March 29, 2024, 01:07:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRUISE SHIP - MISSING PERSONS, News, etc...  (Read 200114 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2013, 02:22:16 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Man-fell-to-his-death-from-cabin-balcony-on-Carnival-cruise-ship-214230361.html
Man fell to his death from cabin balcony on Carnival cruise ship
July 3, 2013

GALVESTON, Texas -- During a seven-day Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Magic, a 39-year-old male guest accidentally fell from his cabin balcony and landed on an open deck area three decks below, on Tuesday morning.
The victim was sitting on the balcony railing and accidentally fell, according to witnesses who were on the balcony with him at the time.
The guest died.
Carnival’s Care Team is providing assistance and support to the guest’s traveling companions and family back home.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Man-fell-to-his-death-from-cabin-balcony-on-Carnival-cruise-ship-214230361.html
Man fell to his death from cabin balcony on Carnival cruise ship
July 3, 2013

GALVESTON, Texas -- During a seven-day Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Magic, a 39-year-old male guest accidentally fell from his cabin balcony and landed on an open deck area three decks below, on Tuesday morning.
The victim was sitting on the balcony railing and accidentally fell, according to witnesses who were on the balcony with him at the time.
The guest died.
Carnival’s Care Team is providing assistance and support to the guest’s traveling companions and family back home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2562667/Worker-nude-cruise-beat-raped-American-passenger-31-tried-throw-OVERBOARD-called-son-b.html
Cabin steward on nude cruise beat and raped American passenger, 31, then tried to throw her OVERBOARD after she called him a 'son of a b****'
February 19, 2014

*Victim had phone cord wrapped round her neck in vicious attack
*Indonesian Ketut Pujayasa told FBI woman had insulted him at breakfast
*28-year-old charged with attempted murder and aggravated sexual abuse

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

Soccer fan cruise ship incident: Jorge Alberto Lopez Amores remains missing     6.20.14

A soccer fan's cruise ship excursion has now gone horribly awry. A man named Jorge Alberto Lopez Amores is missing from a cruise ship that was carrying fans of the Mexican World Cup team. Fox Sports shared the latest information on Friday.

Several witnesses on the MSC Divina indicate that the missing man jumped from the cruise ship “of his own will.” It does seem, based on witness reports, that heavy drinking had been involved prior to the man's disappearance. Both Mexican officials and people from the cruise company have verified that they are searching for the man.

Unfortunately Jorge Alberto Lopez Amores is said to have fallen into very deep waters. In addition, the drop from where he fell or jumped from the ship was about 15 stories high. The incident happened around 5 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, so at this point things look quite grim for the soccer fan in the cruise ship incident.
http://www.examiner.com/article/soccer-fan-cruise-ship-incident-jorge-alberto-lopez-amores-remains-missing

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2014, 12:29:08 PM »

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/20141013/carnival-cruise-cancellations-due-to-ebola-a-setback/
Carnival cruise cancellations due to Ebola a setback
October 13, 2014

The Ebola issue in Africa has caused a bit of a setback for the likes of the Carnival Cruise Line due to several cancellations, although they are not alone. While something like this is out of their hands, and cancelling cruises is the best course of action, it is still a hammer blow to a company that has just started to get back on its feet.

The cruise industry as a whole has been hit hard by the spread of the Ebola virus, but Carnival saw its shares fall last week due to a change of itineraries, and people feeling uneasy about the cruise sector as a whole due to fears of an all-out outbreak.

Cruise ship companies have now been advised not to send their ships to ports near West African countries affected by the spread of this virus.

Carnival had seen increased bookings on its cruises, and started to see a healthy profit once again, due to people feeling at ease with the cruise ship operator. Not only that, but with huge savings on fuel over the past seven years, things were truly looking up for them.

It is for this reason why fears of a spread of the Ebola virus could prove a setback for Carnival, and as such will now need to readjust its finical figures, something that investors may react negatively to.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/travel/news/2014/10/17/cruise-ship-ebola/17401823/
Worker who may have handled Ebola specimen on cruise
October 17, 2014

A health care worker who may have handled a specimen from the Liberian man who died from Ebola in Dallas is on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

Industry giant Carnival says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notified it late Wednesday that a passenger on the Texas-based Carnival Magic was a lab supervisor at the Dallas hospital where Thomas Eric Duncan died from the disease earlier this month.

