April 26, 2024, 02:43:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #706 12/20 -  (Read 465009 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: December 22, 2007, 12:23:32 AM »

Hans was quoted today as saying the investigation was not closed but had only moved into a new phase.  Yeah, right!  I wonder what phase that might be but I think it is the one dennisintn called the cold case meaning they will reopen it when hell freezes over.

Mos also said there were four investigators who COULD be used to continue to follow up on leads, tips and such.

I will translate that for you:  They could be used for this but then again they could be used as door stops just as likely. 

I hope it is true that the defense attorneys are anxious about the search as that could indicate they have reason to fear she will be found by it.  Those photos are just amazingly clear and I do not understand how they find things underwater like that.  But I think they will if she is there.

Just hope some of those from the Twilight Zone are not supplying the locations to search.  That crew is amazing to give of their holiday time as they are doing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: December 22, 2007, 12:31:28 AM »

Maybe NYC can help me with this but I think Hans Mos is what is called a public prosecutor.  He can prosecute civilians but he has no authority over ALE nor government officials.

For one thing, there is some union thingy involved and any investigation of ALE has to go through their union, I do believe.

Recall vdStraten saying no one was ever going to come behind him and investigate his work.  Also that Eric Zandam (not Stanley, the one who was going to write the book and did but think only in Pap) is head of the union or was.  I think he is the only one who can initiate an investigation of cops.  And Interpol has to be invited like everybody else by someone in authority.

Not sure how it works in the government but with duality of authority, part would be Aruban and part Dutch likely. 

I think Mos will be gone in three years and statute of limitation is twelve.  So there will be others who will have a shot at this but I still think he is the one most likely to buck the system and actually do something as he waited for Rudy Croes to leave and go out of the country then made his arrests.

So that is why Hans doesn't arrest everybody on the island for corruption.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: December 22, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »

O/T  I don't want a real Christmas tree, shed too much, pups chew, etc.  So how come last year I put away this beautiful, lush silk tree and when I took it out of the box this year, it looks like that  pitiful one in the Peanuts cartoon?   Shocked

What happens to them in the box over the summer that makes them get so scraggly looking?

And trying to get Klaas to Page 50. . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #963 on: December 22, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »

I'm trying to catch up and am way behind..........can some kind person tell me if the Kalpoe's had a press conference today or if anything new happened today?

Just helps me decide whether to skim or read! TIA!  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: December 22, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »

Aruban defense attorneys dispute alleged evidence in Holloway case
The Associated Press Published: December 21, 2007

ORANJESTAD, Aruba: A suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway never mentioned her death in an online chat, his lawyer said Friday, contradicting Aruban prosecutors who called the comment key new evidence in the case.

The chat log fell far short of justifying the arrest of Deepak Kalpoe, one of three men seen with the American teen the night of her disappearance, said attorney Ronald Wix.

A court in the Dutch Caribbean island agreed and quickly released Kalpoe, along with brother Satish and a third suspect, Joran van der Sloot. Now, authorities should leave the three men alone, Wix told reporters.

"If they as much as look at our clients too long, we'll take them to court," said Wix, who also represents Satish Kalpoe.

The three suspects were seen leaving a bar with Holloway on the final night of her high school graduation trip to the island.

Aruban prosecutors detailed the chat log for the first time Thursday, saying it was a key clue that they hoped would break open the long-stalled investigation. The men did not speak with investigators while detained and a judge ordered their release for lack of evidence.

Upon their release, authorities said they had reached a dead end after two years of pursuing fruitless searches and leads, though they could still prosecute the men if they uncover evidence.

In discussing the online chat, prosecutor Hans Mos told reporters that one of the suspects — he did not disclose which — wrote that Holloway, 18 at the time of disappearance, was dead. He also said Internet messages among two suspects discussed meeting drunk American girls in Aruba.

Wix said the prosecution misinterpreted Deepak Kalpoe's Internet chats.

