April 23, 2024, 05:17:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgia Mom Charged/Fatally Stabbing Her 2 Toddlers  (Read 8825 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 01, 2007, 07:19:05 PM »

Georgia Mom Charged With Fatally Stabbing Her 2 Toddlers in Store Bathroom
Friday, November 30, 2007

AUGUSTA, Ga. —  A 22-year-old woman fatally stabbed her two children, 1 and 3, inside a convenience store bathroom Thursday, police said.

A worker at the Food Mart store in south Augusta told police she saw the woman enter the restroom with the two children, a boy and girl, and then heard a scream, Richmond County Sheriff Ronnie Strength said.

The worker called 911, and when deputies arrived they forced the door open and found the woman on the floor, holding a steak knife and covered in the children's blood.

Jordon Hawes, 1, and Shakayla Hawes, 3, were pronounced dead upon arrival at the Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

Both died of multiple stab wounds to the chest, Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen said.

Jeanette Michelle Hawes was charged with two counts of murder and with possession of a knife during the commission of a crime. She was lodged in the Richmond County Jail. Personnel at the jail said they did not know if the woman had obtained an attorney, and other county officials could not be reached.

"Michelle went to the bathroom and I heard the children crying," store clerk Amanda Thomas told WAGT-TV.

A moment later, Thomas said, "I heard a different sound that didn't sound right. I went back there to get the door opened and I couldn't get it opened and I didn't hear anything."

Thomas and two other customers in the store said they weren't sure what to do when they heard the screaming, the television station said.

She said Hawes was a regular customer and seemed different when she entered the store Thursday.

"I felt something wasn't right about her. I had no idea she did anything to those kids," Thomsas said.

As police led her out, Thomas said Hawes appeared detatched.

"She wasn't crying. she didn't show any emotion," she said.

A witness, Sheila Langston, said she saw one of the children being removed in a bag.

`The mother didn't have any remorse. She wasn't crying, nothing," Langston said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314110,00.html
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:16:49 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:28:55 PM »

Sad

why can't these people that are going through some type of mental trauma just drop their kids off somewhere without killing them? 

Disturbing to say the least Sad

Maine, born and raised!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:09 AM »

Jeanette Hawes Faces Years in Mental Hospital
Jeanette Michelle Hawes will likely spend years in a mental hospital. MCGHealth forensic psychiatrist Carmen Nichita says, in cases like this one, it is highly unlikey a person found to be insane... 0 Ratings | 123 Video Views
Post a Comment or Rate this Video
» View More Videos

Jeanette Michelle Hawes will likely spend years in a mental hospital. MCGHealth forensic psychiatrist Carmen Nichita says, in cases like this one, it is highly unlikey a person found to be insane would be released in a short period of time. Hawes stabbed her two children to death in November of 2007. Count on WJBF News Channel 6’s Renita Crawford for the details.
By Randy Key
Published: January 8, 2009
Updated: January 9, 2009
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
(Augusta) - Jeanette Michelle Hawes’ future is now in the hands of Judge Carlisle Overstreet. He will decide in 30 days if she will be released or committed indefinitely to a mental hospital.

MCGHealth forensic psychiatrist Carmen Nichita says in cases like this one a team of doctors will evaluate Hawes and give her medication to treat her mental illness.

Dr. Carmen Nichita, MCGHealth forensic psychologist: “During this time she would be evaluated for symptoms of mental illness how she responds to treatment, if she agrees to.”

Even if Hawes responds well to treatment and her evaluation is favorable, it’s unlikely she will get out.

Dr. Nichita: “The likelihood of somebody getting out of the first review is very, very slim. Usually if they have a mental illness and display symptoms even though they are well controlled with medications they still need more assessment. They still need dangerousness assessment and most of the time they don’t get released after 30 days.”

Doctors testified that Hawes was paranoid and delusional, hearing voices that told her to stab her children.

Hawes will have a structured stay during her time in a mental hospital. She will be a part of group activities, receive medication and visits from family.

Dr. Nichita: “Most of the time, they spend 5, 10, 15 years in the hospital after they are released to a step down program, where they get into group home and they get supervised visits and psychiatric care.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 09:18:27 AM »

A verdict has been reached in the trial of an Augusta mother accused of stabbing her children to death in a gas station restroom. Jeanette Michelle Hawes has been found Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity in the deaths of her 3-year-old daughter and her 1-year-old son.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:20:14 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »

Well......well.....well.....

News 12 at 11, November 29, 2007

AUGUSTA, Ga.-- The same young mother in a Richmond County jail cell, charged with brutally stabbing her two children to death Thursday was interviewed by News 12 on Monday, (November 26).

Jeanette Michelle Hawes talked with News 12 about her brother, Elijah Hawes' pitbull being stabbed to death on Saturday.

