April 16, 2024, 02:07:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #706 12/20 -  (Read 464409 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »

Janet - I believe JK2 were formally released as suspects last Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks Klaas ... I had not read anything pertaining to Deepak and Satish being released as suspects in the Natalee Holloway case.

Could Aruba not have waited until the search of the waters by TES was completed?

I am so angry!!

Janet

I am confused.  Story of my life.   Very Happy

How could Deepak and Satish have been released as suspects prior to December 18, 2007?  It was on that date that the prosecutor's office released to the media their decision not to go ahead with charges.

Klaas ... is there any official confirmation?

Thank you.

Janet

+++++++++

Natalee Holloway Case Dismissed

By NBC 13 Staff
From a press release by the Aruban Public Prosecutor’s Office:

The office notified the three suspects in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, 24 year old D.S.K., his brother, 21 year old S.S.K., and 20 year old J.v.d. S., that no charges will be brought against them.

At the same time the American lawyer of the parents of Natalee Holloway was informed by telephone and fax about this decision.

Based on a lengthy and extensive supplementary investigation, executed by a mixed team of Dutch and Aruban detectives, the three suspects were re-arrested by the end of November. These arrests were based on new evidence that was gathered during the investigation of the past eight months. Although a judge shared the Public Prosecutor’s decision that sufficient new evidence was produced to justify the re-arrest of the suspects and keep them in custody. The period of custody did not bring the final breakthrough in this investigation. All three suspects claimed their right not to give any statement at all. Finally, in an appeal of the Public Prosecutor against the early release of the two brothers K., the Court of Appeal ruled that the investigation did not show sufficient evidence to conclude that Natalee Holloway had died due to a violent crime. It were exactly these kinds of crimes the Public Prosecutor held against the three suspects.

Since the release of all three suspects the Public Prosecutor’s Office has diligently considered and weighed all available evidence. It came to the opinion that the investigation did not bring about sufficient evidence to convince a Court of law that a crime of violence against Natalee Holloway has been committed, nor that her death has been caused by involuntary actions by either of the suspects. Neither was sufficient evidence gathered for sexual abuse. The Public Prosecutor’s Office expects that if this case would be tried in court it would lead to an acquittal of all three suspects on these various charges. Given that expectation the Public Prosecutor could no longer press charges against all three. It is contrary to the professional conduct to prosecute someone if the prosecutor himself expects an acquittal.

Although the Public Prosecutor’s Office did see and still sees possibilities to prove that Natalee Holloway is no longer alive, the fact that her body never was found forms an important deficit in a possible reconstruction of the facts. Mainly because of that reason the current police report can not answer the question which crime was committed in the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway nor shed light on the exact role of the three suspects in the events.

Yet the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the team of investigators are convinced that after this year’s investigation from April until December, it has become clear that any scenario beyond the one that implicates these three suspects has either been falsified or is proven to be highly unlikely.

By notifying the three suspects that they will not be charged with the crimes that were under investigation by the judge of instruction or for which they have been kept in custody or, two years ago, in pre-trial detention, these crimes now have been dismissed. This does not imply that, if new serious evidence were to be found, this case could never be tried in court again. This is still possible within the statute of limitation. In case of involuntary manslaughter this period is 6 years counting from the day following the crime that was committed. In case of homicide this period ends after 12 years.

The Public Prosecutor’s Office is more than aware of the fact that this result of the investigation is a tough burden to bear for the parents of Natalee Holloway. After losing their daughter they have not been able to bring her back. Because of that important reason, amongst others, the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Police have gone the extra mile and have exhausted all their powers and techniques, in order to solve the mystery of the disappearance of the girl. It took a lengthy and very intensive investigation where even help from abroad was asked for and received. Despite the fact that with all this we have not been able to solve the case, the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Police share the opinion that by making the choice to try to do everything that is within their possibilities to bring the case to a solution, they made the right decision.

http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-12-18-0004.html

Each of the three has received an official letter from the Office of the Prosecution.  I don't think anything further is needed to make it official.

