March 28, 2024, 01:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GE or Kenmore brand Microwave Ovens sold between 1/2000 & 12/2003  (Read 2675 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 05, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »

Wednesday, Dec. 5 2007
GE Recalls 92,000 Microwaves Over Fire Hazard

Associated Press

General Electric (GE: 36.32, +0.07, +0.19%) recalled 92,000 combination wall and microwave ovens after at least 35 incidents of fire that damaged property, the company and the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.

The door switch in the microwave oven can overheat and ignite plastic components in the appliance, the company said.

The lower thermal oven does not pose a hazard and no injuries have been reported, according to the commission.

Department and appliance stores sold the ovens between January 2000 to December 2003.

The ovens were built by GE Consumer & Industrial, of Louisville, Ky., and sold under the Kenmore, GE and GE Profile brands.

GE said consumers should stop using the microwave oven immediately and call the company, or Sears for Kenmore ovens.

GE is offering a free repair
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »

Thank you for posting that.  I don't have one, but this looks like it could be dangerous for some that do.  I had a bread machine that overheated  and started melting  the second time I used it.  I had only bought it the week before.    Shocked  I was at home and unplugged it and got it out the door.  Fortunately, I didn't have it on overnight or while I was at work, like some folks do.  I had a recall on an Oster blender/ice crusher last year.  The recall was:  the metal blades in the bottom were breaking off in little shards.  One other recall I had was a child's canvas lawn chair, with a metal frame.  Childrens' fingers had been cut off because of the design of the frame.   Shocked Shocked  Just crazy, isn't it?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.