April 25, 2024, 12:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Second Shawshank Escape  (Read 2357 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: December 18, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »

The Second Shawshank Escape

Two prisoners in New Jersey have escaped from a high security prison and are still on the lam.

They did exactly what Tim Robbins did in the movie The Shawshank Redemption. The Shawshank Redemption comes from a short story written by Steven King. He titled the story "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption." Rita Hayworth comes into the picture via the Stephen King story because he put up a poster of Rita and worked on an escape tunnel behind the poster. Tim Robbins ordered the poster from prison and when he got it, he put it up on the wall behind which he worked on a tunnel to get out of prison. The guards never suspected that a tunnel was being built behind the poster.

The New Jersey prisoners found a couple of small metal tools they used to chisel through the "grout" around the cement blocks in their cell. Then they removed the blocks and crushed them into small pieces and got rid of them in the prison yard. 

Same thing with these two New Jersey guys ... they had a poster of a scantily clad woman on the wall behind which they were working on the tunnel. They either read the story or saw the movie and it inspired them to copy the escape process. Again, the guards had no clue as to what was really going on.

I will be very interested to see if they will ever be found. Tim Robbins made a clean getaway.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:38:50 AM »

Louise, I am not so sure Tim Robbins made a clean getaway.  Every time I search the tv listings for something to watch it seems there is another rerun of the movie.  I really did enjoy the movie the first 10 times I watched it.  I even keep my own personal copy here at home.  I do believe it may be the most rerun movie that ever existed.   Very Happy

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

Great Owl,

Tell me why you think Tim Robbins did not make a clean getaway. I know when Morgan Freeman was released, he went to the beach and found messages from Tim but Tim was not there.

I love this movie so much. It is one of my top five movies ever made.

Louise

PS: Love your avatar.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 07:29:07 AM »

Louise, it was just a "tongue in cheek" remark on my part.  I made it only because every time I turn on the TV it seems the movie is on.  How can anyone hide out if they keep telling everyone where they are??????    Wink

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.