April 30, 2024, 08:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #705 12/18 - 12/20/07  (Read 227623 times)
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2007, 01:15:09 PM »

Two remaining "hopes":

1. Jossy will release everything he has, including the documents ALE has asked him not to publish.

2. The Persistance and crew will find something.

In My Opinion
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »

Two remaining "hopes":

1. Jossy will release everything he has, including the documents ALE has asked him not to publish.

2. The Persistance and crew will find something.
and:
3) Beth will release what SHE knows
4) The FBI will release what THEY know.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »

CNN take.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/12/18/holloway.case/index.html

No charges against suspects in Holloway case

CNN) -- None of the three suspects in the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway will be charged, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said Tuesday.
Hans Mos, the chief public prosecutor in the Dutch Caribbean island territory, said there was not enough evidence to take the case to trial.

All three suspects in the case already had been released.

A Court of Appeal judge in Aruba ordered the release of Joran van der Sloot, a 20-year-old Dutch citizen, 11 days ago, and brothers Deepak, 24, and Satish Kalpoe, 21, of Surinam were released the previous week.

The three men have maintained their innocence in the case.

The judge in van der Sloot's case found that the "recent investigation has not resulted in more direct evidence than before that Natalee Holloway has died as a result of a violent crime against her or that the suspect has been involved in such a crime," Mos' office said.

All three men, who were arrested and released during the initial investigation in 2005, were arrested again November 21, and authorities cited new evidence against them. 

That new evidence has not been disclosed, but Mos has said it was gathered from advanced techniques used to re-examine existing information, including cell phone records and text messages exchanged the night Holloway disappeared.

The three were held on suspicion of manslaughter, or assault and battery resulting in Holloway's death, authorities have said.

Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared, has not been seen since she left an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub on May 30, 2005, with the three. She was on the island with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, but she failed to show up the following day for her flight home.

Mos previously said evidence in the case would show Holloway is dead, although her body has never been found. Searchers hired by her parents continue to seek the body.

The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse on the northern tip of the island after they left the nightclub.
Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there because she wanted to stay.

The evidence was disclosed ... both John Q. Kelly and the Joe Tacopina read the fourteen pages and concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to justify further detainment of the suspects.  Guess what ... the judge who again released Joran, Deepak and Satish concurred.

How did Hans Mos get it so wrong?  Does he not know the definition of "sufficient evidence" as it pertains to Dutch law?

Janet

++++++++++++++++

Holloway Attorney: 'Extraordinarily Painful'
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

KELLY: Well, in their press release and even in conversations. I had a long discussion with him Thanksgiving morning after the arrests, and you know, he indicated that they were very confident, this new evidence they had, this incriminating evidence. And it turns out, quite frankly, that it is nothing new, Greta. It's just the — you know, the — you know, the contradictory statements the boys made and some other accounts and the timeline and things like that that's been out there for two-and-a-half years now.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So you can say with 100 percent certainly there's nothing new, right?

KELLY: I can say it with 99 percent. Unless everybody's pulling something off at this point, I don't think there's anything new. The defense attorneys know there's nothing new, so I don't think I'm speaking out of school in saying that, either, Greta.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314966,00.html

Joe Tacopina
The Lineup
December 2, 2007

TACOPINA: There's no new evidence, look we're here in December now, they accept their own deadline for December 31. I've seen the 14 pages, there's no new evidence and there's certainly no new incriminating evidence and the funniest thing out of yesterday's press conference that I heard from the prosecutor was when he said "we were really disappointed with this ruling because we really wanted a chance to confront them with this new evidence" Well, they had 8 days, what are they waiting for, when were they going to confront them.

Transcript Credit: Heli (RU)

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2007, 01:28:28 PM »

I don't see anything there?  Was there something there when you first looked at it?

This was posted by legallylex at BFN as a place to see what Kyle and crew had been up to.  Strange, what it says.

she corrected that posting somewhere.  it's supposed to be //nholloway.blogspot.com
dennisintn
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »

Jossy is furious!  Says this case is NOT over.  Mentioned the water search.  Oh, he's pisssssed.

Maybe now Jossy will make his move.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »

Jossy is furious!  Says this case is NOT over.  Mentioned the water search.  Oh, he's pisssssed.

SCORCHED EARTH POLICY

ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2007, 01:34:35 PM »

So this is how an island dies...

Not with a bang or boom...

But with a whimper

Existence is futile.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »

Hi Monkeys.  I don't post much but wanted to share how much attention this case has gotten.

First of all, my 70 yr old mom who hasn't followed the case asked to borrow my book (the one that Beth wrote).  She just returned it and told me she was so pissed when she read it she wanted to get sick.  That was like last week.

Today I am at work and the local Omaha TV station sent me an instant message they use for breaking news... that is how I learned they closed the case.   They have a survey asking if the investigation was sufficiently conducted.  78% said NO!  There were already over 1000 replies in Omaha!

