April 28, 2024, 09:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007  (Read 54835 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »

This wasn't part of any conspiracy or diversion. The Michelle was in distress. They likely lost their mast in which case they would lose GPS positioning.  By the time they realised they were in trouble they got disoriented and didn't know where they were.  Those seas were very rough. The night can be extremely disorienting especially with clouds on the horizon, no power, and bouncing around inside of a derilict boat.  It's courtesy to respond to distress calls when you're in the vicinity. 
The Persistence is always in the vicinity where Natalee could be found.  This is why we're searching.  IMO The Aruban authorities have done nothing but help in anyway they can.
As for costing a nights work... the night was too rough to search and we would have turned towards the dock shortly anyhow.

I hope the Michelle made it safely back to harbor.  I looked in the Curacao news and didn't see anything about it.  Hopefully they were rescued and it ended up being a non-event.

Thanks for all you are doing Kyle!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2008, 11:56:55 PM »

My heart is full to overflowing tonight with thoughts of you, the crew searching for Natalee. I feel expectation as never before and such hope that your hard work, patience, and sacrifice is about to see it's purpose! It may sound silly, but as I enter into prayer, I sense an invitation for all of us to come into His presence and join together in expectant faith.

Be of good heart! I know that He is with you and I know you are in the most powerful place there is: squarely within His will.

God Bless You and Keep You!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2008, 01:14:17 AM »

XIII. Stay the Course

SPECIAL UPDATE: Fri 18-Jan 2335 hrs

We would like to specifically address one comment left on the blog which likely represents the sentiments of many.
“You guys have been out there for quite a long time now... I was really hoping for results by now. I can't help but begin to think she won't be found” -Overwhelming_Sadness

Quoting John Silvetti- Fri 18-Jan 2300 hrs
“It is easy to lose heart if one confuses expectations with hopes and desires. The nature of a marine search, especially one in which the method and disposition of the item you are searching for is unknown, requires a painstakingly slow and methodical disqualification process. The logic is no different than trying to find your car keys. The methodology is: you look where you were recently. We look where it is believed to be, based on evidence or reports. When you and I do not locate what we are looking for in the most logical place, we move on to the next logical place. Ultimately, we both confirm the old saying, “It is always in the last place you look”.
Unknown topography and terrain, combined with large seas have slowed us down but it has not stopped us. We have surveyed and investigated a large area, disqualified most of it, and moved on to an even larger area. At times our progress has been exceedingly fast and slow at other times. We do however, “STAY THE COURSE”....PERSISTENCE.

Our hopes and desires also were to find Natalee before Christmas so we could help bring closure to the Holloway family as our gift to them. Then, we could return home to our families to enjoy the holiday season and hug our children a little tighter... but, it was not meant to be that easy...and we understand.
–John Silvetti.”

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2008, 01:16:01 AM »

XII. Perilous Seas

Update: Fri 18-Jan 2133 hrs
The Persistence pulls away from the dock at 1300 hrs heading northwest into deep water. The seas and winds have greatly diminished through the early morning hours. The crew grabs a few hours rest taking full advantage of the calm waters at the dock.
1655 hrs - the seas build to 6-9ft with the occasional 12ft+. Winds 35kts sustained with stronger gusts.
2130hrs - the seas were building steadily all day. We're forced to dead-head lines running acquisition with the seas at our stern. To maintain heading along the line the captain holds a 37-40 degree crab angle due to swift currents and strong winds.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »

XIII. Stay the Course

Update: Sat 19-Jan 1745 hrs
The Persistence left the dock at 1530 hrs heading back towards the deepest portion of the survey area. The weather has been continually rough and does not look like it will let up this evening or through tonight. Fortunately, we took on fresh water this morning which acts like additional ballast for the boat, reducing some of the roll. While in about 750-800ft of water we came across another unknown wreck. This wreck (perhaps an old schooner) is about 50-55ft long.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »

XIII. Stay the Course

SPECIAL UPDATE: Fri 18-Jan 2335 hrs

We would like to specifically address one comment left on the blog which likely represents the sentiments of many.
“You guys have been out there for quite a long time now... I was really hoping for results by now. I can't help but begin to think she won't be found” -Overwhelming_Sadness