Yes, they could have waited until the search was completed but they have holiday festivities to attend.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2007, 05:56:32 PM »

If those are the 9 suspects then who are the 13 arrests that Tacopina keeps blabing about? Is he counting the 9 suspects and adding 4 more arrests for Jk2 or is he talking about 13 different people that were arrested or detained?

1. Mickey John
2. Abraham Jones
3. Joran van der Sloot
4. Deepak Kalpoe
5. Satish Kalpoe
6.Lorenzo Van Rijn
7 Steve Croes
8 Paulus van der Sloot
9 Freddy
10 Geoffrey van Cromvoirt
11 A.B
12 Guido Wever
13 Michael Dompig

*******…I have thought since I found this that AB could have been Freddy. But not positive.

Quote Dan Abrams 8/29/2005

Police also arrested another man; a friend and neighbor of lead suspect Joran van der Sloot, Freddie Aaron Batiz (ph).  They say it‘s related to another case. 

Also found  that he had been arrested early in the case, according to Jossy.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »

Probably a duplicate of what's already been posted, but in case there's something different thought I'd post anyway:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/12/20/aruba.holloway.case/index.html

Holloway suspect wrote teen was dead, prosecutor says
Story Highlights
NEW: Prosecutors won't say who wrote teen was dead in Internet chat session

Evidence not sufficient for prosecution, officials say

Alabama teen went missing during graduation trip two years ago

Case against three suspects dismissed earlier this week

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- In an Internet chat shortly after the May 30, 2005, disappearance of Natalee Holloway on Aruba, one of the three main suspects in the case said the Alabama teenager was dead, the island's chief public prosecutor told CNN on Thursday.

The chat, retrieved from a computer hard disk, was among new evidence prosecutors used to justify re-arresting the three in November, Hans Mos said.

New technology that was not available to authorities in 2005 was utilized to find that chat and more between two of the three suspects as well as others, he said.

Judges, however, ruled the new evidence was not enough to keep the suspects -- Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- behind bars. Mos' office said Tuesday they will not prosecute the three in Holloway's disappearance, effectively closing the case unless new evidence comes to light. Watch a report on the case »

In the chat, Mos told CNN's Susan Candiotti, one of the suspects said, "The fact that she's dead is not good," referring to Holloway.

Other chats occurring before May 30 were also found, in which the suspects discussed "picking up American girls and what they plan to do with them," Mos said. Such chats gave authorities an idea of how the suspects operated, he said.

But, he said, authorities did not find any further discussion of Holloway's death or how she died. "If we had that, we would have been much further [along] than we are now," Mos said.

Other evidence against the three included two new witness statements. In one, a female friend told authorities that one suspect called her about five hours after Holloway was last seen leaving an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub with van der Sloot and the Kalpoes.

The female friend said that she could tell during the conversation that something was wrong, Mos said. When she asked about it, the suspect -- whom Mos did not name -- told her that "he didn't want to cause her any trouble, and that what had happened couldn't be discussed over the phone," he said.

Police wanted to ask the suspect what he meant by that statement, he said, but after their rearrest, all three men exercised their right to remain silent and refused to speak to authorities. See a timeline of how the case has developed »

A second witness statement came from a teacher who said that another one of the suspects exhibited "very peculiar behavior" the day after Holloway's disappearance, including making or receiving a lot of telephone calls, Mos said.

A fourth piece of new evidence came when authorities bugged the Kalpoe home in June and picked up a conversation about what happened that night, he said, but did not elaborate.

Holloway, 18, disappeared while visiting Aruba with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, and was last seen leaving the nightclub with the three youths. She failed to show up for her flight home the following day, and her packed bags were found in her hotel room.

All three suspects were arrested and released in the case in 2005. They were rearrested November 21, with authorities citing new and incriminating evidence against them.

In freeing the Kalpoes from jail November 30, judges from Aruba's Court of Appeal wrote that there was no evidence that Holloway died as a result of a violent crime against her or that the suspects were involved in such a crime. Using similar reasoning, a judge released van der Sloot a week later.

All three have maintained their innocence in Holloway's disappearance. The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse on the northern tip of the island after leaving the nightclub. Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there because she wanted to stay.

