April 19, 2024, 08:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #697 11/29 - 11/30/2007  (Read 237221 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: November 30, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »

Mark 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."

Mark 11:23 "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him."

Have faith, monkeys. 

I have been thinking for two days:   "If you have faith as a mustard seed,
nothing is impossible to you."

Yep, exactly!  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

This was the latest report:
It is the Kalpoe lawyers that said one or both of them may be
released
.  The judge has until 4:30 tomorrow to make that decision.
The reporter says that things have suddenly gotten confusing.
Kalpoe lawyers are talking.
Mos has been quiet since yesterday.  Mos has a PR person!
Mos may make a statement later today.
Reporter has no idea why the news conference was canceled.
Like I said, what would you expect the defense attorneys to say?

This is nothing new.  The Kalpoes attorneys have been saying this all along.  JoeT said that about Joran when he arrived in Aruba and JoeT was WRONG.  Do not listen to the defense attorneys!

ALSO - as of right now NOTHING at RU about a release, NOTHING on Greta's blog about a release.

DO NOT listen to the defense attorneys!
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »

I think I'm gonna start praying for Hans Mos. If he is on the up and up, he's going to have a tough road to travel. If he's a good guy, he's being attacked from all sides.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: November 30, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »

This was the latest report:
It is the Kalpoe lawyers that said one or both of them may be
released
.  The judge has until 4:30 tomorrow to make that decision.
The reporter says that things have suddenly gotten confusing.
Kalpoe lawyers are talking.
Mos has been quiet since yesterday.  Mos has a PR person!
Mos may make a statement later today.
Reporter has no idea why the news conference was canceled.
Like I said, what would you expect the defense attorneys to say?

This is nothing new.  The Kalpoes attorneys have been saying this all along.  JoeT said that about Joran when he arrived in Aruba and JoeT was WRONG.  Do not listen to the defense attorneys!

ALSO - as of right now NOTHING at RU about a release, NOTHING on Greta's blog about a release.

keeping my fingers crossed here!!!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: November 30, 2007, 01:09:14 PM »

I LOVE your new saying robots!!  Mos IS the Boss!!!

Everything will be okay, mos has it under control. He just cant let everything out so soon, all at the same time, it could damage the case he has built against j2k and pvds, and probably others too giving them all he knows so soon. I also think he KNOWS that Tim, Mr. Shaefer and The Perseverence WILL find Natalee's body, which may be what he is trying to hold out for, because that will be the icing on the cake. At that time it will all be over but the paperwork. I feel very safe in believing this. Have faith! At this point we will be disappointed anyway if it doesnt work out, so why not think positive and give Mr Mos credit for going the distance. If he doesnt then we can be disappointed THEN, but no need to yet. This really is a battle of the good against the bad, and I totally believe this time good is gonna win. I think we should be hunting for our pom poms so we can cheer Mr. Mos and the crew of The Perseverence soon!!

You Go GabbyG...You are right on... Hang in there monkeys.  Surely we didn't expect things to get easy here in the homestretch did we? 

We gotta Keep on Keepin' on - For Natalee.  Have Faith. 

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:51 PM »

http://www.wacotrib.com:80/news/content/news/stories/2007/11/30/11302007wacrachelallison.html?imw=Y

Despite being separated by state lines, cousins Rachel Allison (right) and Natalee Holloway (center) were together for all the holidays and special visits in the summer. At left is their cousin, Phillisha Holloway

On visits to Jonesboro, Ark., Natalee Holloway (left) would go down to the river with her cousin, Rachel Allison.

By the time they could walk, cousins Natalee Holloway (left) and Rachel Allison already were fast friends.

Natalee Holloway (right), seen with cousin Rachel Allison, has been missing since May 30, 2005, when she failed to board a return flight from Aruba

Baylor basketball's Rachel Allison lives with the memory of her missing cousin, Natalee Holloway

Friday, November 30, 2007

By Jerry Hill

Tribune-Herald assistant sports editor

Not a day goes by that Rachel Allison doesn’t think of her cousin. And cry.

Nearly 2 1/2 years later, it’s still painful for the Baylor University junior basketball player even to talk about the mysterious disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

The Alabama teenager was discovered missing on May 30, 2005, when she didn’t show up for her return flight on a graduation trip to Aruba.

As first cousins separated by state lines, Allison and Holloway were close growing up. But “we had made all these plans that when we got older we were going to try to live closer to each other, because we didn’t get to see each other enough growing up,” Allison said.