Quoting John Silvetti- Fri 18-Jan 2300 hrs
“It is easy to lose heart if one confuses expectations with hopes and desires. The nature of a marine search, especially one in which the method and disposition of the item you are searching for is unknown, requires a painstakingly slow and methodical disqualification process. The logic is no different than trying to find your car keys. The methodology is: you look where you were recently. We look where it is believed to be, based on evidence or reports. When you and I do not locate what we are looking for in the most logical place, we move on to the next logical place. Ultimately, we both confirm the old saying, “It is always in the last place you look”.
Unknown topography and terrain, combined with large seas have slowed us down but it has not stopped us. We have surveyed and investigated a large area, disqualified most of it, and moved on to an even larger area. At times our progress has been exceedingly fast and slow at other times. We do however, “STAY THE COURSE”....PERSISTENCE.

Our hopes and desires also were to find Natalee before Christmas so we could help bring closure to the Holloway family as our gift to them. Then, we could return home to our families to enjoy the holiday season and hug our children a little tighter... but, it was not meant to be that easy...and we understand.
–John Silvetti.”

I am continuously awed by the sacrifices made by the crew of the Persistence.
They are truly the best that America has to offer, and I am very proud of them. These are the kind of people who make us such a great country, and they represent us well. Some of us may not understand the intricacies  and technical difficulties of the work they are doing, but we can all recognize what a great gift they are giving to Natalee and her family regardless of when she is found.

Persistence -  We are with you, for as long as it takes. God Bless you all.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

"No greater sacrifice .... a neighbor takes off his shirt and gives it to you....a friend in need, a friend indeed."  All this seems appropriate, many heroes involved in this operation.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

Not sure about this site either Kyle but here it is....

{{removed link - this site and person is very anti Natalee and family}}

Klaas... I wouldn't let this link here.IMO .... It is a link to a vile site, anti-holloway.
The psoter Rolls from RU, this is his site and hes well an ass! Texasmom, you probably didnt know this. IT is also a anti- SM site as well. TIA
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:03:00 AM by klaasend » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:18 AM »

Natalee loved the Wizard of Oz, and I often think of her as "Over The Rainbow". God's promise is broadcast across the heavens everytime that beautiful arched prism makes an appearance. He made the promise to Noah, as the first covenant between God and man. In Revelation 4, we are given a picture of God's throne, and the Bible teaches us that there is a rainbow around His throne. That rainbow is representative of all God's covenants with man and signifies the intimate relationship He has with us. He knows our desires and has chosen to care about each of us as His own child. The rainbow that could be seen by the persistence holds tremendous encouragement and promise for their sacrifice! They are not alone, and they are exhibiting His example of sacrificial love spent for others. Lord, please let them bring Natalee home and please let them feel your presence and guidance! Thank you for the crew and letting us learn of your nature through them!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2008, 02:58:53 AM »

Not sure about this site either Kyle but here it is....

{{removed link - this site and person is very anti Natalee and family}}

Klaas... I wouldn't let this link here.IMO .... It is a link to a vile site, anti-holloway.
The psoter Rolls from RU, this is his site and hes well an ass! Texasmom, you probably didnt know this. IT is also a anti- SM site as well. TIA
Elaine, thank you for the information.  I was unaware of the basis of the site and truly intended no harm.  I asked for Klaas' help to resolve the problem, and she took care of it. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »

Update: Tues 22-Jan 0915 hrs
The Persistence left the dock this morning at 0600 hrs, heading out to deep water. Last night, four replacement survey team members flew in to join the Persistence to relieve crew who has been here since the beginning, over a month ago. Although the new crew brings new energy, losing the battle-proven seasoned crew is bittersweet. Words fail to describe the level of trust and bond between the crew. Despite being in close quarters together since 15-Dec, missing holidays with loved ones, birthdays, anniversaries, rough seas, and many intense situations, NEVER was there a moment of bad tension between any of the crew. I trust the new crew will quickly bond and become seasoned to the terrain and conditions- both above and below the waves.
Happy Birthday sis - You're loved and missed.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

Thank You Klass

I sent rebecca the info on the boat search and this was her email back to me.

