March 28, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick the smell....  (Read 8942 times)
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 12:55:01 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
KatzHome,

Thank you for giving me a good laugh. I've been so sad and tearful about Mr. None and you made me laugh.

With love,
Louise

PS: I liked my grandmother's cookies which were heavy scented with vanilla. To this day, vanilla is my favorite fragrance and I only wear two fragrances (not at the same time) by the famous house of Guerlain - Shalimar and Aqua de Allegoria.

{{{hugs}}} and lots of love, Louise ~ I'm glad I was able to make you smile.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 03:49:11 PM »

apple pie,but my mother didn't bake .she roasred chicken,turkeys,beef and pork.those smells told i was at home.the merita bread factory told i was downtown and the smells from kripey kreme told me i was by the movies,..some much to remember,so little.

Live with hope,looking for justice
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »

I contemplated home staging once and it was the consensus that if one was baking a cake with vanilla, had just ground lemons, or was baking an apple pie, the home would sell quicker, so if you are selling your house fill it with homey smells, not artificial smells and it will sell more quickly, one reason so many people use vanilla in their fragrance pots when they are holding open house.  Of course "clean" smells good too.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »

None, our house always smelled of Dial soap.  My mother was one who liked to bathe a lot.  I never figured that out but she took at least 3-4 baths a day, minimum and our house had a smell of Dial soap.  All my friends used to comment on it and I still remember that smell from summertime when she would have the house impeccably clean, the windows open and a soft breeze blowing in the bathroom and the smell of Dial soap.  I did not think much about it then but now it is a special smell that I wish I could get in my house.  Just does not work that way with air conditioning.  

One of our sons' houses smells like new furniture, new wood and a fresh clean upwardly mobile furniture store.  Most people think it smells wonderful but I am not sure if I like that smell as well as the Dial soap or not but DIL has a housekeeper 5 days a week.  In fact, she has two different housekeepers.  One comes twice per week and one comes three times per week because they provide different services.  One mops and does toilets.  THe other does windows and polishes furniture, mirrors, etc.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »

tyler-

You make me smile. The one and only time I and my best childhood friend tried sneaking out of my home as teens, we couldn't for my mother was up in the middle of the night running the vacuum over the carpets. It was all the talk too, for my father traveled extensively, and my mother had household help. So her cleaning fetish was something that I was surely teased about moving forward.

I still swear she had eyes in the back of her head  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »

I loved smell of chicken and dumplins,BBQ,and Brunswick stew.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »

I think the smell of fresh clean children spells home to me. My girls still use baby powder after their baths, and we still use baby bath because it's kind to the skin. I even used to smell their pajamas when they were younger and had to visit their Dad for a while in the summer because I missed them. Their clothes smelled like baby powder.
And they have always had a bath every day. I never let them skip it, so now even my son can't stand to be dirty for long.

My children mean home to me. Smile

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 09:41:32 PM »

My mother worked full time, and with every other weekend as part of her schedule, she had a day off in the week before and the week after. I loved coming home from school on those days. The house smelled of dinner and cleaning products. She was always in a really good mood on those days. It was wonderful.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.