What authorities needed, Mos said, was for at least one of the three to explain what happened that night. That's why, he said, his office went to the expense of extraditing van der Sloot from the Netherlands, where he is attending college, after rearresting him in November -- out of hopes that he might talk.

"You never know whether a person two years later will, yes or no, open up," he said.

Mos said that when the three youths were rearrested, he asked an attorney for Holloway's divorced parents, Beth and Dave Holloway, to tell them not to get their hopes up too high, as this was not "the final breakthrough" in the case.

And on December 1, Mos said, he and others in his office had "a very good talk" with the Holloways.

"Sometimes I got the impression that we aren't on the same side," he said. "That sort of disturbed me, and I think they should know that we are just as much dedicated to solving this case as they want us to be, and I cannot come up with the results. I wish I had. I feel very sorry."

He acknowledged the new evidence against the three was circumstantial, and rearresting them may have been a long shot, but "we had to give it a shot.

"I would never have forgiven myself," he said, and never would have been able to answer the question "Why didn't you even try?" given the new evidence.

"And that's exactly what we did. I'd rather give it a try and not succeed than not give it a try at all. We gave it everything we got. We cannot torture these three guys and make them tell what happened."

He said his office remains determined to find out the truth. "We believe justice will prevail one day, but we cannot force that right now."

Although Mos' decision not to prosecute the case means that under Aruban law, the three cannot legally be considered suspects, Mos said they remain persons of interest.

In interviews, he said, van der Sloot and his father have indicated they know more than previously said about what happened to Holloway, but are not willing to divulge it, giving authorities "reason to believe that their last and final story is simply not the complete story."

Authorities have found no indication that anyone else could have been involved in Holloway's disappearance -- but also have no evidence to show a crime was committed, or what crime that might have been, he said.

If Holloway's death was an accident, as some evidence suggests, Mos said he doesn't understand the need to cover it up -- or why someone didn't simply call 911 and report it the night it happened. "That's an indication there is more at hand than just an accident," he said, "but what it was, and who was involved, I don't have evidence."

Van der Sloot's American attorney, Joe Tacopina, has criticized Mos for suggesting his client was involved in Holloway's disappearance if he does not have evidence to back that up.

In response, Mos said that if van der Sloot were tried and acquitted, double jeopardy would attach and he never could be tried again. Just because he decided not to prosecute, he said, doesn't mean "there is not a file in which these three people are primary persons of interest."

Tacopina has declared his client is innocent. "That's quite funny," Mos said, "because he wasn't there on the 30th of May. Neither was I. He should ask his client."

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »

Can you imagine, if you were a man, having to bed that thing? Mad

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »

Yet the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the team of investigators are convinced that after this year’s investigation from April until December, it has become clear that any scenario beyond the one that implicates these three suspects has either been falsified or is proven to be highly unlikely.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »

Thanks to u too! Think about this. Hans Mos comes to town and announces that he has evidence that Natalee is deceased and that the three suspects are guilty of voluntary manslaughter.
I am interesting how high IQ Hanssie has. Probably around 80 and how can he get a Law diploma when he tells the three suspects are guilty of volunatary manslaughter. How stupid can he tells that without any new evidence, there we go IQ 80.

I want this see to all the American people that read and post here. Don't believe anymore any for the Dutch government.They are liars, they are very very bad, they are corrupt and they make a mess with evidence material and they want no case bring to a good end. The make a mess in evidence material want is in belong in a case, that destroyed one evidence material, or keep that ever when there is a court case. Btw with another words you can not trust that Dutch corrupt government.
And concerning of my body I don't give any respect for Dutch head public prosecutors, public prosecutors, police agents, KLPD agents, AIVD people, CRI and NFI. I want close the case for them. And this people get never anymore any respect for me.

NYC, I don't think Hans Mos went to Aruba to solve the case or to prosecute the case. No prosecutor who knew the magnitude of this case would have come so ill prepared with no arrows in his quiver. There is much more evidence than he submitted.

He did Aruba no favors today, but they deserve no favors.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »

If Holloway's death was an accident, as some evidence suggests, Mos said he doesn't understand the need to cover it up -- or why someone didn't simply call 911 and report it the night it happened. "That's an indication there is more at hand than just an accident," he said, "but what it was, and who was involved, I don't have evidence."

