April 27, 2024, 01:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #698 11/30/2007  (Read 234047 times)
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »

Why is there such a wide gulf between the prosecution's definition of evidence and ... the judges' definition of evidence?

Janet

Because their justice system has no backbone?

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »

REMINDER

JOSSY WILL BE ON THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT.  PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE FOR JOSSY IN THIS THREAD AND I'LL FORWARD TO DANA PRIOR TO THE SHOW:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2404.0

OK, Klaas,

Jossy said duct tape and Joe T so here he goes!

I vote we tape him up head to toe like a mummy !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2007, 05:39:36 PM »

The judge said SEVERE SUSPICIONS against the Kalpoes.  It's just that their charges are so much less than Sloots.  For that reason they are being released pending charges and a trial.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2007, 05:40:53 PM »

Up next on the Big Story - Fox,  Aruba update (probably the same).  Hopefully they have the presser soon.   Wonder if Greta's spoken to Beth again, she was s'posed to call her back in an hour.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »

Don't you also wonder if Greta revealed to Beth "oh Renfro called me with the news" ?

Would she be that insensitive? I am beginning to think the answer is yes  Sad

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2007, 05:42:29 PM »

On GretaBlog

FRIDAY UPDATE, 5:35pm - just spoke to John Q. Kelly….he is in Aruba with Natalee’s parents…it sounds like their meeting with the Chief Prosecutor will go forward…

Thank God!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »

Kalpoe Charges

Canary writes: "Dop Kruimel says the Kalpoes werent detained for manslaughter, but for disposing of the body and for destroying leads in this case..."

Really?

That's not what the original news reports said.

This is starting to have that old Aruban 3 card monte feeling.  Where nobody can report or recite actual facts about actual factual happenings.

But if this is true, then it is sloot alone who is held for involuntary manslaughter and the Kalpoe's were essentially acessories after the fact.  This might be bad news for sloot.

Correction Hammer - VOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »

On GretaBlog

FRIDAY UPDATE, 5:35pm - just spoke to John Q. Kelly….he is in Aruba with Natalee’s parents…it sounds like their meeting with the Chief Prosecutor will go forward…

Thank God!

Yes! 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »

I think what Mos was trying to do was to charge the Kalpoes as just as culpable as Joran for assisting in the body disposal and hiding evidence. The judge decided that their involvement did not rise to equal culpability as "Voluntary Manslaughter." All this means is that they will be only tried as accessories -- not manslaughter. (I think they SHOULD be held just as accountable -- but I can live with decision so long as Joran (and Paulus) are nailed to the wall)

the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »

Voluntary, Not Involuntary

Right.  Thanks for correction.  I actually knew that.

And since Mos had provided details and explanations of the charges "against the suspects"  THEN he should have been just as clear in stating that these charges applied to sloot only.

Isn't this the first time anyone here or elsewhere is hearing the Kalpoe's were being held for "disposing of body" and "destroying evidence?"

So Kalpoes are held on crime of destroying evidence -- but have to be released because there isn't enough evidence to hold them longer? 

That's Aruban justice for you.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »

I think what Mos was trying to do was to charge the Kalpoes as just as culpable as Joran for assisting in the body disposal and hiding evidence. The judge decided that their involvement did not rise to equal culpability as "Voluntary Manslaughter." All this means is that they will be only tried as accessories -- not manslaughter. (I think they SHOULD be held just as accountable -- but I can live with decision so long as Joran (and Paulus) are nailed to the wall)

Yes and maybe by arresting all 3 of them with voluntary manslaughter charges was enough to make 2K tell all they knew. 
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2007, 05:48:20 PM »

Ugh!!! Tito in the phone with FOX.  Can barely understand him.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2007, 05:48:53 PM »

Glad to hear JQK is in Aruba with Beth and Dave
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2007, 05:50:15 PM »

And since Mos had provided details and explanations of the charges "against the suspects"  THEN he should have been just as clear in stating that these charges applied to sloot only.

Isn't this the first time anyone here or elsewhere is hearing the Kalpoe's were being held for "disposing of body" and "destroying evidence?"

So Kalpoes are held on crime of destroying evidence -- but have to be released because there isn't enough evidence to hold them longer? 

I think Mos is only guilty of trying to over-prosecute the Kalpoes. (Again, I think the Kalpoes should be fried as well -- but I can see the Judge's point)

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2007, 05:50:42 PM »

Lazlo at RU said it is because there is not enough evidence to hold them
Lazlo  PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 pm         

Probably mentioned already, but just in case, the Dutch media reports that the judge has ruled them to be released because he felt there was not enough evidence against Kalpoe brothers to hold them any longer.

Yes and this doesn't mean that there isn't more evidence.  MOS is holding more.  Much more.

Mos said he would drop the case in 30 days if it was not prosecutable. He didnt have enough to hold the Kalpoes in detention. He wouldnt be sandbagging if he was going to charge in 30 days. He would put up enough new evidence to hold them for charges. He did say this detention was a "last attempt" to get to the truth.

In My Opinion
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »

well said Hammer, it's not as if Mos didn't have ample opportunity to state it all correctly in his interviews.

I'm so relieved to know JKelly is there also, thank you Dihannah, I hope he lets his knuckles show a bit for I'm unsure if anything less than that gets an ounce of truth out of Aruba.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2007, 05:53:59 PM »

REMINDER

JOSSY WILL BE ON THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT.  PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE FOR JOSSY IN THIS THREAD AND I'LL FORWARD TO DANA PRIOR TO THE SHOW:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2404.0

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »

On GretaBlog

Thank God!

Yes! I think it's extremely important this meeting takes place for many reasons..It should be interesting what Mos tells them about the fine police work of Van Der Straaten and Jacobs and the rest of them that killed this case.

Since when do Murder and Kidnapping suspects get immunity from having there houses searched? Confessions that were retracted and blood that turned into chocolate? Paul Van Der Sloots best friend was the Police Chief are you kidding me?? BS!!  Wink
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 05:57:11 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Canary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »

Klass thanks for fixing my posting situation.

It has always been my belief that JVS did the deed and the Kalpoes were accessories so I am not too upset by this  YET!

The judge seems to be somehow agreeing that though there is serious evidence the Kalpoes were accessories after the fact, as we call it, this is not as serious a charge and therefore they don't need to stay in jail until and if convicted.  I remember reading these rules in Dutch law - that the pretrial detention or accusation detention was not as easy for a lesser crime. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »

Ok...I have a frozen margarita in hand

something has been bothering me...Mos said he promised the k2's to close this by 12/31...that bothered me...

someone posted something today..copied from someplace...(no I am not drunk yet...just can't remember who posted it or from where)....deepak said to someone...tell the truth....cause his 8 days were over and he was walking out...HE KNEW he was being released.....

so..... have they been confront with what was learned from the 'new recordings' and did they confirm what ever and were promised to be set free if they gave evidence against the pervert killer???

I know I might be grasping at straws here...but I gotta go with the half of me that still believes

the 8 day remark was from 2005. It was only repeated on the boards today.

oh lordy...thanks...that has bothered me all aftrnoon

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.