March 29, 2024, 02:59:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722258 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #900 on: May 16, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/brittanee-drexel-remains-found-13-years-after-disappearance-in-sc-suspect-named/article_0d390038-d53b-11ec-99ce-db9ccf49a480.html

Brittanee Drexel remains found 13 years after disappearance in SC, suspect named

By Mike Woodel mwoodel@postandcourier.com
2 hrs ago

GEORGETOWN – The remains of Brittanee Drexel were found in a wooded area west of Georgetown last week 13 years after the Rochester, N.Y.-area teenager disappeared, Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver announced May 16.

Weaver named Raymond Douglas Moody, who was arrested by the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office on May 4 for obstruction of justice, as Drexel’s alleged killer. Moody is still being held in Georgetown County Detention Center as of May 16.

He has now been charged with murder, kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct in her disappearance and death, Weaver said at an afternoon press conference. Though Moody’s obstruction of justice charge carries a $100,000 bond, no bail has been set on the other three charges.

“To the Drexel family, we mourn with you and pray for you as you cope with the tragedies of 13 years ago,” Weaver said. “No one deserves to go through this, and our hearts go out to you.”

Drexel’s remains were identified through dental records and DNA, with confirmation coming over the weekend, 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.

Drexel, a 17-year-old from Chili, N.Y., went missing after departing the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, while on a spring break trip. Moody’s State Law Enforcement Division arrest record lists the day Drexel was last seen alive as the incident date for the obstruction of justice charge.

The teen’s parents, Dawn and Chad Drexel, thanked law enforcement for staying on the case for so many years until Brittanee was finally located. Dawn Drexel described the discovery of her daughter’s remains as bittersweet, giving the family a little more closure. Their efforts can now move from the search for Brittanee to “a pursuit for Brittanee’s justice.”

“This is truly a mother’s worst nightmare,” Dawn Drexel said. “I am mourning my beautiful daughter, Brittanee, as I have been for 13 years. But today it’s bittersweet. We are much closer to closure and the peace that we have desperately been hoping for.”

Dawn Drexel said she and her family did not plan to answer questions on May 16 and asked for privacy so they could grieve. She also announced that the family will hold celebrations of Brittanee’s life in Rochester and Myrtle Beach at a later date.

The press conference was attended by a large group of local, state and federal law enforcement personnel, some of whom had worked on the case for years. Richardson said it had become personal for many, describing how Myrtle Beach Police Chief Amy Prock had provided hands-on help with excavating Brittanee’s remains once they were located.

Moody’s arrest touched off speculation of a connection to Drexel’s case, in which he had been named a person of interest in 2012. Media reports of remains being found during a search of a wooded property west of Georgetown circulated May 12, though authorities would not reveal the reason for the search at the time.

Moody, 62, received a traffic ticket for speeding in Surfside Beach on April 26, 2009, the day after Drexel disappeared, and had his Georgetown-area apartment searched by investigators in August 2011. He was also named a person of interest in another Georgetown County disappearance, that of Crystal Soles.

Soles was last seen at Shaw’s Corner Store in Andrews on the morning of January 24, 2005.

Arrest warrants released by the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office after the May 16 press conference accuse Moody of holding Drexel against her will, raping her and strangling her to death on April 25, 2009. He then allegedly took steps to cover up the crimes, the warrants state. The warrants, however, contain scant details about how those events came to pass or what evidence investigators have to link Moody to the crimes.

Moody is a registered sex offender, having been convicted of the rape of a child under the age of 14 in California in 1983. He was later convicted of failure to register as a sex offender in South Carolina in 2010.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: May 16, 2022, 03:19:09 PM »

Glad for her family she was finally found.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: May 16, 2022, 03:32:10 PM »

Glad for her family she was finally found.   

Me too!  And I'm thankful that other story by a prior suspect obviously was not true!  I'm so sorry her family had to endure that.  Just awful! 

Justice for Brittanee! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: May 16, 2022, 04:01:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/WPDEABC15/posts/pfbid08KSsh1DGbLYuGcSy5rMDNALrMHo9JSXLhZ8k5oxSMkZDTvm9fR3QAzxdirGANzmal

WPDE ABC15
10m  ·
Authorities accused Raymond Moody Monday of burying a deceased Drexel. His charges include rape, murder and kidnapping. A search, which resulted in the discovery of the remains, happened approximately 2.5 miles from a motel where Moody had been living when Drexel went missing.
https://bit.ly/3sDqz1Y

Justice for Brittanee!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:03:10 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: May 17, 2022, 09:10:42 PM »

He should have never been out of prison imo.  Sickening. 

Video at the link

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/05/17/i-am-so-so-sorry-this-happened-her-rape-kidnapping-victim-raymond-moody-speaks-out

‘I am so, so sorry this happened to her’: Rape, kidnapping victim of Raymond Moody speaks out

Kerri Harding was kidnapped by Moody in 1983. She was 8. Moody was 23.

