May 01, 2024, 06:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which one of Joran's friends infiltrated/snitched/talked?  (Voting closed: November 26, 2007, 01:20:25 PM)
Freddy - 12 (18.8%)
Jaime - 2 (3.1%)
Koen - 6 (9.4%)
Sander - 1 (1.6%)
Andre - 0 (0%)
Guido - 4 (6.3%)
Lorenzo - 8 (12.5%)
Steve Croes - 0 (0%)
Melody - 1 (1.6%)
None of the above - 30 (46.9%)
Total Voters: 64

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #693 11/25 - 11/26/2007  (Read 225727 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: November 26, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

Anna posted that Pearl at BFN saw it was indeed Judge Smid in Aruba for the Kalpoes...he flew back to Curacao on Friday. Joran made a stop there on Friday.

our worst fears realized? geez it never ends for the prosecutor has little control over the judges

I continue to stand with the girl.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #821 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

Hugs to my San !

I'll be livid if a special meeting between Joran and anyone but a jddge or some arm of the prosecutor's office met with him on Curacao !

Could very well be...the video they just showed on Court tv (which I also saw early yesterday) shows Joran joking and lauging in the airport. HAVE WE figured out who the guy with him is??? Casually dressed baled headed guy....??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »

Anna posted that Pearl at BFN saw it was indeed Judge Smid in Aruba for the Kalpoes...he flew back to Curacao on Friday. Joran made a stop there on Friday.

our worst fears realized? geez it never ends for the prosecutor has little control over the judges

Don't you think they could have spoken by phone?  Why the need to meet up at the Curacao airport.  I'm not concerned.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: November 26, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »

Shocked

Yeah and I could just hear him now "Don't worry boys I have everything under control just following the plan and you are home free".
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »

KLAAS  Laughing Laughing I just noticed you were smoking a cigar.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »

Don't you think they could have spoken by phone?  Why the need to meet up at the Curacao airport.  I'm not concerned.

Better to speak in person than be recorded on a wire tap.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

YEP - because like Wreck and Robots I'm feeling confidant  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: November 26, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »

Better to speak in person than be recorded on a wire tap.

I doubt the judges phone is tapped, and I doubt the airport phones are tapped.  I'm just not concerned.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

Maybe they are letting Smid rehabilitate himself by putting him on trial with his new decisions. They have already said knowing what they have in the files the three should have never been released.

Morning Mishy!
  Very Happy

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: November 26, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

\

Agree, I don't think the Holland officials play the Look At Me I'm An Idiot game like their compatriots on Aruba. Must be the umbrella drinks, pot, cocaine, and bikinis, gambling, and unlimited supply of newspaper scags that does it to them. 

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #830 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

Hugs to my San !

I'll be livid if a special meeting between Joran and anyone but a jddge or some arm of the prosecutor's office met with him on Curacao !

Could very well be...the video they just showed on Court tv (which I also saw early yesterday) shows Joran joking and lauging in the airport. HAVE WE figured out who the guy with him is??? Casually dressed bald* headed guy....??
  self edit...I can spell, I just can't type  Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »

Mishy hugs to you, I lit a candle too.

Morning everyone, Mum I want to understand that stop also, for wasn't it determined that Curacao is somewhat like the jurisdictional 'seat' for the judges? Or am I mistaken?

I don't remember what the flight information was, but I know someone posted it. Is it possible that it was just a scheduled layover and nothing more? You'd think if the press had pix of him in the airport, then they'd have pix of him if he was speaking to anyone...JMO...

Trying to catch up!  All of you are too fast for me.

I think KLM often flies into Curacao instead of Aruba because of Aruba's lousy airport.  Remember they don't have actual radar working half the time there and I am not sure of the runway condition.  Think it has more to do with Curacao having the better regional radar and runway and not that many going on to Aruba to schedule a regular flight. 

The press was all over Joran at that airport so I don't think he had opportunities for making contacts.  But I do know that it is not at all unusual for KLM to land in Curacao and people have to make other connections to get on to Aruba from there.  Personally, I think they are protecting their planes doing that.

