April 26, 2024, 11:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MATTHEW WILSON 20yrs old, Houston TX - missing since 12/14/07(Found Safe)  (Read 98345 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »

I can't get any of these to play......  Sad

I'm not sure why, they play for me when I click on the link.

SHOUT OUT TO DUGGA
DUGGA WHERE ARE YA BUDDY - WE NEED ASSISTANCE IN THE MEDIA ROOM.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 08:35:15 PM »

SHOUT OUT TO DUGGA

They should work now.  Wink
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 02:03:34 AM »

This kid has just fallen off the face of the Earth.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »

SHOUT OUT TO DUGGA

They should work now.  Wink

Thank You Ms. Klassend.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

This kid has just fallen off the face of the Earth.....

I hope and pray for Matthew to come home soon.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »

Kermit - I do too. But he seems to have driven off into a great abyss somewhere.
It's just so puzzling, because Matthew seemed to care a great deal about his education. It doesn't make sense that he'd leave his life behind. I really feel that something has happened to him.
I so hope I'm wrong.

FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 04:46:25 AM »

He left his cell phone in his apt so we can't ping him.
His backpack and car are missing.
Taking such a large sum of cash implies a specific purpose. I'd check with Western Union to see if he sent the money somewhere. I'd also focus more on why anyone would take a car and a backpack(bookbag?) but leave behind a cell phone. IF he were destined for a quiet lodge somewhere where he could shower/study/eat/sleep without being disturbed that might be a reason for leaving a phone behind but 500.00 is rather high for a 'study break'. I'd check service records on the vehicle and see who else ever drove it. I think it more likely that a studious type would take the cell phone with him but turn it off. Leaving it behind is just strange. Nobody takes a large sum of cash with them but leaves their cell phone behind. Did he recently get involved with a girl who visited him?
If the money left the apartment but his cell phone didn't, I think the problem started right there and then. The car was just to make it look like it happened elsewhere.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »

Kermit - I do too. But he seems to have driven off into a great abyss somewhere.
It's just so puzzling, because Matthew seemed to care a great deal about his education. It doesn't make sense that he'd leave his life behind. I really feel that something has happened to him.
I so hope I'm wrong.

I hope he just got stressed out and is taking a little time to himself and will call soon.

BUT it is totally out of his character. Plus if a computer kid is going to run off, he'd take the computer with him or turn it off.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »

He left his cell phone in his apt so we can't ping him.
His backpack and car are missing.
Taking such a large sum of cash implies a specific purpose. I'd check with Western Union to see if he sent the money somewhere. I'd also focus more on why anyone would take a car and a backpack(bookbag?) but leave behind a cell phone. IF he were destined for a quiet lodge somewhere where he could shower/study/eat/sleep without being disturbed that might be a reason for leaving a phone behind but 500.00 is rather high for a 'study break'. I'd check service records on the vehicle and see who else ever drove it. I think it more likely that a studious type would take the cell phone with him but turn it off. Leaving it behind is just strange. Nobody takes a large sum of cash with them but leaves their cell phone behind. Did he recently get involved with a girl who visited him?
If the money left the apartment but his cell phone didn't, I think the problem started right there and then. The car was just to make it look like it happened elsewhere.

He did not have a girl friend.

Or the car was only used to move the body. And they didn't see the cell phone.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5429701.html
Jan. 5, 2008, 8:15AM
Rice, family offer $20,000 for whereabouts of missing student
By JENNIFER LEAHY
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 12:29:56 PM »

Rice offering reward for information about missing Oklahoma student

08:55 AM CST on Monday, January 7,
Associated Press

HAWORTH, Okla. – Rice University in Houston is now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to a missing student from Oklahoma.

Matthew Wilson of Haworth disappeared on Dec. 14. He was last seen by his roommate at their apartment off-campus.

Authorities said Wilson, 20, is a good student with no record of problems. He failed to turn in his final exams for the fall semester and hasn't contacted his family.

http://tinyurl.com/2xcdzm

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 08:23:36 PM »

Light a candle for Matthew...
  Special thanks to Marlee for helping me!   

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=MattW
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »

BUMP
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 10:46:58 AM »

what time was the money withdrawn ?

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 11:07:54 AM »

Police sift through tips regarding missing Rice student

Dec. 27, 2007, 1:05AM
Rice University police are sifting through a handful of tips that arrived Wednesday from Crime Stoppers concerning the disappearance two weeks ago of student Matthew J. Wilson.