OK, now there is something to this finding boats.  I know she is near a boat, one that has a part that sticks up the water? Low tide..

Oh how I wish they would find her…..!!!!

Love and light

Rebecca

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »

Godspeed the Persistence

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »

There was a post at RU that the Persistence has found something and that forensics were underway. RU is not the most reliable source, but we can't help but get our hopes up. Is there any truth to the post?

You guys are always in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers! Thank you so much for your sacrifices. You give hope where there has been nothing but hopelessness!
downloadingdaddy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »

kyle's latest update;

XIII. Stay the Course

Update:
Wed 23-Jan 1415hrs
The Persistence left the dock at 0700 hrs headed for the survey area. The winch is fixed, skies are clear, and the seas are calmer. The new crew are settled in and getting used the work flow.
More later
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »

This latest post done today is so beautiful, Im sitting here crying my eyes out Im truely in awe of these wonderful giving ppl that are true heros. Yo kind of give up on human nature with all that is going on in this world and especially the tragic situation with Natalee and her family, and then these heros come along, and just renews your faith in mankind. If nothing else comes of this, please know that you have blessed my heart and many many others. God bless you, your familys and know that you all have blessed me.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »

XIV. The Search Area

Update: Fri 25-Jan 1630 hrs

Early on I was asked the following question by a reader: “do I believe in miracles and are we expecting a miracle to happen”? My response: “I do not have enough faith to be an atheist in time such as these. Perhaps a better question would be: what kind of miracles are we expecting?”
The miracle she referred to was whether we believed we would find Natalee Holloway based on the relative odds and unknowns. The question I returned was perhaps more poignant. How would our lives be changed in the process of finding her in light of the adversity and unknowns? I maintain my position that it is a much larger miracle to have lives and hearts changed than to overcome odds and solve unknowns.
Since the beginning of this search I have been witness to many miracles. I’ve watched loving wives gracefully supporting their husbands while waiting home alone with children for over a month. I’ve seen sons and daughters patiently and cheerfully waiting for their daddies to come home to them. I’ve seen hearts moved and changed to give generously out of love and conviction. I’ve witnessed trust build, bonds form, friendships established, lies replaced with truth, mistakes forgiven, and perhaps the greatest of all and hardest to fathom... genuine loving sacrifice.
While searching offshore Aruba from the shallows to the abyss, we have truly ventured into a new search area. We’ve been exploring the very essence of our human being discovering purpose, hope, strength, and love along the way.

Edited to add
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:30:42 PM by Observer » Logged

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »

XIV. The Search Area

Update: Fri 25-Jan 1630 hrs

Early on I was asked the following question by a reader: “do I believe in miracles and are we expecting a miracle to happen”? My response: “I do not have enough faith to be an atheist in time such as these. Perhaps a better question would be: what kind of miracles are we expecting?”
The miracle she referred to was whether we believed we would find Natalee Holloway based on the relative odds and unknowns. The question I returned was perhaps more poignant. How would our lives be changed in the process of finding her in light of the adversity and unknowns? I maintain my position that it is a much larger miracle to have lives and hearts changed than to overcome odds and solve unknowns.
Since the beginning of this search I have been witness to many miracles. I’ve watched loving wives gracefully supporting their husbands while waiting home alone with children for over a month. I’ve seen sons and daughters patiently and cheerfully waiting for their daddies to come home to them. I’ve seen hearts moved and changed to give generously out of love and conviction. I’ve witnessed trust build, bonds form, friendships established, lies replaced with truth, mistakes forgiven, and perhaps the greatest of all and hardest to fathom... genuine loving sacrifice.
While searching offshore Aruba from the shallows to the abyss, we have truly ventured into a new search area. We’ve been exploring the very essence of our human being discovering purpose, hope, strength, and love along the way.

Edited to add

That out of such tragedy these beautiful things can happen is truly a tribute to Natalee, and to her family. It renews my faith that good can triumph over evil. God is showering the Persistence with his blessings.

My prayers continue for the health, safety and success of the crew of the Persistence.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.