April 26, 2024, 08:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #706 12/20 -  (Read 465719 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: December 21, 2007, 12:43:20 AM »

Speaking of RWV I was researching some stuff last week and came across a funny post  Laughing

Well, I don't buy that Aruba is Disneyland. It is for a fact a major player in the burgeoning drug market and is home to offshore gambling and bookmaking. Posner has known ties to organized crime. Restaurants, Hotels, and gift shops are nice -- but the "big" money is in other ventures.

Posted by: wreck | Monday, April 17, 2006 at 05:47 PM

well then, wreck, don't come to Aruba, go to Disneyland.

Posted by: scubajap | Monday, April 17, 2006 at 08:32 PM

Wink
I had Julia and scubajap pegged from day one. Scuba was trying to tell us all that Aruba was a sleepy little island as tame as Disneyland. I was being a little too nice in this exchange!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: December 21, 2007, 12:45:06 AM »

Tylergal,

Do you remember the post about the purple girl?  I have forgotten the details but that was another creepy one.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2007, 12:49:53 AM »

Speaking of RWV I was researching some stuff last week and came across a funny post  Laughing

Well, I don't buy that Aruba is Disneyland. It is for a fact a major player in the burgeoning drug market and is home to offshore gambling and bookmaking. Posner has known ties to organized crime. Restaurants, Hotels, and gift shops are nice -- but the "big" money is in other ventures.

Wink
I had Julia and scubajap pegged from day one. Scuba was trying to tell us all that Aruba was a sleepy little island as tame as Disneyland. I was being a little too nice in this exchange!

Wreck,

What's really strange is the way that despite all the side roads and tales told and the spin machines, we are basically right back where we started.  Not much added to what Beth found and even less to what was known a month after Natalee disappeared.  Most of it has been smoke and mirrors.

We are right back where we started and Mos just confirmed that J2k+P are basically all that are really involved and it is just what it appeared to be in the beginning.

There is no way this could have been botched, just too obvious a crime and yet no one is going to be charged with anything.

I would take even six months in jail for corpse disposal to nothing at all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: December 21, 2007, 12:50:26 AM »

Did I hear Greta say that if the email was written within a few hours of said night that would be hugely important?  Did I dream that?  Do we have any idea when it was written? TIA

5 hours and 13 minutes after Natalee was last seen.
I think Jossy said that.
Must have been quite dramatic for the young sociopath,At least for a few minutes  He probably had the urge to tell everyone what happened that morning but I am sure PVDS slapped some sense into him. He bragged to classmates about having sex with Natalee because he couldn't tell them what he really wanted to. That she died and he and his Father arranged her disposal.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: December 21, 2007, 12:55:14 AM »

So the Kalpoes are having a press conference tomorrow for real? 

This is Taco's directing of events. I guarentee it. Those attys are being puppeted by Taco as director of the entire "defense" strategies.

I wonder.  In one of Mos' press conferences/interviews, he made a remark about a statement that the Kalpoes were supposed to make.  This was between their release, and the hearing for Joran's release.  He said something to the effect that the Kalpoes were supposed to make a statement before they were released, but apparently they decided to exercise their right to remain silent.  I wondered at the time if there was some deal in the works, but no one seemed to pick up on it, so I had forgotten about it.  I don't think Taco is working the the Kalpoe lawyers, he seems too busy trying to throw them under the bus and portray Joran as completely innocent.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: December 21, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »

Ah, the RWV days!!!

Remember when Dan would get drunk real late at night and post crazy stuff then make it disappear real fast???   Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: December 21, 2007, 12:58:46 AM »

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) - A main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway wrote in a chat session that she was dead - a tantalizing clue for investigators, but one that fell short of assuring a conviction in court, Aruba's chief prosecutor said Thursday.

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos insisted that his office has done its best to learn what happened to Holloway, an 18-year-old blonde who went missing in this Caribbean island on May 30, 2005 and is believed to be dead.

He said he's done all he can to bring those responsible to justice.

"Given our sincere commitment to solving this case, we exhausted our toolbox,"
Mos said at a news conference. He said he understands the frustration of Holloway's family, which has criticized Aruban law enforcement and their decision this week to dismiss the case against the three suspects.

Attorney General Nico Jorg said the case against the three could be reopened if additional evidence surfaces - but if they were to go to trial now with virtually no hope of guilty verdicts, they would lose the opportunity to try them later if strong evidence emerges.

