April 30, 2024, 01:32:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #709 12/30 - 1/3/08  (Read 251217 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #520 on: January 01, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

More publicity =

Georgia students will sift through evidence for clues in the murder

By EMILIE RAGUSO
eraguso@modbee.comand MICHAEL DOYLE
BEE WASHINGTON BUREAU

last updated: January 01, 2008 01:17:01 A

[snip]
Will take up Holloway case, too

Students this year also will probe the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, a high school student from Alabama who vanished during a graduation trip in Aruba.

Students meet monthly to share insights from their research and hear from speakers who worked the case or have other expertise. McCollum has considered inviting former Washington, D.C., Police Chief Charles Ramsey to speak. He was chief during the Levy investigation.

She plans to bring in a technology expert to talk about Levy's computer and explain what Web sites she apparently visited before her disappearance might reveal. It's all about exposure to information sources officers regularly mine, she said.

There is a tradition of college students finding justice in old cases. At Northwestern University Law School in Illinois, for instance, the Center on Wrongful Convictions has exonerated death row inmates.

Levy's parents, through Washington-based attorney Billy Martin, had their own private investigators looking into the murder.

The private investigators kicked up a bit of a fuss, including the discovery of some bones that had been missed by police, but they, along with Martin, have long since left the case.

"They promised to contact me," Susan Levy said, "but they never have."

Former FBI agent Brad Garrett, the chief federal investigator in the matter, has retired and started his own Northern Virginia investigations firm.

"If I had the money to, I would hire him," Levy said. "I just can't afford it."

Former D.C. Chief Ramsey has become police chief in Philadelphia, while his former deputy, Terrance Gainer, is now sergeant-at-arms for the U.S. Senate.

Met new D.C. police chief

Susan Levy made a point of flying to Washington about a year ago to meet with Ramsey's replacement, Cathy L. Lanier. There have been more than 1,000 homicides in Washington since Chandra Levy died, and Susan Levy wanted to make sure her daughter wasn't forgotten.

"As a woman, I immediately felt a connection to her," Levy said of Lanier. "She seemed very, very warm."

Levy said Lanier assured her that much is possible. The department has top-notch investigators. Cold cases are reopened. Last year, Washington, D.C., police solved 70 percent of all homicides.

That represents progress. In 2003, Washington police solved 60 percent of homicides.

Still, it means about one in three Washington murders remains unsolved. The police department has its own cold case experts, for whom the Bauder College students will serve as voluntary reinforcements.

For the families of victims in cases they've studied, McCollum said, extra help is often a blessing. Students reach out to survivors whenever possible. Parents come to the college to speak. Others have called the institute weekly for updates. McCollum has invited Susan Levy to Georgia to talk to students.
[snip]
http://www.modbee.com/local/story/167078.html

I wonder if the Holloway case will become a 'staple' on college campuses in the U.S.

I think it would be great to get Art Wood or someone who helped on Natalee's case to speak for these students.Maybe even Beth or Dave,to give a parent's point of view.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #521 on: January 01, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »

I have a really stupid question...I know most of mine are stupid, but I should know the answer to this one and I don't.

What caused the ALE to attempt to drain that pond on June 14 or so?  The one we all saw on television that they never quite got drained and just gave up? Who pointed them in that direction?  Was it the discovery of those panties or did someone tell them Joran was seen there? Anyone?  TIA
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #522 on: January 01, 2008, 07:55:05 PM »

Can a smart Monkey, please help me with this? I need to know who the Heimlein referred to in this quote is? TIA

Merian Ernest Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject: The florin
Although the coin has the orange's regal visage on one side if you flip it you will see who runs the show.

There are rules that need to be respected and laws that need to be obeyed. Heinlein was right. The downfall will be embarrassing.

The only Heinlein I am familar with is Robert Heinlein, a German-American science fiction writer.
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: January 01, 2008, 08:00:30 PM »

Pauw Witteman show had Peter deVries as guest on 12/7/07 when JVDS was to be released.  During the show Paulus called in. 

Here's the youtube of the segment.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=i5RAr8nUbu8

YOUTUBE -fragment. Holloway - case only the first two minutes.
But of course translation is here:

Pauw: Why was Joran arrested for this second time?
PVDS : I have no idea , because in fact they don't have any evidence. I think the arrest was even illegal , just because they did not have ANYTHING.

i hope jorg pillories paulus again in public for speaking badly about the justice system of which he is a member.  it's time for the sloot's to start paying their own freight for what they've done to and with natalee, and stop hiding behind aruba's coattails.
dennisintn
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #524 on: January 01, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »

I have a really stupid question...I know most of mine are stupid, but I should know the answer to this one and I don't.

