March 29, 2024, 02:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Hoops  (Read 53360 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »

WRECK

LeBryan Nash (Dallas, Texas/Lincoln), the No. 10-ranked player in the country, committed to Oklahoma State and coach Travis Ford on Thursday. From the moment Nash stepped on campus in Stillwater he fell in love.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5711324

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »

If you haven't gotten the time to watch Jimmer Fredette out of BYU play, you must take the time. Fantastic player! This is from a game last year where he scored 49 on Arizona. He's really fun to watch. I'm not a BYU fan, but I'd love to see BYU make a run with this kid in the NCAA tourney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COcL1KaIUA&feature=related

ONE SHINING MOMENT

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/aggies/2011/10/kennedy-says-he-has-early-stage-of-parkinsons-disease/
Kennedy says he has early stage of Parkinson’s Disease
October 27, 2011

Below is a release from Texas A&M on Thursday evening concerning the health of basketball coach Billy Kennedy:

STATEMENT FROM TEXAS A&M MEN’S HEAD BASKETBALL COACH BILLY KENNEDY:
“As some of you know, I have been experiencing neck and shoulder pain for several months. While not debilitating, the pain has affected my ability to sleep with any duration or regularity. As a result of this and my schedule, I had reached a state of exhaustion and was advised by my attending physician to take some time to restore my strength and to further explore the underlying cause of my discomfort.

Through testing, it has been discovered that I am dealing with an early stage of Parkinson’s disease. At this time, I am heeding the advice of my doctors and addressing the disease and its symptoms. We have begun a long-term treatment plan and recovery. My doctors are encouraged and are telling me I will be able to come back soon.

I am very grateful for the outpouring of support and the prayers from friends, family and the Aggie Network. We have a good prognosis, be encouraged, and join with me in eager anticipation for the success that awaits us. My intention is to return to the court as soon as it is prudent. Until my return, I have great confidence in Coach (Glynn) Cyprien and the staff I have assembled to lead this great group of young men and this basketball program.”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/polls?poll=1
AP Top 25: Oct 28, 2011
The Associated Press Top 25 Men's College Basketball poll, with number of first-place votes and record, total points and previous ranking:
Records through Oct 28, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7160401/north-carolina-tar-heels-no-1-ap-preseason-men-basketball-poll
UNC No. 1 in AP preseason poll
Updated October 28, 2011

North Carolina broke a tie with its fiercest rival and moved into one with one of college basketball's most storied programs.

The Tar Heels, who return all five starters from the team that reached the regional finals last season, were the runaway No. 1 in The Associated Press' men's preseason Top 25 on Friday. It is the eighth time they have received that honor since the preseason poll started in 1961-62.

That breaks a tie with Duke, North Carolina's Tobacco Road rival, and moves them into a tie with UCLA, the program that dominated the sport unlike any other under then-coach John Wooden.
 ::snipping2::
North Carolina received all but three of the No. 1 votes cast by the 65-member national media poll, finishing well ahead of Kentucky, the team that eliminated the Tar Heels last season one step from the Final Four.

North Carolina also was ranked No. 1 in the ESPN/USA Today preseason coaches' poll.

With the frontcourt of Harrison Barnes, John Henson and Tyler Zeller all passing up the chance to enter the NBA draft and point guard Kendall Marshall having a chance to run the team for the whole season instead of just the last 20 games, the Tar Heels have the personnel to start the season comfortably atop the poll.
North Carolina has been the preseason No. 1 in three of the past five seasons. In 2008-09, the Tar Heels were a unanimous preseason No. 1 with five starters back, and that season ended with a national championship.

The Tar Heels' other preseason No. 1s were in 2007-08 (Final Four); 1993-94 (second round); 1986-87 (regional final); 1983-84 (regional semifinals); 1981-82 (national championship); and 1977-78 (first round).
Ohio State, which got one first-place vote, was third, and defending national champion Connecticut, which received the other two No. 1 votes, was fourth.
Syracuse, Duke, Vanderbilt, Florida, Louisville and Pittsburgh rounded out the top 10.

Memphis was 11th followed by Baylor, Kansas, Xavier, Wisconsin, Arizona, UCLA, Michigan, Alabama and Texas A&M. The last five teams were Cincinnati, Marquette, Gonzaga, California and Missouri.

Fourteen of the teams in the preseason poll were ranked in last season's final poll. Ohio State was No. 1 entering the NCAA tournament and the Buckeyes lost to Kentucky in the regional semifinals.

Duke was No. 1 in the 2010-11 preseason poll and went on to finish third in the final poll before losing to Arizona in the regional semifinals. Connecticut wasn't ranked before last season but worked its way to No. 9 in the final poll.

Vanderbilt had the longest stretch of not being in the preseason Top 25. The Commodores previously were in the rankings in 1993-94. Xavier had the next-longest stretch; its last preseason appearance was in 2002-03.
The Big East has six ranked teams, two more than the Big 12 and Southeastern Conference, while the Big Ten and Pac-12 had three each.

Duke has the longest current streak of being ranked at 78 polls, a run that started with the preseason poll in 2007-08. Kansas is next with 46, a streak that began on Feb. 2, 2009.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.