About a minute ago I had an email from my mom saying she had seen the story on the noon news and "It is disgusting, those 3 boys are getting away with murder."

So it isn't just those of who have followed it daily for 2 1/2 yrs.  Aruba will NEVER EVER live this down until they come out with the truth.

OK... I gotta go back and read this mornings' posts... Prayers to all who knew and loved Natalee.
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2007, 01:40:19 PM »

Please everyone stay focused on this from the prosecutor and send to every news organization you know:

"Yet the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the team of investigators are convinced that after this year’s investigation from April until December, it has become clear that any scenario beyond the one that implicates these three suspects has either been falsified or is proven to be highly unlikely."

This is the impetus to call for our government to get involved.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

I'd like to know who got to that prosecutor and what did they threaten him with.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

Aruba prosecutors close Holloway case
By MARGARET WEVER, Associated Press Writer
16 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Authorities have closed the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and do not have evidence to charge anyone, the prosecutors' office said Tuesday.

The three young men who were last seen with the Alabama teenager have all been notified that they will not be charged, the Public Prosecutor's Office said.

"The public prosecutor's office and the police have gone the extra mile and have exhausted all their powers and techniques in order to solve the mystery of the disappearance of the girl," it said.

The three suspects — a Dutch college student and two Surinamese brothers — were seen leaving a bar with Holloway the night she disappeared in May 2005. Police re-arrested them last month in a last-ditch effort to solve the case, but prosecutors said the men did not provide any new information under interrogation.

Holloway's mother, Beth Twitty, was "terribly disappointed" that the case was closed and has been on an emotional roller coaster in recent weeks, said Sunny Tillman of Birmingham, Ala., a spokeswoman for the mother.

"She was very hopeful the last couple weeks and she went down there and met with the prosecutor," Tillman said. "He told her face to face that he had new and incriminating evidence and that made her hopeful.

"So now, in light of this today, it's just so perplexing," she said.

An attorney for two of the suspects, brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, said prosecutors presented transcripts of online chat sessions that the suspects had with friends as new evidence.

"They tried to call it new, but it didn't have any incriminating points against our clients," attorney David Kock said. "It's like trying to say the Loch Ness monster exists."

In their statement, prosecutors said they still believe the three were involved in the disappearance, but cannot prove a crime was committed because Holloway's body was never recovered.

Prosecutors said they could reopen the case "if new serious evidence were to be found." The statute of limitations is six years for involuntary manslaughter and 12 years for homicide, they said.

Tillman, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, said the possibility of the case being reopened leaves a glimmer of hope for the family, which is now awaiting results from a deep-water search scheduled to begin Tuesday.

"It's quite ironic that the case has been closed on the same day the deep-water search was supposed to start," she said. "It's ironic that first the prosecutor says the case won't be closed until Dec. 31 and then — boom — the day the water search starts, the case is over."

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was scheduled to return home with fellow high school classmates celebrating their graduation when she disappeared. She was 18 at the time.

One of the suspects, Joran Van der Sloot, has said he left her alone on a beach the night she vanished but does not know how she vanished.

No trace of Holloway has ever been found despite extensive searches involving hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, FBI agents and even Dutch F-16 jets with special equipment.

"This whole case was botched from the get-go and it's terribly disappointing that it has come to this," Tillman said.

"There was so much hope and the rug was pulled out from under the family once again," she said. "They pulled the rug out again and again and again and it's just hideous."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/aruba_missing_teen

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

Without those pesky tourists in the way anymore, Aruba can finally concentrate on what it does best  -- run drugs, on-line gambling, and money laundering.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »

Hi Monkeys.  I don't post much but wanted to share how much attention this case has gotten.

First of all, my 70 yr old mom who hasn't followed the case asked to borrow my book (the one that Beth wrote).  She just returned it and told me she was so pissed when she read it she wanted to get sick.  That was like last week.

Today I am at work and the local Omaha TV station sent me an instant message they use for breaking news... that is how I learned they closed the case.   They have a survey asking if the investigation was sufficiently conducted.  78% said NO!  There were already over 1000 replies in Omaha!

About a minute ago I had an email from my mom saying she had seen the story on the noon news and "It is disgusting, those 3 boys are getting away with murder."

So it isn't just those of who have followed it daily for 2 1/2 yrs.  Aruba will NEVER EVER live this down until they come out with the truth.

OK... I gotta go back and read this mornings' posts... Prayers to all who knew and loved Natalee.

At the time of Joran's last release there was a poll on AOL that asked
if you had been following the NH case.  80% said yes.
Then it asked if you thought the 3 main suspects were guilty.
78% said yes.  It is indeed far reaching.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »

Beth "I could NOT have seen this coming." per Harris Falkner who spoke to her by phone.

