May 01, 2024, 11:43:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #710 1/03 - 1/09/2007  (Read 252548 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: January 06, 2008, 02:18:21 AM »

Hotshot

I would be willing to bet that Lorenzo wouldn't lend that Cigerette to anybody,
even if Paulus was his father.  He would only run it himself. 
Plus Cigerettes are really loud. Usually 4 / 250hp engines.
I really don't believe that the radar they have picks up small boats other than
a dot on a screen, if that.
Interview with Lt Rudy Soemers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SzUfdbGWps

I think the whole radar thing is BS. According to LT Rudy Soemers you can easily reach Point Escondido in less than a hour with a good speed boat. They have problems with illegals,,etc. If she wanted to leave Aruba it is easy to leave he says. If it's that easy for Natalee to run away to Venezuela then it would be even easier to dump her body in 300-800 foot waters off of the Aruba coast
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:23:19 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #321 on: January 06, 2008, 02:58:46 AM »

Even the "angel" looks like Anita!
look at the bottom right -- an arrow down to "a drink within a drink". At 6-5-05 these "theories"  were simply not out there yet.

Those theories were not out in the public yet.  The parents were searching crack houses, etc.

There would have to be time for the movement of information from witnesses, and the creation of the cartoon. 

Perhaps Natalee's remains were found by authorities as early as day two (Monday or Tuesday).  Keeping them would have certainly answered some questions.  I don't think the story developed as some thought. 

I wonder how many witnesses there are?

Where was the cartoon published?

Anthony Diberardo

About the Cartoonist:

Biography
by: Carmine Funt

Anthony Diberardo is a Canadian political cartoonist who was born on the 27th of October 1476, in Canada. He spent most of his early childhood ignoring others, choosing instead to visit "happy-land". He showed artistic potential early on, often cartooning for cigarettes.
At the age of 10 he won the prestigious Royal Award for Artistic Excellence*.
He went on to win several other awards in his teen years*.

He majored in Fine Art at the University of Guelph.

In the fall of 2002 he left on a wonderful journey to South East Asia where he contracted several of the more well known STD's. There was also a brief battle with some sort of skin fungus.

For a year he taught English and Art to "a great bunch of kids", about 700 a week or so. He recalls walking into the grade three classrooms where the students used to stand and cheer, "art class!". "That made me feel really good. It was then I knew the $40,000 I spent on my degree was really worth it."

After he had his fill of street noodles, dried fish snacks and vomiting children, he drank beer in Europe for a while.

He ended up teaching again to support his "habits". This time, however, it was to university students- all English, no art. It was good. They were "a great bunch of kids".

After getting kicked out of Poland he made his triumphant* return to Southern Ontario.

Oh yes, during this time, and without even entering, he won several prestigious international awards.*

Currently he is a canadian political cartoonist who displays his work on the web, cartoons.diberardo.com, and in numerous publications*.

View diberardo's cartoons: they probably will not bite you.

* This may or may not be true, and by may I mean definitely not true.

http://cartoons.diberardo.com/about-cartoonist.php

I just noticed  this:  the skirt in the picture has flowers on it-like Joran said Natalee's underwear had on them.That info wasn't known at   this time, was  it?

Sorry if already mentioned, I am catching up
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: January 06, 2008, 03:05:50 AM »

I don't want a humongous quote stack -- but yes, that is another coincidence!!!!

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2008, 03:39:09 AM »

I see the letters in the sky as 3 vip.   There are  the 22 on the back pack and a 6 in the sand.  I remember this was  looked at exhaustively at one time, but don't remember any conclusions?  This guy seems to be telling the reader, that Natalee's days were numbered=premeditated. 
Maria
Scared Monkey

« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »

I read here all the time but don't post much.  I saw this sad article this morning about Meredith Emerson and these 2 statements reminded me of this case.  Deepak cleaning his car and the theory that peices of the car were cut out and replaced because of blood.

"Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation also recovered a portion of a seat belt with "apparent blood transfer stains as well," according to the warrant."

"When his 2001 minivan was searched, agents "determined that the rear seat belt had been cut out," according to the warrant."

