March 28, 2024, 02:37:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #690 11/21 - 11/23/2007  (Read 200638 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #980 on: November 23, 2007, 10:59:22 AM »

Don't know if this has been posted ...

http://www.amigoe.com/english/   11/27/2007

Kalpoe brothers and Joran re-arrested

Joran van der Sloot, here on an archive picture from July 2006, probably comes to Aruba on Friday already.

ORANJESTAD -- Joran van der Sloot (20) and the brothers Deepak (24) and Satish Kalpoe (21) are re-arrested in the disappearance case of the American teenager Natalee Holloway in May of 2005 in Aruba.  They are now suspected of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway.  Citing ‘new evidence in the case’, as the Public Prosecutor formulates in a yesterday afternoon press release that surfaced during recent investigation, in which also Dutch detectives were involved.  According to Chief of Police Peter de Witte, there is ‘new evidence’ that legitimizes the suspects’ re-arrest.

Joran was taken before the examining magistrate in Arnhem, the Netherlands, where he lives.  The judge in Aruba has already decided to take Van der Sloot in custody, so the examining magistrate didn’t have to this, but he informed Van der Sloot of the contents of the arrest warrant.  Van der Sloot must go to Aruba within eight days, but he will go sooner, probably on Friday already.  The brothers Kalpoe, who were arrested in Aruba, will remain in custody for two days.

Joran van der Sloot’s lawyer in Aruba, Ariean de Bie, considers the arrest of his client as a ‘last convulsion’ of Justice.  “I consider the entire operation as a desire to take a last action as part of the closing of the investigation.”  He suspects that the case is concluded, but that the OM wants to see what’s left to effect with the arrests of Van der Sloot and his two Surinamese friends.   

Also the American lawyer of Van der Sloot, Joe Tacopina, doesn’t seem to be worried about the fate of his client and does not attach much importance to the arrest.  He assumes that the ‘new evidence’ that the OM has, does not concern his client.  He assumes that the evidence is not forensic, but more like a new witness that presented him/herself later.   

Even though lawyer Paul van der Sloot, Joran’s father, and his wife are hemmed in media people, they both wait very calm until they learn about the new evidence.  “I am not aware of new evidence”, reacted Paul van der Sloot.  “Fact is that he is arrested and we try to follow the case as good as possible.”  He has not spoken with his son yet, ‘which is usual when you are just arrested’.  As a lawyer, he does see a good chance to talk to him soon as he is in Aruba, ‘because as a suspect, you have the right to see an attorney’.   

FACTS

The OM did not say whether the new evidence was found during the domiciliary visit of Kalpoe’s- and Van der Sloot’s house.  At the end of April, some twenty forensic- and technical experts of the Dutch National Police Corps Services (KLPD) searched the house and the surrounding area again for traces. 

Aruba transferred the Holloway-dossier as a cold case to the KLPD in 2006.  By reopening the investigation, it was possible to continue considering Van der Sloot a suspect in this case.  According to the law in Aruba, a person looses the status of suspect, when the case is not brought before the court two years after the start of the person’s persecution.

But also after the Dutch KLPD-detectives have investigated the case in Aruba, it seemed that a few months ago, also they would close that case as unsolved.  They then expected the OM in Aruba to also close the case.

BETH

The mother of the American student, Beth Holloway, doesn’t want to react in person and has sent a reaction to the media via a spokesperson.  “The family is always hopefully disposed towards putting the case into the right direction.”  Her lawyer Scott Balber said that the re-arrests are certainly justified. 

Natalee’s father, Dave Holloway indicated in a TV-program that there is hope again that the police will find answers to Natalee’s disappearance.  The arrests were a big surprise for him.  An FBI-official informed him of the arrests.  He was also not told what the new evidence is.

‘Suspects have a lot to explain’

Joran van der Sloot, Deepak, and Satish Kalpoe will be confronted with the new investigation data and will have a lot to explain, says the chief district attorney Hans Mos of the Aruban Public Prosecutor to the Wereldomroep.

All three of them are suspected of the same criminal facts.  According to Mos, it can be assumed that Natalee is dead.  “We have sufficient indications to substantiate that.”

The suspects will first be confronted with the new investigation data.  “Because we are of the opinion that the data will impel them to comment on the data, because in our perception, the answers they have been giving until now in the investigation, do not concur with our investigation data.  They have a lot to explain.”

Mos doesn’t go into details on the content of the evidence, but he says: “When we talk about new serious complaints, we then talk about indications and proofs that we obtained from a thorough investigation conducted by the Aruban police corps in cooperation with officials of the Dutch police.  The investigation took place between March and June of this year and is currently being finished off.  It turned out from the investigation that the dossier contained much more information than we could assume.  That was sifted out in details.  The investigation has meanwhile continued, even when the guys were released, and that led to new clues and evidence. 

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #981 on: November 23, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »

I highly doubt Joran was talking to the Kalpoes about anything. More likely he and Paulus, or he and an unknown discussed the case and Natalee's locale. The Kalpoes probably do not know where Natalee is and talking to them would not help them move her again. They do not have the means or equipment to move Natalee again. It is also possibly Joran talked to either Anita or Valentijn.

If the KLPD wanted to speak to Joran or the Kalpoes they could have done it over the last year at anytime. They choose not to.

Joran is not on his way back to Aruba for a hearing (which may be a formality)  - he is on his way back to Aruba for a trial. Joran could have been interrogated at anytime in the last two years and he was not. He could have been interrogated in Arnheim at any time. He was not. This is not about interrogations, but preparation for a trial.

My fear at this point - Paulus is still on the street.

If anyone deserves a death sentence - it's Paulus. He perverts Justice and cause misery for people that only wanted their daughter back. He broke all the laws he was sworn to up hold.

I wish I could watch him burn in Hell for eternity.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #982 on: November 23, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »

Good Morning, All!

What on earth was Paulus doing at the courthouse already this morning?   Threatening/bribing judges?  He should not be allowed anywhere near there.

This is supposed to be a closed hearing.

Closed to all EXCEPT Paulus who is allowed to influence the judges before they ever see the evidence?

There goes that appearance of wrong doing, yet again!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: November 23, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »

Good Morning Monks.....the picture is not new...I have seen it before...it is aruba not holland.....

wiretaps??  I hope so......at least it can't be refuted and twisted

WOW...Read Gretawire this morning...it got nasty....i think the really nasty poster is a banned SM  poster....now a RU poster ..same nasty drunken mouth Shocked

Yes, I think it's an old photo too..still good to see him in handcuffs though  Wink

Yes, it got very nasty on GretaWire last night.  I checked a couple of other GW posts about Stacy Peterson and the same 2sides was doing the same BS there.  True definition of a troll.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »

More one thing - I fully expect Shango to re-appear.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #985 on: November 23, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

Please move to NCD #691

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2380.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.