What I have shouted from the beginning when all you naysayers wanted to believe it was an accident.  If it had been an accident, someone would have called paramedics, Natalee would have been taken to a hospital, the responsible people at the Holiday Inn would have been notified, who in turn would have given them information to contact Beth and/or Jug, and the Holloways and Twittys would have come to Aruba to find a grieving Paulus and Joran, who did all they could but it was an accident.  There would have been apologies all around, and Natalee would have been buried in Birmingham, AL.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2007, 06:06:01 PM »

It's EXACTLY that quote above that has me pulling my hair out!!!!!!! IF that statement is true -- YOU DON'T CLOSE THE CASE. YOU PUMP EVEN HARDER BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHO DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »

If those are the 9 suspects then who are the 13 arrests that Tacopina keeps blabing about? Is he counting the 9 suspects and adding 4 more arrests for Jk2 or is he talking about 13 different people that were arrested or detained?

1. Mickey John
2. Abraham Jones
3. Joran van der Sloot
4. Deepak Kalpoe
5. Satish Kalpoe
6.Lorenzo Van Rijn
7 Steve Croes
8 Paulus van der Sloot
9 Freddy
10 Geoffrey van Cromvoirt
11 A.B
12 Guido Wever
13 Michael Dompig

******* ... it is my understanding that ONLY the following can be considered formal suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.  They were the detained with suspicions.  All others who were questioned and released are considered witnesses.

If there were other formal suspects who were detained in the Natalee Holloway case ... I am unaware.

Janet

++++++++++

INITIAL ARRESTS - JUNE, 2005

1.  Mickey John:  first and second-degree murder and capital kidnapping.

2.  Abraham Jones:  first and second-degree murder and capital kidnapping.

3.  Joran van der Sllot:  Suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder

4.  Deepak Kalpoe:   Suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

5.  Satish Kalpoe:  Suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

6. Steve Croes:   Suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.   

7.  Paulus van der Sloot:  complicity to pre-meditated murder, complicity to kidnapping and murder and kidnapping.

SUBSEQUENT ARRESTS - APRIL, 2006

8.  Geoffrey van Cromvoirt:  criminal offenses that may be related to the disappearance" of Natalee Holloway.

9.  Guido Weaver:  Assisting in the murder, heavy battery and kidnapping" of the teen

KALPOE BROTHERS - SECOND ARREST - AUGUST, 2005

Deepak Kalpoe:  Suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately, raping somebody and new suspicions.

Satish Kalpoe:  Suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately, raping somebody and new suspicions

JORAN - SECOND ARREST - NOVEMBER, 2007

Joran van der Sloot - Suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily hare that result in death.

KALPOE BROTHERS - THIRD ARREST - NOVEMBER, 2007

Satish Kalpoe -  Suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily hare that result in death.

14.  Deepak Kalpoe - Suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily hare that result in death.

++++++++++

DUTCH LAW - SERIOUS SUSPICIONS JUSTIFY DETAINMENT

Arlene Ellis-Schipper
NANCY GRACE
July 20, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

Noraina Pietersz - Defence Attorney
Associated Press
June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2007, 06:09:15 PM »

Probably a duplicate of what's already been posted, but in case there's something different thought I'd post anyway:

In the chat, Mos told CNN's Susan Candiotti, one of the suspects said, "The fact that she's dead is not good," referring to Holloway.

Other chats occurring before May 30 were also found, in which the suspects discussed "picking up American girls and what they plan to do with them," Mos said. Such chats gave authorities an idea of how the suspects operated, he said.

This would at the least qualify as a hate crime in this country, perhaps civil rights violation as it targets a specific group of people by gender and country of origin.  I wonder if there is anything comparable under Dutch law.  Probably not but should this not be of interest to our Department of State that these individuals conspired to deny American citizens their civil rights?

Can this not be the basis for a travel warning or at least something????

PERSONA NON GRATA

Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »

CONNECT THE DOTS....

Mos talks in codes...The finger is pointed squarely at the Aruban Rat Pack and his hands are tied at this point in time to do anything about it...