"Hilton was attempting to vacuum the vehicle and wash portions of it with a bleach and water solution," the warrant says.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/05/missing.hiker/index.html
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #325 on: January 06, 2008, 08:07:32 AM »

I read here all the time but don't post much.  I saw this sad article this morning about Meredith Emerson and these 2 statements reminded me of this case.  Deepak cleaning his car and the theory that peices of the car were cut out and replaced because of blood.

"Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation also recovered a portion of a seat belt with "apparent blood transfer stains as well," according to the warrant."

"When his 2001 minivan was searched, agents "determined that the rear seat belt had been cut out," according to the warrant."

"Hilton was attempting to vacuum the vehicle and wash portions of it with a bleach and water solution," the warrant says.

Good morning, Maria. 

You notice the police have no problem charging that old geezer with kidnapping even though they haven't found her body yet.  His behavior screams guilt.  Just like the behavior of some others we have observed.   

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 06, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »

I was reading the case about the missing hiker and read the article of some of the charges against the guy who abducted her and most likely murdered her.  I underlined one part of the article because I seem to remember the same kind of wording that was in Beth's lawsuit against Joran and Paulus.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »

I thought it was determined that the radar or whatever that should have detected activity in the waters around the little hell hole wasn't working.  Didn't we discuss they bought the system from Raytheon and it wasn't even working?

This Soemers guy is interesting.  I can't decide if he knows more than he's saying (duh) or he's just throwing crap out there to see what he can sell. 

Either way, I'm sure he's probably right about how long it takes to get to South America by boat.  Size of the boat may vary depending on your theory of whose boat is being used.  And how fast do you wanna make the trip.  You could do it in a 50' sailboat if you wanted to.  KWIM?  There's a lot of variables to the "she left the island on a boat" idea. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:11 AM »

Yes just like Deepak Kalpoe indeed.  The only thing is that Deepak had professional help from those Auto Enterprise people and ten days to cut out everything in his car and replace it.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »

I see the letters in the sky as 3 vip.   There are  the 22 on the back pack and a 6 in the sand.  I remember this was  looked at exhaustively at one time, but don't remember any conclusions?  This guy seems to be telling the reader, that Natalee's days were numbered=premeditated. 

He has a website with past cartoons, very interesting.

http://cartoons.diberardo.com/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »

I thought it was determined that the radar or whatever that should have detected activity in the waters around the little hell hole wasn't working.  Didn't we discuss they bought the system from Raytheon and it wasn't even working?

This Soemers guy is interesting.  I can't decide if he knows more than he's saying (duh) or he's just throwing crap out there to see what he can sell. 

Either way, I'm sure he's probably right about how long it takes to get to South America by boat.  Size of the boat may vary depending on your theory of whose boat is being used.  And how fast do you wanna make the trip.  You could do it in a 50' sailboat if you wanted to.  KWIM?  There's a lot of variables to the "she left the island on a boat" idea. 

I remember the Dompig interview pics.  Someone suggested that he should not have shown the radar with blips of warships.  I wouldn't know a warship blip from a cigarette boat blip.

What exactly was the radar keeping track of in Aruba?  Small boats?  Pleasure craft?  Warships? 

Is there perhaps overlap with neighboring islands?  South America?

I wonder at times if the Shango/Simian had a laundry list of loose ends they were communicating.  Someone had a planning meeting and these were all items of concern.  Checked off one by one...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2008, 09:39:34 AM »

Does anyone know if Astrid van Rijn worked anywhere?   What did she do all day in that big house?

She counted the drug money her son brought in.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #332 on: January 06, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »

Good morning Monkeys
Interesting news on aol about Mexico and tourism........

Tourists Shun Crime-Hit Mexico Beaches
By ELLIOT SPAGAT,AP
Posted: 2008-01-05 13:23:23
PLAYAS DE ROSARITO, Mexico (AP) - Assaults on American tourists have brought hard times to hotels and restaurants that dot Mexican beaches just south of the border from San Diego.