The family blames mistakes by Aruban investigators for bringing the case to a dead end after more than two years of searching for Holloway, who vanished during a vacation with her high school graduating class.

Mos refused to reveal which of the three suspects wrote the Internet chat message, but said its discovery contributed to the decision last month to re-arrest the men.

Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were subsequently released after they refused to speak to authorities, and the Aruba Public Prosecutor's Office announced they would not be charged.
http://www.miamiherald.com/775/story/352380.html

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: December 21, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »

The time of the IM is not known.  It's the phone call to the girl that is five hours and thirteen minutes later, isn't it?

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: December 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM »

Another question:

I guess this may have been answered but I am still slightly confused so here goes:

Is the prosecutor planning any appeal at this time?

Can the prosecution ask for a different judge if and when more evidence is found?

Does Aruba have the option of denying FBI involvement again?

With Clinton and Bush's bills cited earlier on this site, can we force our own investigation and actually make arrests in Aruba?

Some time earlier today, I read that the Netherlands really cannot take over the case because Aruba is independent of them and the Arubans need to request their help but can't be forced to do so.

Do we know if the Persistence has a Dutch or Aruban or FBI representative or agent  on board in order to thwart the "planted" evidence accusation that could be made if Natalee is found?

Thanks for all your patience and help in advance.

I don't know the answers to most of the above.  I do know that TES/Dave/Beth have coordinated and worked with KLPD/ALE and the FBI in regards to the search.  I would not be surprised if they had representatives on board.  I did just read that a Dateline crew is also on board to document things so it would be pretty hard to plant anything.  Also I know Tim has said if they find anything ALE will be notified right away.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #509 on: December 21, 2007, 01:00:22 AM »

Nite Guys! Shower time for me. It's been an interesting day, and tomorrow may prove the same. Pray for the success of the searchers! They're there trying to pull off a miracle!
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #510 on: December 21, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »

Fed Up We Are...

Let us pray that justice will prevail...

There is a reason J. Edgar Hoover was so tough on the Mob...

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #511 on: December 21, 2007, 01:04:42 AM »

Wanna say HI and  Night. Been trying to keep caught up when  I can.    Sad
I have issues I have to deal with myself..

Prayers  go out for the water search.. Have not been posting much.. but don't mean I dont care.
  Goodnight all............ 
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #512 on: December 21, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »

Wink

Wreck,

What's really strange is the way that despite all the side roads and tales told and the spin machines, we are basically right back where we started.  Not much added to what Beth found and even less to what was known a month after Natalee disappeared.  Most of it has been smoke and mirrors.

We are right back where we started and Mos just confirmed that J2k+P are basically all that are really involved and it is just what it appeared to be in the beginning.

There is no way this could have been botched, just too obvious a crime and yet no one is going to be charged with anything.

I would take even six months in jail for corpse disposal to nothing at all.

I don't think its over.  Like they said they ARE still investigating.  I think Mos wants it all, them convicted and sent away for the crimes they should be convicted for, avoiding double jeopardy.  That is why he let them go for now.  Like SB said,  it's not over.  Like one or two others here, I believe Mos had the best of intentions, it's the rest of the bunch he has to fight and is corrupt.  He is a one man show right now.  We need to help him?

I'm still waiting for Jossy's paper with what he has compiled of this case......

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: December 21, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »

Ah, the RWV days!!!

Remember when Dan would get drunk real late at night and post crazy stuff then make it disappear real fast???   Very Happy
Yes he posted some crazy stuff but he definetly tried to update us on the latest from Aruba. He once said when Deepak was arrested he had receipts or info written down about a ship out of FLA. Never heard anything more about that.

As time went on he seemed to get weirder and even got quite weird on me once..lol He was constantly trying to police that blog and I think he wigged out pretty hard at the end  Wink

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #514 on: December 21, 2007, 01:06:13 AM »

Wanna say HI and  Night. Been trying to keep caught up when  I can.    Sad
I have issues I have to deal with myself..

Prayers  go out for the water search.. Have not been posting much.. but don't mean I dont care.
  Goodnight all............ 

HI and GOODNIGHT Ange!   Sweet dreams sweetie!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: December 21, 2007, 01:09:06 AM »

Nite CBB

Silverfox - you're getting very creative  Laughing

Hi Angie -  {{HUGS}}
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: December 21, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »

Ah, the RWV days!!!

