April 25, 2024, 09:16:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lance Bossie -21- Missing- Ft. Kent, Maine(BODY FOUND)  (Read 7324 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 11, 2008, 03:15:29 PM »

Still no sign of missing Fort Kent man
By Jen Lynds
Monday, February 11, 2008 - Bangor Daily News

FORT KENT, Maine — After two weeks, investigators still have discovered no sign of a 21-year-old Fort Kent man who has been missing since Jan. 26.

The Aroostook County Sheriff’s Department has appealed to the public for help in finding Lance Bossie, who was last seen that Saturday morning.

According to police, Bossie was last seen on Market Street in Fort Kent at approximately 6:30 a.m. He reportedly was heading south in a 2003 Maroon Ford F-350 truck with tan rocker panels.

Bossie was reported missing about 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan 27, when he did not show up for his job with TNT Road Co. at a project in the Ashland area.

He has not contacted anyone since he was last seen.

Bossie is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, 185 pounds and has a dark complexion with short black hair. Investigators said he could be wearing tan Dickies or Carhartt work clothes.

A video has been posted on YouTube featuring pictures of Bossie with family and friends. The three-minute clip asks anyone with information about his whereabouts to call authorities.

Police have recorded no activity on his credit or debit cards since he was last scene. He may have had approximately $1,200 with him when he disappeared.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Aroostook County Sheriff’s Department at 800-432-7842.

http://bangornews.com/news/t/aroostook.aspx?articleid=160027&zoneid=175
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:17:34 PM by klaasend » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »

Bangor Daily News (Maine)

February 14, 2008 Thursday

Body found likely that of missing man

PORTAGE   

The body of a male found early Wednesday on a logging road about 20 miles west of Route 11 in Portage is believed to be that of a 21-year-old Fort Kent man.

Lance Bossie has been the subject of a search since he was reported missing about 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan 27, when he did not show up for his job with TNT Road Co. at a project in the Ashland area.

Bossie was last seen on Market Street in Fort Kent at approximately 6:30 a.m. Jan. 26. He reportedly was heading south in a 2003 Maroon Ford F-350 truck with tan rocker panels.

"We have not yet made a positive identification, but we suspect it's Lance. His vehicle was there," Aroostook County Sheriff James Madore said Wednesday evening.

Madore said the incident remained under investigation late Wednesday and that an autopsy by the state medical examiner's office had been tentatively scheduled for today to determine the cause of death.

Madore said county law enforcement officials were contacted early Wednesday after a grader operator reported finding Bossie's pickup on a logging road off the Rocky Brook Road west of Portage.

Deputy Sheriff Larry Goff and Sgt. Forrest Dudley of the Aroostook County Sheriff's Department, are leading the investigation, Madore said.

After Bossie was reported missing, county police appealed to the public for help in finding him.

A family member also posted a video earlier this month on YouTube featuring pictures of Bossie with family and friends. The three-minute clip asks anyone with information about his whereabouts to call authorities.

Responses to the video late Wednesday afternoon and evening offered condolences to the Bossie family. 
http://bangornews.com/news/t/aroostook.aspx?articleid=160211&zoneid=175

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:26:16 AM »

I have no idea what happened. It appears to be suicide, in my opinion.
Maine papers are not known to report suicides, as such. His body has been found, may he rest in peace.

FORT KENT - Lance Bossie, 21, died Jan. 26, 2008. He was born Oct. 18, 1986, in Fort Kent, the son of Carroll and Debbie (Caron) Bossie of New Canada. In addition to both of his parents, Lance is survived by his sister and best friend, Lee Bossie of New Canada; his grandparents, Raoul and Lou Caron of Fort Kent, and Orenie and Elsie Bossie of New Canada; and his cousins, whom he was very close to, Kris, Ryan, Randy and Cody. He is also survived by many aunts and uncles. He was predeceased by his uncle, Carl Caron, in 2006. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Louis Catholic Church, Fort Kent. At the request of the family there will be no visiting hours at the funeral home. A register book will be available for friends to sign at the church. Those who wish may donate in Lance's memory to Lee Bossie Scholarship Fund, 275 Fox Road, New Canada, ME 04743. Envelopes will be available at the church. Spring burial will be held May 9, at St. Louis Catholic Cemetery.
http://legacy.com/bangornews/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=103448598

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »

At least his family was spared the agony of never knowing where he was. God Bless Them.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »

Police identify body found in Portage
By Jen Lynds
Saturday, February 16, 2008 - Bangor Daily News

PORTAGE - The body of a man found early Wednesday in a truck on a logging road approximately 20 miles west of Route 11 in Portage has been positively identified as that of Lance Bossie, 21, an official from the state medical examiner’s office said Friday.

An autopsy conducted Thursday determined the cause of death was a self-inflicted single gunshot wound to the head. A Taurus .38-caliber revolver was recovered at the scene.

The death is not considered suspicious, according to a statement from the Aroostook County Sheriff’s Department.

Bossie, who lived in Fort Kent, had been reported missing at 5 p.m. Jan. 27 after he did not show up for his job with TNT Road Co. at a project in the Ashland area.

According to police, the 21-year-old last was seen on Market Street in Fort Kent at approximately 6:30 a.m. Jan. 26. He was heading south in a 2003 Maroon Ford F-350 truck.

Bossie had not contacted anyone since he last was seen, and police had not recorded any activity on his credit or debit cards.

Investigators speculated that it was Bossie’s body immediately after a grader operator reported finding Bossie’s pickup on a logging road off Rocky Brook Road west of Portage.

Deputy Sheriff Larry Goff and Sgt. Forrest Dudley of the Aroostook County Sheriff’s Department led the investigation.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.