April 20, 2024, 06:30:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 9, 2007 - WorldWide Light a Candle for Children Who Have Died  (Read 1500 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 02, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »

Posted by Richard on the front page of SM:

I’m posting this here in hopes that Red or Klaasen might see fit to re-post it closer to the relevant date. Meanwhile, all Monkeys who are concerned with Natalee’s case might want to read:

In a newspaper column this morning, the director of a group called The Compassionate Friends solicited attention for her Web site, which I believe can be found by doing a search under that name.

At 7 pm local time every second Sunday in December (on Dec. 9 this year), a Worldwide Candle Lighting is held, “creating a 24-hour wave of light in rememberance of all children who have died, no matter their age or the cause of death. Also available that day at The Compassionate Friends website will be a remembrance book….”

The persons to whom this e-mail is sent either have experienced a tragedy in their own family or are united in seeking justice for other families. I do not know about this group, but wish to bring to your attention the fact that this group exists and that it offers this service.

Will lighting such candles bring justice for Natalee, or other missing persons? Nope; but I think it’s worthwhile for us to show in every possible way that we are not forgetting her case, and never will forget, and never will stop demanding that Aruba provide justice.

Naturally, we would not want to “desecrate” this forum or in any way show disrespect for any other missing persons. Grief knows no boundaries.

But we can light candles for one and all….

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/2007_WCL/2007_WCL_Intro.htm

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:07:55 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.