March 29, 2024, 01:26:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 yr. old killed by babysitting teens - Colorado  (Read 3259 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 20, 2007, 01:16:54 PM »

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/usa/news/article_1382466.php/Colorado_babysitting__teens_murder_inspired_by_Mortal_Kombat

Dec 20, 2007, 17:53 GMT

Two Colorado teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with mimicked moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

CNN reports that the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on December 6 while the girl's mother was at work.

Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the court document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

The teens are being held at the Weld County jail.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the two teens could each be sentenced to 48 years in prison.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »

This is really sad.  The child suffered a prolonged beating before death.  I hope the courts take that into account when it's time for sentencing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2007/12/20/finish-her/#comments

I think this little girl had a chaotic home life, and was abused on a regular basis. What a tragedy for her to have suffered in the way she did. Poor little baby.

Those teens should spend their lives in jail.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.