April 27, 2024, 12:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007  (Read 54830 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »

RINGY DINGY! 

Update: Tues 29-Jan 1610 hrs

The Persistence left the dock at 0645 hrs this morning returning to survey what has been the roughest portion of the search area. The seas here are reliably 8-12 ft due to convergent water masses, strong stratified shearing currents, and opposing trade winds. Local fishermen have a name for it which roughly translates to "don't go there". For the last couple days we have been working in the heart of "don't go there" in atypically calm 2-3 ft swells. We have never seen it this calm out here. The timing couldn't be better. More later

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:45 PM »

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »

RINGY DINGY! 

Update: Tues 29-Jan 1610 hrs

The Persistence left the dock at 0645 hrs this morning returning to survey what has been the roughest portion of the search area. The seas here are reliably 8-12 ft due to convergent water masses, strong stratified shearing currents, and opposing trade winds. Local fishermen have a name for it which roughly translates to "don't go there". For the last couple days we have been working in the heart of "don't go there" in atypically calm 2-3 ft swells. We have never seen it this calm out here. The timing couldn't be better. More later  http://nholloway.blogspot.com/

Thanks Carpe!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2008, 10:18:16 AM »

Not a fish trap but I do remember this early on....

All of my Lago friends who grew up in Aruba, including the boys who loved nothing more than skin diving and spearfishing, swam all of those waters with only flippers, snorkle and mask and their trusty spearguns.

They all agree that by far, the fastest and easiest and surest way to dispose of a dead body would be to run over to Boca Mahos from Noord, drive up to the edge of the cliff and toss the body out into the crashing waves over the shear drop of the undercut cliff.

Look at Boca Mahos and the boys I grew up with jumping into the sea as teenagers...

This boca, cove, if you will, MUST be searched by the Navy Seals and the Florida State University forensic divers...or they will have missed the MOST LIKELY PLACE to dump a dead body to hide it forever.

If they dive and search that boca, they will find some traces of Natalee...I am sure...very very very sure.

All of my Aruba friends who know the island as well as I do, and beter, agree...dive in Boca Mahos...and you will find something...

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_26.html
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

you're welcome, texasmom.

some new ones:

XV. Aruba

Update: Thurs 31-Jan 1330 hrs
The Persistence is currently working in the same general area as the last several days. Winds 25 kts with 6-10ft side seas. More later

Thurs 31-Jan 1040 hrs
The last several days saw outstanding progress in what was expected to be the roughest part of the search area. Last night, we learned why the local fishermen nicknamed this area “don’t go there”. The seas were a rather innocuous 2-3ft with pleasant 10kt breeze. Within an hour, the seas exploded into a 12-14ft torrent with 35kt sustained winds. After a few hours battling side seas the search team brought the sonar on deck amidst crashing waves of green water pouring over the back deck. We found an approximately 265ft long wreck lying upright on the seabed which is an eerie testament of this area’s volatile ferocity.

------------------
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »

XVI. Recent Development

Update: Fri 01-Feb 1815 hrs

The Persistence search team and crew are very excited about the recent developments announced yesterday, Thursday January 31st. We are currently acquiring data and have not stopped or changed our search methods in response to the announcement. We too wait with anticipation and hope the outcome is both positive and accurate for the remainder of the ongoing investigation.

Our hearts and prayers are with the Holloway and Twitty families.

SRC:

------------------
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »

XVI. Recent Development

Update: Fri 01-Feb 1815 hrs

The Persistence search team and crew are very excited about the recent developments announced yesterday, Thursday January 31st. We are currently acquiring data and have not stopped or changed our search methods in response to the announcement. We too wait with anticipation and hope the outcome is both positive and accurate for the remainder of the ongoing investigation.

Our hearts and prayers are with the Holloway and Twitty families.

Press Release:
From The (Aruba) Public Prosecutor’s Office
Date: January 31, 2007

New evidence in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway-
The Office of the Public Prosecutor of Aruba has intensified its investigation of the case of Natalee Holloway due to recently received information. This information may shed a new light on the mode of which Natalee Holloway has died and the method by which her body disappeared.

The Public Prosecutor has lately received this information from the Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries. This information may help considerably in the solution of the mystery of Natalee’s disappearance.