Surfers and kayakers are frightened to hit the waters of the northern stretch of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, long popular as a weekend destination for U.S. tourists. Weddings have been canceled. Lobster joints a few steps from the Pacific were almost empty on the usually busy New Year's weekend.

Americans have long tolerated shakedowns by police who boost salaries by pulling over motorists for alleged traffic violations, and tourists know parts of Baja are a hotbed of drug-related violence. But a handful of attacks since summer by masked, armed bandits - some of whom used flashing lights to appear like police - marks a new extreme that has spooked even longtime visitors.

Lori Hoffman, a San Diego-area emergency room nurse, said she was sexually assaulted Oct. 23 by two masked men in front of her boyfriend, San Diego Surfing Academy owner Pat Weber, who was forced to kneel at gunpoint for 45 minutes. They were at a campground with about 30 tents, some 200 miles south of the border.

The men shot out windows of the couple's trailer and forced their way inside, ransacked the cupboards and left with about $7,000 worth of gear, including computers, video equipment and a guitar.

Weber, who has taught dozens of students in Mexico over the last 10 years, plans to surf in Costa Rica or New Zealand. "No more Mexico," said Hoffman, who reported the attack to Mexican police. No arrests have been made.

The Baja California peninsula is known worldwide for clean and sparsely populated beaches, lobster and margaritas and blue waters visited by whales and dolphins. Surfers love the waves; fishermen catch tuna, yellowtail and marlin. Food and hotels are cheap.

News of harrowing assaults on American tourists has begun to overshadow that appeal in the northern part of the peninsula, home to drug gangs and the seedy border city of Tijuana. The comparatively isolated southern tip, with its tony Los Cabos resort, remains safer and is still popular with Hollywood celebrities, anglers and other foreign tourists.

Local media and surfing Web sites that trumpeted Baja in the past have reported several frightening crimes that U.S. and Mexican officials consider credible. Longtime visitors are particularly wary of a toll road near the border that runs through Playas de Rosarito - Rosarito Beach.

In late November, as they returned from the Baja 1000 off-road race, a San Diego-area family was pulled over on the toll road by a car with flashing lights. Heavily armed men held the family hostage for two hours. They eventually released them but stole the family's truck.

Before dawn on Aug. 31, three surfers were carjacked on the same stretch of highway. Gunmen pulled them over in a car with flashing lights, forced them out of their vehicles and ordered one to kneel. They took the trucks and left the surfers.

Aqua Adventures of San Diego scrapped its annual three-day kayak trip to scout for whales in January, ending a run of about 10 years. Customers had already been complaining about longer waits to return to the U.S.; crime gave them another reason to stay away.

"People are just saying, 'No way.' They don't want to deal with the risk," said owner Jen Kleck, who has sponsored trips to Baja about five times a year but hasn't been since July.

Charles Smith, spokesman for the U.S. consulate in Tijuana, said the U.S. government has not found a widespread increase in attacks against Americans, but he acknowledged many crimes go unreported. The State Department has long warned motorists on Mexico's border to watch for people following them, though no new warnings have been issued.

Mexican officials acknowledge crime has threatened a lifeblood of Baja's economy. In Playas de Rosarito, a city of 130,000, police were forced to surrender their weapons last month for testing to determine links to any crimes. Heavily armed men have patrolled City Hall since a failed assassination attempt on the new police chief left one officer dead. On Thursday the bullet-riddled bodies of a Tijuana police official and another man were found dumped near the beach.

"We cannot minimize what's happening to public safety," said Oscar Escobedo Carignan, Baja's new secretary of tourism. "We're going to impose order ... We're indignant about what's happening."

Tourist visits to Baja totaled about 18 million in 2007, down from 21 million the previous year, Escobedo said. Hotel occupancy dropped about 5 percentage points to 53 percent.

Hugo Torres, owner of the storied Rosarito Beach Hotel and the city's new mayor, estimates the number of visitors to Rosarito Beach since summer is down 30 percent.