Jeanette, while holding who her family confirms is one year old Jordan Hawes, now dead, told News 12 " I just think, you know, it was wrong for her to actually do that because she could've went and got help or whatever, and you know, an animal is like a human being. That is like killing someone else so I just think it's not right, she didn't have to go that far."

But three days after our interview with her, investigators say Jeanette Michelle Hawes took it a step further, stabbing her own two young children mulitple times in the chest, while locked inside an Augusta convienence store bathroom.

Deputies on the scene say one year old Jordan Hawes died at the scene. His three year old sister Shakayla Hawes was dead before she reached MCG.

"I just don't know why she did it." says Amanda Thomas who was working inside the convenience store when Jeanette, who she knew as Michelle, came in around 2:30 in the afternoon. "After Michelle got the two stamps, the little girl wanted the popcorn and Michelle says she didn't have enough money so I purchased the popcorn for her."

Thomas says Hawes had scratch marks on her and wanted to go to the bathroom to wipe her daughter's nose. Other customers inside tell News 12 before closing the restroom door, Hawes said she was upset after a fight with her boyfriend.

"As I got to the cash register, I was buying what I needed to buy and I looked at the cash register and I was like did you hear that? The screams got louder." said one customer, who was speaking to Thomas inside the store.

Thomas, "At first, it sounded like she was spanking them, then the second sound I heard, it didn't sound right."

Thomas tried to open the bathroom door, but it was locked. "I was calling her and she wouldn't open the door. I went back to get the key and it still wouldn't open. At that time, I didn't hear anything. We were trying to decide should we get the screwdriver? Should we open it before the cops get here?"

Within minutes, investigators pried open the bathroom door and found Hawes covered in blood, lying on the bathroom floor next to her dying children; a bloody steak knife nearby.

"She wasn't crying. She didn't show any emotion. Michelle, I'm praying for you. I don't know why you did what you did, she could've talked to me at least." adds Thomas who knew Michelle for about three years.

Jeanette Michelle Hawes is at the Richmond County Detention Center charged with two counts of murder, and possession of a knife during the commission of a crime.

Sandra Hawes, Michelle's aunt, told News 12 that Michelle had dreams of being a model and sometimes would tell friends and family she felt the children were holding her back.

Other customers inside the store say Hawes complained she was upset after a fight with her boyfriend. Sandra Hawes says the family knew she had a boyfriend, but they didn't know who he is.

Sandra Hawes says Michelle went to Atlanta to visit him with the two kids on Monday, returned Tuesday on a Greyhound bus with Jordan and Shakayla and wanted to go to Aiken, reportedly looking for her boyfriend again. Michelle's family says they last saw her at an Aiken KFC Tuesday. The family says they filed a missing person report on her Wednesday in Aiken. News 12 is still working to obtain this report. Sandra next saw Michelle Thursday, walking down Lumpkin Road with the children towards the store. Her aunt wanted to help her out and give them a ride, but couldn't because she was driving a school bus and feared loosing her job.

Sandra Hawes says knowing what she knows now, she wishes she had done more.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11961436.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »

RE: DOG STABBING
News 12 at 11, November 26, 2007

Pit bull stabbed to death
A chow and a pit bull get into a fight, moments before the pit bull is stabbed to death by the chow's owner.

Augusta, Ga. --- 13-year-old Elijah Hawes was playing with his pit bull Saturday night around 9:00 at his home on Bransford Road. The dog was on a chain in the front yard when the suspect, Ginger Arthurs, was walking by with her chow mix.

"The suspect in this case was walking her dog and at some point her dog broke free and charged the dog that was on the chain, those two dogs started to fight," Lt. Scott Peebles said.

Both owners tried to pull their dogs away from each other. Investigators said the suspect, Ginger Arthurs then pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed the pit bull a number of times.

"I was just like 'whatcha stabbing my dog for?' and my god brother was trying to pull him away from her," Elijah Hawes said.

Elijah said he was shocked.

"My dog was so hurt he just let loose to the other dog and ran in the yard and died," Hawes said.

This incident report said Arthurs took her chow dog and ran to her apartment, where she was later taken into custody, and charged with cruelty to animals.

"She didn't have to go that far. She could've ran and called police, got help, or whatever," Jeanette Hawes said.

Jeanette Hawes said her brother was devastated.

"To actually hear my brother talk about what happened to his dog and it happened right here in front of him," Hawes said.

Elijah said he hated to see his dog die like that.

"I just can't see how a person can stab a dog to death. Like she wanted him to die because she kept stabbing him," Hawes said.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11846446.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »

INJUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INJUSTICE!!!!!!!!!! INJUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF??????????
http://wrdw.videogenesis.net/watch?v=4642&ref=recent

apparently she was sentenced to 6 months in a mental institution ... and then given one more year?? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »

When I read about this some time back, it just shocked the socks off me.
The justice system is soooo mucked up.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.