April 28, 2024, 04:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #707 12/22 - 12/28/2007  (Read 305336 times)
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: December 26, 2007, 04:10:11 PM »

Hat tip:WJ
Map of the ocean depths surrounding Aruba
http://maps.bpl.org/viewer.jspx?id=05_04_000122

That is a pretty neat map. The boat is searching in water that is up to 900 feet deep?
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: December 26, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »

HI PI,

That is what I have read. If it was Koen's boat they used,I would imagine it was done  quickly and not too far out. I'M just praying it's in the area they are looking. I would imagine there is not much boat traffic on that other side of the island with the exception of traveling back and forth to Curacao and Bonaire.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: December 26, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »

My thought is that where the BIG star is on this map is where they are.  It is NW of the Island, and thats what they stated on the site.  22 sqare miles though, can go in 3 directions.  My guess is towards Venezuela where the other star is.  That is 11-12 miles out.  So if they are going 11-12 miles from the N to S then they are covering the most important areas that need to be searched. 

The sqare outline is where they should be IMO

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: December 26, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

PUT PAULUS IN JAIL

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: December 26, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »

Does anyone have a map of the major and minor currents around the island?

Also, any underwater crevices?

This is all new to me.  TIA

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: December 26, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »

WHERE HE BELONGS

- A Horse's Tale
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: December 26, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »

Peninsula De Guajira is Colombia and Peninsula De Paraguana is Venezuela.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: December 26, 2007, 05:55:26 PM »

PUT PAULUS IN JAIL

Hi, Robots, who is sweeter than Tupelo honey.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: December 26, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »

PUT PAULUS IN JAIL

Hi, Robots, who is sweeter than Tupelo honey.

Very Happy

i think most here would agree you are the sweeter one than i am

thats because you are.Smile

i have made a few friends at the airport......im welcome there anytime
so i have been told
as long as i dont start a ruckus...... Cool Laughing

- A Horse's Tale
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: December 26, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »

Hat tip:WJ
Map of the ocean depths surrounding Aruba
http://maps.bpl.org/viewer.jspx?id=05_04_000122

That is a pretty neat map. The boat is searching in water that is up to 900 feet deep?

Maracaibo is the area where that Juan is located. He is the young man that knows some of Jorans friends and has taken a interest in this case. He is another person with great interest in being a pilot. Several times on that site meter I have seen Maracaibo,the last time a few months ago looking for Joran Van Der Sloots address in Aruba. Just in the last few days Juan signed into BFN but didnt post anything.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:10:39 PM by Observer » Logged

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: December 26, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »

I wonder if there is massive junk on the bottom of the ocean from all the cruise ships dumping garbage at sea which we all know they do even thought they vehemently deny it.

Would the whole ocean floor be covered is junk or what?  What happens to things thrown in by boaters, accidentally and on purpose?  I guess that is why itn is good to have a signature of how a fish trap would show up to tell it from the rest of the stuff down there?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: December 26, 2007, 06:19:32 PM »

I remember Juan, I talked to him alot actually, back then.  Yes he is in Maracabo, but I thought that was venezuela?  Funny, while I was there, I looked out and saw it every day, thinking it was Venezuela, and not Columbia.  Boy am I messed up.   Well I still say if she were in the ocean she will be right here.  Thats where the docking of Koens boat is, the HI is, and the huts.  Go down where you are talking, and thats where Brough is, the incinerator, and Lorenzo, so thats not totally out of the question either.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: December 26, 2007, 06:21:12 PM »

Anna,

They are also using a magnetometer in hopes of detecting the steel from the cage or anchors to weigh it down. If she is in barrel for example then it will be much more difficult to find.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: December 26, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »

According to Tim Miller ... resources had been available to search the deeper Aruban waters since October, 2005.  However ... Gerold Dompig ... who had instructed TES where to search ... suddenly put up a wall of resistance.  Was the Chief of Police made aware of what lay in the deeper waters or ... was Dave's meeting a few days earlier with the Aruban Prime Minister concerning the questioning of Koen in regards to his boat the reason that cooperation ceased?

Janet

++++++++++++++++++

Dave Holloway
On the Record w/ Greta
November 17, 2005

VAN SUSTEREN: Last month, Dave Holloway went to Aruba to organize another search for Natalee ...