By Ashley Boles
Published: May. 17, 2022 at 5:57 PM CDT|Updated: 3 hours ago

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) - Childhood memories can often fade, but for Kerri Harding, the events from the winter of 1983 are etched in her memory permanently.

“By the time I get up to his car, he’s unlocking the passenger door of his car and he threw me in. He drove off, had me out of there so fast, I couldn’t even blink, that’s how fast it happened,” said Harding.

Raymond Moody took Kerri Harding in 1983. She told WMBF News he drove her to an undeveloped housing site in Vallejo, CA a few miles from her school, where she was hoping to play with a girl her age.

“And then he assaulted me, brutally, for hours,” said Harding.

By telling Moody that she needed to go to the bathroom, Harding was able to escape from his car, run and find help.

Harding immediately told her family, who filed a police report.

“My mother and my aunt got in the car with me every single day and drove and drove up and down every street, looking for the description I had given of his car, and it wasn’t very long until the police found him,” recalled Harding.

What Harding didn’t find out until a few months after her attack was that she was not the only victim. She says she was one of seven girls under the age of 14 that Moody also kidnapped and assaulted.

The details are listed on Moody’s sex offender profile with SLED.

The charges landed him with a 40-year sentence, but he was released from California State Prison Solano in 2004, after only serving 21 years. That’s when he moved nearly 3,000 miles from California to Georgetown, South Carolina.

“You know when you’re the sixth of seven girls, what you know for sure is that he’s never going to stop doing this,” said Harding.

In 2012, when Moody was first named a person of interest in the Brittanee Drexel case, Harding said she spoke with police in Myrtle Beach and told her story publicly.

“I did everything I thought I could do to help them have evidence to support that he had done this to Brittanee. For instance, I told them to get my records here and compare them to Brittanee’s records and they did and the similarities were uncanny,” said Harding.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: May 19, 2022, 08:02:27 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.burroughsfh.com/obituary/Brittanee-Drexel

Brittanee Marie Drexel
October 7, 1991 ~ April 25, 2009 (age 17)

Obituary
Brittanee Marie Drexel, 17, was called to be with the Lord tragically on April 25, 2009 while visiting Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. She was born on October 7, 1991, and raised in Rochester, New York where she attended Gates Chili High School.

Brittanee was a bright and spirited young woman with a heart of gold. She had aspirations of modeling, becoming an OB nurse, getting married, and raising a family of her own. In her free time, Brittanee loved spending time with her family, making memories with her friends and playing soccer. Carefree and energetic, Brittanee enjoyed shopping, going out with friends and exploring new places. Brittanee has been and will continue to be deeply missed by everyone who knew her. Her bright smile and infectious laughter will live on in the memories of all who had the honor of knowing her.

Left to cherish Brittanee’s memory are her mother, Dawn Drexel (David Conley) of Florida, (biological) father John (Regina) Kahyaoglu, father, Chad (Kristy) Drexel of Rochester, NY; brother, Camdyn Drexel; sister, Myrissa Drexel and her daughter, Myla; brother, John John and sister Selin Kahyaoglu; maternal grandparents, Carol & Alan Wagner of Wildwood, FL; paternal grandparents, Linda & Richard Wolpert of Rochester, NY; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Brittanee is reunited in passing with her grandparents, Namik and Ayten Kahyaoglu; great-grandparents; her Uncle Mark, and Uncle Brian.

A Celebration of Brittanee’s life will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 10:00am at The Fathers House, 715 Paul Rd. Rochester, NY 14624 and is open to the public.

Please consider memorial contributions in lieu of flowers.

Please donate here: https://www.givesendgo.com/BrittaneeDrexelMemorialFund

To offer words of comfort through the online guestbook, kindly visit the funeral home website at, www.burroughsfh.com

Burroughs Funeral Home & Cremation Services (843.651.1440) of Murrells Inlet is honored to assist the Drexel family.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: May 23, 2022, 05:14:08 PM »

13 years she was missing.  I hope her family can get justice for what that monster did to their daughter. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: October 19, 2022, 09:31:21 PM »

https://www.live5news.com/2022/10/19/man-pleads-guilty-2009-murder-kidnapping-rape-brittanee-drexel/
Man pleads guilty to 2009 murder, kidnapping and rape of Brittanee Drexel
By Patrick Phillips and Steven Ardary
Published: Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:05 PM CDT|Updated: 2 hours ago

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - The man charged with killing a 17-year-old in Myrtle Beach back in 2009 pleaded guilty in a Georgetown County courtroom Wednesday morning.

Raymond Moody pleaded guilty to the murder, kidnapping and rape of Brittanee Drexel.

Moody was sentenced to life in prison for the murder and 30 years each for the kidnapping and criminal sexual conduct charges.

During the almost hour-and-a-half hearing, the family recounted the events the day of and the days after April 25, 2009, when Drexel went missing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.