If Beth claimed to Harris Falkner by phone that she could "NOT" have forseen the happenings of today ... then Hans Mos was again  misleading Americans when he implied that Beth and Dave were in agreement with the closing of the case.  Does Aruba not comprehend??  It is the lies coming forth from the lips of  the "powers that be" within the Natalee Holloway investigation for the past 2 1/2 years that is contributing to the Island downfall ... the outrage of Americans.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++

Aruba prosecutor mulling closure of Holloway case
The Associated Press
Published: December 8, 2007

Mos said if prosecutors believed they only had enough evidence to charge someone with a minor crime related to the case, he and the Holloway family feel pursuing such a charge "doesn't serve a purpose." A person convicted of making a body disappear, for example, would serve only six months in prison, he said.

Holloway's relatives did not return calls for comment.

"We have a strong conviction that something happened that night, and that it was a very serious thing," Mos said. "The question is whether we are able to prove it."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/08/news/CB-GEN-Aruba-Missing-Teen.php

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »

Aruba prosecutors close Holloway case
By MARGARET WEVER, Associated Press Writer
16 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Authorities have closed the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and do not have evidence to charge anyone, the prosecutors' office said Tuesday.

The three young men who were last seen with the Alabama teenager have all been notified that they will not be charged, the Public Prosecutor's Office said.

"The public prosecutor's office and the police have gone the extra mile and have exhausted all their powers and techniques in order to solve the mystery of the disappearance of the girl," it said.

The three suspects — a Dutch college student and two Surinamese brothers — were seen leaving a bar with Holloway the night she disappeared in May 2005. Police re-arrested them last month in a last-ditch effort to solve the case, but prosecutors said the men did not provide any new information under interrogation.

Holloway's mother, Beth Twitty, was "terribly disappointed" that the case was closed and has been on an emotional roller coaster in recent weeks, said Sunny Tillman of Birmingham, Ala., a spokeswoman for the mother.

"She was very hopeful the last couple weeks and she went down there and met with the prosecutor," Tillman said. "He told her face to face that he had new and incriminating evidence and that made her hopeful.

"So now, in light of this today, it's just so perplexing," she said.

An attorney for two of the suspects, brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, said prosecutors presented transcripts of online chat sessions that the suspects had with friends as new evidence.

"They tried to call it new, but it didn't have any incriminating points against our clients," attorney David Kock said. "It's like trying to say the Loch Ness monster exists."

In their statement, prosecutors said they still believe the three were involved in the disappearance, but cannot prove a crime was committed because Holloway's body was never recovered.

Prosecutors said they could reopen the case "if new serious evidence were to be found." The statute of limitations is six years for involuntary manslaughter and 12 years for homicide, they said.

Tillman, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, said the possibility of the case being reopened leaves a glimmer of hope for the family, which is now awaiting results from a deep-water search scheduled to begin Tuesday.

"It's quite ironic that the case has been closed on the same day the deep-water search was supposed to start," she said. "It's ironic that first the prosecutor says the case won't be closed until Dec. 31 and then — boom — the day the water search starts, the case is over."

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was scheduled to return home with fellow high school classmates celebrating their graduation when she disappeared. She was 18 at the time.

One of the suspects, Joran Van der Sloot, has said he left her alone on a beach the night she vanished but does not know how she vanished.

No trace of Holloway has ever been found despite extensive searches involving hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, FBI agents and even Dutch F-16 jets with special equipment.

"This whole case was botched from the get-go and it's terribly disappointing that it has come to this," Tillman said.

"There was so much hope and the rug was pulled out from under the family once again," she said. "They pulled the rug out again and again and again and it's just hideous."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/aruba_missing_teen

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317293,00.html

Wreck said it best on the first page of this thread ....

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++

Like I said -- The case was closed 2 1/2 years ago. 

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

There is a CherieMC running her mouth on Greta's blog, who also bashed Beth's book on Amazon.  She can't even see she is in the minority there, except for somebody named "Wicked", how fitting!   I can't keep my mouth shut, I'm going to get into an open argument over there.  I hate when I let people get to me like that.  That's why I stay away from RU, et el.....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:42 PM »

At the time of Joran's last release there was a poll on AOL that asked
if you had been following the NH case.  80% said yes.
Then it asked if you thought the 3 main suspects were guilty.
78% said yes.  It is indeed far reaching.

Results

ABOUT.COM POLL

JULY 4, 2005

Is Joran Van Der Sloot Involved in the Disappearance of Natalee Holloway?

Yes. I think he killed her.

51,107 votes          84%

No. He is telling the truth.

6,561 votes         10%

Total Votes: 60,752

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »

Janet,

The paragraph you highlighted in red in that yahoo article I posted....'exhasted all their powers & techniques'....laughable, if it wasn't so sadly not the case.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:44 PM »

edit button....exhausted is what should have been...

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

It's time for Jossy to put his money where his mouth is. He has threatened to do this on several occasions. Now is the time. We want to see that Dompig tape in its entirety,too.

Do it Jossy.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.