April 28, 2024, 10:29:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #690 11/21 - 11/23/2007  (Read 201411 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

Ironic that LE let them out during our national disaster (hurricane) and some said this was because it would prevent US press coverage.

Now this is done on Thanksgiving days... ie: the court hearings et al

If this was done in hopes that there would be less US press coverage, it's a cinch they don't know our system!

But then again, doing it now would give a tad over 30 days for all appeals and more  time to bring in the case before the deadline of end of Dec.

If there is NEW evidence, I'm not so sure that deadline of the end of December stands.  We'll have to wait and see.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2007, 11:22:56 PM »

WOW! I just got home for Thanksgiving to Oklahoma. I had NO idea of  this news until 5 minutes ago.  Laughing Very Happy Shocked

(now do you believe what robots and I have been espousing?)

fresh cigars await you 2.    LOL

And we may even get to see Angie running down the streets nekky!!

Shocked  Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.. there are probably folks here that don't know that I ever said that 2 years ago.  Shocked
   Wink
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2007, 11:24:48 PM »

Klaas, thanks for getting my Christmas avatar online!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »

Yes... yippee... new evidence may give a new time line for the case.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:17 PM »

I'm sure this is has already been posted, but will post again anyway:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312488,00.html

Three Men Re-Arrested in Disappearance of Natalee Holloway
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —

Three young men previously detained as suspects in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway were re-arrested Wednesday, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said, citing new evidence in the case.

Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were arrested on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

However, van der Sloot's mother insisted her son had not been arrested but was only detained for more questioning.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar with the three men on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to board a plane home with high school classmates celebrating their graduation on the Dutch Caribbean island. She was 18 at the time.

Hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, police and FBI agents spread out across the island for the missing teen. Later efforts would include divers, Dutch F-16 jets equipped with search equipment, and specially trained dogs. No trace was ever found of her.

Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brother had previously been detained on suspicion of taking part in her death, but they denied involvement and a judge released them for lack of evidence.

Van der Sloot, 20, was re-arrested in the Netherlands, where he was attending university. The Kalpoe brothers — Deepak is 24, Satish, 21 — were taken into custody in Aruba.

Authorities "ordered their renewed arrest because further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence," the office said.

Hans Mos, chief prosecutor in Aruba, declined to discuss the new evidence or any other details about the case.

"Our intention is to keep them in detention for a longer period," he said.

Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, denied her son was arrested and said he was only taken into custody for more questioning. She said he wasn't put in handcuffs.

"What they want to do with Joran is to bring him to Aruba for a final reconstruction," Anita van der Sloot said by telephone from the family's home in Aruba.

She said her family and that of the Kalpoe brothers had also been questioned in recent weeks.

"The questions they asked were so obvious, things like, 'Why did Joran leave his shoes on the beach,"' she said, referring to the place where her son said he kissed Holloway alone before her disappearance. "I think it's ridiculous after two-and-a-half years to be doing this."

The brothers were expected to make an initial appearance in an Aruban court Friday, at which point prosecutors were expected to present the new evidence to a judge. A court date in the island had not yet been set for van der Sloot.

Wim de Bruin, a spokesman for the Dutch national prosecutor's office, said van der Sloot could be sent to Aruba without an extradition hearing and the transfer would occur "within several days."

In April, investigators from the Netherlands dug around the home of van der Sloot's family for two days without revealing what prompted the search. Then in May, Dutch and Aruban investigators visited the home where Deepak and Satish Kalpoe live with their parents for what authorities termed an "inspection," without revealing details.

Vinda de Sousa, an attorney Dave Holloway, Natalee's father, said she has left a message for the family but has not talked to them and is not privy to the new evidence.

"I'm as excited as the Holloway family can be," she said. "Anything new in this case, or any development, just gives you rekindled hope that one day this will be solved. I know the investigation never stopped."

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »

Aruba-zone.com
Joran Van Der Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe rearrested!      
Wednesday, 21 November 2007 

Rearrested!BREAKING NEWS … THE THREE SUSPECTS, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT, DEEPAK AND SATISH KALPOE HAVE BEEN ARRESTED!!! The three suspects have been arrested on manslaughter charges. Dutch police arrest Joran van der Sloot on suspicion of involvement in the killing of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, prosecutor tells AP. (CNN)
ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Three young men who were previously detained as suspects in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway have been re-arrested in the case, the Aruban public prosecutor’s office said Wednesday.

