March 28, 2024, 03:21:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #697 11/29 - 11/30/2007  (Read 236864 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: November 30, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »

Wallace.

I knew Roger Ailles but Chris Wallace is a total surprise.  That might explain a few things, lol.  He is sort of goofy.

MOO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:26 AM »

If Hans Mos is exactly who he claims to be and wants to solve this case,then he would sit down for a few hours with Beth and Dave Holloway. I can't even imagine how much evidence was ignored,destroyed or sabataged before him and his team took over.

******* ... I agree.   Sad

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
9:45 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:30 AM »

Okay. So Greta went down and came back. Did she meet her young man one-on-one, err, for an interview? And was she all happy with a nice rosy flush to her face? . . . Probably.

I can still see her face on TV, tell all her support for her Urine, that poor Urine is just misunderstood. Poor, poor Urine. She tends to believe him. . . . My question to her is: Which of his lies are you, Greta, tending to believe? That he walked home from the beach? That the Kalpoes dropped him off at his home first? That Deepak gave him a ride home? etc., etc. . . . Yeah, Greta is a piece of work.

Nowadays, I sorta try to just catch up at night for a little bit on what's going on with the case. I've still a suspicion that stuff ain't going to be all allowed to come out. And that it might still take another year or two before the crucial info actually is dumped on the public (perhaps through exposes, magazine articles, and books). Money tends to loosen tongues, and time often puts those tongues in situations where they really want some money.

Actually no, she didn't meet with Joran.  Joran is in jail/KIA and he is only allowed to see his attorney, not even family members.

Greta met with Jossy, Hans Mos and the K2's attorneys and that's about it.  She was only there about a day and a half.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: November 30, 2007, 12:47:02 AM »

Nite Janet
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: November 30, 2007, 12:51:18 AM »

Joran doesn't like it in jail!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: November 30, 2007, 12:54:05 AM »

Joran wants his favorite books to read.  Maybe Joe T can take them to him.

PERSONA NON GRATA

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: November 30, 2007, 12:56:38 AM »

Regarding the search....

At a Rotary Club meeting  Wink a few years back, we had a speaker who was involved in the search for Amelia Earhart's plane. He was actually involved in the 2002 (I think) search that was abandoned because of technical problems. Anyway, the search has been difficult and as far as I know, the plane has still not been found.

Searchers have theorized (?) where they might have gone down from their last radio transmissions, etc., and they are searching probably a 1000 mile radius (I'm guessing), and the waters may be much deeper, but success has been elusive.

My point is that those searching for Natalee must have some really good information. While the ocean may not be as deep, etc., it seems it would be much harder to find a body than a metal plane.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: November 30, 2007, 12:56:44 AM »

Anna   - lol  Laughing
NCDan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:53 AM »

Is there anything significant in the fact that Beth and JQK are talking to CNN? Are they avoiding Fox? Can Greta only get Taco Joe and nobody else? There's a lot of negative spin coming from Fox. Should we be tracking CNN more? Just asking.

CNN is more optimistic than FOX; posted about 2 hours ago by Susan Candiaotti:

By Susan Candiotti
CNN
Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- The chief prosecutor in the Natalee Holloway investigation has agreed to meet Saturday with the parents of the missing Alabama teen, who is presumed dead.
art.natalee.jpg

Natalee Holloway disappeared while on vacation in Aruba with classmates in 2005.
Click to view previous image
1 of 4
Click to view next image

"I'm really anxious to meet him," Beth Holloway told CNN. "I've waited a long time for this meeting."

A lawyer for Beth Holloway contacted prosecutor Hans Mos last week after suspects Joran van der Sloot and brothers Satish and Deepak Kalpoe were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

"There's no doubt in my mind that [Natalee Holloway] is dead. ... I think we have enough evidence to prove the girl is not alive anymore, even without a body," Mos said last week.

Natalee Holloway's mother said she has hope that Mos will be able to solve the case.

"He seems great. The case seems to be handled well. I'm going to ask him some long-awaited questions," she said.

The family is encouraged that the meeting will take place, Holloway attorney John Kelly told CNN. Two years ago, the previous chief prosecutor -- who has since returned to the Netherlands -- would not sit down with them.
Don't Miss

* Suspect complains about jail treatment
    * Dutch man to stay in custody in Holloway case
    * Prosecutor: 'No doubt' Natalee Holloway is dead

Kelly said Beth Holloway and her ex-husband, Dave, want to share information they've gathered since their daughter disappeared in May 2005 while on vacation with about 100 classmates. See a timeline of the case »

Neither he nor Beth Holloway would provide details.

Questions about evidence

Lawyers for the three suspects were in court in Aruba on Thursday on behalf of their clients. They argued that last week's rearrests were baseless and that prosecutors have no new evidence against their clients. They said they have no idea what happened to Holloway.

As he rushed out of the closed hearing before a judge, van der Sloot's lawyer told CNN that authorities have no reason to hold van der Sloot in jail again as they did two years ago. He said the so-called new incriminating evidence is worthless.

"To say it's less than nothing is too much. But it's not very much. It's very, very thin," Ariean de Bie said.

Van der Sloot's parents were allowed to provide him with a Bible but no other reading materials, the lawyer said. Van der Sloot is forbidden from seeing any visitors and can meet only with his lawyers and interrogators.

De Bie said van der Sloot has not provided authorities with any new information since his rearrest and extradition from the Netherlands, where he'd been attending college. He said his client would rather be anywhere than in a prison cell.

"He's not very happy about it," the attorney said.