Carnival says the unnamed woman has been placed in isolation on the ship and has shown no signs of illness.

Carnival says it is in close contact with the CDC, and "at this time it has been determined that the appropriate course of action is to simply keep the guest in isolation on board."

The Carnival Magic is on a seven-night cruise to the Western Caribbean that began Oct. 12 in Galveston, Texas. The ship called at the island of Roatan, Honduras on Wednesday and Belize City, Belize on Thursday. It's scheduled to visit Cozumel, Mexico today and return to Galveston on Sunday morning.

Belize's 7 News reports the Belize government refused a U.S. request Thursday to let the Dallas health care worker disembark in Belize so she could be flown home by air ambulance from a local airport.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/world/2014/10/19/us-gets-blood-sample-from-woman-monitored-on-ship/17543409/
Cruise ship returns to Texas, Ebola scare ends
October 19, 2014

The health care worker aboard a Carnival Cruise Lines ship who was being monitored for signs of Ebola passed a blood test and was allowed to leave with other passengers when the ship docked Sunday in Texas, health officials said.

"We are able to confirm that the (Ebola) test was negative," Galveston County Health Authority spokesman Kurt Koopman said in an email to USA TODAY shortly after Carnival Magic docked in Galveston.

The woman had handled specimens from the nation's first confirmed Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, who died Oct. 8 at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

"The Galveston County Health Authority has made the assessment that there is no evidence of a public health threat to cruise passengers or to Galveston County. The passenger and her travel partner have been allowed to disembark without restrictions," county health officials said in a statement.

A Coast Guard helicopter had flown to the ship Saturday and received samples from health care worker for testing in Austin.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »

Cruise Line Releases Timeline Before Woman Went Overboard
Missing Cruise Ship Victim's Son Seeks Answers

May 14, 2008
FBI agents were in Bermuda Wednesday interviewing other passengers trying to get to the bottom of a tragic incident.

Mindy Jordan, 46, reportedly went overboard from the Norwegian Dawn about 45 miles off the coast of Atlantic City on the way to Bermuda.

The Camden County woman's family said Wednesday that very little information was being given about what had happened, they had been left with many questions.

But the Norwegian cruise line took steps to try and answer some of those Wednesday night.

The cruise ship docked Wednesday in Bermuda. An FBI spokesman said they were met by investigators who will conduct interviews.

"I can't work. I can't sleep, I can't eat," Barry Jordan, Mindy's son, said.

Barry Jordan said Wednesday he had just talked to his mother Sunday morning to wish her a happy Mother's Day just hours before she left on the cruise with her boyfriend of two and a half years, Jorge Caputo.

It was a memory he said was shattered after a phone call from Caputo to Mindy's mother later that night.

"Jorge apparently called her and said, 'your daughter fell overboard.' The thing that doesn't get me is that he felt very comfortable saying it," Barry Jordan said.

He said Caputo told them Mindy was "clowning around."

"It's not like her to do something like that. She's only 4 feet 10 inches and 98 pounds. You can't just fall off. I can't see her jumping up on a railing like that, clowning around or not," Barry Jordan said.

The original statement from Norwegian Cruise Lines said that initial reports indicated Jordan was "attempting to climb from one exterior balcony on deck nine to an adjoining balcony and fell overboard."

Barry Jordan said that isn't like the long-time nurse and mother of two.

"Did the cruise ship have cameras? Did they go through the cameras? I want to know the story," Barry Jordan said.

On Wednesday night, the cruise line issued a new statement that said an "advanced safety and surveillance system operating on Norwegian Dawn, including cameras in the interior hallways and on the exterior sides of the ship, has confirmed that Mindy Jordan was in her stateroom alone at the time of the incident."

The sequence of events was described as follows:

# Jordan and Caputo dined at the Garden Café with the couple they were traveling with and then returned to their assigned adjacent staterooms at approximately 7:28 p.m.

# At 7:36 p.m., Caputo left his stateroom and went to join his friends in their stateroom next door. From that moment on, Jordan was alone in her stateroom.

