April 24, 2024, 08:02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #705 12/18 - 12/20/07  (Read 227468 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 18, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:01:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »

Maybe now that it's closed, the truth will finally come out.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »

Msmaple..that has crossed my mind also. I hope with all my heart they find Natalee and bring her home.
But I hate the idea of Tim and friends having to spend their Holidays any where near that hell hole.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »

Posted by Heli at RU:
Fox News
December 18, 2007

FNC: How did you find out the charges had been dropped and the case is closed?

Jug Twitty:

Basically (inaudible) TV just called a few minutes ago and told me

FNC:

So you didn't get word from the prosecutors themselves?

Jug:

No, not from the prosecutor

FNC:

Your reaction?

Jug:

I called Beth immediately. I'm very disappointed. I've been disappointed since they brought up the new evidence . I hate that they sent Beth down there, went through all the questioning with the new prosecutor who seemed like he was going to help and actually nothing came of that. Actually they basically lied to her for 3 or 4 hours and I'm just really, really upset and I know she is too because the way that she's been treated , the way the whole thing went down; of course they could have solved the case in the first 10 days in my opinion if it had been handled properly.

You know Aruba, there's a lot of nice people there but they really have a black eye if they respect somebody like Paulus van der Sloot who I personally believe is the lowest human being I've ever been around, he has no backbone and why he and his son didn't help us look for Natalee that first week is beyond me. If they allow a person like that to walk around their island, then there are some problems down there.

FNC:

Jug Twitty, thanks for being with us.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »

Aruba Prosecutors End Investigation Into Disappearance of American Teen Natalee Holloway

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —  Prosecutors in Aruba say they have closed the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

The search for the blond, blue-eyed Alabama girl who went missing the night of May 30, 2005 spanned more than two years and involved hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, FBI agents and even Dutch F-16 jets laden with search equipment.

The investigation has revolved around the same three suspects: Joran van der Sloot, a 20-year-old Dutch citizen and the Kalpoe brothers, Deepak, 24, and Satish, 21, from Suriname.