Police Chief Bill Taylor said nothing yet has pointed to foul play. The 20-year-old Wilson, a straight-A computer science major, was last seen Dec. 14.

"It's still a missing person case," Taylor said. "We have nothing to indicate this is a criminal act."

Police were hoping Wilson, a first-semester junior, would make contact with family or friends over Christmas, but no one heard from him, Taylor said.

Wilson made two ATM withdrawals from his bank account, one for $400 and one for $100, on the 14th, and returned to his apartment later that day. There has been no activity in his bank account since then, and there still is a significant balance, Taylor said.
Wilson was reported missing by his roommate Dec. 18. Wilson's car, a silver 2004 Dodge Neon with Oklahoma plates (863 MCZ), is gone, as is his backpack. His cell phone was left in his apartment, and all of his clothing appears to be there as well.

Thought at first to be hiding out in a quiet spot to work on his take-home exams, Wilson never turned them in. His mother, Cathy Wilson of Haworth, Okla., has not spoken to him since earlier in December.

Matthew Wilson is 5-7 and weighs approximately 135 pounds. He has red hair and green eyes, wears glasses and sports a full beard.

Rice classes resume Jan. 7.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5405246.html

Highlighted above, Robots, earlier on the day of the 14th, and nothing since.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Police sift through tips regarding missing Rice student

Dec. 27, 2007, 1:05AM
Rice University police are sifting through a handful of tips that arrived Wednesday from Crime Stoppers concerning the disappearance two weeks ago of student Matthew J. Wilson.

Police Chief Bill Taylor said nothing yet has pointed to foul play. The 20-year-old Wilson, a straight-A computer science major, was last seen Dec. 14.

"It's still a missing person case," Taylor said. "We have nothing to indicate this is a criminal act."

Police were hoping Wilson, a first-semester junior, would make contact with family or friends over Christmas, but no one heard from him, Taylor said.

Wilson made two ATM withdrawals from his bank account, one for $400 and one for $100, on the 14th, and returned to his apartment later that day. There has been no activity in his bank account since then, and there still is a significant balance, Taylor said.
Wilson was reported missing by his roommate Dec. 18. Wilson's car, a silver 2004 Dodge Neon with Oklahoma plates (863 MCZ), is gone, as is his backpack. His cell phone was left in his apartment, and all of his clothing appears to be there as well.

Thought at first to be hiding out in a quiet spot to work on his take-home exams, Wilson never turned them in. His mother, Cathy Wilson of Haworth, Okla., has not spoken to him since earlier in December.

Matthew Wilson is 5-7 and weighs approximately 135 pounds. He has red hair and green eyes, wears glasses and sports a full beard.

Rice classes resume Jan. 7.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5405246.html

Highlighted above, Robots, earlier on the day of the 14th, and nothing since.

thanks

we dont know if HE withdrew it..do we ??

someone did

but we dontknow for sure if HE did it
yes?
no ?

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »

room mate

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »

14th is a friday

18th is a tuesday

- A Horse's Tale
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »

The room-mate said he saw him Saturday night and the roomie left and didn’t return until Sunday and noticed the car wasn’t there.

Quoted from the last page: I wonder why the roomie didn’t contact the family instead of waiting for the phone to ring.  Surely the # would have been in the phone.

His mother, Cathy Wilson, said it wasn't unusual for her son to turn off his cell phone during finals week because he took school work very seriously.

She was surprised, however, when she called on Tuesday and Matthew's roommate answered his phone.

Wilson's roommate said he filed a police report earlier that day because Matthew, a junior, hadn't been seen in nearly three days.

"Matthew would have to be half-dead before he would leave school without turning in his final project,” Cathy Wilson said.

Cathy Wilson said she last saw her son on Thanksgiving and he was planning to be home for the holidays.

None of his family members have heard from Matthew Wilson since his disappearance.

Wilson said her son was supposed to pick up another student to give her a ride to the airport Saturday and she later told university officials he never showed up.

He also didn't tell anyone where he was going Saturday, leaving behind his cell phone but taking a backpack and his car, a four-door Dodge Neon.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

room mate

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The bank would have surveillance video of those transactions if Matthew used an ATM, and if he walked in, or used a drive thru, a teller would also be involved in the transaction, and they would have a video of all that as well. LE probably checked all those tapes already.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.