Remember when Dan would get drunk real late at night and post crazy stuff then make it disappear real fast???   Very Happy
Yes he posted some crazy stuff but he definetly tried to update us on the latest from Aruba. He once said when Deepak was arrested he had receipts or info written down about a ship out of FLA. Never heard anything more about that.

As time went on he seemed to get weirder and even got quite weird on me once..lol He was constantly trying to police that blog and I think he wigged out pretty hard at the end  Wink

Yes and he did a 180 degree turn for some reason.  I had never been on a crime forum before and had no idea how many wackos there are in this genre and so was totally stunned at some of his behavior.

What was amusing looking back was how we all started trying to copy his late night crazy posts before he could delete them and some of them were really good at it and got several of them.  I was always too slow.  He deleted most of my posts at some point in time, at least I seldom have run across any of them.

But in the beginning he has some really good posters.  It has been one more wild ride!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: December 21, 2007, 01:18:29 AM »

Snip of bottom half of cnn article

What authorities needed, Mos said, was for at least one of the three to explain what happened that night. That's why, he said, his office went to the expense of extraditing van der Sloot from the Netherlands, where he is attending college, after rearresting him in November -- out of hopes that he might talk.

"You never know whether a person two years later will, yes or no, open up," he said.

Mos said that when the three youths were rearrested, he asked an attorney for Holloway's divorced parents, Beth and Dave Holloway, to tell them not to get their hopes up too high, as this was not "the final breakthrough" in the case.

And on December 1, Mos said, he and others in his office had "a very good talk" with the Holloways.

"Sometimes I got the impression that we aren't on the same side," he said. "That sort of disturbed me, and I think they should know that we are just as much dedicated to solving this case as they want us to be, and I cannot come up with the results. I wish I had. I feel very sorry."

He acknowledged the new evidence against the three was circumstantial, and rearresting them may have been a long shot, but "we had to give it a shot.

"I would never have forgiven myself," he said, and never would have been able to answer the question "Why didn't you even try?" given the new evidence.

"And that's exactly what we did. I'd rather give it a try and not succeed than not give it a try at all. We gave it everything we got. We cannot torture these three guys and make them tell what happened."

He said his office remains determined to find out the truth. "We believe justice will prevail one day, but we cannot force that right now."

Although Mos' decision not to prosecute the case means that under Aruban law, the three cannot legally be considered suspects, Mos said they remain persons of interest.

In interviews, he said, van der Sloot and his father have indicated they know more than previously said about what happened to Holloway, but are not willing to divulge it, giving authorities "reason to believe that their last and final story is simply not the complete story."

Authorities have found no indication that anyone else could have been involved in Holloway's disappearance -- but also have no evidence to show a crime was committed, or what crime that might have been, he said.

If Holloway's death was an accident, as some evidence suggests, Mos said he doesn't understand the need to cover it up -- or why someone didn't simply call 911 and report it the night it happened. "That's an indication there is more at hand than just an accident," he said, "but what it was, and who was involved, I don't have evidence."

Van der Sloot's American attorney, Joe Tacopina, has criticized Mos for suggesting his client was involved in Holloway's disappearance if he does not have evidence to back that up.

In response, Mos said that if van der Sloot were tried and acquitted, double jeopardy would attach and he never could be tried again. Just because he decided not to prosecute, he said, doesn't mean "there is not a file in which these three people are primary persons of interest."

Tacopina has declared his client is innocent. "That's quite funny," Mos said, "because he wasn't there on the 30th of May. Neither was I. He should ask his client

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/12/20/aruba.holloway.case/

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #518 on: December 21, 2007, 01:23:42 AM »

Keep it up Joe Taco.  He is really going to get under Mos' skin.  Hope he irritates the sh*t out of him, and Mos vows to make him sorry by GETTING THE EVIDENCE. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: December 21, 2007, 01:25:28 AM »

Dihannah, I hope you are right and Jossy has something more than we know about.  I think the search will find Natalee if she was placed in the areas where they are looking, just not sure she was or not.

Some days it's hard to remain hopeful for a just solution when no one in Aruba seems to want one.  I agree that Mos has tried but he is faced with an array of obstacles beyond his control.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.