March 28, 2024, 07:45:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Hoops  (Read 53343 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: December 16, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »

Any NCAA basketball fans out there?

UAB beat Kentucky today. UAB has a player who only missed 2 shots the whole game, and he scored over 30 points. I can't remember his name. Sad But he was awesome!

Florida is losing right now. Shocked

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »

i guess i am glad gilespie skipped on ark job last year...wow....kentucky is 4-4 preseason...i bet the big blue were wishing they had not sent tubby packing....lol!!!
DIFFERENT SPORT SAME OLD PROBLEMS!! coaches and fans!
we lost our first road game to oklahoma yesterday by 11....but it was tied with 4 min to go....our last year freshman all american is in a bad shooting slump!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:56:16 AM »

I saw that game cuz. I like that long haired kid you have - I think his name is Hill? Your new coach seems like a great guy too. He's so enthusiastic! That's got to get the team fired up.
I was pulling for you, but that big kid from Africa is a lot to handle. Shocked

The Gators pulled it out in the end, but they aren't playing very well. AU seems to be playing a little better than they did at the start.
Since I went to UAB, I'm always glad to see them win. They usually have a lot of basketball talent.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »

Congratulations to BOC"s Vols!!
They are ranked #2, and they beat #1 Memphis tonight in an awesome game! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »

Congratulations to BOC"s Vols!!
They are ranked #2, and they beat #1 Memphis tonight in an awesome game! 

I even watched the end of Nebraska's game yesterday!  They beat ranked TX A&M even after their starting guard went out w/an injury.  I know it's not a big deal to anyone else but this is the first time in 9 years that NU has beaten a ranked team 2 games in a row.

I am cheering for our coach, Doc Sadler who so deserves to win.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »

We should be getting close to the selection of the 64 teams soon March madness is almost here. As soon as they come out with a list, lets pick our final fours and see who gets the closest.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:58:12 PM »

Tee hee... I am so ignorant on college bball you are all sure to win!~ But I'll throw in my guesses.  You'll have to remind me when it's time though ok?

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »

Hey beans! Congrats to Doc Sadler and the Huskers!

AU beat Bama last Thurs. and it was very satisfying....
We are still rebuilding, and half our starters are out with injuries. It has been a dismal season for us.
Yesterday I watched the Vandy-Ark. game, and it was some kind of battle. Great college basketball! Vandy lost by a point or two, but those 2 teams are just awesome. Vandy has a 3-point shooter who can make a basket that seems impossible. Lots of fun to watch.

Kiwi - You're on!  Right off the bat, I'd pick TN.....
I love the NCAA Tournament! I always like how a Cinderella team rises to the occasion.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »

Without looking the NCAA picks got to be very soon. Pdh and Bean should we start a thread for it? I'm not sure anyone would see our picks in this thread.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »

Hey Kiwi - feel free to start a thread for the tournament, if you think that would work better. I'll follow along and post behind you, because I LOVE March Madness!!!!

I'm thinking of starting one for NCAA baseball. Are you interested in college baseball at all? Doesn't AZ have pretty good teams every year?

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

I believe March 16th they come out with the selection. We have to type in all the brackets. Everyone who wants to pick, will need to select one team from each of the four brackets plus their choice for the winner. Pdh TN is one of the current top picks for a bracket. Further down I like Texas, but we will see how they finish the season. I think most teams have only 2 more games left.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »

I like Texas too Kiwi. I've only seen them play once this year, but they are impressive.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »

It looks like UCLA won the Pac 10.
I think TN can take them down..........

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »

Just a few days away! We should have the pairings any time now.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »

I think the UAB Blazers won't make it now, since they lost yesterday.

Basketball

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »

Pdh- I'm going to be in San Diego this weekend I'm not sure if the pairings will be out Sunday or Monday? I'll try to load them on a new thread if it times out for me. Sorry about UAB but you never know.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

OH MY GOSH Kiwi!
I was watching the Alabama - Miss. State game and a tornado (possibly) went over the Georgia Dome. The roof was swaying and debris fell out onto the court. There had been a tornado warning issued for Downtown Atlanta, and they think the funnel cloud went right over the building.
The crowd in the upper decks panicked, and the security in the building had to react to keep things under control. It was just short of a stampede, and the announcer had to tell the crowd that it was weather related, and that they were safe. It was almost a disaster of great magnitude. They sent the teams to the locker rooms when the debris started to fall. The game had gone into OT, or it otherwise would have been over already.
The TV guys who were in the upper area of the dome on their platform manning the cameras got down fast right as it all started. They left their equipment and bailed, because their scaffolding was swaying back and forth. One camera guy said he had been doing that kind of TV work at sporting events for years, and it's the first time he's ever been scared like that.
There was some damage to the building that they had to assess before they could resume play, and they had to wait for the National Weather service to give the all clear on the weather.
The game was great, and very exciting, even before the tornado passed by. The Georgia dome security personnel and staff handled it very well, and prevented the crowd from getting out of control, because people were scared that the building was coming down.
Wow! Live TV is full of surprises sometimes. The announcers are saying that they heard the tornado pass by...they could hear the roar.
They just reported that there is debris all over outside the Georgia Dome, and it sustained some structural damage to the exterior.
That's what's going on at the SEC basketball tournament!  Can you believe it? It's just sort of surreal....like the World Series game that was interrupted by an earthquake.
The announcers said that the players were all worried about their families who were in the stands while they were sequestered in the locker rooms. They didn't know what was happening out in the arena. What a tough way to have to play ball. The game was delayed for 63 minutes. Dang....
Now the teams behind this game will have to play well into the middle of the night. You know it will affect the way they play. My my my.....this is really something to watch unfold on live TV.
I don't think I can stay awake to watch the last game now.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »

The SEC Tournament game between GA and Kentucky has been postponed until tomorrow.
Apparently, the CNN Center and downtown Atlanta was hit by a tornado tonight, and 9 people have been injured. One of them is in critical condition.
This means the bracketts may not be released on Sunday, because the SEC will not be ready. The Georgia Dome was damaged, and a building collapsed as well in Downtown Atlanta. The Omni Hotel, where most of the teams and tournament fans were staying has been damaged as well.
Atlanta is a mess right now.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »

The game will finish at noon today and then the winner will play later this evening to keep everything on schedule.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »

Thanks GO.
There were decisions made overnight apparently that changed what they thought would happen last night. The GA-KY game was played in the GA Tech facility instead of the GA Dome. It's really a hardship on the winning team (GA), but what else can they do about it?  They wanted to advance, so they'll have to play whenever the next game is scheduled, and hope the kids have enough gas left in their tanks to finish that game at the level they'll need to play and win. GA is definitely the underdog against whoever they play.
My goodness.....this is really a unique tournament this year, in so many ways.
There seem to be some serious issues with the calls made by the officials in several of the games.....including the GA-KY game, which may have cost KY the game. It seems to be going on in all conferences, and there's a lot of controversy surrounding the problem. Lots of contention this year between coaches and game officials.....more than the usual talk and complaining......
GO - what's going on in your conference? I think Indiana plays later today, and that's all I've had a chance to find out.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.