The 24-year-old native of Suriname in fact told a friend he was upset and thought it was stupid of him to let Holloway, whom he called a drunk stranger, get into his car, the attorney said.

Kalpoe then commented on the death of a tennis teacher who drowned in Aruba almost three years ago. When prosecutors translated his writing from Papiamento to Dutch, they substituted 'the death' to 'her death,' and assumed he was talking about Holloway, Wix said. Most Arubans speak Papiamento, a Creole language that has absorbed words from Spanish, Dutch, English and Portuguese.

Mos was on vacation Friday and could not be reached for a response. Another prosecutor, Dop Kruimel, did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.

Holloway vanished May 30, 2005, hours before she was to return home to Mountain Brook, Alabama. Extensive searches of the island turned up no trace of her, but the Aruban prosecutors have said they believe she is dead — though without a body they admit a prosecution would be difficult.

Van der Sloot has said he dropped Holloway off at the beach and all three suspects have denied any involvement in her disappearance.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/21/news/CB-GEN-Aruba-Missing-Teen.php

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #965 on: December 22, 2007, 12:48:39 AM »

Aruban defense attorneys dispute alleged evidence in Holloway case
The Associated Press Published: December 21, 2007

ORANJESTAD, Aruba: A suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway never mentioned her death in an online chat, his lawyer said Friday, contradicting Aruban prosecutors who called the comment key new evidence in the case.

The chat log fell far short of justifying the arrest of Deepak Kalpoe, one of three men seen with the American teen the night of her disappearance, said attorney Ronald Wix.

A court in the Dutch Caribbean island agreed and quickly released Kalpoe, along with brother Satish and a third suspect, Joran van der Sloot. Now, authorities should leave the three men alone, Wix told reporters.

"If they as much as look at our clients too long, we'll take them to court," said Wix, who also represents Satish Kalpoe.

The three suspects were seen leaving a bar with Holloway on the final night of her high school graduation trip to the island.

Aruban prosecutors detailed the chat log for the first time Thursday, saying it was a key clue that they hoped would break open the long-stalled investigation. The men did not speak with investigators while detained and a judge ordered their release for lack of evidence.

Upon their release, authorities said they had reached a dead end after two years of pursuing fruitless searches and leads, though they could still prosecute the men if they uncover evidence.

In discussing the online chat, prosecutor Hans Mos told reporters that one of the suspects — he did not disclose which — wrote that Holloway, 18 at the time of disappearance, was dead. He also said Internet messages among two suspects discussed meeting drunk American girls in Aruba.

Wix said the prosecution misinterpreted Deepak Kalpoe's Internet chats.

The 24-year-old native of Suriname in fact told a friend he was upset and thought it was stupid of him to let Holloway, whom he called a drunk stranger, get into his car, the attorney said.

Kalpoe then commented on the death of a tennis teacher who drowned in Aruba almost three years ago. When prosecutors translated his writing from Papiamento to Dutch, they substituted 'the death' to 'her death,' and assumed he was talking about Holloway, Wix said. Most Arubans speak Papiamento, a Creole language that has absorbed words from Spanish, Dutch, English and Portuguese.

Mos was on vacation Friday and could not be reached for a response. Another prosecutor, Dop Kruimel, did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.

Holloway vanished May 30, 2005, hours before she was to return home to Mountain Brook, Alabama. Extensive searches of the island turned up no trace of her, but the Aruban prosecutors have said they believe she is dead — though without a body they admit a prosecution would be difficult.

Van der Sloot has said he dropped Holloway off at the beach and all three suspects have denied any involvement in her disappearance.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/21/news/CB-GEN-Aruba-Missing-Teen.php

Oh, I see. It's the press, it's the family, it's the language.

It's not Deepak, Satish, or Joran, or Paulus, or Van der Stratten.

Actually, Natalee Holloway didn't really exist. It's ALL a hoax. Poor, poor, mistreated Aruba! Rolling Eyes

Taco's fingerprints are all over that "If They So Much As Look At Our Client Too Long" statement.

