April 26, 2024, 04:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Search - Aruba - December 2007  (Read 54818 times)
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

I would like to personally express my appreciation to all of you who have followed this case for so long, supported the family and the search effort with your prayers, and continued to press for answers and resolution.  Collectively you have a voice which is impossible to silence.  While on board the Persistence, it has been a major encouragement to silently read through the postings of people watching, waiting, praying, and perservering.  Thank you all.

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2008, 08:19:02 PM »

::MonkeyShocked::Wow, Kyle!  I am so sorry they did that to you all!!    Very interesting to say the least.  Can anyone be trusted?  Please know  what an inspiration you are to all of us!   Sending love and  prayers to all of  you.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »

I would like to personally express my appreciation to all of you who have followed this case for so long, supported the family and the search effort with your prayers, and continued to press for answers and resolution.  Collectively you have a voice which is impossible to silence.  While on board the Persistence, it has been a major encouragement to silently read through the postings of people watching, waiting, praying, and perservering.  Thank you all.

Words cannot express the admiration we all feel for all of you gentle giants!  Godspeed and blessings to you all.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

My main regret with the broadcast is John Silvetti not getting the credit he was due.  John's the owner of the Persistence, owner of Marine Surveys LLC, and the field project manager of the search. 
Regardless how good of a production it was - Generally speaking, there should never be a broadcast giving details about an active investigation.  When the investigation is complete and no longer potentially sensitive to either the case, victims family, or suspect (s), then sure... why not broadcast it.  It is irresponsible and potentially damaging to do what they did (broadcasting the show while the search is still active) and they broke their agreement with Tim and John to make this production. 
I will be praying that the broadcast does not put You All in danger and if there is anything that We can do please let Us know....John Silvetti is A Great American Hero...Please let Him know that He is Very Much Admired for All He is doing to find Natalee...
That Also goes to Each and Every Crew Member. God Bless You All!
Sincerely PC

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:15 AM »

My main regret with the broadcast is John Silvetti not getting the credit he was due.  John's the owner of the Persistence, owner of Marine Surveys LLC, and the field project manager of the search. 
Regardless how good of a production it was - Generally speaking, there should never be a broadcast giving details about an active investigation.  When the investigation is complete and no longer potentially sensitive to either the case, victims family, or suspect (s), then sure... why not broadcast it.  It is irresponsible and potentially damaging to do what they did (broadcasting the show while the search is still active) and they broke their agreement with Tim and John to make this production. 

Hi Ocean Ex, and all aboard the Persistence,
That answers some big questions for me.  While watching, I couldn't help but wonder if it was wise to show the search efforts at this time, while still in progress.  So sorry that it was not intended on your part.  During the course of this case, I should say we have all learned at lot about the main stream media and what they are willing to do for ratings and hype.  If you ask me, they're all a little late coming to the dance.  I'll stay tuned here and through your blog for updates, and pray daily for your safety and success.

Sincerely,

Helen Back

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2008, 02:25:58 AM »

I think this is important to share.  Posted by LegallyLex at BFN....

CRITICAL TIME IN THE SEARCH - HELP AND IDEAS NEEDED

I am going to post this on several different areas of this blog site because I posted that there was not enough money from donations a few days ago and no one read or responded to this.  NOW, is the time, if you know of any corporations or sponsors who can help complete the search for Natalee the facts are as follows:

1.  We are in a CODE BLUE situation.  Within the next 24-48 hours there will be requests sent to several different countries, US., Aruba, Netherlands to ask for corporate sponsors to help complete the search for Natalee.  In good weather, this search can be completed in full in about 3 weeks.

2.  I am asking that if you know of any corporation or business who can help in this search to please donate monies to Texas Equusearch.

I realize that most of you have contributed to the search; however, our donations have not made a dent as to what is needed to finish the search.  Therefore, within the next 2 days a decision will be made to either complete the areas if the funds become available or to head home with the targets and shallow water search incomplete because of lack of funds.

I ask that if you know the friend of a friend of a friend who has ties to corporations to please call them to help.  Greta and Nancy Grace have been approached and have NOT EVEN RESPONDED.... What does that tell you?

People, anything that you can think of to help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:14 AM »

Sorry to hear that Kyle.  We know how important John Silvetti and the whole crew of the Persistence is.  I hope that nothing bad happens as a result of the program.

I wish you smooth sailing from here on out and am sending lots of prayers and good wishes your way.  I thank God for you every day, each one of you and also your families who have given up the thing most precious to them and that is their time with you.  God bless!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:10 AM »

Kyle and Persistence Crew,
I know there are many people out there with the means to contribute the necessary funds to complete the search.  I just don't know how to contact them!  I just sent an email to the Whitehouse and to the Vice President that included an excerpt from your blog site along with a heartfelt plea for assistance.  I asked that the information be forwarded to anyone that could help with the effort.  I am praying before I close my eyes for the night that those emails will be opened by the right person and some assistance will come your way. 

