April 23, 2024, 07:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O Plus O Equals Fireworks  (Read 2268 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: December 11, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »

O Plus O equals fireworks.

Oprah has endorsed Obama. She is a huge asset to him. A few days ago she joined him in his campaign. I saw her speaking three times from different locations. What impresses me the most is that she has never EVER been interested in politics before now. She never saw a candidate that she wanted to support until now. I feel she is highly credible.

As I look at all the candidates, they are all caught up in the Washington machine, even Huckaboom. None of the candidates offer anything new. That's why I will have trouble walking across the street to the elementary school auditorium which is my polling place to vote. I'm not inspired by any of them.

However, now I have found a candidate I can stand behind. Someone with new ideas and a grass roots machine to promote them. Obama.

Oprah said: "I am supporting a candidate who gives us hope again and the ability for all of us to develop our full potential." That sits very well with me.

Regarding Obama's experience, a President does not govern alone. There are many advisors who direct and influence the agenda. Obama will learn quickly. I'm voting for hope.

I feel Obama is very special. I think there is more than meets the eye. How does a newly elected Senator rise to the top this quickly? It only enforces my belief that there is a cabal of king makers who control the world. I think they want Obama to be elected.

I will wait and see how the situation unfolds. I am for Obama. If he is a one man sleeper cell, what should we call Oprah?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »

From Time Magazine letters to the editor (the inbox).

"Americans are tired of the same old bait and switch from Hillary Clinton. We need a new beginning, a fresh face with original ideas for the future. People have opened their eyes and see a new beginning with Barack Obama."

Hope is his message. Hope was also the reason why Bill Clinton got elected. I will write to you again when the message of hope gets Obama elected.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:33:21 PM »

I guess I am not swayed by celebrity endorsements.  If I were perhaps we should be voting for Hugo Chavez.     I am not saying Obama is not a good choice, only that when I do decide it won't be because the "celebrity" of the hour is standing beside that person.

I do not find the credibility of celebrities to be all that much better than the average american.  Some make good choices and some make bad ones.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 12:28:45 AM »

GO,

Hugo Chavez is a politician, not a celebrity.

Would you say that, as an average American, you have more credibility than Oprah?

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 12:36:31 AM »

Have you earned enough money to contribute millions to the poor?

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:41:16 AM »

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get arbitrary.

My only point is that I've found my candidate, the one who gives me hope. That's all.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get arbitrary.

My only point is that I've found my candidate, the one who gives me hope. That's all.

I wasn't offended in the least, Louise.  I am glad you have settled on a candidate.  My point was that money doesn't always equal credibility.  If I have less money than Oprah does than make me less credible?  How about % of income and time devoted to the poor and needy.  It is easy for some with untold riches to donate millions.  It is more difficult for those with less to donate what truly represents a sacrifice.  I do not wish to imply that Oprah is not generous.  I hardly think she needs to alter her lifestyle because of her donations.  I know many Americans who do make that type of sacrifice for fellow mankind.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.