April 19, 2024, 03:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MATTHEW WILSON 20yrs old, Houston TX - missing since 12/14/07(Found Safe)  (Read 98135 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »

My thoughts are with the family.  I know the area where he last filled his car with gas.  I am sure the police are aware of the general poverty of the neighborhood to the east, the street folks living under the nearby freeway, drug use, chop shops, crack houses, a nearby consulate, lots of folks walking about at all hours in that area, to the degree any of them might have witnessed anything.  The gas station is also at the entrance to Hwy 59 which goes north to the Alabama Indian reservation campground, state parks and lakes, logging areas, any number of places where he may have camped or sought quiet.  I can only speculate that he was filling up before a long night drive towards Texarkana, in the general direction of home, or perhaps preparing so he could drive his friend to the airport the next morning.  I just wish I could help in some concrete way.

Welcome to SM

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

Bringing Matthew's Candles forward:

Light a candle for Matthew...
  Special thanks to Marlee for helping me!   

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=MattW

I am praying for this young man, his mother and family.

I'll continue to find you - - -

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »

My prayer is that there will be a happy outcome in regards to the disappearance of Matthew Wilson.  However ... in the process of elimination within the investigation ... I believe that searchers as well as the public should have a description of the vehicle cover which was purchased just prior to the disappearance.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

http://www.media.rice.edu/media/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=10451

01/15/2008

PHONE: 713-348-6770
E-MAIL: balmond@rice.edu

Rice student has been missing one month; clues still sought

Despite reward offers totaling $25,000 for information leading to the discovery of missing Rice University student Matthew Wilson, the university police have not received any helpful leads on the 20-year-old's whereabouts.

"We've explored every tip, but they haven't led to any useful clues about what happened to Matthew," said Rice Police Chief Bill Taylor. "We have no evidence one way or the other to indicate whether foul play was involved,"

A month has passed since Wilson was last seen by his roommate in their off-campus apartment Dec. 14. Wilson, a junior majoring in computer science, did not turn in his final exams for the fall semester, and he did not visit or contact his family over the holidays. He did not show up this month for the spring semester classes for which he had preregistered. In the days leading up to his disappearance, he bought a car cover, a car window shade, charcoal and matches, and he withdrew a total of $500 from an ATM in Houston. Just before midnight Dec. 14, gasoline was purchased with his debit card, which required his personal code number, and the card has not been used since. His car and backpack are still missing, but his cell phone was left in the apartment.

Wilson's mother and one of his sisters traveled to Houston last week to talk to his friends, Rice police and others in the Rice community. The family has created a new Web page -- findmattwilson.org -- to keep the communication lines open with anyone who wants to share information.

Rice University is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of Wilson, and his family is also offering $10,000 for information leading to his return.  Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to felony charges in the case.

"We're still hoping someone will phone in a tip that gives us a breakthrough in the case, and we're very grateful to the news media and members of the Rice community who have helped keep the search for Matthew well-publicized," Taylor said.

Wilson is Caucasian, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 135 pounds, and has red hair and green eyes. He had a full beard when last seen. His car is a silver 2004 four-door Dodge Neon with Oklahoma license plate 863 MCZ.

To contact the Rice University Police Department, call 713-348-6000. To contact Crime Stoppers, call 713-222-TIPS (8477). 

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2003/02/57444?currentPage=1
Suicide 101: Lessons Before Dying
Julia Scheeres
02.03.03 | 2:00 AM

"My son might have been alive today if it weren't for ASH," said Betty Jean James, whose 30-year-old son Kimball learned how to kill himself using carbon monoxide poisoning on ASH. On March 31, 2001, he drove to a campsite overlooking Colorado's scenic Cache la Poudre river, lit two charcoal grills he'd placed in his car and rolled up the windows. The police found his body four days later.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200410/13/eng20041013_160037.html
Nine died in group suicides near Tokyo
UPDATED: 09:55, October 13, 2004

Seven young men and women were found dead in a car parked at an isolated mountainside lot near Tokyo early Tuesday in a suspected group suicide, police said. Minutes later, the bodies of two more women who had apparently fulfilled a separate suicide pact were found.

<snipped>

Investigators found four charcoal stoves in the car which they believe the group used to poison themselves with carbon monoxide, another police spokesman said, also requesting anonymity.