You are all TRUE AMERICAN HEROES in my heart and always will be.....I hope you know that if I had the means to fund the completion of this effort, you would have it.  You have given HOPE, where there was so little for over two months now and if the search must be discontinued we will never forget how much you have all given in your valiant effort to bring Natalee home.  Your efforts have been truly PRICELESS!  This mother will always be grateful to all of you...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
stuart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »

I don't know too much about sonar, but might a lost cell phone antenna under water reflect a certain  microwave frequency back?  And for that matter, might the lobster cage have a certain resonant frequency to diferentiate it from all the other under water junk?   Something to think about in case they haven't tried it yet.   
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »

In my opinion...

If God wills it... Natalee's remains will be found in the manner and timing that God wills it to happen.  Mark my words. That timing will be divinely perfect. From my experience, this generally happens in a manner that defies logic, is beyond chance, and confounds the ways of the wise with the actions of the weak. After it's complete, anyone who looks at the details will be left with no other explanation that there is a loving, caring, omniscient God behind it all.  By the works one knows the worksman.

During the process we are presented with two major challenges: 1) to look beyond all the garbage to see God's hand working in the situation as it unfolds, step by step.  By garbage, I mean the temptation to take full control over the situation, distractions from both well-intended people and opportunists, and discouragement.
2) Stay the course.  His course.  I believe if we overcome these challenges, we will be successful by God's view of success.  Hopefully in this case, His view of success overlaps with ours.  We'll see.

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »

Hi Kyle,
Still thinking of you all everyday and praying for a positive
outcome for your search.
My God's hand calm the turbulent waters and bring you
all peace.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2008, 12:38:10 AM »

Okay people, I have sent my emails out for tonight!  I can only continue to pray that we find corporate funding to complete the search.  If not, we certainly have tried our hardest! I have been very happy to hear the possibilities and help from you on how to obtain funding! (What a great group of people).  I will get on in the morning and continue the routine until I hear for sure from John whether or not they are coming home!  At this point, let's take it one day at a time. Please send prayers, prayers and more prayers!  Thank you so much for everything! You are all wonderful! Have a good evening! 

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »

The Persistance is equipped with the most advanced sonarapparatuur. Around Aruba speurt the ship for two months to Natalee Holloway.

"Between hooibergen searching for a pin"
By MAAIKE RUEPERT
ORANJESTAD - The father of Natalee Holloway has his hopes on the sonarschip Persistance at the remains of his daughter to be found. 
But so far, the quest, which began as early as December, no results. While the money runs out, the crew starts to the last stage: diving for suspicious objects.

Long before Joran van der Sloot his televisiebekentenis did, departed Persistance-owner John Silvetti and his men of America to Aruba. Since December 15 trotseert a fourteen storey headlines team with the most advanced sonarapparatuur at his own expense of wild sea around the island.

Almost three years after the disappearance of Natalee, it is only the first serious quest under water. Only the coastguard has made an attempt. But Silvetti smiles wrang. ,, The coastguard has never looked further than the extremely shallow waters.''

After a meeting with Holloway last autumn Silvetti said his ship available, which it is in everyday life inspects oil fields. ,, When Dave Holloway told me that he wanted nothing more than his daughter buried, broke my heart. I want the Holloways their daughter back.''

Silvetti said with Louis Schaefer, the financier who already one million dollars in the operation stopped, a zoekteam together. Silvetti with his crew an area miles from the coast and have searched dozens of meters deep. Silvetti:,, almost the entire surface of Aruba.''

Geofysicus Kyle Kingman examine all images of the sonarapparaat that only five meters above the ground is capricious. ,, We will save no inch over,''he says. For one seemed seem the images on the monitor no more than stippeltjes on a yellowish background. But even recognize groenteblikjes Kingman.

Once thought to bite them. On the seabed was a vissenkooi with something on a skull appeared. This week the duiksessies begin with a robot to about one hundred abnormal items, which have been observed on the seafloor. Silvetti:,, It is the last phase of our quest.''

The chance that they ever found something of Natalee, is small. Bones spread and are covered with coral. Natalee is only found when in a vissenkooi or anything such is dumped. ,, We look for a needle in a haystack in the middle of hooibergen,''realizes Silvetti. Kingman remains hopeful. ,, We are on the right track,''says the young geofysicus, who has decided to remain unborn daughter Natalee called.
http://www.ad.nl/holloway/article2083917.ece

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2008, 02:39:36 AM »

In my opinion...

If God wills it... Natalee's remains will be found in the manner and timing that God wills it to happen.  Mark my words. That timing will be divinely perfect. From my experience, this generally happens in a manner that defies logic, is beyond chance, and confounds the ways of the wise with the actions of the weak. After it's complete, anyone who looks at the details will be left with no other explanation that there is a loving, caring, omniscient God behind it all.  By the works one knows the worksman.

