

Julia:

They have not released that information and they don't plan to, even when they go to Court tomorrow to ask for the Kalpoe brothers to be detained for 8 more days, that information will not be presented to the Judge either. They're just going to make a petition to the Judge for 8 more days so they have plenty of time to interrogate the boys and present them with this new evidence.

Ms:

Julia under aruban law doesn't the defense have the right to find out what kind of information they have against these boys they've detained?

Julia:

Not yet, not until the evidence has been presented to the suspects. The suspects at this time are being kept separately, they can't communicate with each other.

Ms:

Bring us up to speed because this caught most of us by surprise yesterday when it was revealed that they were arrested. What has been going on in this investigation in the past year?

Julia:

Well, from what I understand over $10 million have been spend in the search for answers for Natalee Holloway and that money has been spent by Aruba, by The Netherlands and they have put together an investigative team, a hardcore 28 man team on this in the last 1-1/2 years, this is from Holland. In addition to those people, they've been assisted by the FBI in Barbados, by the aruban authorities as well as the Dutch Forensic Institute.

So this has been heavy, heavy, heavy searching, going over and over the details in this case with a fine toothed comb, so it hasn't been sitting still. Why you haven't heard anything is because the Dutch system is not transparent, they do not tell you anything, unfortunately for Natalee's family they don't know anymore than we do.

Greg:

Julia, aruban authorities searched as you may recall the property of the van der Sloots in May. They were literally digging up the backyard and the sideyard. Did they locate any evidence that may have contributed to these new re-arrests, in particular do you know if they have a body?

Julia:

We are 99% sure that they do not have a body. Of course we can't say 100% but we're pretty sure that they do not. When the Dutch investigators left at the end of May of this year, they specifically said that they didn't find anything but that they were going back to the Dutch Forensic Institute to analyzie different core samples, chip samples, who knows what all but they were on that property for days. They also went to the Kalpoe property as well.

Greg:

You know in our search for what is new and different in this case since they're not revealing this so called new evidence, if there really is new evidence, there's a new Chief Prosecutor in Aruba as I understand. Might that have something to do with the latest turn of events?

Julia:

That has a lot to do with it as well as you know, the Chief of Police is also different. Pretty much everybody who is working on this case is different from the original team.

Ms:

So Julia just to recap, you say they can be held for 8 days now. The Kalpoe brothers are going into court tomorrow. Any word when Joran will go before a Judge?

Julia:

Joran went before a Judge today. Prior to his arrest a Judge has already given the police the opportunity to hold him for 10 days. Today he went to court for them to make the decision to transfer him to Aruba. So we're under the impression that he'll arrive either tomorrow or in the next few days. Then once he's here he willl be detained, well actually 8 days from last Wednesday and then he'll go to court again, so that would be

Ms:

Okay, we have to leave it there. Does that remind you of anything? Everything's always convoluted when it comes to that aruban law.

Greg:

Some have described the aruban authorities as the keystone cops of murder and manslaughter cases. I'm not sure they're well trained in these sorts of cases.

Now that this case is squarely back in the spotlight, Natalee's friends in her hometown in Alabama are reacting to the latest turn of events.

Joran and the the Kalpoe have denied any involvement in Natalee's disappearance but those with ties to Natalee say they just want justice.

Andrea Preston, Mountain Brook:

I think that most everybody around here would feel better to see somebody brought to justice in this case. I can't speak for everyone but I think most people would feel better knowing these three men, if they did in fact do it, don't just walk away

Ms:

With us on the phone is Joran van der Sloot's attorney Joe Tacopina. Okay Joe, so Joran was detained, arrested along with these guys. You represent Joran van der Sloot. I understand you've spoken to the family. Did you see this coming?

Joe:

We did see it coming only because they have looked up and down at Joran van der Sloot for 2/1-2 years; they've sought to verify every word of his story; they've searched his home twice; they've searched his phone records, his computer records; they verified his whereabouts and we thought there would actually be a point in time where they'd move on and try to be more productive but again, with this investigation nothing is ever a surprise

Ms:

But Joe they say they found new evidence that enabled them

Joe:

We've been down this road, this is the 13th arrest in this ase and not one person has been charged. These kids have not been charged, I'll remind you of that. People are misstating that; they haven't been charged with this manslaughter count, it's not true, they're under investigation for suspicion of involvement. They're not charged with anything.

So we heard a year ago when they arrested the beach patrol kid with new evidence and everybody thought that was the watershed mark for the case and that turned out to be a 2 day big zero.

Ms:

Okay, what do you think this is all about?

Joe:

I think this is all about this investigation being closed by the end of the year for both legal purposes, the statute of limitations purposes and for purposes of following the (inaudible) that they've laid out for this investigation will be closed by 2007. They're wrapping up one way or the other and are they going to seek to go to trial with a very weak case that doesn't really provide any forensic evidence of value, I don't know.

