March 28, 2024, 09:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Hoops  (Read 53344 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »

We need a weekly rankings or I do, now I'll have to follow the west coast teams.

Coach K is a good man and I think Roy will take UNC to the dance again this season, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

They better get there.I got my North Carolina retro-shorts from the Jordan,Worthy,Perkins era which i wear for every Tar Heel game!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

Getting excited.. Husky's VS Bruins coming up in a few Hrs.....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

oh good well I have some Visio diagrams to revise tonight so I'll try to see if we get the game in our neck of the woods !

Hope you win it !! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »

Guys you will have to help me know who's who in round ball... I have to admit to have actually watched some Husker games this year.  Our team is so undersized but they can play some D and are all heart.... so I luv em.  Who should I be cheering on?  TIA
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »

oh good well I have some Visio diagrams to revise tonight so I'll try to see if we get the game in our neck of the woods !

Hope you win it !! 

It's on Fox so it may or may not be regional.8pm game...Pauly pavilion and the Bruins are gonna be a tough battle.Will update.What time is it?Game time!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »

Guys you will have to help me know who's who in round ball... I have to admit to have actually watched some Husker games this year.  Our team is so undersized but they can play some D and are all heart.... so I luv em.  Who should I be cheering on?  TIA

Frijole.As i'm from Seattle i'm a University of Washington fan.They play UCLA i speak!Go Dawgs....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »

36 to 27.UCLA leading.Very physical game.Huskies need to play through the physicality and get to the free throw line!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »

36 to 27.UCLA leading.Very physical game.Huskies need to play through the physicality and get to the free throw line!

Got beat.Outplayed,as well as outcoached!End of story...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »

KTF, I see UCLA squeaked one over on your Huskies. It was a respectable loss and you were likely disappointed but it was a strong showing. I'll bet they win their next game, the good thing about round ball as frijole/bean calls it, is there are twice as many games as football and always another game up and coming to keep you pushing forward ! I was not able to find your game on our stations.

I did watch the Lady Vols and KY tonight, boy KY had a great game. I'm so partial to the lady Vols I was disappointed for them but KY earned it.

Frijole, have to teach KTF that we call you "bean" too  Anyway here is the ranking for this week from ESPN. I think the AP puts out a new one at week's end too. Round ball rankings change so fast and often I'll never keep up 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/standings

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 01:17:45 AM »

KTF, I see UCLA squeaked one over on your Huskies. It was a respectable loss and you were likely disappointed but it was a strong showing. I'll bet they win their next game, the good thing about round ball as frijole/bean calls it, is there are twice as many games as football and always another game up and coming to keep you pushing forward ! I was not able to find your game on our stations.

I did watch the Lady Vols and KY tonight, boy KY had a great game. I'm so partial to the lady Vols I was disappointed for them but KY earned it.

Frijole, have to teach KTF that we call you "bean" too  Anyway here is the ranking for this week from ESPN. I think the AP puts out a new one at week's end too. Round ball rankings change so fast and often I'll never keep up 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/standings

Next game is at USC which is gonna be another tough one.We're a different team from game to game.Lady Vols,Connecticut Huskies rivalry is absolutely awesome....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »

Here's the rankings from the AP and USA polls on 2/16.

My state has 3 in the top 10 and my alma mater WFU moved up the rankings too!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

KTF, Coach K tossed a freshman into his mix for his team, seemed to be a real catalyst for them.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »

UW VS ARIZONA..Coming up in 10 minutes..Go Dawgs!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »

Great story on our BIG GUY Jon Brockman,Hopefully he find a reserve role somewhere in the NBA.Consumate player,teamate,as well as individual!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/402474_brockman06.html

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:24 PM »

Great story on our BIG GUY Jon Brockman,Hopefully he find a reserve role somewhere in the NBA.Consumate player,teamate,as well as individual!

I'll piggy back this article about Coach Romar..Feeding you sports fans some PAC-10 stuff from the Emerald City.....Go Huskies....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

I'll piggy back this article about Coach Romar..Feeding you sports fans some PAC-10 stuff from the Emerald City.....Go Huskies....

Guess i gotta give you the link....duhhhhh

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/402531_thiel06.html

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »

It's a down year for the SEC in men's BB... but not the women's! 

But AU men's team is kinda hot right now. We've won 7 of the last 8 games, and we came from behind and beat Bama in their house Wed. night.

Today we play LSU in the men's BB..... We need the win to have any hope of a bid to post season tournament play.

Nell's Belle's play UT in the  women's tourney. We've already won the SEC Championship outright.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/

Both games are televised, so guess where I'll be all afternoon? I need to get the dog dressed in his AU gear. I may have to get a female dog and name her Nell.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

We need a weekly rankings or I do, now I'll have to follow the west coast teams.

Coach K is a good man and I think Roy will take UNC to the dance again this season, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

They better get there.I got my North Carolina retro-shorts from the Jordan,Worthy,Perkins era which i wear for every Tar Heel game!

I went to the opening round of the NCAA Tournament in Birmingham when Michael Jordan was playing for NC. They beat AU in the first round....

I also saw Charles Barkley, and Wesley Persons play when they were at AU. Those were exciting times.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »

i attended an ark razorback vs north carolina michael jordan team game in 1982 in pine bluff. we won on a last second shot, i was about 5 months pregnant and thought i was going to lose her i was jumping around so much...lol!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »

i attended an ark razorback vs north carolina michael jordan team game in 1982 in pine bluff. we won on a last second shot, i was about 5 months pregnant and thought i was going to lose her i was jumping around so much...lol!!!

I know what you mean.....
It's a wonder any of mine survived Auburn football!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2009, 11:59:29 PM »

Congrats to KTF, your team made you proud. First championship title since 1953, sounds like your coach used some halftime motivation bringing scissors in his pocket  I hope Brockman can find a berth in the NBA too, he really does seem to be outstanding all around. He had 18 rebounds in that title game, very impressive.

Welcome back PDH, glad to see the AU women having such a banner season and I hope the men continue to finish strong.

In these parts it's all about the rivalry UNC vs Duke which is tomorrow. Sometimes Michael Jordan attends those games, he truly put the UNC program at the national level and Dean Smith was the finest of coaches too. Quite a pair those two, I probably got to see him play during those years a dozen times. My brother worshipped him as did most basketball players.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.