During the process we are presented with two major challenges: 1) to look beyond all the garbage to see God's hand working in the situation as it unfolds, step by step.  By garbage, I mean the temptation to take full control over the situation, distractions from both well-intended people and opportunists, and discouragement.
2) Stay the course.  His course.  I believe if we overcome these challenges, we will be successful by God's view of success.  Hopefully in this case, His view of success overlaps with ours.  We'll see.

I am humbled by you inspiring posts.  Thank you for sharing your opinions.  It is music to my ears to hear truth, especially with all the darkness that comes out of so many mouths  in regards to this case.  God Bless you!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »

Kyle,
I just sent the SM page the one with the cage pictures to a friend who helps the FBI find missing people this is what she posted back.

I do not feel this was her, in fact this feels more male energy.  I feel that she is still going to be found, what is left of her is all together, and it is somewhere where the is a small part of a sunken ship sticking out of the water, how about along a waters edge for instance, I feel you can just walk the beach and find this boat or stem sticking up and down there, not far under the undertow of beach that has swallowed her, you will find her, some sort of case or box, but not a cage like this at all!

I can’t believe this is still going on

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »

In my opinion...

It was here, when they were "without...divisions" that the glory of G_d manifested.
(2 Chronicles 5:11-14). that they may be perfected into a unit..."

Let's come together and be a force for good.

kermit

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »

Friday, February 29, 2008
XVIII. Sonar Search Complete

Update: Fri 29-Feb 2330 hrs

Since the 16th of December, off the west coast of Aruba the search team on board the RV Persistence has been combing the sea floor of an area 80% the size of Aruba. The Herculean side scan sonar search is nearing completion. Once finished, a final ROV dive target list will be constructed. This list is expected to well-exceed 100 targets. The timing and extent of the remaining ROV dive operations depends on weather, logistics, and funding.
The team is weary, yet filled with a sense of accomplishment. The team has performed very well even under the intense pressure, difficult terrain, rough seas, and often grueling pace.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2008, 11:52:05 PM »

Posted by oceanexploration

It would be rotten of me to lurk and not comment about our departure.  I agree, it feels absolutely awkward leaving.  I know it seems there are more questions now than before the search even began.  The only comfort and comment I can affort is knowing that many questions will be answered in time.

As for the remaining targets:
There are between 100-200 targets yet to be explored.  Remember, we are searching for anything that could contain human remains, not just a fish trap. It's likely most of these remaining targets are simply debris or unimportant seabed features.  However, we originally set out to leave no stone unturned.  The plan is (as of today-plans do often change) to return to these targets once we've secured adequate funding with a dedicated ROV team on a different boat.  A different boat would be more efficient at running ROV operations both in terms of maneuvering and cost.

-The Aruban authorities do not know our target list, nor have the capability to investigate most of the targets.
-AF2 is on the Island.  To me this indicates Cheney is on the island, but I can't confirm this nor comment on the reason for the visit.
-The trap in question is significantly larger than Dr. Hodges reported dimensions from the fishermen huts owner.

I may not understand...but Mr. Schaeffer took on this task and he is a multimillionaire...why stop at one million?  Did he put a cap at one million?  I understand if multi means two...I can't imagine even having close to a million dollars...I feel so bad for Dave, Robin, Beth and Jug...they have been disappointed again...I hope no one takes this post as bad...but I feel that if someone takes on a task like this it should be completed...JMHO...
Imagine how the crew of the Persistence feels?.... very conflicted! But Mr. Scaeffer put in probably closer to 2 million by the time it is said and done.  The reason for this is because the search expanded once they got there.  They have now searched an area about 80% the entire size of Aruba in the ocean.  Bad weather slowed the process along with expanding the search.  Between what everyone donated as services and cuts in pay, other things, you are probably looking closer to 3 million overall.  The money has run out.  Donations may be coming in but they need a chunk to bring the ROV crew in and operate the ROV.  I am sure Kyle can tell you but the ROV is probably the most expensive piece of equipment needing to be used on a daily basis.  This way, if we raise the money, a boat and ROV can go in and look at the targets (since that part of the work is done) and in calm weather may be in and out in 3 weeks.  (This is the winter weather the Persistence has been experiencing which has hampered them).

Please do not take this as defeat.  Please continue to try and raise the funds so that another boat with an ROV can come in and look at those targets.  As of this date and time, it just cannot be the Persistence.  And trust me when I say the Persistence and crew definitely wanted to be the ones to bring Natalee home to her family. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »

Since the search is over, at least for now, I'm going to unsticky this thread.  We'll start a new thread if a team goes back to search.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »

In my opinion...

What a beautiful, inspiriting post ~ thank you for everything ~ God bless all of you.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.