MO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: November 26, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »

Smile

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: November 26, 2007, 11:23:16 AM »

Anna - I agree
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: November 26, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »

NOTE TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE REGISTERED AND ARE WAITING FOR APPROVAL.  PLEASE TRY TO LOG ON.  YOU MAY HAVE BEEN APPROVED EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION.

IF YOU JUST REGISTERED YESTERDAY, YOU MAY NOT BE APPROVED YET.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: November 26, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »

NOTE TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE REGISTERED AND ARE WAITING FOR APPROVAL.  PLEASE TRY TO LOG ON.  YOU MAY HAVE BEEN APPROVED EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION.

this has been a public service announcement

Laughing Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: November 26, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »

this has been a public service announcement

Laughing Cool

Laughing Laughing
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: November 26, 2007, 11:30:31 AM »

Member sarge posted at RU:

If someone in LE enforcement is leaking they should be fired and arrested.
Someone could be putting false information out to try to sabotage the case too. 

This is true!!! When become there arrested in Government from Aruba and the Netherlands? When get this REALLY BAD investigators, an arrested? When??????!!!!!

NYC_lover sorry if this has already been asked of you, as my computer is slow.

Joran was 17 years old, a minor at the time that Natalee went missing. I am assuming that if he is charged it will be as a minor. Is this correct? And if so what would the likely sentence be if he is found guilty? TIA.

Klaas....if you're not worried I am not either. I'll trust your instincts on this.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #838 on: November 26, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »

Morning Monkeys!  Here's hoping Paulus and Anita haven't slept in days....I see even Klaas is smoking now.  Magnolia is right, the local news is hinting about another arrest.  I don't know where they are getting that. 

The photo of Joran in the airport tells me one thing....he looks as if he KNOWS this time is different...he knows that he is in trouble this time....he's an adult and he is being treated as an adult for the first time in his life and thanks to mommy and daddy all his sins are running at him head on.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: November 26, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »

Wiretaps May Provide New Evidence in Holloway Case
Newspaper Reports Police Recorded Phone Calls of Joran Van Der Sloot and Kalpoe Brothers
Nov. 26, 2007 —

Joran van der Sloot, the chief suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, is back in Aruba after being rearrested with two other suspects, and a Dutch newspaper report says police used wiretaps to record a conversation between the three men that might implicate them.

A judge will decide today whether police can keep him behind bars.

Van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were the last three people to see Holloway alive. Holloway's body was never found. The three men were last held as suspects two years ago, but a judge ruled there was not enough evidence to indict them in Holloway's disappearance.

Former Aruban prosecutor Helen Lejuez thinks the suspects may have assumed they were no longer being wiretapped.

"It's a long time ago and people get relaxed and maybe start talking  things they haven't said before, and prosecutors and police are sharp listeners," said Lejuez, who is now an attorney working for the teen's mother, Beth Holloway.

Today authorities will ask a judge to hold van der Sloot for at least eight more days while pursuing a case against him. Van der Sloot and the Kalpoes are being held at separate jails on the island and police spent the weekend interrogating them.

In a 2006 interview, van der Sloot told ABC News' Chris Cuomo that he had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance.

Hans Mos, Aruba's chief prosecutor, told ABC News he believes the the new evidence makes the case against the three men stronger than it was two years.

"We are convinced if we had had this evidence we have now they would not have been released by the court at that time," Mos said.

But van der Sloot's attorney believes this is nothing more than another round of questioning.

"I'm not worried about any evidence because I know Joran had nothing to do with the disappearance of Natalee," Rosemarie Arnold, one of van der Sloot's attorneys, told "Good Morning America Weekend."

Meanwhile, Natalee's father, Dave Holloway, wants to resume a search of the waters around the island. He believes there may be evidence her body may be in deeper waters off the Aruban coast than authorities first believed.

Holloway's parents are expected to arrive in Aruba by the end of the week to watch the case unfold. If the suspects aren't found guilty by Dec. 31, the statute of limitations expires and prosecutors have to drop the case.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3912737

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.