They were the last people known to see Holloway before she vanished, and all three have denied any role in her disappearance. They have been arrested several times — the latest arrests coming last month — but released after different judges ruled there was not enough evidence to keep holding them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317293,00.html
(This is a developing story. Refresh browser for updates.)
~~~~~~~~~

Different judges.....MY A$$ !! Mad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »

From Pearl @ BFN

Rosemarie Arnold on Fox and saying case completely dismissed for Joran.  Said Joe has spoken with Joran and that they are thrilled with news of this dismissal.  She would not confirm that Joran is back in school.  Asked about the new evidence, she said she and Joe went and there was no new evidence.  Calls it Niffong type case.  Says all have sympathy for the family, but that is time for Joran to go on with his life that has been interrupted from day one.  Asked about litigation, she says there is a potential for a civil suit.  She and Joe will sit down with the family to figure that out..........

Jug now on ......... Dutch TV called and told him the case closed.  Reaction, I called Beth immediately, I am very disappointed and I hate that they sent Beth down there and put through questioning and the new prosecutor .. think lied to her for 3 or 4 hours and I am very upset and she is too.  The way she has been treated, ... Aruba has nice people, but really got a black eye, people like Paulus, they allow a person like that to walk around their island, they got a real problem down there .........

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:56:39 AM »

Good ole Jug!   I really miss him.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 11:56:44 AM »

Last Edited: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2007, 10:35 AM CST 
Created: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2007, 10:25 AM CST 

Natalee Holloway Case Closed

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC-TV MyFoxAL.com) -- Prosecutors in Aruba say they have closed the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Refresh this story

Today the Aruban Public Prosecutors Office notified 24 year old Deepak Kalpoe, his brother, 21 year old Satish Kalpoe, and 20 year old Joran van der Sloot, the three suspects in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, that no charges will be brought against them.

At the same time the American lawyer of the parents of Natalee Holloway was informed by telephone and fax about this decision.

Based on a lengthy and extensive supplementary investigation, executed by a mixed team of Dutch and Aruban detectives, the three suspects were re-arrested by the end of November. These arrests were based on new evidence that was gathered during the investigation of the past eight months.

Although a judge shared the Public Prosecutors decision that sufficient new evidence was produced to justify the re-arrest of the suspects and keep them in custody. The period of custody did not bring the final breakthrough in this investigation.

All three suspects claimed their right not to give any statement at all.

Finally, in an appeal of the Public Prosecutor against the early release of the two Kalpoe brothers, the Court of Appeal ruled that the investigation did not show sufficient evidence to conclude that Natalee Holloway had died due to a violent crime. It were exactly these kinds of crimes the Public Prosecutor held against the three suspects.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar with the three suspects on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to return home with fellow high school classmates celebrating their graduation on this Caribbean island. She was 18 at the time.

Share this story! Copy this link:
http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=525179

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5251790&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:56:55 AM »

I just heard the news and I'm stunned, but I guess we shouldn't of expected Aruba to do the right thing.  We knew the Dec. 31st deadline was comeing but what makes me really curious about this is why are they closeing this case early especially since the water search has just begun? 
Robots:  Is it time for war?

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 11:58:40 AM »

Like I said -- The case was closed 2 1/2 years ago.  UNLEASH HELL!

Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 12:00:33 PM »

I'm available for travel shows in the Nashville or Memphis areas.
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 12:02:34 PM »

Today the Aruban Public Prosecutors Office notified 24 year old Deepak Kalpoe, his brother, 21 year old Satish Kalpoe, and 20 year old Joran van der Sloot, the three suspects in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, that no charges will be brought against them.

Typical--the prosecutors notified Joran and the Kalpoes, but Natalee's family had to hear about it from the Dutch media.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 12:02:47 PM »

Surfer Dude giving out information, but he is confused about the justice system down there, as he is explaining the jury did not have enough information.  Hell, he is not the only one confused about their justice system.  The world was until this time. Now the world knows, there is a paucity of justice in Aruba and this serves as a warning to the world, "Keep away, we don't want you here, and we cab kill you if you come and no one can do anything about it."

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03:24 PM »

Interesting to hear Jug's comments. I had wondered if the request for Beth, Dave and JQK to go to Aruba was payback for Beth and Greta's recent visit and bad press. Didn't want to think that evil!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03:25 PM »

I just heard the news and I'm stunned, but I guess we shouldn't of expected Aruba to do the right thing.  We knew the Dec. 31st deadline was comeing but what makes me really curious about this is why are they closeing this case early especially since the water search has just begun? 
Robots:  Is it time for war?

They want to wrap it up so they can enjoy their Christmas vacation and parties without having to fool with any of this.

Compare and contrast those going to search at this time of year and those trying to close everything down.

I still would like to hear it from Beth and Dave that they passed on any minor charges being filed.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »

Dutch media write:
OM stopt zaak tegen Joran van der Sloot. Het Openbaar Ministerie op Aruba zet de zaak rond de verdwenen Natalee Holloway niet door.

Van der Sloot
Het OM liet recent drie verdachten van de verdwijning vastzetten, onder wie de Nederlander Joran van der Sloot. Ze kwamen weer vrij omdat de rechter vond dat er te weinig nieuw bewijs was.

Vakantie
De Amerikaanse Natalee Holloway verdween op 30 mei 2005 spoorloos tijdens een vakantie van haar middelbare school op Aruba. De drie verdachten waren de laatsten met wie ze gezien was. De hoop dat de zaak nog wordt opgelost, lijkt nu vervlogen.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »

CNN take.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/12/18/holloway.case/index.html

No charges against suspects in Holloway case

CNN) -- None of the three suspects in the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway will be charged, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said Tuesday.
Hans Mos, the chief public prosecutor in the Dutch Caribbean island territory, said there was not enough evidence to take the case to trial.

All three suspects in the case already had been released.

A Court of Appeal judge in Aruba ordered the release of Joran van der Sloot, a 20-year-old Dutch citizen, 11 days ago, and brothers Deepak, 24, and Satish Kalpoe, 21, of Surinam were released the previous week.

The three men have maintained their innocence in the case.

The judge in van der Sloot's case found that the "recent investigation has not resulted in more direct evidence than before that Natalee Holloway has died as a result of a violent crime against her or that the suspect has been involved in such a crime," Mos' office said.

All three men, who were arrested and released during the initial investigation in 2005, were arrested again November 21, and authorities cited new evidence against them. 

That new evidence has not been disclosed, but Mos has said it was gathered from advanced techniques used to re-examine existing information, including cell phone records and text messages exchanged the night Holloway disappeared.

The three were held on suspicion of manslaughter, or assault and battery resulting in Holloway's death, authorities have said.

Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared, has not been seen since she left an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub on May 30, 2005, with the three. She was on the island with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, but she failed to show up the following day for her flight home.

Mos previously said evidence in the case would show Holloway is dead, although her body has never been found. Searchers hired by her parents continue to seek the body.

The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse on the northern tip of the island after they left the nightclub.
Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there because she wanted to stay.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

Beth "I could NOT have seen this coming." per Harris Falkner who spoke to her by phone.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

Jossy is furious!  Says this case is NOT over.  Mentioned the water search.  Oh, he's pisssssed.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

ABC 33/40 Birmingham is quoting
"Aruban Officials" as saying that
"We have gone the extra mile and have exhaused all of our
resources in trying to solve this case. We have notified the suspects
that they will not be charged."

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.