Minutes later, two women were found dead in a car parked outside an isolated temple in Yokosuka, about 100 kilometers (60 miles) southeast of the first location, a Kanagawa prefecture police spokesman said. The pair were lying on the car's back seat, with two charcoal stoves sitting on the floor. The car windows had been sealed with a black plastic tarp

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »

I am filled with dread after reading Tamikosmom's post.     I hadn't read about the cases where charcoal grills were used in cars to commit suicide before. There is always hope Matthew Wilson can be found alive and well, but with each passing day with no news, and with the story Tamikosmom posted, it gives me pause.  I had thought perhaps he was going to go do some survival camping off the land.  But the purchase of the grill could have been for something much worse.  Very sad for his mother to have to wonder where her boy is and if he's alright. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »

I am filled with dread after reading Tamikosmom's post.     I hadn't read about the cases where charcoal grills were used in cars to commit suicide before. There is always hope Matthew Wilson can be found alive and well, but with each passing day with no news, and with the story Tamikosmom posted, it gives me pause.  I had thought perhaps he was going to go do some survival camping off the land.  But the purchase of the grill could have been for something much worse.  Very sad for his mother to have to wonder where her boy is and if he's alright. 

MuffyBee ... my reaction was the same as yours when I was informed of the possible implications of the last items purchased by Matthew ... charcoal ... matches .... car cover ... window shades ... gasoline.

I hope with all my heart that there is a more positve outcome for Matthew and his loving family.

I contacted the University Police with my information and ... B.J. Almond ... Director of News and Media Relations ...Office of Public Affairs responded kindly.  Probably ... just a form email that was personalized.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »

I feel the same way. It never occured to me that someone would use a grill to commit suicide. I also thought maybe he went camping and had an accident, or got lost.

Janet - As usual, great detective work. You amaze me!
 I do hope this is not what happened in Matthew's case, but it's looking very much like this won't have a good outcome. I do feel terrible for his family, but if you've done anything to help find him, and answer questions, then I'm sure everyone will be grateful to you. The not knowing is just torture for the families of the missing.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »

pdh3

I received an email from Houston TX Police Department today.

I never provided my name, address or phone number in my email to the University Police.  They requested all this information from me.

As I said before ... I am sharing info regarding "charcoal suicides" but ... at the same time ... I am praying for a miracle.  However ... the truth ... no matter what it is ... must be better than not knowing.

Janet

_____

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

I'm sure Matthew's family will be grateful to you for helping in any way you can.
We all hope for the best, but Matthew has been gone a long time with no word.
The one thing that puzzles me is what he did with the money he withdrew. What happened to it?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

I'm sure Matthew's family will be grateful to you for helping in any way you can.

The one thing that puzzles me is what he did with the money he withdrew. What happened to it?

I was under the impression that tipsters could remain anonymous.  I was somewhat taken back when the email from the Houston TX Police Department requested my identity. I definitely do not want my name given to the family.

I wonder if there is some out-of-state location that is meaningful to Matthew.  Maybe the $500.00 was used for travelling expenses ... meals ... accomodations ... gas ...

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

I was under the impression that tipsters could remain anonymous.  I was somewhat taken back when the email from the Houston TX Police Department requested my identity. I definitely do not want my name given to the family.

I wonder if there is some out-of-state location that is meaningful to Matthew.  Maybe the $500.00 was used for travelling expenses ... meals ... accomodations ... gas ...

Janet

If you have a tip or have seen Matthew, please feel free to contact me through Klassend.

But, I would refrain from sending your theories and speculations to Bill.
No need to distract the professionals from helping to find Matthew.

Thank you.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

Kermit ... I am not speculating.  I do not have a clue what happened to Matthew Wilson.

I used the official channels which were provided for public input and ... the two contacts which I made within the investigation did not imply that the info I provided was a "distraction".

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

Kermit ... I am not speculating.  I do not have a clue what happened to Matthew Wilson.

I used the official channels which were provided for public input and ... the two contacts which I made within the investigation did not imply that the info I provided was a "distraction".

Janet

Janet,

The Chief of Police, Bill Taylor, does not need you emailing him your speculation about Charcoal suicides.

Those numbers are provided for people to provide a TIP and/or LEAD not personal theories based on what you read in a newspaper without supporting actual facts of this case.

Hence the caution if you have a tip or if you have seen Matthew contact me through Klassend.
Please, use common sense. Thanks.

kermit.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »

Bringing Matthew's Candles forward:

Light a candle for Matthew...
  Special thanks to Marlee for helping me!   

I am praying for this young man, his mother and family.

I'll continue to find you - - -

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »

Matthew J. Wilson, Rice University Student, Missing Since December 15, 2007 in Houston, TX
December 22, 2007

18 ... Charcoal, matches, and a car cover suggest to me suicide by Carbon Monoxide through the burning of charcoal in a confined space.

