May 01, 2024, 08:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #694 11/26/2007  (Read 218422 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: November 26, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »

"Attorneys Ronald Wix and David Kock told reporters that prosecutors gave them an 11 1/2-page summary of THE EVEDENCE, and said it mostly contained segments of interrogations that had not been transcribed previously and recordings of conversations from cell phones and discussions inside the home of their client, Satish Kalpoe."

Does this mean the Kalope lawyers have all evidence against them in the 11 1/12 page report?

Or are we just guessing Mos is going to drop the bomb later this week? Anyone?

This is exactly what's making me nervous.  If their legal system is even a little like ours here in the US (yeah, I know how silly that sounds), wouldn't the prosecutors be required to provide everything new they have (discovery evidence) against their clients, and not just bits and pieces?

Again, I have to admit I'm not too optimistic about this, and it scares to ca-ca out of me to say that...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: November 26, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »

Shame on you people making fun of a slow learner!   Wink

Question - Is PvdS not employed by the defense att'y of one of the K brothers? Wouldn't that be unethical? But, yes, this is Aruba...I know, I know.  I just hope PvdS doesn't have any way of weaseling himself in to see goon boy.

oldencrabby ~  I think we are all a little bit leery of this with PvdS.  I know I am. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »

I feel pretty confident that Mos will save the best for last to insure continued incarceration.  The Kalpoes' attorneys do not know what the new evidence is yet, only the least Mos could present to keep them in jail.

The best is yet to come.

IMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #483 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »

This is the one I want to see arrested next  Laughing

Can he be arrested again if he's already been released as an official suspect?  Is there anything like "double jeopardy" in Aruban law?  Just curious...

My guess is that Aruba LE can do anything they want.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #484 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:16 PM »

He may have 11 pages but the prosecutor gave the judge a 100 page report
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #485 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »

As always,

We have all the new Fox News Videos.

http://zoltanzion.blogspot.com/

On top - Joran held 8 more days.

Next up -Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dave Holloway, Joseph Tacopina, and Ed Miller from last night.

We will have all the On the Record Videos as soon as YouTube processes them - Probably around 11 pm  - if we're lucky and Greta covers Natalee first.

***All videos courtesy of Carpe Noctem***

Have a good evening,

Ciao

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:50 PM »

Muffy thanks, I just read back to catch up post work. This is the first I've seen of the statement I highlighted in red

Wix said "90 to 95 percent" of the material in the summary file was not new.

"The legal basis for this detention is seriously questionable," Wix said. "You could almost say illegal."

Now that's some very strong language for a defense attorney to use?

They may be questioning if home bugs/taps etc. are legal??

My guess is they found new evidence in old wiretaps from 2005 and it was never in the dossier.The Attorney is trying to say that it is not new evidence. Regardless you can be assured that Hans Mos will have more evidence to present in court at the next hearing to keep them detained. He hasnt played all his cards yet  Wink

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:52 PM »

Shame on you people making fun of a slow learner!   Wink

Question - Is PvdS not employed by the defense att'y of one of the K brothers? Wouldn't that be unethical? But, yes, this is Aruba...I know, I know.  I just hope PvdS doesn't have any way of weaseling himself in to see goon boy.

oldencrabby ~  I think we are all a little bit leery of this with PvdS.  I know I am. 

Worse yet, he is a partner of Joran's attorney.  How he came to be that has always been a mystery to me, so very odd.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #488 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »

I feel pretty confident that Mos will save the best for last to insure continued incarceration.  The Kalpoes' attorneys do not know what the new evidence is yet, only the least Mos could present to keep them in jail.

The best is yet to come.

IMO

I agree Anna !
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #489 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

Coverage on Nancy Grace...now.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:23 PM »

Hi Angelina  Very Happy

Nutt - you may be correct that it's regarding the legality of wire tapping but.....I also think anywhere in the world to openly state the LE or prosecution has done anything 'illegal' prior to trial or even due defense discovery around the evidence, it's just very strong language at this point in time.

who is Wix and isn't that a new name?

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: November 26, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »

Katysmom said "My guess is that Aruba LE can do anything they want." 

Maybe so, maybe not.  But whatever they are doing they are being watched. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: November 26, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »

SNIP:

Bo Dietl:

The only way they can interrogate them is to rearrest them. It took them a long time to get the warrants. That goes back to the mainland, Venezuela and other countries in South America that have the records.... I think they're probably going to develop a case based on conflicting stories.  .... Will there be enough to convict them on a murder charge?

Here Bo Dietl goes again bringing up other areas.  Interesting--wonder what he knows about all this?  Remember his quotes the other day about (I think) pings from phones from Venezuela and Columbia?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: November 26, 2007, 08:02:49 PM »

He may have 11 pages but the prosecutor gave the judge a 100 page report

Hi Frank old friend, good to see you again.

I continue to stand with the girl.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: November 26, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »

This is exactly what's making me nervous.  If their legal system is even a little like ours here in the US (yeah, I know how silly that sounds), wouldn't the prosecutors be required to provide everything new they have (discovery evidence) against their clients, and not just bits and pieces?

Again, I have to admit I'm not too optimistic about this, and it scares to ca-ca out of me to say that...

ThirdStrike, we were told back in 2005 that the prosecutor only needs to present enough of the evidence to convince the judge that the perps should be held for questioning.  I remember reading that it sometimes is a game of strategy to reveal only enough evidence to hold the perps but not so much as to tip your hand on the part of the prosecution.  They save the bulk of the evidence for the trial, I understand.  Now, I could be wrong, but this is what I remember.

BRING NATALEE HOME
islanders
Scared Monkey

« Reply #495 on: November 26, 2007, 08:03:58 PM »

CNN is on Aruba now
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: November 26, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

Jossy Mansure and Natalee Holloway's aunt ... Linda Allison ... are on NANCY GRACE right now!!!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islanders
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »

CNN confirmed that Mos was withholding 10% of new evidence from everyone.

Also asked how they knew she was dead. Claimed that was part of the secret evidence.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »

The best is yet to come.

IMO

Correctamundo Anna. Moz only has to parcel the evidence out as he pleases. Kock is spinning, he is not so stupid to think the prosecutor laid everything out on the line today? If so he is suffering from Tacopina Syndrome. Of course he doesn't.

This is Chinese water torture for the perps' attorneys. They don't know what the prosecutor knows and won't until it hits them upside the head, just like Paulus got whacked by that wiretap.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: November 26, 2007, 08:13:56 PM »

An internet cafe to internet cafe message (that might have been intercepted) such as:

"Do you think they can really find that cage/barrel, with those ships?"

Would be a whole lot less than 10%, but pretty significant.

A message from the water would be less than 10%.

Shoot, depending on what it is, <0.1% could be damning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.