Question why they "rushed" to do all of this NOW during the launching of the Persistence investigation ... There has to be a connection...

Personally i am hoping that Mos is really trying to "coax" more evidence and witnesses to surface...Really he is doing the next best thingy, right?  He has now made an offering to the worldwide court of public opinion via MSM...

I believe he and his team is smarter than people might think.. The probability of someone else coming forward now is GREATER than before the recent re-arrests.... imho

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »

IMO Rudy Croes had no idea that Mos was planning to open up the can of
worms again.  As Jossy said...Rudy Croes was off in India where he had
no bussiness being.  When Croes finally became aware of Mos plan he
tied Mos hands.  That was when Mos said that the family, the media and
the DEA corrupted the case.  That is when Mos' whole attitude changed.

J2K are forever marked as killers...people will point and stare wherever
they go, even on Aruba.  I don't think Glenda and her crew did them
any favors.  They are marked for life.  The six year sentence would have
been a much easier punishment.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

Joe Pacotenis

BIG STORY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmiPTCihENg

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »

*******…I have thought since I found this that AB could have been Freddy. But not positive.

Quote Dan Abrams 8/29/2005

Police also arrested another man; a friend and neighbor of lead suspect Joran van der Sloot, Freddie Aaron Batiz (ph).  They say it‘s related to another case. 

Also found  that he had been arrested early in the case, according to Jossy.

Hi MUM,

I received a email from a good poster here that he was sure it was this guy named Albert B. I am kinda torn who A.B. was  Confused

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »

This would at the least qualify as a hate crime in this country, perhaps civil rights violation as it targets a specific group of people by gender and country of origin.  I wonder if there is anything comparable under Dutch law.  Probably not but should this not be of interest to our Department of State that these individuals conspired to deny American citizens their civil rights?

Can this not be the basis for a travel warning or at least something????

In some circles, this would be considered a hate crime.  Surely a Human Rights violation....aimed at a specific population.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

IMO Rudy Croes had no idea that Mos was planning to open up the can of
worms again.  As Jossy said...Rudy Croes was off in India where he had
no bussiness being.  When Croes finally became aware of Mos plan he
tied Mos hands.  That was when Mos said that the family, the media and
the DEA corrupted the case.  That is when Mos' whole attitude changed.

J2K are forever marked as killers...people will point and stare wherever
they go, even on Aruba.  I don't think Glenda and her crew did them
any favors.  They are marked for life.  The six year sentence would have
been a much easier punishment.

Aruba is marked as well. Why would any American want to go to Aruba knowing they have killers on the loose?

In an Internet chat shortly after the May 30, 2005, disappearance of Natalee Holloway on Aruba, one of the three main suspects in the case said the Alabama teenager was dead, the island's chief public prosecutor told CNN on Thursday.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

CONNECT THE DOTS....

Mos talks in codes...The finger is pointed squarely at the Aruban Rat Pack and his hands are tied at this point in time to do anything about it...

Question why they "rushed" to do all of this NOW during the launching of the Persistence investigation ... There has to be a connection...

Personally i am hoping that Mos is really trying to "coax" more evidence and witnesses to surface...Really he is doing the next best thingy, right?  He has now made an offering to the worldwide court of public opinion via MSM...

I believe he and his team is smarter than people might think.. The probability of someone else coming forward now is GREATER than before the recent re-arrests.... imho

I USED to be the optimist that the Dutch or Mos "were smarter than we think" . Not any more -- no way! "There's no diamond ring sitting on the bottom of a Cracker Jack box."

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »

Hi Janet Smile

I realize who was considered a suspect vs witness. I am just trying to make sense of the 13 arrests that taco,pitbull and the goon have mentioned 30 times now. They can be arrested or detained and not be considered suspect's.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »

Thanks to u too! Think about this. Hans Mos comes to town and announces that he has evidence that Natalee is deceased and that the three suspects are guilty of voluntary manslaughter.
I am interesting how high IQ Hanssie has. Probably around 80 and how can he get a Law diploma when he tells the three suspects are guilty of volunatary manslaughter. How stupid can he tells that without any new evidence, there we go IQ 80.