HOLLOWAY: ... I made sure that the prime minister understood our position. You know, I had been holding off on this boycott as long as I could, and I told him, I said, you know, The big wave is coming, and if you guys are not going to listen, I can't help you anymore.

Well, I left the prime minister's office. I even gave them the name of the witness that they needed to interview. And I said, you know, If you don't do anything about it, I can't help you anymore.

Tim Miller
On the Record w/ Greta
November 1, 2005

VAN SUSTEREN: Tonight the volunteers that were searching for Natalee Holloway are all back in the United States.  Why did they leave the island? Tim, why did you leave the island?

MILLER: Well Greta, we did everything we could do over there.  We were lead to the water by Chief Dompig in an area he wanted us to search.  We started from shore and moved out. We had two sets of side scan sonar over there. We had a forensic underwater dive team. Another very experienced dive team had their equipment there.  He wanted us to go 3 to 5 miles out and start clearing stuff from the shore out. We let him know early on that we could a limited amount with the equipment we had. We could actually go to 150 ft deep, which is deep. But, ... we needed equipment that would take us 800 to 1000 ft deep.

We actually got that equipment, made arrangements to get it over there. All that was needed was an informal phone call request to have that stuff over there. It looked like we had a real line of communication going with Chief Dompig last Wed. He praised everything we were doing, and then last Thursday [after Dave left on Wednesday], all communication just stopped. Then when I talked to him Friday morning, he was basically kind of ugly to me on the phone. He said, “I do not have time to sit down and write little letters for everything.” I said chief it’s not even a letter, it’s a simple phone call. He said that would have to go through the prosecuting attorney.  We actually had all the equipment to do that search for Aruba at absolutely no cost.  I just felt as though … I don’t know what happened; we lost communication. It is very, very frustrating.

VAN SUSTEREN: To whom was he supposed to make the phone call?

MILLER: We actually had our team from Florida State University. Our underwater divers actually had a connection with somebody with the Navy who was willing to go ahead and bring their equipment. Gene Ralston, one of our members has equipment to go 800ft deep and he’s done a lot of stuff with the FBI and made those contacts. We gave Chief Dompig the phone number at the FBI. They were willing to bring their equipment. Gene was willing to bring his equipment. Everything just literally stopped. We had no clue what went wrong, our trip was basically in vain.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »

OK, had to go and reread.  I am thinking they are looking toward columbia then.  Heres what they say.

Below is a 3-D perspective view (looking west) of the bathymetric portion of the search on the NW side of Aruba. The contour interval is 25ft, showing water depth ranging from about 60 ft to almost 900 ft. The search area with bathymetry shown below is 22 square miles (the size of Manhattan).

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: December 26, 2007, 06:25:05 PM »

Hotshot,

Maracaibo is Venezuela. The peninsula above Maracaibo is Colombia. You can see the boundary's seperating Colombia and Venezuela on that map.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: December 26, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »

I was wondering how many crab traps might be down there.

Does the junk on the bottom flow/shift from the shallow areas <100 ft. to the deeper areas?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: December 26, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »

Hotshot,

Maracaibo is Venezuela. The peninsula above Maracaibo is Colombia. You can see the boundary's seperating Colombia and Venezuela on that map.
Yes, I now understand that, thanks *******.  But with all I am reading, what I just posted, I am thinking they are looking towards Columbia side.  Thats where the clues early on sent us also.....shango/simian....ect.  They are on the N/W tip now (light house)  looking west>>>> Columbia.  Thats the area they are mapping.  OK, off to take a shower....BRB

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »

Does the junk on the bottom flow/shift from the shallow areas <100 ft. to the deeper areas?

I would imagine they would move in the direction of the currents which is west towards panama,depending on where that junk is. Other locations may bring it closer to the Aruban shore if the trap is not weighted down.

Hotshot:

Your right,they seem to be looking in a north west direction off the Aruban Coast. In this interview they said the western part of the island.

"Searching the western point of the island"

http://tinyurl.com/2hlo3q  (Pops up in IE)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:43:57 PM by Observer » Logged

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: December 26, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

I would imagine they would move in the direction of the currents which is west towards panama.

Hotshot:

Your right,they seem to be looking in a north west direction off the Aruban Coast. In this interview they said the western part of the island.

"Searching the western point of the island"

http://tinyurl.com/2hlo3q  (Pops up in IE)
OK, I was talking about what Kyle said on the site.  I try not to listen to Media anymore, they screw things up, as we well know. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.