Makes me want to  puker
crazybabyborg
« Reply #966 on: December 22, 2007, 12:51:42 AM »

I'm with you, Anna. Let's get Klaas to page 50.  Wink

BOYCOTT ARUBA!!!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: December 22, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »

"If they as much as look at our clients too long, we'll take them to court," said Wix, who also represents Satish Kalpoe

Well, Wix can relax.  No one is going to look at his clients for very long because they are too ugly for one thing!  They would be yelling Ow, my eyes if they did.

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #968 on: December 22, 2007, 12:53:49 AM »

I thought Dana's show last night with Jug was the best Dana show yet!

He's so forthright, and never hesitates to just cut to the chase.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: December 22, 2007, 12:54:08 AM »

Art saw the cell log of Deepak, Satish and Joran of the night of May 30. Only 4-5 calls. Koen G has a little brother that was interviewed also - when they asked him about his cell phone he says it was stolen at school on May 29, 2005.

They must have their dates messed up.  The 29th was Sunday.  No school on Sunday.

Or, how about this: Koen might have told his little brother the phone was lost at school and was really lost that AM in the ocean or gotten rid of somewhere for a reason.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: December 22, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »

Oh sure, trying to sneak to page 50 while I'm taking a shower  Rolling Eyes Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #971 on: December 22, 2007, 12:55:18 AM »

"If they as much as look at our clients too long, we'll take them to court," said Wix, who also represents Satish Kalpoe

Well, Wix can relax.  No one is going to look at his clients for very long because they are too ugly for one thing!  They would be yelling Ow, my eyes if they did.

With judges in their pockets, going to court is a sure thing. I'm inclined to believe that Mos is disgusted with the judges as well.

Anything new from the searchers?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #972 on: December 22, 2007, 12:56:45 AM »

Art saw the cell log of Deepak, Satish and Joran of the night of May 30. Only 4-5 calls. Koen G has a little brother that was interviewed also - when they asked him about his cell phone he says it was stolen at school on May 29, 2005.

They must have their dates messed up.  The 29th was Sunday.  No school on Sunday.

Or, how about this: Koen might have told his little brother the phone was lost at school and was really lost that AM in the ocean or gotten rid of somewhere for a reason.

Getting rid of the phone shouldn't get rid of the call records. Have we ever seen those?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: December 22, 2007, 12:56:53 AM »

Would someone go over to RU and tell Jenna she needs to seek professional help?  Really, I'm serious.   Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #974 on: December 22, 2007, 12:57:53 AM »

I thought Dana's show last night with Jug was the best Dana show yet!

He's so forthright, and never hesitates to just cut to the chase.

It was a good one for sure.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
crazybabyborg
« Reply #975 on: December 22, 2007, 12:58:31 AM »

Would someone go over to RU and tell Jenna she needs to seek professional help?  Really, I'm serious.   Laughing

Bring it to us, Klaas! I don't ever go anywhere but here! I love reading the funny papers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: December 22, 2007, 01:00:17 AM »

Bring it to us, Klaas! I don't ever go anywhere but here! I love reading the funny papers!

No, I don't want to perpetuate her wacko theories.  Let's just say she's trying to figure out who has planted Natalee's body in the crab trap now.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: December 22, 2007, 01:00:17 AM »

I don't have silk things except silk long underwear Rolling Eyes (thin but warm)... but if you put it in the bathroom with lots of steam from the shower/tub and let it dry, would that perk it up? Is it possible to turn it upside down and do it... you know, like when you put your head down and bush you hard to get more volume?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: December 22, 2007, 01:00:31 AM »

PERSONA NON GRATA

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: December 22, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »

Getting rid of the phone shouldn't get rid of the call records. Have we ever seen those?

No it doesnt,but he could blame the calls on the thief that stole his phone  Rolling Eyes Nope,I havent seen phone records of anyone.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.