# At 7:53 p.m., surveillance cameras from the exterior of the ship captured Jordan falling overboard from her balcony, straight into the water. Shortly thereafter, an emergency call was made from the friends' stateroom, and Caputo was seen exiting to seek help.

# At 7:57 p.m., a man overboard announcement is made and the ship's crew began lifesaving operations, including the launch of two rescue boats.

The cruise line said it has offered to make arrangements for Jordan's family to join the ship Thursday in Bermuda to view the surveillance footage, and it "remains committed to assisting the family in any way possible during this tragic time."

FBI investigators said they will continue to nail down the facts of what happened, and they have not ruled out foul play.

The couple is well known to their Pine Hill neighbors.

"Friendly, happy, liked to spend time together," Steve Brandt, a neighbor, said.

"Very nice, extremely nice people," Barbara Matthew, a neighbor, said.

Barry Jordan said all he knows is a Coast Guard search has been called off. He said he holds little hope his mother will be found alive.

"It's just unreal," he said.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/16265349/detail.html

Possible...after all this time??
http://patch.com/new-jersey/gloucestertown...rsey-prosecutor

Human Remains Discovered Along Shoreline In South Jersey: Prosecutor
The remains discovered on Wednesday marks the second time this week remains were found in South jersey.
By Anthony Bellano (Patch Staff) - March 3, 2017 3:47 pm ET

The Camden County Prosecutor's Office is working with local authorities to identify human remains discovered in South Jersey earlier this week.

A skeletonized human leg, the top of a skull and several small bones have been found in the area of Pyne Poynt Park in North Camden, Camden County Prosecutor Mary Eva Colalillo and Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson said on Friday.

The property owner and his son discovered the human remains on the shoreline Wednesday morning.

All the remains were collected and arrangements have been made to have them sent to the New Jersey State Police and the New Jersey State Anthropologist to be analyzed.

The investigation is ongoing, and no additional information was provided by a spokesperson for the prosecutor's office on Friday.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Matthew Barber at 856-225-5166 or Camden County Police Detective Webb at 856-757-7420.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:23 AM »

http://crew-center.com/police-searching-missing-royal-caribbean-crew-member

Police Searching for Missing Royal Caribbean Crew Member
Apr 22, 2017

The police in Bonaire are searching for the crew member Adriana Morales de Florencio, an employee of Royal Caribbean. The young woman of Mexican Nationality left the cruise ship, Navigator of the Seas, while the vessel was in Bonaire on April 20, but did not return before departure, setting off the alarm. According to Cruise Law News, this was Adriana’s second contract on the Navigator.

Bonaire police are asking anybody who has seen Adriana or have information, to contact the police office in Kralendijk. Notisia ING released two photos of Adriana Morales de Florencio, one from her passport and another from the Cruise Terminal CCTV camera.

According to the police description, the 23-year-old young crew member was wearing a black sleeveless blouse, short jeans, and black shoes when she was last seen at the cruise terminal checkpoint.

We hope that this is just another case of missing the ship and that the crew member will eventually turn up safe and sound.

The famous Peruvian detective for missing persons David Nostas who have solved 30,000 cases, has posted the following message, with photos of the missing crewmember:

Adriana family is requesting your support

Names: Adriana Morales Florencio
Mexican Nationality
Disappeared: April 20th, 2017
Wore Black Color: Blouse, pants and black shoes.
Distinctive Features: tattoo under the shoulder of pink flower with green.
Message sent by Inna Tapia

Good evening, Mr. David, my sister-in-law is missing, she's originally from Atlixco, Puebla, México. She works for Royal Caribbean Cruises and was last seen on Thursday at noon in Bonaire, and didn’t return to the ship. Don't know what happened. and to date has not been heard of her whereabouts. Friends and family are worried. Please, any information is valuable to us. Thank you in advance. I ask everyone to kindly share this post.

http://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2017/04/29/mexican-cruise-ship-employee-found-dead-buried/

Mexican cruise ship employee found dead and buried
29 APRIL 2017 BY BES-REPORTER

The missing cruise ship employee, Adriana de Morales has been found dead, buried along the coast. She was last seen leaving her cruise ship in the harbor of Kralendijk

Kralendijk- According to credible sources The BES-Reporter understands that the lifeless body of Adriana Morales has been found this evening. She was buried along the coast.