What caused the ALE to attempt to drain that pond on June 14 or so?  The one we all saw on television that they never quite got drained and just gave up? Who pointed them in that direction?  Was it the discovery of those panties or did someone tell them Joran was seen there? Anyone?  TIA

snipped...

GRACE: Jossy, question about the pond. What in the gardener`s statement has led police to drain this pond?

MANSUR: The fact that he identified these three suspects in the Kalpoe`s car at that hour, between 2:30 and 3:00, at that particular place. We have to remember that Joran is a member of the racket clubs. He knows that area very well, from the palm of his hand.

And we have to remember also that Joran confessed to the police on the 13th of June that, at 2:00 that same morning, he went to the beach to the north of the Marriott Hotel with Natalee.

GRACE: So he is a member, his family is a member, of the racket club. And we`ve caught him in another lie, bottom line.

MANSUR: Of course, we caught him in a lie, because, not only him, but the Kalpoe brothers also, because they claim they dropped him off there at 2:00 and then went home.

But they were with him, because in a further statement to the police on the 13th of June, Joran said that Deepak Kalpoe walked back to the beach where he had left Natalee asleep and then he didn`t hear anything more. Then, at the end, when the police asked him what he thought happened between Deepak and Natalee, he said, "I think he raped her and then murdered her."

This is from the police records.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/26/ng.01.html
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #525 on: January 01, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »

Thanks Pita...I knew I should have known the answer. 
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #526 on: January 01, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »

Thanks Pita...I knew I should have known the answer. 

LOL Lala's!!   Laughing
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: January 01, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

Can a smart Monkey, please help me with this? I need to know who the Heimlein referred to in this quote is? TIA

Merian Ernest Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject: The florin
Although the coin has the orange's regal visage on one side if you flip it you will see who runs the show.

There are rules that need to be respected and laws that need to be obeyed. Heinlein was right. The downfall will be embarrassing.

The only Heinlein I am familar with is Robert Heinlein, a German-American science fiction writer.

Thanks Pita...I did see a famous quote of his about capitalism, will go back now that I have a first name.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

Where was Steve Croes at 2 am if he wasn't watching the Tatoo? Was it rumored he went to c & c that night? If so, where did he go after closing time? I can't help but wonder why he lied about the HI story.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: January 01, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »

Could SC be one of Deepak's dogs?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: January 01, 2008, 08:32:11 PM »

Where was Steve Croes at 2 am if he wasn't watching the Tatoo? Was it rumored he went to c & c that night? If so, where did he go after closing time? I can't help but wonder why he lied about the HI story.

I still find it telling and odd that SCroes was given a job at CnC's after the story... and who's brother is the PR manager of CnC's....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: January 01, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

I still find it telling and odd that SCroes was given a job at CnC's after the story... and who's brother is the PR manager of CnC's....

Tito.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: January 01, 2008, 08:37:09 PM »

and who does tito work for?  and who is her good friend???

it all just points the same way .....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: January 01, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »

Hi Shell...Steve has me wondering too! First I thought he was arrested to keep him quiet about who all of the pimps were at C and Cs that night. Then I started leaning towards him being involved in the moving of Natalee. And just lately I read a lot of old posts that he was a bigtime drug dealer and that J2k's were his runners.

Remember the first reports said that Natalee left with a known drug dealer. But anyway, IMO he's more involved than the HI lie.

The two dogs could be Deepak and Steve.

Hi Mrs Red....Steve got a new job, Kalpoes got to stay and the Internet Cafe and even Dompig came out smelling like a rose!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: January 01, 2008, 08:46:58 PM »

Yep
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »

Yes it does. And, Joran, Deepak and little Satish will forever be known as the last 3 with Natalee. They did something to her and the Dad knows and/or was involved. We will continue to broadcast that fact in the great US of A. and they will live to regret. What goes around comes around, my Mom said it and it is true.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: January 01, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

Yes it does. And, Joran, Deepak and little Satish will forever be known as the last 3 with Natalee. They did something to her and the Dad knows and/or was involved. We will continue to broadcast that fact in the great US of A. and they will live to regret. What goes around comes around, my Mom said it and it is true.

I agree.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: January 01, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »

Mrs. Red - I need you to check your messages please, TIA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: January 01, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

I agree.

I know for a fact that what goes around comes around is true

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: January 01, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »

Mrs. Red - I need you to check your messages please, TIA

Check your email....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.