“She was my only first cousin and the only girl that was my age on either side of the family,” said Allison, 20, who grew up in Jonesboro, Ark. “All the major holidays were spent together, and she’d come down to Arkansas in the summer, and we’d go to the river. In the summers, we’d call each other a lot.”

Even if she wanted to, Allison couldn’t get away from the tragic story.

On Nov. 21, Joran van der Sloot from the Netherlands and Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were rearrested on suspicion of involvement in Holloway’s death. Although her body never has been found, Aruban officials believe she was kidnapped and murdered.

“People will say something like, ‘Oh, that happened three years ago, Rachel, you should be over it by now.’ ” Allison said.

“Well, maybe I would be if it wasn’t in the news every single day. And I have to hear my family talk about it, because it’s obviously something going on in our lives and something we’re having to deal with.”

Unfulfilled plans

A two-time all-state high school basketball and volleyball player, Allison decided to leave her family roots and signed with Baylor over scholarship offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Mississippi, Louisiana Tech, Colorado, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt. Her mother, father and brother had played intercollegiate sports at Arkansas State in her hometown of Jonesboro.

But it was a happy day when Allison “got dropped off for college” in late May 2005, just before the start of Baylor’s first summer session.

“I think it was the summer before I got here, and (Natalee) had just found out about me going to Baylor,” Allison said. “And she’s like, ‘I’m so proud of you. I can’t wait to watch you play next year. I’ve told all my friends you’re going to Baylor. I’ve got some friends going to Baylor. I’m going to come see you all the time.’ ”

Within a matter of days of Allison’s arrival at Baylor, though, the family received the news of Holloway’s disappearance.

After graduating from Mountain Brook High School, located in an upscale suburb of Birmingham, Ala., Holloway joined 124 fellow students for a five-day trip to Aruba.

Not on return flight

According to police reports, Holloway was last seen leaving Carlos ’n Charlie’s bar and grill in Oranjestad at about 1:30 a.m. with van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers. When Holloway did not show up for her return flight later that day, her passport, packed luggage, camera and cell phone were found in her hotel room.

Linda Allison, Rachel’s mother, joined a massive search party that summer that included thousands of volunteers, Texas EquuSearch, Aruban and Dutch soldiers, police and FBI agents. Linda Allison’s brother, Dave Holloway, is Natalee’s father.

“My mom was in Aruba all summer, so I didn’t even see her,” Allison said. “And I was going home almost every weekend, so it was difficult. It’s difficult now.”

Away from home for the first time, Allison said there were nights “where I would come home and just lay on my bed and cry.”

She was the lone outsider in a campus apartment that housed fellow freshmen Jhasmin Player, Jessica Morrow and Tricia Abbott, who were all from the Houston area and had played together for years on the same AAU basketball team.

“As you can imagine, I had no one here to talk to, because I had just met my roommates. I didn’t really know any of them,” Allison said.

But that summer was when she also found out how supportive a team can be. Even a team full of strangers.

“Bernice (Mosby), Sophia (Young), they all took care of me,” Allison said. “So it was nice, right off the bat, to see how your team comes together. And they didn’t even know me. But they knew what was going on, so they were very supportive.

“All the girls were great.”

‘Just hope and pray’

Through her own pain, Allison also marveled at what a “rock” her mom has been.

“She’s been there for my uncle, 100 percent, the whole time,” Rachel said. “They all went to Aruba that summer to help look, and then she’s been down to Mississippi to see him. She’s done interviews. She’s just a wonderful lady.”

Linda Allison and Rachel’s dad, Tim Allison, rarely miss games in Waco and will travel up to eight hours for road trips to Big 12 Conference games. But there were anxious moments the last two years, when Allison and the Lady Bears played at tournaments in Mexico and the Bahamas.

“They would talk to the coaches before and be like, ‘Keep an eye on Rachel,’ ” she said. “But the chances of something like that happening are very slim.”

But as Allison and her family know all too sadly, it can happen. They’ve lived through the nightmare.

And even though the Aruban officials believe Holloway is dead, without a body there has been no closure for Allison or anyone else close to Natalee Holloway.

“Not really,” Allison said. “You just hope and pray.”

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #786 on: November 30, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »

And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"

Matthew 14:28-31

Monkeys - please keep believing. 

I Stand With The Girl
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: November 30, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »

Mark 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."

Mark 11:23 "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him."

Have faith, monkeys. 

I have been thinking for two days:   "If you have faith as a mustard seed,
nothing is impossible to you."

Yep, exactly!  Wink
Absolutely Monkeys. Have faith. Keep praying, it is in God's hands.