I want this see to all the American people that read and post here. Don't believe anymore any for the Dutch government.They are liars, they are very very bad, they are corrupt and they make a mess with evidence material and they want no case bring to a good end. The make a mess in evidence material want is in belong in a case, that destroyed one evidence material, or keep that ever when there is a court case. Btw with another words you can not trust that Dutch corrupt government.
And concerning of my body I don't give any respect for Dutch head public prosecutors, public prosecutors, police agents, KLPD agents, AIVD people, CRI and NFI. I want close the case for them. And this people get never anymore any respect for me.

NYC, I don't think Hans Mos went to Aruba to solve the case or to prosecute the case. No prosecutor who knew the magnitude of this case would have come so ill prepared with no arrows in his quiver. There is much more evidence than he submitted.

He did Aruba no favors today, but they deserve no favors.

I go agree Dayhiker. I am interesting why the Dutch government have send a Landelijk Parket public prosecutor to Aruba for solved this case? Probably it has again something to do with this stinks Landelijk Parket office.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

Holloway suspect wrote teen was dead, prosecutor says
Story Highlights
NEW: Prosecutors won't say who wrote teen was dead in Internet chat session

Evidence not sufficient for prosecution, officials say

Alabama teen went missing during graduation trip two years ago

Case against three suspects dismissed earlier this week

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- In an Internet chat shortly after the May 30, 2005, disappearance of Natalee Holloway on Aruba, one of the three main suspects in the case said the Alabama teenager was dead, the island's chief public prosecutor told CNN on Thursday.

The chat, retrieved from a computer hard disk, was among new evidence prosecutors used to justify re-arresting the three in November, Hans Mos said.

New technology that was not available to authorities in 2005 was utilized to find that chat and more between two of the three suspects as well as others, he said.

Judges, however, ruled the new evidence was not enough to keep the suspects -- Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- behind bars. Mos' office said Tuesday they will not prosecute the three in Holloway's disappearance, effectively closing the case unless new evidence comes to light. Watch a report on the case »

But, he said, authorities did not find any further discussion of Holloway's death or how she died. "If we had that, we would have been much further [along] than we are now," Mos said.

Other evidence against the three included two new witness statements. In one, a female friend told authorities that one suspect called her about five hours after Holloway was last seen leaving an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub with van der Sloot and the Kalpoes.

The female friend said that she could tell during the conversation that something was wrong, Mos said. When she asked about it, the suspect -- whom Mos did not name -- told her that "he didn't want to cause her any trouble, and that what had happened couldn't be discussed over the phone," he said.

Police wanted to ask the suspect what he meant by that statement, he said, but after their rearrest, all three men exercised their right to remain silent and refused to speak to authorities. See a timeline of how the case has developed »

A second witness statement came from a teacher who said that another one of the suspects exhibited "very peculiar behavior" the day after Holloway's disappearance, including making or receiving a lot of telephone calls, Mos said.

A fourth piece of new evidence came when authorities bugged the Kalpoe home in June and picked up a conversation about what happened that night, he said, but did not elaborate.

Holloway, 18, disappeared while visiting Aruba with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, and was last seen leaving the nightclub with the three youths. She failed to show up for her flight home the following day, and her packed bags were found in her hotel room.

All three suspects were arrested and released in the case in 2005. They were rearrested November 21, with authorities citing new and incriminating evidence against them.

In freeing the Kalpoes from jail November 30, judges from Aruba's Court of Appeal wrote that there was no evidence that Holloway died as a result of a violent crime against her or that the suspects were involved in such a crime. Using similar reasoning, a judge released van der Sloot a week later.

All three have maintained their innocence in Holloway's disappearance. The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse on the northern tip of the island after leaving the nightclub. Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there because she wanted to stay.

What authorities needed, Mos said, was for at least one of the three to explain what happened that night. That's why, he said, his office went to the expense of extraditing van der Sloot from the Netherlands, where he is attending college, after rearresting him in November -- out of hopes that he might talk.

"You never know whether a person two years later will, yes or no, open up," he said.

Mos said that when the three youths were rearrested, he asked an attorney for Holloway's divorced parents, Beth and Dave Holloway, to tell them not to get their hopes up too high, as this was not "the final breakthrough" in the case.

