April 24, 2024, 10:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #709 12/30 - 1/3/08  (Read 251045 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: January 01, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »

Pauw Witteman show had Peter deVries as guest on 12/7/07 when JVDS was to be released.  During the show Paulus called in. 

Here's the youtube of the segment.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=i5RAr8nUbu8

YOUTUBE -fragment. Holloway - case only the first two minutes.
But of course translation is here:

Pauw: Why was Joran arrested for this second time?
PVDS : I have no idea , because in fact they don't have any evidence. I think the arrest was even illegal , just because they did not have ANYTHING.

Pauw: Do you think this was the last time we see Joran arrested , I mean , is he off the hook now?
PVDS : Yes , I can't imagine he will ever be arrested again in this case , because there is nothing to find against him.  That does not mean the case                should remain closed or unsolved. They owe it not only to the girl , but also to my falseley accused son , that it should stay open.

Pauw : Mr DeVries , is Joran no longer a suspect to you too?
Peter DeVries: Of course he is still my prime suspect , and not just mine alone. That there is not enough proof for a conviction at this moment , does not mean at all it will stay that way. The moment Natalees body is found , or someone opens his mouth about the case , or even some additional technical evidence shows up , he will be fully in the spotlights again ,I assure you.

Pauw : So you still think he was involved one way or another?
DeVries : Involved? He was THERE.

Translation , yours truly , DD.

Paulus van der Sloot and the "powers that be" in the coverup will do their utmosts to make sure that documents/statements pertaining to the Natalee Holloway investigation are never released to the family/FBI ... even if it means not closing the case ... leaving it opened to become a cold case.

Janet

+++++++++++++

Jug Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
July 6, 2005

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

Art Wood
DANA PRETZER
July 2, 2006 - Part 1
July 8, 2006 - Part 2

The family of Natalee needs to put pressure on the US attorney in Birmingham to push the FBI to conduct an investigation after ALE close the case. We have a treaty that allows the FBI to pursue a violation of civil rights of an American citizen there.

Art Wood
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
December 2, 2005

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: Absolutely. Absolutely. There's a lot that Americans can do through the State Department. I want to remind everybody that Natalee Holloway was a U.S. citizen. Once the Aruban authorities are done investigating this case, the FBI can still conduct an investigation, and they could extradite these suspects to the United States. Let me point out that there's a ton of circumstantial evidence in this case to convict these kids.

Exactly Janet we had the same thoughts.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: January 01, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

Pauw Witteman show had Peter deVries as guest on 12/7/07 when JVDS was to be released.  During the show Paulus called in. 

PVDS : I have no idea , because in fact they don't have any evidence. I think the arrest was even illegal , just because they did not have ANYTHING.

Pauw: Do you think this was the last time we see Joran arrested , I mean , is he off the hook now?
PVDS : Yes , I can't imagine he will ever be arrested again in this case , because there is nothing to find against him.That does not mean the case                should remain closed or unsolved. They owe it not only to the girl , but also to my falseley accused son , that it should stay open.

Peter DeVries: Of course he is still my prime suspect , and not just mine alone. That there is not enough proof for a conviction at this moment , does not mean at all it will stay that way. The moment Natalees body is found , or someone opens his mouth about the case , or even some additional technical evidence shows up , he will be fully in the spotlights again ,I assure you.

I just love Peter DeVries.  Wish Kimberly Guillfoile (?) and he would get together and do a show.  Questions and excerpts from Joran's Dutch book, investigative findings, his thoughts on the "police" department (the group that threatens a strike when told they will be investigated and posts trash on their website), and then some degree of investigative insight into the judges and the PVDS connection to the whole program.  I would pay to watch it.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: January 01, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »

Nut

Should that building or that name ring a bell??  I'm lost.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: January 01, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »

PVDS : Yes , I can't imagine he will ever be arrested again in this case , because there is nothing to find against him.  That does not mean the case                should remain closed or unsolved. They owe it not only to the girl , but also to my falseley accused son , that it should stay open.

Paulus van der Sloot and the "powers that be" in the coverup will do their utmosts to make sure that documents/statements pertaining to the Natalee Holloway investigation are never released to the family/FBI ... even if it means not closing the case ... leaving it opened to become a cold case.

Janet

+++++++++++++

Jug Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
July 6, 2005

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

Art Wood
DANA PRETZER
July 2, 2006 - Part 1
July 8, 2006 - Part 2

The family of Natalee needs to put pressure on the US attorney in Birmingham to push the FBI to conduct an investigation after ALE close the case. We have a treaty that allows the FBI to pursue a violation of civil rights of an American citizen there.