I want them to only prosecute if  jpk2 will be convicted. Otherwise, keep them as suspects, let them out again and just when they think they are getting their lives back pull the F'ers back in jail. Repeat.

Good you see you BT!!!!!

back to work for me  Sad

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: November 30, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »

Posted by Lazlo at RU:

Lazlo Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:15 pm   
Decision about Kalpoes detention may take til tomorrow

The judge wants all the time he needs to take this decision and therefor the decision is delayed, maybe later in the afternoon, but can also be tomorrow.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: November 30, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »

Lovely photos. Brings back fresh awareness about what a great loss the family suffered.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: November 30, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »

Just reported on ABC 33/40 Birmingham.
Has Mos was suppose to hold a news conference at 11:00 this morning
Aruban time to discuss yesterday's rulings.
News Conference was unexpectly cancelled at the last minute.
Unofficial word is that one of the Kalpoes will be released today.
Also that Dave and Beth will be arriving on Aruba later today to
meet with Mos tomorrow.

If this is true about one of the K2 being released, my bet would be on Satish...

Bring Natalee home...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: November 30, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »

From Gibran

Be silent, my heart, until Dawn comes;
Be silent and attend my story;
Yesterday my thoughts were a boat sailing
Amidst the waves in the sea, and moving
With the winds from one land to another,
And my boat was empty except of seven
Jars of rainbow colors' and time
Came when I grew weary of moving about
On the face of the sea, and I said to
Myself, "I shall return with the empty
Boat of my thoughts to the harbor of the
Isle of my birth.

I entered the harbor of the isle of my
Birth, and the people surged to meet me
With singing and merriment  And the
Throngs invited me to enter the city;
And they were plucking their instruments
And sounding their tambourines.

Such welcome was mine...

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »

meet with Mos tomorrow.

If this is true about one of the K2 being released, my bet would be on Satish...

Not mentally competent to stand trial?
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

Posted by Lazlo at RU:

Lazlo Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:15 pm   
Decision about Kalpoes detention may take til tomorrow

The judge wants all the time he needs to take this decision and therefor the decision is delayed, maybe later in the afternoon, but can also be tomorrow.

translation:
the judge is waiting for his payoff

What a crock.  All the evidence is heard, whats so hard about making the decision?

Something smells in Aruba. AGAIN! Mad Mad Mad
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: November 30, 2007, 01:24:22 PM »

Never Give Up!

BY MARTIN FARQUHAR TUPPER.

Never give up! its wiser and better
Always to hope than once to despair:
Fling off the load of Doubt's cankering fetter,
And break the dark spell of tyrannical care:
Never give up! or the burthen may sink you—
Providence kindly has mingled the cup,
And in all trials or troubles, bethink you,
The watchword of life must be, Never give up!

Never give up! there are chances and changes
Helping the hopeful a hundred to one,
And, through the chaos, High Wisdom arranges
Every success—if you'll only hope on:
Never give up! for the wisest, is boldest,
Knowing that Providence mingles the cup,
And of all maxims the best as the oldest,
Is the true watchword of Never give up.

Never give up! though the grape shot may rattle,
Or the full thunder cloud over you burst,
Stand like a rock, and the storm or the battle
Little shall harm you though doing their worst:
Never give up! if adversity presses
Providence wisely has mingled the cup,
And the best counsel, in all your distresses,
Is the stout watchword of Never give up.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: November 30, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »

OK Klaas ... I will not listen to the defence but ... it does appear that in Aruba the defence are the first to know.

Janet

+++++++++++

LOVING NATALEE
Beth Holloway

Page 182
- Helen is very positive.  "It looks good that they will remain in custody" she says.  Then just three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!".

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information. So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island from the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me that it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #796 on: November 30, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »

If the suspects are released, you can bet they will be tearing down the walls looking for "bugs".

In My Opinion
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: November 30, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »

OK Klaas ... I will not listen to the defence but ... it does appear that in Aruba the defence are the first to know.

Janet

+++++++++++

LOVING NATALEE
Beth Holloway

Page 182
- Helen is very positive.  "It looks good that they will remain in custody" she says.  Then just three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!".

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information. So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island from the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me that it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

That's the way they used to roll under the old "regime".  It's not happening that way any more.  Last time, the DEFENSE was running the investigation! 

Not on Mos's watch!  That's the big difference here.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: November 30, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »

People Magazine 12/10/07

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: November 30, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »

meet with Mos tomorrow.

Not mentally competent to stand trial?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.