April 26, 2024, 05:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MR. NONESUCHE - MAY YOU REST IN PEACE  (Read 31457 times)
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2006, 01:23:22 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
LEP - HUGS to you, I feel sure your mother felt you with her and knew you ensured she had best of care throughout. Our greatest sympathy to you for your loss, you remain in our prayers and we send you our support.

Thank you for your continued posts, I know it's been days since we lost him but it feels like only moments, there is still so much to do with loose ends that occupy each day. I have many emails from many of you, please know I appreciate all of them, each and every one. It's still hard to write personal emails for my heart is still hurting very much, but I'm working my way through some each day. Please know I will be in touch soon.

Yesterday after getting my son on his flight back to school, something happened on my drive to pick up pet food on a four-lane highway close to our home. I had just turned into the four-lane roadway in rush hour traffic, a young man on a moped coming in the opposite direction made a reckless left turn right in front of me. I slammed on brakes and the car next to me was not as lucky, they collided with him and he flew up into the air and crashed through their windshield. Luckily everyone survived, but son had wanted to drive the convertible to the airport and the moped rider's helmet landed in my front seat along with glass and other parts blown off the moped.

Needless to say I was in tears as I called 911 from my car, but later my hands shook as I moved my car to wait with the victims for the ambulance and police. I have to wonder if Rick was watching over me, my daughter and I have decided perhaps he is and yesterday was to comfort me in some way that he can and will protect us. I was in the lane closest to this young man.....

God bless all of you and I hope we all feel guardian angels in our lives.

None, I was saddened by the forum news that your beloved Rick had past away last Friday.  I have been busy with my own life's doling of crap, and wasn't able to let you know I was praying for the best of outcomes for you and yours.
I hope you can try to find solace in the fact that he is no longer suffering, and is safe and well in his maker's soothing arms. He is now surrounded by the greatest love of all, built from the fondation of his family's love. I doubt if he would want you to grieve much. Instead I feel he would want you to cherish the time you had together in learning to smile again. Although our loved ones must some day leave us, the love will always remain.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Quote from: "AZSunny"
Quote from: "Lake Erie Princess"
i waited until the mortician took my mother on 8/15.
after she was gone i asked if i could keep the sheet she died under.
it was on her and it smelled like my dear mother. i brought it home
and slept with it. i found some comfort from that.

LEP,  my Dad died 8 years ago next month.  I kept his hat and jacket.  When I miss him terribly, and i still do every day,  I take out the boxed hat and jacket.  It stills smells like him and brings back such a wonderful flood of memories.   Hold on to that sheet,  it is like a wonderful secruity blanket of memories.   Hugs...

I kept the key to my father's place. It was in his pocket when he collapsed. I've carried his very old Marine dress uniform jacket with me through many moves in my adult life. One of my nephews, who is 21 years old, saw it during my recent move. He asked if he could have it. He never knew my father. I told him that I would gladly pass it on to him.

Justinsmama,

My Dad was a retired Commander in the Navy..it is his uniform hat and a casual jacket that I keep close to me.  Both my brother and my nephew are Annapolis graduates, and I know that it will eventually go to them.  But is mine now, with all the wonderful smells and memories.  He was buried in his uniform as he wished.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »

None,
May you find peace and comfort in remembering the wonderful joy and laughter you shared with Mr. None.  Your family is in my prayers.
JerseyMom

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
   that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
   which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
   at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
   that it always was.
Let it be spoken without affect,
   without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
   because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you,
  for an interval,
     somewhere very near,
       just around the corner.

All is well.

Death is Nothing at All
by Henry Scott Holland
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2006, 07:09:13 PM »

Misgivings, thank you for remembering us, it means a great deal to me.

JerseyMom, Thank you. I had not seen that poem and will make a copy for us, for finding a way to laughter and smiles again is perhaps the hardest. The children seem to help me, for they each have their own ways of dealing with the loss and at times I find strength within how they cope.

Our daughter has started a journal now, she's so fearful she may forget a special moment or a 'story' as she calls it, and I'm encouraging her to write and often. She found this quote and shared it with me finding it meaningful, and seeing the daughters posting on this thread who so loved their fathers also, I thought I would share it for it's quite touching.

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."
- John Gregory Braun

I continue to stand with the girl.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2006, 07:14:43 PM »

Hey sweetie...

Nice to see you~

Hugs-
J

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2006, 12:11:21 AM »

Hi None,

I hadn't been to SM much this past week, so I didn't know this thread existed until tonight.  I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. I know your heart must be heavy with sadness.  This poem has made me feel better about my lost loved ones, so I will share it with you.