Brad Delp, the lead singer of Boston took his own life in this manner last year.

One reason I can envision this scenario that may be hard to accept by others is that I lost my 16-year old son to suicide in 2006.

As far as I could tell, there were no warning signs.

Comment by richard | April 17, 2008

http://missingexploited.com/2007/12/22/matthew-j-wilson-rice-university-student-missing-since-december-15-2007-in-houston-tx/
Apr 27, 2007
Brad Delp: Details Emerge About His Tragic Suicide

The parked car was unattended, but to the police who arrived at Brad Delp’s home on March 9, it was immediately clear that something was amiss.

A dryer vent hose connected to the car’s exhaust pipe lay on the ground alongside the vehicle. Inside the garage, a note taped to the house door made the owner’s intentions explicit:

“To whoever finds this I have hopefully committed suicide. Plan B was to asphyxiate myself in my car.”

The police had been called to the Boston lead singer’s home in Atkinson, New Hampshire, by his fiancée, Pamela Sullivan, after she’d discovered Delp’s car with the dryer hose attached. Delp “had been depressed for some time,” Sullivan told the police, “feeling emotional [and] bad about himself.”

Inside the house, on a door at the top of the stairs, the police found a second note directing them to the master bedroom. Cautiously they made their way inside and into the master bedroom. There, like a portent, a third note warned them of the possible presence of deadly carbon monoxide.

Outside the bathroom of the master bedroom, a faint smell of burnt charcoal hovered in the air. The police knocked on the bathroom door. “Mr. Delp?” they called. “Sir, are you inside? Are you okay, sir?”

After a lengthy silence, they turned their shoulders to the door and began battering it with their full force. As it gave, the odor of charcoal intensified and hot plumes of blue-grey smoke poured from the excavated room. Broken tape along the door indicated it had been sealed. The police waited for the smoke to abate, then entered the room, covering their mouths and waving away the haze.

As the smoke cleared, the scene within the bathroom slowly came into view. Two charcoal grills perched among the bathroom fixtures, their metal tops emitting heat waves. On the floor beside them lay the body of a man, his head resting on a pillow. A note paper-clipped to the neck of his shirt told them what they needed to know: "Mr. Brad Delp. Jai une ame salitaire. I am a lonely soul.”

Brad Delp was dead, a suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the New Hampshire medical examiner. He was 55.

Though his fragile emotional state had been known to his fiancée, Delp’s fans were none the wiser. To millions of music fans, he was forever the singer whose buoyant voice carried Boston to the top of the charts in the Seventies and Eighties with hits like “More Than a Feeling, “Peace of Mind,” “Long Time” and “Amanda.” At the time of his death, Delp was preparing for a summer tour with his Boston band mates, guitarists Tom Scholz and Barry Goudreau. He had also planned to marry Sullivan during a break in the tour.

Police found four sealed letters in the home that were addressed to Sullivan; Delp’s children; their mother, Micki Delp; and another unidentified couple. Police lieutenant William Baldwin said the police had given the letters to the family members without reading them.

Whatever insights the letters may have provided, Delp provided sufficient clues to his circumstances in one of the notes found at his house: “I take complete and sole responsibility for my present situation. I have lost my desire to live,” he wrote, adding instructions to the police on how to contact his fiancée. “Unfortunately she is totally unaware of what I have done.”

Brad Delp was cremated on Wednesday, March 14.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/brad_delp_details_emerge_about_his_tragic_suicide

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

Was the above FP comment posted by "our" Richard?

Richard ... I did not know.  I am sorry for your loss ... it must be so difficult.

Hugs

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2008, 03:59:17 PM »

Was the above FP comment posted by "our" Richard?

Richard ... I did not know.  I am sorry for your loss ... it must be so difficult.

Hugs

Janet

I don't know Janet why don't you post to him on the FP?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »

I am sharing info regarding "charcoal suicides"
Janet

If Matt was going to commit suicide why do you think he withdrew $500.00 from the atm?
He bought cheese and water, charcoal and matches on the 9th
Next day he bought organic bread, cookies and cereal.
4 days later he bought gas and has been missing since.
The gas station was the highway he would normally use to come home on.
And a bad area in Houston.

"But command Joshua, and encourage him and strengthen him; for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you will see.’" (Deuteronomy 3:28)
Words of encouragement are always stronger then negative.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »

My heart is with you Cathy.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24:02 PM »

Matt's car has been found in California.

I'll post more details later.

Please continue to pray for this young man and his family.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.