April 17, 2024, 07:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reporting From The Twilight Zone - SpQQky  (Read 2268 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: December 21, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »

Today was to be my down day.  All the windows except the dining room window are being torn out and replaced today.  ( yes, we have a foot and half of snow and it is below freezing out there)  I was very disheartened as I dismantled all my computer equipment and put it in storage, as my office is one the rooms being destroyed as I write.  I moved just my desktop iMac and key board to the dining room to at least get some reports done.  I cried as I disconnected my life line to the modem and internet.   A whole day without the internet.  I didn't know how I was going to exist.

Well here I am at the keyboard.  I have no modem here, but for some reason unknown by me, the gods have granted me internet access.  I am going to have to call my computer store later to see what Christmas Spirits are inhabiting my computer.

I wonder if I will be able to communicate from beyond the grave, when the time comes!!  Shocked

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »

GO~ Wow!  You're posting to SM from the Twilight Zone Shocked  How cool is that?!  Cool Cool Cool I don't know how you managed a full day without the internet     but looks like you are doing alright now. Laughing  It must be very crazy having the windows redone while the weather is cold and snowy.  I can't imagine why you have internet access without a modem.  Do you have a card installed in your computer to receive wireless internet and perhaps a neighbor has wireless?  Hmmm.     Maybe best not to question the gift you are being given Laughing Laughing  As far as being able to communicate from beyond the grave when the time comes? Who knows. Technology is growing in leaps and bounds... Idea

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »

Muffy, I had purchased a new IMac recently.  I have always used Macintosh since the 80's.  It is "airport" which comes built into the new Leopard Operating System.  Just like buy a new car these days, it generally takes a year or two to discover what all the buttons, bells and whistles are all about.  I actually didn't know I had airport turned on or for that matter where it is picking up the signal from.  Because I have the modem for the Mac brought into the house by me and then we use a wireless modem for my wife's PC it is probably picking up the signal from somewhere in the house.  It could be that it is also picking up a signal from someplace else near by.  I have no idea.     I have a friend who is a PC Tech and he has always referred to my computers are the "evil fruit machine", but I have never used anything else and I really to like it.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.