THE BROKEN CHAIN

We little knew that morning that God was going to all your name,

In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone,

For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide,

And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,

But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

--Author Unknown

May God ease your suffering heart tonight and always.
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2006, 01:10:37 AM »

None~
I hope you are feeling better after your loss.

I think of you often and say a prayer for you.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2006, 05:09:21 AM »

This is for all the monkeys who have given so generously of their prayers and their support and sympathy.

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=2825801982378M129569773Y

None,

Thank you for the beautiful card.  I have been thinking of you and your family a lot.  I have been praying that each of you receives what you need to be comforted.

Take time to savor the memories, and do things in your own time.

Thanks for sharing the love you and your husband have with us.  Thank you also for posting the picture of him.  A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

Love you.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »

Dear NONE and FAMILY:

After the passing of your beloved Rick it seemed my words would be too inadequate, and I felt the grief for you deeply.  I was hoping that with a little time I would find the right words to express my love and support, and my sadness at the passing of someone I know will be missed so much.

That has not happened.  Words are still inadequate.  Just please know that I will be thinking of you for days, months, perhaps years to come, and wishing that you will again find rainbows, butterflies, laughter, and solice in the memories of the time you had together.  When you feel the need, please reach out to the Monkeys here that love you.

God Bless.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »

Jacq, Sunfreak2, LEP, Bearleythere and Appeals-

Thank you, it is good to sign in and read all of the caring and thoughtful posts you have made for us. I've made a copy today for my family of all of your posts, something we can keep in a large book/photo journal we are building for our memories.

Moving through this grief process is more challenging than I had imagined, it's hard to see a clear path beyond the pain just now, but we are trying. For him and for ourselves, we are trying.

A dear SM friend put me in touch with the symbolism of the butterfly and somehow it is a comfort to me, to change my avatar to something reflective of him flying free once again into God's hands. Our rose had one bloom on it the day he passed away, nature's way I guess of preparing me for this event. So for now I think I need to remember him flying on a whisper from our hearts to God.

Thank you, each and every poster on this thread, for you have helped us to feel encouraged and supported - I wish happiness and comfort for each of you, and that your loved ones are well and happy always.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2006, 06:46:47 PM »

I sincerely hope that you are healing and that you will soon come to think of Rick as being "on a journey," one that we will all take that is neither frightening or fatal, but joyous and one that will bring us all together one day and we will all be filled with life anew, happiness and joy to be together.

In the meantime, think back to all the wonderful times you had, times that can never be taken away from you, memories you have that are so dear and will not fade from your thoughts as the sad times will.  Time will take care of the sad times and you can look on the happy times as though it was only yesterday and in the overall scheme of things, it was "only yesterday."

Sad though the timing may have been it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:30 PM »

Dearest None~ My grieving friend, my thoughts are with you.

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2006, 12:56:44 PM »

I really feel your pain and I know that its pretty hard when you lose someone you loved..  I was on a contract job when it happen to me and I would sit by this old oak tree pulling the dead wood off while I tried to come to terms with mortality..  I'm not sure if the hurt ever goes away just the way we handle it..  If you get a chance you should take a trip to the ocean with your children and I think you will feel Rick..  

I remember when I was going through some sadness, I would go diving and as soon as I hit the water and went into another world, everything just disappeared.. I know what works for one doesn't work for everyone but it was a nice escape for me..  I hope you enjoy the sun light, your a daisy and you need to have sun light for your daisies to smile..  Just a suggestion but you can do something so different but something you will remember forever..  Take your children down to the Keys or Florida and get your scuba certificate..  I think all of you would remember this as being one of the neatest things you can do..  Why PADI Scuba Diver?
The PADI Scuba Diver program is a pre-entry level certification that is perfect for vacationers or people who only plan to dive a couple times a year.  As a subprogram of the PADI Open Water Diver program, the PADI Scuba Diver rating allows you to get certified quickly and easily by minimizing time constraints. With the PADI Scuba Diver certification you can dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor or higher professional on your next vacation or dive trip.. Its pretty cheap and its fun..  

My daughter came down to visit one summer and thats what we did was get her certified and all her friends were jealous..  The cost is pretty inexpensive, I think the high in is around $200..  Well I guess its up to you but I just want to give you something to think about.. I promise that once your in the water, its like visiting another planet..  If you need more information, I will find it for you, I have friends that are dive masters and if you want I can give you their email and you can contact them..