In cooperation with the Aruban Police Corps, the Office is currently investigating the reliability and value of this new information. It will be evaluated in relation to the results of the preceding profound research activities. The Aruban Police Corps has continued the investigation of the case despite the formal discontinuation of the prosecution of the suspects of the day, in December 2007. Commissioned investigators are currently charged with further inquiries.

In the interest of the ongoing investigation no further information will be circulated.
Nota bene: the Office of Public Prosecutor will not give any interviews about the matter at hand at this moment, not by telephone, neither on camera.
http://www.peterrdevries.com/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »

Friday, February 8, 2008
XVII. Support the Effort

Special Notice:

The dedicated ocean search for Natalee Holloway has been underway since mid-November, 2007. What began in Louisiana during mobilization now culminating in Aruba, the search has utilized some of the best search equipment and personnel in the world. To date, approximately 900 miles of sonar data has been collected covering a geographic area 80% the size of Aruba. The search has required a painstakingly slow approach which in the end leaves no stone unturned.

Although slow, this approach is extremely effective in marine search and recovery. Since the beginning, the search has been privately funded by Louis Schaefer Jr. of Underwater Expeditions who remarkably and gracefully accepted the financial burden when requested by Texas Equusearch and Natalee's parents. John Silvetti of Marine Surveys, Greg Landry of Offshore Innovative Solutions, Erik McGuire of Seatronics, along with Agiosat and Wilkens Weather Service came beside Louis to conduct this humanitarian effort. To put this search effort in financial perspective, an equivalent search conducted for industry would involve costs well exceeding several million dollars. This project has been conducted for about 35 cents on the dollar, with costs still exceeding a million dollars.

Although we have searched and ruled out an extensive portion of the original planned search area, a substantial portion of the high-probability area yet remains to be explored. Now, following a publicly confirmed admission that Natalee Holloway was disposed at sea, we are confident that completing the focused search area will bring closure. We therefore formally invite and request anyone who this humanitarian effort has touched to get involved and to help support the remaining search efforts. Donations are being handled by Texas Equusearch, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Please come beside those who have already given so much to help ensure a proper funeral in Alabama for Natalee Holloway. Please make all donations marked as: "Holloway search".

To learn more about Texas Equusearch and to help support the search for Natalee Holloway, check out: http://www.texasequusearch.org/donate.html

Texas EquuSearch Office:
4013 FM 517, Suite B
Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539

Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax: (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500
Email: donate@texasequusearch.org

Posted by Kyle Kingman at 4:44 PM

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »

Friday, February 8, 2008
XVII. Support the Effort

Special Notice:

The dedicated ocean search for Natalee Holloway has been underway since mid-November, 2007. What began in Louisiana during mobilization now culminating in Aruba, the search has utilized some of the best search equipment and personnel in the world. To date, approximately 900 miles of sonar data has been collected covering a geographic area 80% the size of Aruba. The search has required a painstakingly slow approach which in the end leaves no stone unturned.

Although slow, this approach is extremely effective in marine search and recovery. Since the beginning, the search has been privately funded by Louis Schaefer Jr. of Underwater Expeditions who remarkably and gracefully accepted the financial burden when requested by Texas Equusearch and Natalee's parents. John Silvetti of Marine Surveys, Greg Landry of Offshore Innovative Solutions, Erik McGuire of Seatronics, along with Agiosat and Wilkens Weather Service came beside Louis to conduct this humanitarian effort. To put this search effort in financial perspective, an equivalent search conducted for industry would involve costs well exceeding several million dollars. This project has been conducted for about 35 cents on the dollar, with costs still exceeding a million dollars.

Although we have searched and ruled out an extensive portion of the original planned search area, a substantial portion of the high-probability area yet remains to be explored. Now, following a publicly confirmed admission that Natalee Holloway was disposed at sea, we are confident that completing the focused search area will bring closure. We therefore formally invite and request anyone who this humanitarian effort has touched to get involved and to help support the remaining search efforts. Donations are being handled by Texas Equusearch, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Please come beside those who have already given so much to help ensure a proper funeral in Alabama for Natalee Holloway. Please make all donations marked as: "Holloway search".