Art Wood
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
December 2, 2005

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: Absolutely. Absolutely. There's a lot that Americans can do through the State Department. I want to remind everybody that Natalee Holloway was a U.S. citizen. Once the Aruban authorities are done investigating this case, the FBI can still conduct an investigation, and they could extradite these suspects to the United States. Let me point out that there's a ton of circumstantial evidence in this case to convict these kids.

Exactly Janet we had the same thoughts.

San ... you know the saying ... "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE."

Then there is the saying ... 'FOOLS SELDOM DIFFER."   Laughing

Happy New Year San.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: January 01, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »

The thing about disappearing the body.  If she died from natural causes, or drugs, or other easily explained reasons, why disappear the body?

Would any DNA evidence have been dismissed as consensual?

Would it matter who's DNA was involved?  Would everyone be able to dismiss their participation so easily?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: January 01, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »

San ... you know the saying ... "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE."

Then there is the saying ... 'FOOLS SELDOM DIFFER."   Laughing

Happy New Year San.

Janet

Laughing

Happy New Year to you too Janet.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: January 01, 2008, 06:07:29 PM »

An AP article about Natalee.  The case in under investigation by college students -

Students to Reopen Chandra Levy Case
1 hour ago

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — Criminal justice students at a Georgia college are preparing to undertake their own investigation of the 2001 slaying in Washington of Chandra Levy, the Modesto resident whose death tainted a congressman's career.

The students at Bauder College in Atlanta also will look into the disappearance three years ago of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Since 2005, Bauder students have studied old evidence and case files from unsolved crimes as part of the school's Cold Case Investigative Research Institute, said institute director Sheryl McCollum.

The 50 students plan to turn their findings and recommendations over to Washington police and prosecutors at the end of the term. However, they will not be graded or get course credit for their work interviewing experts associated with the two cases, preparing timelines and looking for clues in Levy's computer.

"Our motto is 'Justice delayed, not denied.' How do you just stop trying?" McCollum said.

McCollum's previous students have researched the 1996 shooting death of rapper Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas and the conviction of Wayne Williams, who was blamed for the murders of two dozen children and young men in Atlanta during the late 1970s and early '80.

Levy, 24, had just finished working as an intern for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons in May 2001 when she disappeared. Her body was found in a Washington park a year later and her death ruled a homicide, but no one has been charged.

The case attracted widespread attention over allegations that Levy had been romantically involved with married U.S. Rep. Gary Condit. It was cited as the main cause of his re-election defeat in the March 2002 primary.

In the Aruba case, three young men have been questioned in Holloway's disappearance on the island, but prosecutors closed their investigation Dec. 18, saying they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute.

Levy's mother, Susan Levy, said she welcomes the renewed attention her daughter's death will receive. Most of the investigators originally involved in the case have retired or moved on to other jobs.

"It's always good to have a fresh look," she said, adding that "a lot of things still don't make sense."

link

Great publicity for Aruba.  I wonder if the Dutch have a similar program for students?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: January 01, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »

More great publicity -

College Students to Reopen Levy Investigation   posted 5:34 pm Tue January 01, 2008 - Modesto, Calif.

Criminal justice students at a small Atlanta college are preparing to launch their own investigation into the 2001 disappearance and killing of Chandra Levy.

Since 2005, students at Bauder College have sifted through old evidence and case files from unsolved crimes as part of the school's Cold Case Investigative Research Institute. This year, Levy's homicide and the disappearance of teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba are on their agenda.
[snip]
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0108/484381.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #508 on: January 01, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

Nut

No...not the dude that was found dead in his bedroom. The other guy that was arrested for the attack on the tourist middle name is Gerard. Gerard was also the name left by the bogus post on the front page re: a body being found at the goldmine. Have I confused you yet, lol...I think I have confused myself!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: January 01, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »

Nut

No...not the dude that was found dead in his bedroom. The other guy that was arrested for the attack on the tourist middle name is Gerard. Gerard was also the name left by the bogus post on the front page re: a body being found at the goldmine. Have I confused you yet, lol...I think I have confused myself!!

The Frenchman's Pass??  or something like that....the one with the shrine across the street.... You have a better memory than I..... 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: January 01, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »

More publicity =

Georgia students will sift through evidence for clues in the murder

By EMILIE RAGUSO
eraguso@modbee.comand MICHAEL DOYLE
BEE WASHINGTON BUREAU

last updated: January 01, 2008 01:17:01 A

[snip]
Will take up Holloway case, too

Students this year also will probe the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, a high school student from Alabama who vanished during a graduation trip in Aruba.

