May 28, 2024, 03:16:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007  (Read 55222 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »

To the crew of the Persistence.

May God bless you all in your sacrificial efforts to bring Natalee Holloway home to her family ... to her country and ... may God keep you all safe.

Sincerely, Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »

Whatever the outcome ... the crew of the Persistence have spoken loud and clear to the "powers that be" in the Aruban coverup into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway ... AMERICA DOES NOT FORSAKE HER OWN!

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2008, 12:09:34 AM »

Private Investigator TJ Ward discusses the case

He says PVDS had Colombian contacts and may have contacted them to take Natalee off of the island.
5-1-07
640 WGST Atlanta. Talk. Radio.

http://tinyurl.com/33o437

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2008, 01:24:01 AM »

From the Clausen Investigation in Aruba.

http://nataleehollowaywhatweknowsofar.blogspot.com/  (Bottom of Page)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:36:25 AM by Observer » Logged

kgwallace88
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2008, 07:08:55 AM »

I know it sounds crazy but what better place to hide a body than in plain view at a ship wreck? Most people are busy looking at the fish etc & not at what may be hidden inside the sunken ship. I know there are a lot of wrecks around Aruba & so would the locals.
[/quote]

I have always thought something like that too!  Maybe you can help me remember Lala as I am at work and don't have the time to search, but didn't Shango say something about what was hidden is not or something like that?  Maybe she is somewhere those  simple minded people can easily see but not to the trained professional.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »

X. Persistence

Update: Wed 09-Jan 1240 hrs
We lost Internet connectivity for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. Now that we're back online, I will post an update shortly.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
kgwallace88
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »

X. Persistence

We lost Internet connectivity for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. Now that we're back online, I will post an update shortly.

That storm was your day of reckoning coming Aruba!!!  We want Natalee and justice for her!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »

To the crew of the Persistence.

May God bless you all in your sacrificial efforts to bring Natalee Holloway home to her family ... to her country and ... may God keep you all safe.

Sincerely, Janet

Janet - Beautiful post!
I'd like to join in adding my good wishes and prayers ot the crew of The Persistence. They have my utmost respect.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

Hi everyone! It's my lunch break so I jumped on.  I didn't get a chance to get on last night.  John told me the satellite was out on the boat from the storm.  They were docked this morning trying to fix it.  Now that the internet connection is up, I am assuming it is fixed...

In answer to the Grid question.  I asked John specifically about it this morning.  He couldn't give me a length on each grid in that the way they are set up they overlap.  He said the approximate total of the grids is over 50 miles.... The third grid being an approximate 23 miles... They were still in grid 2 last time I asked.

Anyway, Pearlin is oh so right in that we have to have Patience! This process is not exactly made for speed! Smile
Hope this helps.  Oh, and I am sure very soon Kyle will update the blog so keep a lookout!

bc73
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »

KG, "plain view" was mentioned, and I have also wondered if it could be an obvious location. I can tell you I have stayed at the Renaissance(formerly the Sonesta), and I always thought that private island was weird anyhow. There really isn't much going on over there, especially the supervision aspect. My friend and I swam approx 20 yrds past the then roped off area, to a little dock, and caught some sun for a couple of hours. Do not know if this little "dock" still exists, but it was big enough for two people comfortable. This "dock", or platform supposedly wasn't accessible to the guests, but it did seem to have a steep drop off compared to the roped area....
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2008, 06:57:09 PM »

X. Persistence

Kyle, we would like an update.  We know the area has been gridded and sonar used to identify targets. The remote was used to inspect targets. Is the search over?

In My Opinion
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

X. Persistence

Update: Thurs 10-Jan 1635 hrs
The bathymetric survey of the new grid is completed. -update will come shortly

Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid. The new grid more than doubles the original search area. If completed, the total area thoroughly searched will be 80% the size of Aruba. Currently, the seas are calm relative to what we've been experiencing. The four digits posted on the echo-sounder is a reminder of the limits being put to the test.

Every body of water near land has its own unique character, temperament, and color. The nature of water is governed by the trio of land, sea, and sky. The sea surface reflects the sky, the water column contains the turbidity from the land, and the seabed stares upward through the water column as long as the water allows it to. However, as the seabed falls away into the abyss, the color is always the same dark navy blue. Staring into these deep and dark waters reminds me that this island is surrounded by the same water that flows throughout our entire world. On the surface, the expanse of the sea divides us. Looking deeper, it is really what connects us all. Perhaps the sea gives a reflection of human nature and not just the sky.

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »

X. Persistence

Update: Thurs 11-Jan 0030 hrs
The bathymetric survey of the new grid is completed. The search area now totals approximately 57 sq miles, compared to the original 22 sq miles.

Maritime map making has long been an integral aspect of ocean exploration. As adventure seeking sea-faring men of old expanded their frontier, master artisans such as Ortelius and Cicero painstakingly plotted their progress. Instead of producing drab plots where form follows function, they used their artistry to produce meaningful navigation aids and passionately capture the spirit of exploration into their product. Areas of the yet-unknown are filled with caricatures of sea monsters and mermaids.