Are they going to seek to throw it before a Judge and say here's what we got Judge, what do you think, can we hold them some more or is the case over.

Greg:

You said right away that the Prosecutor is focusing on the Kalpoes and not your client, so why arrest your client?

Joe:

Because they're allowed to for instance, that's why. They'll bring him back to Aruba, detain him, question him against for 8 or so many days; try to get him to say something that they tried to get him to say before, perhaps ask him to do a re-enactment of his whereabouts that night

Greg:

But Joe you'll admit that your client has given more than one account of what happened on that night and it has been arguable inconsistent.

Joe:

Well no, I won't admit that. Joran lied from the beginning about where he left natalee

Greg:

He lied?

Joe:

Absolutely

Greg:

Well then why would anybody believe anything he has to say?

Joe:

That's the magic elixir, that's the formula for credibility that I don't think there's going to be anybody that going to (inaudible) Joran said he was a 17 year old boy at the time, I was scared to death, I made a mistake and should have told that I left her on the beach. Instead I didn't want to sound like a heel and said I dropped her at the hotel

Ms:

Ok Joe, last question for you. Yesterday you mentioned that this case had to be closed by the end of the year, what does that mean? Briefly explain that

Joe:

There are statute of limitations issues for one. Once people are deemed to be suspects like Joran was 2-1/2 years ago, and they have law in Aruba which doesn't apply because there's never a statute of limitations on homicide in the United States, they have issues that they need to have this case closed by the end of 2007.

Ms:

You say if nobody is charged by the end of the year, we could never see anything in the Natalee Holloway case?

Joe:

That's true, that's absolutely the case unless there is new evidence that develops later that would obviously lead to a real suspect, with real credible evidence then they could petition a Judge.

Ms:

Joe we're going to have to leave it there.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »

Marcus Wiggins owned(s) the Tattoo.

He fired Steve Croes.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

FOX News, Phil Keating just reported from Aruba about the evidence to be presented in court tomorrow and said it he's being told that the evidence is going to be "explosive".  He also said that we can only hope that one of the attorneys will come out afterwards and tell us what the evidence is.

Sneaking a peek from the inlaws, we haven't sat down to eat yet.

Explosive!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: November 22, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

remember when they were measuring things at the SLOOT house

with a tape measure????

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: November 22, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »

Not to be tacky here and hope no one takes it that way, but the Anita questioning for a long period of time makes me go "hmmmmm."  I still go back to that movie that was based on Natalee's disappearance, I believe it was a special edition of "Law & Order," where the mother was the major player in the girl's demise.

Anita is evil.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: November 22, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

i said from the GET GO

there is a woman involved in this nightmare

1 WOMAN

now, which one
is the question  Cool

Is it Mo or Ho  Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #593 on: November 22, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »

maybe someday some overblown cocky 17 year old male will leave one of Joe Tacky's five girls on a beach somewhere too.

how can anyone doubt that Aruba is paying that greaseball's tab?

I continue to stand with the girl.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: November 22, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »

Phil Keating also said that Joran's mother "and Paulus" had already been questioned again.  2K will have their hearing Friday and that Joran will have a similar hearing once he is back in Aruba.

Why aren't they questioning the Kalpoes Mother and Step Father.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: November 22, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »

maybe someday some overblown cocky 17 year old male will leave one of Joe Tacky's five girls on a beach somewhere too.

Is that and Italian joke Laughing Laughing
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »

Last night, right before falling asleep I was thinking about the new evidence.  I thought of something and almost got up to post it but decided I'd remember today.  Thank goodness I just remembered, LOL.

Could the NEW EVIDENCE be SATELLITE IMAGRY?  

In plain sight! Bingo among other things. Can see boats, cars, et al.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: November 22, 2007, 07:41:43 PM »

Is that and Italian joke Laughing Laughing

nope, I like most italians - just not slimy two-faced guttersnipes italian or otherwise !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2007, 07:42:12 PM »

Why aren't they questioning the Kalpoes Mother and Step Father.

Possible scenario here is that K2 were not as involved as Watermelon head and K2 turned evidence on the Ditch people.  The K2 are being held in protective custody and why one at each location?  So they cannot corroborate?  Oh, heck, they have had 2-1/2 years to corroborate. This is so they are protected.  It could be easy to get them if they were both in the same location, a little more difficult if they are at separate facilities, or even if they are in Aurba; they might be held outside of the Aruba, who knows?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: November 22, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »

WHY does FOX News and others bring on Taco Joe??!!?? 

This case is criminal, not civil, and Taco Joe (we all know) is NOT licensed in Aruba??

I do NOT want to hear another word that man has to say!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.