Van der Sloot's co-counsel -- New York attorney Joe Tacopina -- said he has no doubt his client is innocent.

"Whatever they're holding in their bag, (NCDan i.e. recognition they may have something) whatever they don't want to show anyone ... it's not going to amount to a hill of beans against Joran van der Sloot because he had no involvement in Natalee's disappearance," Tacopina told CNN.

Tacopina said he'll be in Aruba next week and try to meet with van der Sloot in his jail cell.

Attorneys for the Kalpoe brothers will meet with a judge in separate jailhouse hearings Friday to argue that their clients should be set free and not held another eight days.

A judge will decide whether prosecutors can continue to hold the Kalpoes even longer. (NCDan Thus it has not yet been determined in spite of surferboy's comments)
Van der Sloot will have a similar hearing next Friday when prosecutors are expected to ask to keep him jailed another 60 days.

Mos has said he hopes to decide by the end of the year whether he will try all three suspects for Holloway's presumed death, which he suggests was an accident. The prosecutor won't say what his new evidence is until his investigation is complete. (NCDan Thus CNN is not pushing a scenario where the evidence must nbe seen NOW)
New search for remains

The Holloways still have not given up the search for their daughter. In fact, a benefactor is donating an estimated $500,000 to help map the waters offshore.

On Thursday, Natalee's father watched Louis Schaeffer's crew load a boat equipped with the latest sonar equipment and a remote operated vehicle (ROV) to search the waters where Holloway's remains might be.

"I've got a feeling that if she's in the ocean, these guys are gonna find her," Dave Holloway said. "No doubt about it." Video Watch an interview with Natalee Holloway's father »

Schaeffer said he's retired, has the money, and was touched by the Holloways' tragedy and wanted to help.

"My only objective is to find Natalee, to bring her home for Dave and Beth and also to help identify the people that did this to her. This is a terrible thing, an injustice, and I want to help solve the case," said Schaeffer.

"We've known since [May 2005], the FBI told us Natalee's not with us anymore," Dave Holloway said.

The boat is expected to take about 10 days to get to Aruba. It'll take a few more days to set up a search.

The family says it has no new information about where to look. The Holloways just want to exhaust every area they can offshore with equipment that wasn't available to them two years ago.
advertisement

Thanks to Schaefer, that's changed.

"We are just so thankful that he's got a big heart and willing to do that," Dave Holloway said. E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend

CNN's Tracy Sabo contributed to this report.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2007, 12:59:19 AM »

Anna   - lol  Laughing

Well, maybe not funny.  Feel free to delete in inappropriate.  Just want the boy to have his favs.

And a calendar for him, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2007, 01:04:23 AM »

Okay, I should not post after a trip to the bar (COWBOY victory by the way).
WE are all on the right side here. If you have faith in a higher power -- have faith that we will see justice and truth.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: November 30, 2007, 01:10:34 AM »

NCDan,

Yes, I agree that sounds much more positive!

I wonder if some people really want justice for Natalee.  Those Defense Attorneys have a job to do but I have had my fill of them especially Joe T.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2007, 01:13:38 AM »

WE are all on the right side here. If you have faith in a higher power -- have faith that we will see justice and truth.

I have faith and I'm feeling confident!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2007, 01:17:35 AM »

Am going to try to stay awake and listen to Greta again as she has information on other cases.  Again she kept Natalee's coverage until the very last few minutes so people would watch the rest of her program.

So tomorrow the Kalpoes will be detained but even if they were to be released, it doesn't mean Mos has nothing, just that he is not ready to release it to the judge.  I think he will give just enough to keep them in jail and not one crumb more.

Goodnight!

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2007, 01:18:41 AM »

I'll try not to get too sappy here, but I agree with you Wreck. I have comforted myself many times in this case when I think about Natalee that night, believing that we may not know exactly what happened, but God knows. He saw it all and Natalee was not alone in her dying moments. The truth has a different weight than lies and different properties. It has a way of bubbling up no matter how deeply it's buried. Those who caused her pain and death were seen. I wouldn't want to walk through life with a Sovereign God being a witness to what I had done and knowing He hears me continuing to lie about it. I think He's the reason truth holds the properties I mentioned. Huh-uh, I wouldn't be in their shoes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2007, 01:18:48 AM »

Nite Anna
brerlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2007, 01:19:43 AM »

I'm going to wait a bit longer, w.r.t., Mos.

I still remember when DumbPig first took charge. Yup. I'm going to wait a bit.

And the original main Aruba LE investigators are still in their lead positions in the investigation.

Yup. I'm going to wait a bit longer before I'm all "rah! rah!" and all hopping on the bandwagon. They (ALE/Dutch) have to first deliver something substantial first, especially considering their past history.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #597 on: November 30, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »

I'm still at the office, and have been working a little in between posts!  Laughing I'm going to brave the cold and get out of here. I'll check in when I get home!  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:07 AM »

I'm going to wait a bit longer, w.r.t., Mos.

I still remember when DumbPig first took charge. Yup. I'm going to wait a bit.

And the original main Aruba LE investigators are still in their lead positions in the investigation.

Yup. I'm going to wait a bit longer before I'm all "rah! rah!" and all hopping on the bandwagon. They (ALE/Dutch) have to first deliver something substantial first, especially considering their past history.

I understand.  Keep in mind Mos is the prosecutor and Dompig was just the acting Police Chief.  There are only a few of the original ALE on the case and they are hand picked by the special KLPD team. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:51 AM »

I'm still at the office, and have been working a little in between posts!  Laughing I'm going to brave the cold and get out of here. I'll check in when I get home!  Wink

OK  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.