Today, a new generation of maritime map making, perhaps ushered in by Heezen and Tharpe, provides a new look into the abyss. Hand-painted murals with Latin place names are now replaced with computer generated 3D perspective views with satellite imagery. The old merchant ships and frigates that once sailed these waters charting coastlines and reefs claimed by the sea can now be found and mapped. It is an interesting connection between the old and new. We sail the same seas.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »

X. Persistence

Update: Fri 12-Jan 1145 hrs
The seas calmed down dramatically since Wednesday. Last night was smooth sailing and saw double the progress of the previous nights. ...more to come later.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2008, 04:17:10 PM »

The crew of the Persistent needs to be upheld through encouragement and prayer as they continue their sacrificial efforts to find Natalee and bring her home to her family and ... to her country.  Spiritual, emotional and physical strength is continually tested as the crew endures the elements and ... separation from home and family for such a long period of time.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

Kyle ... Hotshot just informed the Monkeys that all is well with the Persistence and its crew.  Hey ... we worry when we do not received updates.

However ... I am thankful that you took time out ... time out for a much needed rest and ... a much deserved rest!

I do not know how you and the crew keeps going day after day ... enduring those weather conditions.  There has been a small craft warning most days of the search.  I get seasick just viewing the videos which have been shared on your site.

God Bless

Janet

_____

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »

Update: Thurs 17-Jan 2320 hrs

The Persistence left the dock today at 1224 hrs. The trade winds are howling at 30+kts. The 8ft+ seas are growing and brimming with white caps rolling in from the northeast. The occasional 12-14ft swell rocks the Persistence mercilessly along with its inhabitants. Inside, life goes on as usual and spirits are high. Exceptionally large swells throw around anything that isn't dogged down. The galley clock gets thrown off the wall and is now stuck reading 8:35. It seems we also have high-tech self-clearing shelves, tables, and counters. Traversing around inside the boat is a novelty in high seas. People turn into walking pendulums making Z-shaped paths leaning to and fro 30 degrees. The comedy is abruptly interupted with a sobering reminder of the ocean's peril over the radio.

2100 hrs - A call comes on the radio from the Aruban Port Authority requesting the Persistence assist a vessel in distress. A sailboat named Michelle with 6 reported on board is adrift. In such strong winds and high seas it's possible the sailboat could have broken its mast. All we know is that they need immediate help. The search team picks up the sonar and immediately heads in the reported direction of the distressed vessel. For miles we scan the dark horizon as Curacao, Aruba, and the Persistence carefully monitor the radio. Finally, we receive a position and plot a bearing and range -4.5 miles, heading 210 degrees. After a while, the Aruban port authority once again raises the Persistence on the radio, only this time with a very different position. It seems not only is the Michelle adrift, she is very lost. I can only imagine what kind of hell the people on board are going through. Powerless, drifting, scared, alone, and at the mercy of perilous seas the Michelle hopes and waits for rescue somewhere offshore Curacao. The Persistence is called off its search and turns towards the Port of Aruba at 2300 hrs. Although unspoken, we all feel a sense of disappointment knowing the Michelle is still out there in danger.

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/2008/01/xii-perilous-seas.html

Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2008, 08:22:34 AM »

God bless you all!

Please be careful. Trusting the Aruban government can prove fatal. I find it interesting that the Aruban Port Authority would contact you at 2100, 9pm, about a missing boat. Had they no one else to send for rescue? 9pm? Then they send you a different set of coordinates? I know you have to do the right thing and pursue the lost boat, but I think you might have been in an area searching where they didn't want you to be or they just wanted to cost you a night's work. I also worry they might try to harm the Persistance. I sincerely hope I am wrong but felt the need to tell you my concerns.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
crazybabyborg
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2008, 09:22:07 AM »

I share the same concerns as Maggie! I can't help but worry that the ship was in the vacinity where Natalee could be found when the call came in. Obviously, the perpetrators of Natalee's demise had help from authorities and someone knows where she was disposed. The ship may have been too close for comfort.

Take care and God Bless you for all you are doing! You remain in my thoughts and prayers every day!
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

This wasn't part of any conspiracy or diversion. The Michelle was in distress. They likely lost their mast in which case they would lose GPS positioning.  By the time they realised they were in trouble they got disoriented and didn't know where they were.  Those seas were very rough. The night can be extremely disorienting especially with clouds on the horizon, no power, and bouncing around inside of a derilict boat.  It's courtesy to respond to distress calls when you're in the vicinity. 
The Persistence is always in the vicinity where Natalee could be found.  This is why we're searching.  IMO The Aruban authorities have done nothing but help in anyway they can.
As for costing a nights work... the night was too rough to search and we would have turned towards the dock shortly anyhow.

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.