In the city's Puerto Nuevo tourist enclave, which offers $20 lobster dinners and $1 margaritas, restaurant managers said sales were down as much as 80 percent from last year. One Saturday afternoon in October, masked bandits wielding pistols walked the streets and kidnapped two men - an American and a Spanish citizen - who were later released unharmed. Two people who were with them were shot and wounded.

Omar Armendariz, who manages a Puerto Nuevo lobster restaurant, is counting on the new state and city governments to make tourists feel safer. He has never seen fewer visitors in his nine years on the job.

"It's dead," he said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
01/05/08 13:22 EST

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #333 on: January 06, 2008, 10:32:51 AM »

Does anyone know if Astrid van Rijn worked anywhere?   What did she do all day in that big house?

She has a business on the island.
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »

She has a business on the island.

It appears her business is located in Santa Cruz.   The company deals in prefabricated steel construction and buildings.

Santa Cruz is the location of the early cell phone call according to *******'s previous post.

VAN RIJN IM- EN EXPORT N.V. 

Business address BARCADERA 4, SANTA CRUZ 
Legal form  LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY 
Name of the company  VAN RIJN IM- EN EXPORT N.V. 
Statutory seat  ARUBA 
Date of incorporation  15 JANUARY 1991 

Authorized capital  ARUBAN FLORINS 50,000.00 
Issued capital  ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00 
Paid up capital  ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00 
Fiscal year  01 JANUARY thru 31 DECEMBER 

DIRECTORS - AUTHORIZED PERSONS AND CORPORATE BODIES - SUPERVISORY BOARD: 

VAN RIJN, PAUL; 
Residing in  BARCADERA 4, SANTA CRUZ, ARUBA 
Born in  THE NETHERLANDS, HAARLEM on 27 DECEMBER 1958 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  MANAGING DIRECTOR 
Effective  21 JANUARY 1991 
Authority  FULL 

VAN RIJN-VAN TRAKSEL, ASTRID LOUISE
Residing in  SAVANETA 123-K, SAVANETA, ARUBA 
Born in  THE NETHERLANDS, HAARLEM on 10 FEBRUARY 1960 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Effective  21 JANUARY 1991 
Authority  FULL 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #335 on: January 06, 2008, 10:55:02 AM »

Looks like ALE were very busy last night
http://www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/6/8/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #336 on: January 06, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »

Here's another company listed under Astrid Van Rijn located at the same address as her import/export company.

R & S GO-KART RACING-TRACK ARUBA N.V. 

Legal form  LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY 
Name of the company  R & S GO-KART RACING-TRACK ARUBA N.V. 
Statutory seat  ARUBA 
Date of incorporation  12 MAY 1993 

NOT IN POSSESION OF A BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT LICENCE 

VAN RIJN, PAUL; 
Residing in  BARCADERA 4, SANTA CRUZ, ARUBA 
Born in  THE NETHERLANDS, HAARLEM on 27 DECEMBER 1958 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Effective  12 MAY 1993 
Authority  FULL 

VAN RIJN-VAN TRAKSEL, ASTRID LOUISE; 
Residing in  SAVANETA 123-K, SAVANETA, ARUBA 
Born in  THE NETHERLANDS, HAARLEM on 10 FEBRUARY 1960 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Effective  12 MAY 1993 
Authority  FULL 

There's also this company located at the same address:

R & S DIESEL SERVICE ARUBA N.V.  

HABIBE, TOMMY ORLANDO;

CROES, NELSON ANTONIUS CERILIO;

Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #337 on: January 06, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »

The island is so small no portion of it is out of the quesiton.  Thanks for the maps.  I hadn't seen this one.

Seeing this made me think of this...

Merian Ernest Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:51 pm Post subject: They call him bifrons...
Find Aruba. Find the Haystack. Find Santa Marta. Trace with your finger what the Antenna
has spoken about.

There is a street location called Santa Marta located in Santa Cruz.  Could this be the Santa Marta Merian was referring to?

Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

To add to my above post......Santa Marta, Santa Cruz rather than Santa Marta, Columbia, as some have said.
Ebb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »

Pita! VERY interesting find!

Can anyone tell me how to find Loco Stefi's zorpia page?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.