To learn more about Texas Equusearch and to help support the search for Natalee Holloway, check out: http://www.texasequusearch.org/donate.html

Texas EquuSearch Office:
4013 FM 517, Suite B
Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539

Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax: (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500
Email: donate@texasequusearch.org

Posted by Kyle Kingman at 4:44 PM

Since Greta is covering Holloway case again tonight and asked for quesstions/comments on her blog,  I copied and posted this.

I'm hoping other posters see it AND asked Greta if she could make a mention of it.  I know it's a long shot, but trying to spread the word as much as possible!   Even if she doesn't mention, I pray people find it in there heart to do something.  Alot of Holloway supporters there now.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
SherryinWA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

Hi,
This is my first post here at SM, although I have been lurking since the beginning.  I love how dedicated to the Holloway family this group has been.  I wonder, when the Persistance brings Natalie home, if maybe they could look for Max De Vrie
while in Aruba? His story haunts me just as Natalie's does, and my heart aches for his mother as well as Beth.  Just an idea, I hope it is not too forward for a first post.  By the way, my 10 year old son with Asperger's Syndrome loves the animated monkeys!   
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »

Welcome to the cage Sherry!

Flag that will be raised if Natalee is found..God Speed Persistence!!!!!
http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=6472985 (Dutch TV)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:09:01 PM by Observer » Logged

SherryinWA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »

Thank you for the welcome, just listened to the radio show.  Awesome!!  Sending prayers to the Persistence crew, and Natalies family.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2008, 02:17:18 AM »

XVII. Support the Effort

Update: Fri 15-Feb 1100 hrs
Over the past few days, progress in the deep water areas has been hampered by 14ft seas and 30kt+ wind. The conditions are simply too rough to work safely. Today, the Persistence headed out to the survey area, completed a single line, and headed back to the dock after getting pounded in the rough conditions.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2008, 12:33:33 AM »

To the Persistence Crew:

That flag is going to wave, and you are going to bring her home! Those ocean waves are a poor attempt to discourage, but they don't stand a chance with the fortitude and resolve you have in your heart. The hand that guides you will calm the wind and waves and lead you. The most powerful place on earth is standing within God's Will and you guys are at ground zero in that regard! All our Love and Prayers!
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »

Greetings,

Thank you all for your kind words, support, and prayers.  We're all bracing for the fall-out of the Dateline broadcast.  We'll provide an update soon.

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

Greetings,

Thank you all for your kind words, support, and prayers.  We're all bracing for the fall-out of the Dateline broadcast.  We'll provide an update soon.

Hi Kyle - I actually thought the broadcast was pretty well done.  I learned things I didn't know especially in the 2nd half of the broadcast.

What kind of fall-out do you think you'll see?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

Maybe I missed this last night....... do you all suspect the "trap" you found to be a "plant" or just some random trap lost by fishermen? It appeared to be very large.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »

Greetings,

Thanks OE! We are Very Proud of You and the Crew....Bless You All!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »

I watched a season of "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel about crab fishing.  It was fascinating to get a glimpse of their difficult work.  The crab traps they used were lifted onto the ship by some overhead crane-type equipment.  It took two men to swing the traps into place and open them to dump the crabs into the holding container.  There were huge stacks of these empty traps on the ship after they were hauled in and emptied. 

The trap we saw on Dateline last night resembled those traps.  I thought the show last night was very well done, and reminded me of the very difficult work and conditions the team of the Persistence is facing every day.  Thank you all so much for your bravery and devotion to this heroic effort.  I hope the donations are pouring in to support you and my prayers for you all continue daily.

Sincerely,

Helen Back
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »

My main regret with the broadcast is John Silvetti not getting the credit he was due.  John's the owner of the Persistence, owner of Marine Surveys LLC, and the field project manager of the search. 
Regardless how good of a production it was - Generally speaking, there should never be a broadcast giving details about an active investigation.  When the investigation is complete and no longer potentially sensitive to either the case, victims family, or suspect (s), then sure... why not broadcast it.  It is irresponsible and potentially damaging to do what they did (broadcasting the show while the search is still active) and they broke their agreement with Tim and John to make this production. 

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.