Students meet monthly to share insights from their research and hear from speakers who worked the case or have other expertise. McCollum has considered inviting former Washington, D.C., Police Chief Charles Ramsey to speak. He was chief during the Levy investigation.

She plans to bring in a technology expert to talk about Levy's computer and explain what Web sites she apparently visited before her disappearance might reveal. It's all about exposure to information sources officers regularly mine, she said.

There is a tradition of college students finding justice in old cases. At Northwestern University Law School in Illinois, for instance, the Center on Wrongful Convictions has exonerated death row inmates.

Levy's parents, through Washington-based attorney Billy Martin, had their own private investigators looking into the murder.

The private investigators kicked up a bit of a fuss, including the discovery of some bones that had been missed by police, but they, along with Martin, have long since left the case.

"They promised to contact me," Susan Levy said, "but they never have."

Former FBI agent Brad Garrett, the chief federal investigator in the matter, has retired and started his own Northern Virginia investigations firm.

"If I had the money to, I would hire him," Levy said. "I just can't afford it."

Former D.C. Chief Ramsey has become police chief in Philadelphia, while his former deputy, Terrance Gainer, is now sergeant-at-arms for the U.S. Senate.

Met new D.C. police chief

Susan Levy made a point of flying to Washington about a year ago to meet with Ramsey's replacement, Cathy L. Lanier. There have been more than 1,000 homicides in Washington since Chandra Levy died, and Susan Levy wanted to make sure her daughter wasn't forgotten.

"As a woman, I immediately felt a connection to her," Levy said of Lanier. "She seemed very, very warm."

Levy said Lanier assured her that much is possible. The department has top-notch investigators. Cold cases are reopened. Last year, Washington, D.C., police solved 70 percent of all homicides.

That represents progress. In 2003, Washington police solved 60 percent of homicides.

Still, it means about one in three Washington murders remains unsolved. The police department has its own cold case experts, for whom the Bauder College students will serve as voluntary reinforcements.

For the families of victims in cases they've studied, McCollum said, extra help is often a blessing. Students reach out to survivors whenever possible. Parents come to the college to speak. Others have called the institute weekly for updates. McCollum has invited Susan Levy to Georgia to talk to students.
[snip]
http://www.modbee.com/local/story/167078.html

I wonder if the Holloway case will become a 'staple' on college campuses in the U.S.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: January 01, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »

the people that think joran and k2 are innocent  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

my goodness

after all this time, the stories of what each of them have described that night still DO NOT MATCH UP. this of course after they told multiple stories and multiple lies to POLICE

yea yea yea.. they only lied because they were scared........

scared of what ????????????  these outstanding DRUNKARDS, GAMBLERS, MONEY STEALING FROM PARENTS and DOG KILLERS were scared because they didnt want people to think they were not "nice" guys.......
they didnt want their repuation tarnished ??????????

HHAHHHHHHHHHHH

yea, sure   that aint for sale over here or anywhere else

wanna try something else Cool to spin

I agree...protecting their reputations...that is a riot  Laughing

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: January 01, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »

Just a little note....as I glance through some of the "picture" sites....I would say that the majority of people, in the clubs, appear to be South American.....don't see many US people....only my opinion after reviewing for two plus years.  I am sure that tourists from other areas neither tip nor purchase items such as frufru coffee (like the coffee shop guy complained about) the way American's do.  JMO   Smile
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: January 01, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

On the other hand, when does Joran's name come to people's minds?

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/2912715/_Maddieverdachte_in_het_nauw__.html?p=10,1
ma 31 dec 2007, 10:17 | 77 reacties

Murat in Maddiezaak in het nauw

AMSTERDAM -  Engelsman Robert Murat is verder in het nauw gedreven nu weer getuigen zeggen dat hij de avond van de verdwijning van Maddie niet bij zijn moeder was. Ook duikt het verhaal van twee blonde mannen in het appartementengebouw op.
[snip]

From the comments -

Oh ik wist nog niet dat hij zijn PC had laten opschonen door een expert. Dat deed de rasleugenaar Joran van der Sloot ook en ik vind het wel een belangrijke aanwijzing veel aandacht voor een verdachte te hebben !

from babelfish -
Oh I not yet knew that he its PC. would have let clean by an expert. That did the race liar Joran of of the ditch also and I find it, however, an important indication much attention to a verdachte to have!

Not sure what it all means...but,  Shocked

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: January 01, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »

An AP article about Natalee.  The case in under investigation by college students -

Students to Reopen Chandra Levy Case
1 hour ago

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — Criminal justice students at a Georgia college are preparing to undertake their own investigation of the 2001 slaying in Washington of Chandra Levy, the Modesto resident whose death tainted a congressman's career.