Morales had gone missing on Thursday, April 20th, when her ship docked in the harbor of Kralendijk. Morales left the ship around noon, but what was not seen again.

This morning a spokesperson for the Police had already mentioned that last night a couple of houses were searched in relation to the case and that one male person had been arrested. The BES-reporter understands that the suspect led police to the body of the missing girl.

The BES-Report also understands that Police managed to arrest the suspect because he was seen in a video image together with Morales, a moment after she had left the ship. Further details are not know at this point.

The BES-reporter extends condolences to the family of Adriana Morales, who has so tragically lost her life on our island.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2017, 02:49:11 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1445317012156850&id=129991827022715

Bonaire Reporter
5 hrs ·
A buried body tentatively identified as that of the missing cruise ship crew member, Adriana Moreles de Florencio by a unique tattoo has been found at a farm in Playa Grandi on Bonaire. A suspect is in custody. Surveillance videos were key to the investigation and id of the suspect. Investigators from The Netherlands are assisting in the forensics. Condolences to her family..

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1445316455490239&id=129991827022715

Bonaire Reporter
April 26 at 5:28am ·
Update 9:45 pm April 29- A buried body tentatively identified as that of the missing cruise ship crew member, Adriana Moreles de Florencio by a unique tattoo has been found at a farm in Playa Grandi on Bonaire. A suspect is in custody. Surveillance videos were key to the investigation and id of the suspect. Investigators from The Netherlands are assisting in the forensics. Condolences to her family..

https://www.facebook.com/490270807812505/photos/a.490355211137398.1073741828.490270807812505/723500224489561/?type=3

Notisia ING
5 hrs ·
- BONAIRE:MEXICAN cruise ship employee found dead and buried (By Bes-Reporter.com)
The missing cruise ship employee, Adriana de Morales has been found dead, buried along the coast.
She was last seen leaving her cruise ship in the harbor of Kralendijk.
According to credible sources The BES-Reporter understands that the lifeless body of Adriana Morales has been found this evening. She was buried along the coast.
Morales had gone missing on Thursday, April 20th, when her ship docked in the harbor of Kralendijk.
Morales left the ship around noon, but what was not seen again.
This morning a spokesperson for the Police had already mentioned that last night a couple of houses were searched in relation to the case and that one male person had been arrested. The BES-reporter understands that the suspect led police to the body of the missing girl.
The BES-Report also understands that Police managed to arrest the suspect because he was seen in a video image together with Morales, a moment after she had left the ship.
Further details are not know at this point.
The BES-reporter extends condolences to the family of Adriana Morales, who has so tragically lost her life on our island.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:54:53 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2017, 06:13:12 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wireStory/federal-authorities-announce-charges-cruise-ship-death-48878536
Federal authorities to announce charges in cruise ship death
July 25, 2017

Federal authorities planned to announce charges Thursday in what was described as a domestic dispute aboard a cruise ship in U.S. waters off Alaska that led to the death of a 39-year-old Utah woman.

A suspect was taken into custody, the FBI in Anchorage said late Wednesday.

Princess Cruises said the woman died Tuesday night on the Emerald Princess,
which was carrying 3,400 passengers and 1,100 crew members on a weeklong trip that left Sunday from Seattle. The ship docked in Juneau, Alaska, on Wednesday morning.

Few details about the case were released as investigators went about their work. Passengers were kept aboard the ship for much of the day Wednesday, prompting some grumbling.

The Emerald Princess was diverted to Juneau because of the investigation. The ship arrived in Juneau early Wednesday, and passengers were kept on board for more than eight hours before they were allowed to disembark.

Earlier, several people, including at least one child, were escorted by authorities off the vessel in separate groups. Some were wearing white and gray hooded sweat shirts, with hoods or umbrellas in some cases obscuring their faces.

The groups were whisked away in vehicles with dark-tinted windows that waited in a restricted area of the port.

No further schedule changes were expected for the cruise, which was set to leave late Wednesday bound for the southeast Alaska town of Skagway.

Conversations were underway to offer passengers compensation for lost time, such as providing credits for shore excursions, Princess Cruises spokeswoman Negin Kamali said.

The FBI said it is required to step in when such deaths occur in international or U.S. waters.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.