And on December 1, Mos said, he and others in his office had "a very good talk" with the Holloways.

"Sometimes I got the impression that we aren't on the same side," he said. "That sort of disturbed me, and I think they should know that we are just as much dedicated to solving this case as they want us to be, and I cannot come up with the results. I wish I had. I feel very sorry."

He acknowledged the new evidence against the three was circumstantial, and rearresting them may have been a long shot, but "we had to give it a shot.

"I would never have forgiven myself," he said, and never would have been able to answer the question "Why didn't you even try?" given the new evidence.

"And that's exactly what we did. I'd rather give it a try and not succeed than not give it a try at all. We gave it everything we got. We cannot torture these three guys and make them tell what happened."

He said his office remains determined to find out the truth. "We believe justice will prevail one day, but we cannot force that right now."

Although Mos' decision not to prosecute the case means that under Aruban law, the three cannot legally be considered suspects, Mos said they remain persons of interest.

In interviews, he said, van der Sloot and his father have indicated they know more than previously said about what happened to Holloway, but are not willing to divulge it, giving authorities "reason to believe that their last and final story is simply not the complete story."

Authorities have found no indication that anyone else could have been involved in Holloway's disappearance -- but also have no evidence to show a crime was committed, or what crime that might have been, he said.

Van der Sloot's American attorney, Joe Tacopina, has criticized Mos for suggesting his client was involved in Holloway's disappearance if he does not have evidence to back that up.

In response, Mos said that if van der Sloot were tried and acquitted, double jeopardy would attach and he never could be tried again. Just because he decided not to prosecute, he said, doesn't mean "there is not a file in which these three people are primary persons of interest."

Tacopina has declared his client is innocent. "That's quite funny," Mos said, "because he wasn't there on the 30th of May. Neither was I. He should ask his client."

I believe that Natalee's death was unintentional.  However ... unintentional or not ... Natalee's death resulted from wrong doing ... premeditated wronging.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++

Diana Emerencia - Freddy's Attorney
Decatur Daily News
August 31, 2005

Freddy Alexander Zedan-Arambatzis, a friend of van der Sloot and the Kalpoes, was arrested on suspicion of having unspecified "physical contact" with a female minor, said his lawyer, Diana Emerencia.

Zedan-Arambatzis, 21, is also suspected of photographing the girl in "tempting poses" and showing the images to other people, Emerencia said.

The Kalpoe brothers and van der Sloot are also suspected of involvement in the incident, which allegedly occurred before Holloway disappeared, she said.

Jossy Mansur
'Scarborough Country'
August 26, 2005

DANIELS:  It definitely smells that way.  You know, if you take the prosecution‘s statement at its face, we are talking on a whole new level, the charges here.  We are talking about drugs.  We are talking about rape and we are talking about rape of many different people.  There are four guys now in custody, four best friends.  What does that tell you?

MANSUR:  Well, what it tells me is that, really, these four guys are friends.  They belong to the same group, these party boys that go out and prey on young, unsuspected girls or other kinds of girls also that are out to have a good time, not suspecting what they‘re in for with these predators around.

And they are—they not only appear in photographs together, but I understand that Freddy lives very near to the Joran house.  So, there is a bond between them.  There is a group that they call themselves the pimps, in which all of these participate

Beth Twitty
'The Abrams Report'
August 4, 2005

TWITTY:  You know it's a pretty long scenario; we have a lot of details.  You know the main thing to sum it up is you know Joran, how he entered this establishment.  I believe that you know if you enter on the right side, you have to have a valid I.D.  If you enter Carlos N' Charlie's on the left side, you must have some type of—I don't know if it's a VIP pass or what to enter, but Joran enters the establishment on the left side, approaches these groups of tourists. 

You know it's interesting how he is able to try to work his way in and connect and establish himself in that—in Carlos N' Charlie's, was walking her around and these other tourists and was able to point out Satish and Deepak Kalpoe.  They were sitting ironically in the same corner, the same stools that they were seated at in the picture that's been all over international media, so that must be their spot that they wait while Joran is working.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.