The students at Bauder College in Atlanta also will look into the disappearance three years ago of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Since 2005, Bauder students have studied old evidence and case files from unsolved crimes as part of the school's Cold Case Investigative Research Institute, said institute director Sheryl McCollum.

The 50 students plan to turn their findings and recommendations over to Washington police and prosecutors at the end of the term. However, they will not be graded or get course credit for their work interviewing experts associated with the two cases, preparing timelines and looking for clues in Levy's computer.

"Our motto is 'Justice delayed, not denied.' How do you just stop trying?" McCollum said.

McCollum's previous students have researched the 1996 shooting death of rapper Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas and the conviction of Wayne Williams, who was blamed for the murders of two dozen children and young men in Atlanta during the late 1970s and early '80.

Levy, 24, had just finished working as an intern for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons in May 2001 when she disappeared. Her body was found in a Washington park a year later and her death ruled a homicide, but no one has been charged.

The case attracted widespread attention over allegations that Levy had been romantically involved with married U.S. Rep. Gary Condit. It was cited as the main cause of his re-election defeat in the March 2002 primary.

In the Aruba case, three young men have been questioned in Holloway's disappearance on the island, but prosecutors closed their investigation Dec. 18, saying they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute.

Levy's mother, Susan Levy, said she welcomes the renewed attention her daughter's death will receive. Most of the investigators originally involved in the case have retired or moved on to other jobs.

"It's always good to have a fresh look," she said, adding that "a lot of things still don't make sense."

link

Great publicity for Aruba.  I wonder if the Dutch have a similar program for students?

I wish more colleges would do this.  Use this case as a text book example how a government covered up a murder and how people are targeted in another country and have no rights after they are drugged, kidnapped, raped and murdered.  Talk about putting a nail in the coffin.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: January 01, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »

the people that think joran and k2 are innocent  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

my goodness

after all this time, the stories of what each of them have described that night still DO NOT MATCH UP. this of course after they told multiple stories and multiple lies to POLICE

scared of what ????????????  these outstanding DRUNKARDS, GAMBLERS, MONEY STEALING FROM PARENTS and DOG KILLERS were scared because they didnt want people to think they were not "nice" guys.......

HHAHHHHHHHHHHH

They were scared that their well rehearsed and so far successful plot to prey on young tourist girls had been uncovered and they would no longer be able to have their perverted fun at the expense of any more drugged and unwitting girls

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2008, 07:23:43 PM »

Can a smart Monkey, please help me with this? I need to know who the Heimlein referred to in this quote is? TIA

Merian Ernest Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject: The florin
Although the coin has the orange's regal visage on one side if you flip it you will see who runs the show.

There are rules that need to be respected and laws that need to be obeyed. Heinlein was right. The downfall will be embarrassing.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »

Natalee is somewhere waiting
in a place that's cold and dark.
And when she hears the Persistence
her soul will feel a spark!

Her body is somewhere waiting
but her soul is in another place.
She knows she's not forgotten.
Quietly she waits, with an angel's grace.

She heard her parents talking
about plans to bring her home.
She's waited such a long time,
counting days pass one by one.

But now she knows she's going home.
She'll be on home ground again.
There are wonderful people who are bringing a ship
she tells her Angel friends.

There are people coming to search for me,
they are already looking every day.
A sturdy ship, a caring crew.
God please let them find me, I pray!

Her face will glow with happiness,
and the Angels will sing their song.
She raises her voice to Him in prayer.
Thank you Lord...it's been so long!

She's ready and waiting, she'll know when they're near.
She'll know when they stop above her.
The Angels will sing and the Heavens will shine.
She's going home to her families who love her!

For the Persistence and crew, a New Year's boost of encouragement for your selfless efforts and dedication. God is with you all.
Wishing each of you a very Happy New Year, and many blessings.

GabbyG

Beautiful Gabby.

What a beautiful sentiment! I pray the Persistence crew is able to find her...

Wishing all the monkeys a healthy, happy 2008!

Bring Natalee home...
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »

http://www.wcoins.com/imagegallery/Aruba.htm

http://www.banknotes.com/aw.htm
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »

my goodness

HHAHHHHHHHHHHH

They were scared that their well rehearsed and so far successful plot to prey on young tourist girls had been uncovered and they would no longer be able to have their perverted fun at the expense of any more drugged and unwitting girls

hey . You ! Aussie Girl ! !   Happy New Year ! What strange and unusual customs are down under ? I am waitng for the first foot guy ... this is a celt custom where the first man to cross the threshhold had to be a dark haired man, nice looking and have a lump of coal. I forgot to open the front door last night and then the back door.
O O , off topic, me bad   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.