March 29, 2024, 07:54:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Hoops  (Read 53365 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 11:26:18 PM »

Nope, Indiana got knocked off by Minn. and Purdue by Illinois.  Today Illinois beat Minn.  We came from 12 down to beat Mich. State.  Tomorrow is championship game between Illinois and Wisconsin.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »

That loud "Pop!" you heard today may well have been the Big Blue bubble bursting with Georgia's win. LOL. That'll teach them to make fun of my Gators, now they will get saddled with the undercard just like us hopefully.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »

I heard that Wisconsin won yesterday. Congrats to your team GO! I hope they do well in the championship game.

Wow cuz! The Hogs were calling last night! Good luck to them today! I think they'll win. I've liked them all season, along with TN and Miss. St.
GA is the Cinderella story so far....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »

We are on our way to getting an automatic bid by winning the Big Ten Tourney!!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 06:25:45 PM »

Congrats GO!

And how about GA winning the SEC tourney? Unbelievable. Congrats to the Dawgs! They are really playing well right now, even above their talent level, but they have a lot of heart, and it's carried them this far.
What a story. No one saw them coming!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »

My picks are North Carolina in the east, Georgetown in the Midwest, Texas in the South, UCLA in the West. With Texas as the Winner!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »

I made a mistake and should have put the chart in a separate thread.  I'll do that now and everyone re-vote/choose in that thread, OK?
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 12:14:51 AM »

Gosh there have been some interesting games.  What a weekend.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »

I agree with you GO!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »

Heh GO - the Omaha paper had some real nice things to say about your team today.  They also said there are boatloads of WI fans here as well.

In the downtown area - called the Old Market - there are lots of novelty stores.  A nice area and great restaurants.  One shop owner has shirts for sale that say "I am a BOliever".  Of course these red and white shirts were purchased for our football fans but since you have a BO - the Wisconsin fans scooped them all up.   ::MonkeyHaHa::The fans were wondering why this store had these shirts "especially" made for them.  Thought that was cute.

Best of luck and yes, there have been some great games.  I don't usually watch much of them but I have this year.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »

My Bracket is really getting a lot of red ink!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 11:03:07 PM »

This needs no commentary from me for sure, a friend sent me the link and I just had to post it.

Coaches, phooey !   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSayzTAvXsg&NR=1

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 11:24:22 PM »

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »

I have no idea what Kevin's rant was all about.  I will say in his defense that I suspect that it again may be something to do with attacks on his players by the media.  Kevin has just taken the women's coaching position at Michigan.  He was a very successful coach at UW-Green Bay.  He always had an excellent rapport with all the women on his teams.  He was extremely successful.  When he left this last year his team members and the community were deeply saddened, but understood he could not turn down what was obviously an advancement in his career.  As a coach in the area I have known him as being excellent with players, staff and parents.  We all know that the media can be rather insensitive at times. 

Having been around his programs for a long time, I would tend to give him the doubt when it comes to this obviously highly edited youtube presentation.  I might add that because I had two daughters who went to Universities on Basketball scholarships, I would not have hesitated having them play for Kevin had he been in the area at the time.  I would need more of an explanation of the circumstances before I condemned him.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »

GO - it was ranting over the lack of offensive rebounding by his team. I can understand frustration but I do think it was over the top. He might be a great coach indeed, I just wish this kind of emotional explosion didn't happen in college sports. Of course it pales in comparison to Bobby tossing chairs at refs onto the hardwoods....

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/columns/story?columnist=hays_graham&id=3272127

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

Here's an article out of the Seattle times regarding three local players that will be in the Mcdonald's All-american game.Peyton Siva(Louisville bound),Abdul Gaddy(Washington Bound) , as well as Avery Bradley who is headed to the University of Texas...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2008758231_mcdonalds19.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »

KTF it looks like you have an abundance of talent out there, should be a very interesting game with them split on separate teams too? I know so little about west coast players but son's high school roomie at prep school plays for Bucknell and his biggest excitement was when UCLA flew him out for a recruiting visit.

I promised to tell you about Coach K, it's a story that I love for at the time it was a little uncomfortable, but I also think it demonstrates my son's drive and some great things about Coach K.

Daughter's high school team was playing Coach K's daughter's team, she in fact was their PG and pretty good too. Daughter was a freshman and son just into the 7th grade, but basketball was his game then. Everywhere we went he took his basketball, bounce bounce bounce until your head hurt. Coack K was sitting at the very top of the bleachers, we were at the bottom and son kept peeking at him from time to time. At half-time the teams went to the locker rooms but before I could stop him, son ran out onto the floor bouncing his ball. I got up to go get him but an assistant at their school told me not to worry, that they let kids shoot around during half-time.

Well son is the only one out there  but doggone if he doesn't start shooting the arc and did not miss a single shot. He was still so short enough he had to jump to make them, skinny legs and all, but he had also worn a Duke shirt. At the end of his last shot from the arc, he starts dribbling and looks up at Coach K. Coach K stands up and calls out "son where do you go to school, I might want to talk to you one day". Son looks up, states his school's name with a big old grin. Then Coach K knowing his school was a new one that was a magnet for education and technology, then said "send me an email then". Everyone in the stands clapped, it was a great moment.

I think that story says a whole lot of good things about Coach K and BTW, his daughter's team beat the heck out of us in that game !

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »

KTF it looks like you have an abundance of talent out there, should be a very interesting game with them split on separate teams too? I know so little about west coast players but son's high school roomie at prep school plays for Bucknell and his biggest excitement was when UCLA flew him out for a recruiting visit.

I promised to tell you about Coach K, it's a story that I love for at the time it was a little uncomfortable, but I also think it demonstrates my son's drive and some great things about Coach K.

Daughter's high school team was playing Coach K's daughter's team, she in fact was their PG and pretty good too. Daughter was a freshman and son just into the 7th grade, but basketball was his game then. Everywhere we went he took his basketball, bounce bounce bounce until your head hurt. Coack K was sitting at the very top of the bleachers, we were at the bottom and son kept peeking at him from time to time. At half-time the teams went to the locker rooms but before I could stop him, son ran out onto the floor bouncing his ball. I got up to go get him but an assistant at their school told me not to worry, that they let kids shoot around during half-time.

Well son is the only one out there  but doggone if he doesn't start shooting the arc and did not miss a single shot. He was still so short enough he had to jump to make them, skinny legs and all, but he had also worn a Duke shirt. At the end of his last shot from the arc, he starts dribbling and looks up at Coach K. Coach K stands up and calls out "son where do you go to school, I might want to talk to you one day". Son looks up, states his school's name with a big old grin. Then Coach K knowing his school was a new one that was a magnet for education and technology, then said "send me an email then". Everyone in the stands clapped, it was a great moment.

I think that story says a whole lot of good things about Coach K and BTW, his daughter's team beat the heck out of us in that game !

That's a great story!Although i'm a Big Tar-Heel fan you gotta respect Coach K and the program he's built!Lots of talent coming from Seattle.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

We need a weekly rankings or I do, now I'll have to follow the west coast teams.

Coach K is a good man and I think Roy will take UNC to the dance again this season, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.