(Source: Teletekst)

Here we go again! Today, on the eve of a Thanksgiving holiday the prosecutor's office in accordance with the local police rearrested the three suspects involved in the Natalee Holloway case. According to the press release by the public prosecuter's office there's new evidence that merited these actions. The Natalee Holloway case has been an ongoing case and many have wondered if any investigation has been done in the past few months. With investigations going on for more than 2 years we sincerely hope this has been a serious effort with hard evidence that can finally give the Holloway family some closure into the dissapereance of their daughter.

On a final note, it has to be very interesting that on a day like today with the beginning of one of the most highly anticipated cases of Government corruption in Arubian history, the "Fondo Desaroyo San Nicolaas", that the public prosecuter's office chooses to pursue the Natalee Holloway case that has been silent for months. We sincerely hope this is no public stunt but a concentrated effort in which this case finally gets solved.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »

i have been at the other thread for the last 15 minutes talking to myself

i will re cap

the missing cameras and phones were not lost

they were hidden

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

Angie.. don't forget to wear the bunny ears Rolling Eyes

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »

Ironic that LE let them out during our national disaster (hurricane) and some said this was because it would prevent US press coverage.

Now this is done on Thanksgiving days... ie: the court hearings et al

If this was done in hopes that there would be less US press coverage, it's a cinch they don't know our system!

But then again, doing it now would give a tad over 30 days for all appeals and more  time to bring in the case before the deadline of end of Dec.

If there is NEW evidence, I'm not so sure that deadline of the end of December stands.  We'll have to wait and see.

I thought they said they had until the end of December to decide if they were actually going to bring them to trial.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2007, 11:28:06 PM »

WOW! I just got home for Thanksgiving to Oklahoma. I had NO idea of  this news until 5 minutes ago.  Laughing Very Happy Shocked

Shocked  Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.. there are probably folks here that don't know that I ever said that 2 years ago.  Shocked
   Wink

I don't believe for one minute that you haven't gotten frustrated and already found an excuse to streak through the neighborhood!  Why, I'll bet your neighbors set their clocks by your blur! Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »

Angie
We saved that post for posterity. You will have to make good on that bet, get ready.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2007, 11:28:29 PM »

Wink

i think i need to send you my address  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

Wouldn't that be ironic that a Hindu be charged in a

sacrificial case of cannibalism?

Hey La La's - That's what the message from Shango was.
and after all my research, I think he's right.

THIS is the crime of the century and will force us to define
what can and can't be done under the name of religion.

But... the Arawak Nation will fall... and Aruba will suffer a
great blow and it will be up to the Babylonians, who are
not perfect, themselves to make a stand against it. 

I think they are ready to draw the line in the sand...

Deemed inept, Aruba will fall back under Dutch rule.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

From which one of Shango's cryptic messages did you glean this information?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »

well, we aren't "home" yet -- but I really think we are finally close!

I sure hope this is IT Wreck ! FINALLY !!! 
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

Laughing

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »

someone is singing
 Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2007, 11:32:27 PM »

Wouldn't that be ironic that a Hindu be charged in a

sacrificial case of cannibalism?

Hey La La's - That's what the message from Shango was.
and after all my research, I think he's right.

THIS is the crime of the century and will force us to define
what can and can't be done under the name of religion.

But... the Arawak Nation will fall... and Aruba will suffer a
great blow and it will be up to the Babylonians, who are
not perfect, themselves to make a stand against it. 

I think they are ready to draw the line in the sand...

Deemed inept, Aruba will fall back under Dutch rule.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

From which one of Shango's cryptic messages did you glean this information?

Hi Tibro.  I would like to know that also. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

Sorry Robots - guess I didn't lock the old thread, LOL  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »

I think Greta has the most balanced point of view on this case. I will watch her and this site for developments. Greta and Klaas -- probably the most knowledgeable observers except for those actually involved.
I completely disagree with you - Greta's opinions do NOT make sense.

Leslie - I second your comment.

To paraphrase one of her show's regular talking heads :
Greta is stuck on stupid.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:58 PM »

Angie.. don't forget to wear the bunny ears Rolling Eyes

LMAO  IBE !   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.