"On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams"
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2006, 01:01:55 PM »

I remember that if I didn't leave Tampa, there might of been this beautiful Oak Tree that had no more bark left..  Where I sat there was this pile of bark shavings that I hadn't realized that I had pulled off the tree.. Take care and know that a lot of people think of you every day and care and hurt with you..  

td
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »

Nonesuche,

I tell my friends about my adventures and they tell me theirs.. Well this one lady that I bike with tells me hers and they are like daymares.. I told her to stop having adventures, please..  When I was younger and didn't have any money, I would go to concerts and buy a cheap bottle of champagne to make it a special event..  Its kinda funny because one of my friends mentioned that, saying that he always thought it was funny when everyone else wanted to get beer, I would buy some cheap champagne for the concert, along with some plastic glasses.. So just make sure you make each day a little special..  Well I have said enough but there is my chicken soup for thoughts..  

Here is a thought that I always like to play with and hopefully others will too..  If you could take a time machine what era would you like to visit?

I will go first: Tom Jones era  18th-century England, ravenous taste for women, food, and rowdy adventures. I loved the custumes and its just a time I would like to visit..

I think I would of liked to visit Hemingway too,  in the 1920's while he lived in Cuba.. Just an interesting life and would like to been there..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2006, 09:46:08 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO SEND SOMETHING - Nonesuche has suggested that donations can be made here:

It appears the memorial won't occur here with ISACA for several weeks, so Steve Toy detailed to me that a scholarship fund Rick had worked on would now be expanded in honor of him. So actually I think monkeys who would like to do something, that a contribution to that scholarship fund in Rick's name would be so meaningful. As you and I have discussed, teaching was his joy and he so enjoyed this group. Last fall Rick presented a white paper for a new security strategy which the entire chapter embraced and took to the national annual meeting for presentation as well. The link to the chapter page is http://www.issa.org/chapters/usamap_state_nc.html#RALEIGH and contributions should be made in memory of Rick Myers.  His name and address would be:

Steve Toy, Director
SAS Institute
100 SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513-2414

NOTE:  Double check the url above if you copied it, I've changed it a couple of time.  Hopefully I have the correct one now.

Letter received from Steve Toy:

Thank you for your desire to contribute to the scholarship in memory of Rick.  I know it means a lot to Rick's wife and would have pleased Rick.

You can make your check out to the "NC State Engineering Foundation Inc." noting for the Raleigh ISSA Scholarship Endowment in the memo section, and you can send it to the NCSU Department of Computer Science, Campus Box 8206, Raleigh, NC 27695.

Thank you!
Steve Toy
President, Raleigh ISSA Chapter
Steven.Toy@sas.com
SAS ... The Power to Know

Note from me:  I would make sure you add somewhere on your check that you are donating in memory of Rick Myers.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2006, 12:21:14 AM »

None
I am still thinking of you every day and my prayers for you and family continue.  I think there is a new angel in heaven and he's been looking in on you lately.  Listen with your heart.

Winkies for None. Wink  Wink  Wink
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »

Nonesy,

I think of you and your family often. The loss of a loved one is such a difficult time. I am thankful for you and your family that God chose to let you have Rick in your life if only for such a very short time.Keep your chin up !We are in your corner!!

Hugs and Kisses
Cubbee

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2006, 10:48:04 PM »

Dear Monkeys,

My sense of melancholy is so deep tonight I  imagined I could not write one word, but I can’t sleep and I know you understand, half of me is missing and I am unsure tonight how to go on. I know I must, I know my children will need me to, but I can’t seem to see the path too clearly tonight. The ache is too intense and the loss so great.

But I saw the candles, the vigil this afternoon, and the moment of prayer for him and our family. Somehow it just means more than I can express, that all those beautiful candles were burning as I held him all those hours yesterday, today, and tonight; that now seem so fleeting and far too short.

I saw that some who had left SM returned, to post or to light a candle in the candle room, or even those from other boards who lit candles.

If mr none brought this group back together today then that is such comfort to me, to know he may have had a purpose which in some small way, served to unite this board today.

God bless all of you and your families. Please remember that even if you kiss them a thousand times per day, that you will yearn so for those moments if ever you lose them.

OMG, I have been gone for awhile and am reading this a little late.  I am sitting here crying as I read these posts.  None, your words alone are bringing tears, reading your feelings and thoughts,  making me truly  feel your pain and loss, my heart aches for you.  But please know, Mr. None is still close by your side in spirit, only gone in body.  God Bless you and your family and thank you for being YOU!  We LOVE you!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2006, 08:25:48 AM »

Thank you again, each of you thank you.

Klaas thank you for posting that from Steve, honestly if you could know this  friend of Rick's, he is an inspiration -- one of the most caring and supportive individuals and has been so supportive of our family. Steve is doing great things with this scholarship endowment and NCSU is an outstanding university too, and we are proud that Rick's memory can be a part of his leadership efforts for the ISSA.

Rick loved teaching and did teach many Cisco certifications, so to be part of advancing education would have pleased him so very much.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.